WANTED: Camping Lot B Extra Car Pass (MXON)

Related:
Create New Tag

9/16/2018 3:29 PM

Hi guys,

We are two friends traveling from France for the MXON and as our first time at Redbud we would loooove to really feel and enjoy the place by spending the saturday night in Lot B :D

We've heard so much about the atmosphere that we don't want to miss that ! Unfortunatelly, i've been told that no further camping lots are available...

So we are actively looking for a Lot B extra pass. Do any of you guys would be king enough to let us purchased an extra car pass ? Here is the official info about it:

"Extra Cars in Camp Sites:
A pass is required for an extra car to park in a camp site.
Extra Car Pass is $30 and can be purchased at the gate when you arrive.
You must have (or purchase) a camping pass in order to purchase an Extra Car Pass"

Of course we would pay you the 30$ and even more if needed (we really want that pass smile).

We are very nice people :D And we are supporting USA as well, yes we are huge fan of Tomac and Barcia !

Thanks in advance for your help.

BTW: For info, we are thinking of renting a Ford F150 and sleep inside the car because we cannot bring any tents with the plane.

|

9/17/2018 10:31 PM

Hey ! Send me an email - ataylor1087@gmail.com

|

9/18/2018 8:30 AM

Alexandra_Taylor wrote:

Hey ! Send me an email - ataylor1087@gmail.com

Hi Alexandra ! Thank you very much, i just emailed you smile

Regards,

|

9/18/2018 10:47 AM

Have to say, that not having enough camping for anyone who wants to come, is something i struggle to understand.

|

9/18/2018 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/18/2018 10:59 AM

philG wrote:

Have to say, that not having enough camping for anyone who wants to come, is something i struggle to understand.

They only own so much land... Redbud posted they are working with County fairgrounds a few miles away for camping. Free shuttles if camping there. These have electric hookup, and RV water available. wish I waited and got one of these

|

9/18/2018 10:57 AM

|

9/18/2018 11:29 AM

Sounds like there is going to be a LOT of night entertainment over at the night track.

|

9/18/2018 11:31 AM

|

9/18/2018 2:50 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

They only own so much land... Redbud posted they are working with County fairgrounds a few miles away for camping. Free ...more

Yeah, but i have never booked camping for any Nations, you just rock up and pay your money. It wont be a Euro sized crowd, but you still cant get everyone on site.

The offsite sounds like a last resort

|

9/18/2018 3:03 PM

philG wrote:

Payup_199 wrote:

They only own so much land... Redbud posted they are working with County fairgrounds a few miles away for camping. Free ...more

philG wrote:

Yeah, but i have never booked camping for any Nations, you just rock up and pay your money. It wont be a Euro sized crowd, but ...more

I'm not commenting about the camping but i do think it will be one of the biggest crowd ever on a motocross track smile

Redbud is gonna be legendary !

|

9/18/2018 3:22 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

philG wrote:

Yeah, but i have never booked camping for any Nations, you just rock up and pay your money. It wont be a Euro sized crowd, but ...more

Baton Rouge wrote:

I'm not commenting about the camping but i do think it will be one of the biggest crowd ever on a motocross track smile

Redbud is ...more

It wont be Matterley or Maggiora sized, but i hope it gets a good turnout, nothing better than a full house.

Disappointed not to be going but going, but when i needed to commit, i wasnt able to, we didnt decide to go to Ernee until the thursday before, as the race i was due to commentate got cancelled last minute.

Cant see that happening this time

|

9/18/2018 6:57 PM

lumpy790 wrote:

Sounds like there is going to be a LOT of night entertainment over at the night track.

Such as?

|

9/18/2018 8:32 PM

philG wrote:

Do you ever read what you write before you hit submit...Sure we'll just go find another 100 acres for camping...

|

“I’m not Swap…”

9/18/2018 8:36 PM

Second camping lot at the county grounds was approved today, they indeed found another 100 acres.

|

9/18/2018 8:56 PM

Payup_199 wrote:

I'll buy your camping space so I can camp with my buddies. I already have tickets though. Want hookups still? ?

|

9/18/2018 9:00 PM

philG wrote:

Baton Rouge wrote:

Redbud is ...more

philG wrote:

It wont be Matterley or Maggiora sized, but i hope it gets a good turnout, nothing better than a full house.

Disappointed ...more

i think yer kinda high on yourself if you dont think this will be huge. that place will be wall to wall.

|

9/18/2018 9:05 PM

dboivin wrote:

i think yer kinda high on yourself if you dont think this will be huge. that place will be wall to wall.

Yep! I know of 25 people (at least) who already bought tickets...and all of them are in CA. It's going to be motocross' version of Woodstock.

I hope they have extra aambulances for the size of the crowd. It wouldn't be the first time a race was delayed because the crowd used up all the meat wagons!

|

9/19/2018 4:29 AM

I'm just wondering how many emails Alexandra has received from desperate guys on this site so far? Well, besides the 34 I already sent. Still waiting for reply...

|

9/19/2018 4:58 AM

I understand there are a hell of a lot of logistics to sort out for more camping space. But everyone knew this was going to be huge, not sure if they tried to rent land from the surrounding farms?
With the price they are charging for camping, $250-$300 per site!!!! I'm sure they could still make a huge profit, and the farmer make a huge profit.
I never pre booked camping at a euro mxon, just rolled up on Friday and payed my €30, that's right €30!!!
I would have loved to camp at the track, but now I have settled for a hotel in south bend, I'm hoping I can still get to and from south bend later at night, as I want to enjoy some of the evening activities at the track Friday and Saturday night.
I will be wearing a green and gold suit, with a boxing kangaroo flag, come say g'day if you see me.

|

9/19/2018 5:20 AM

Badd127 wrote:

I understand there are a hell of a lot of logistics to sort out for more camping space. But everyone knew this was going to be ...more

Be prepared to spend ALOT of $$ on uber/lyft rides.

They did acquire more land for parking and camping around the track area I read. Also made the existing camp sites smaller to get more sites.

QUESTION: what is a good turnout for these big Euro MXDN's? Do they get over 100k people?

|

9/19/2018 5:26 AM

Badd127 wrote:

I understand there are a hell of a lot of logistics to sort out for more camping space. But everyone knew this was going to be ...more

You'll be good traveling too/from South Bend. The largest traffic jam will be on Red Bud Trail and Buchanan if there is a long line.

|

9/19/2018 5:40 AM

I am also looking for anyone that would be interested in letting me park my car at their camp spot at the track.

This is from the RedBud Site...

"Extra Cars in Camp Sites
A pass is required for an extra car to park in your camp site.
Extra Car Pass is $30 and can be purchased at the gate when you arrive with your camping pass.
You must have a camping pass in order to purchase an Extra Car Pass.
Extra cars can park in the campsite all weekend, and can leave and return as needed.
If the extra car is arriving after the camper: purchase the car pass when you come in and meet the extra car at the entrance with the pass.

I have a small VW Gti that I would gladly pay the $30 Extra Car Pass, and throw in another $50 to help with the camp spot if anyone is interested. Driving up from Cincinnati.

|

9/19/2018 7:45 AM

Badd127 wrote:

Payup_199 wrote:

Be prepared to spend ALOT of $$ on uber/lyft rides.

They did acquire more land for parking and camping around the track area ...more

I'm expecting to pay about $60 for a taxi from south bend to the track in the morning or during the day, and I would be prepared to pay $100 for the trip back to south bend late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, after enjoying the evenings activities.
Do these prices sound close to what they might be?

|

9/19/2018 8:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 9/19/2018 8:10 AM

Ya that is probably pretty close. As I type this right now the lyft ride (4 people) is $29 and lyft XL (6 people) is $54. 10am on a wednesday

|

9/19/2018 8:38 AM

JK105 wrote:

I am also looking for anyone that would be interested in letting me park my car at their camp spot at the track.

This is from ...more

What day are you arriving?

|

9/19/2018 10:26 AM

philG wrote:

Disappointed ...more

dboivin wrote:

ridge wrote:

Yep! I know of 25 people (at least) who already bought tickets...and all of them are in CA. It's going to be motocross' ...more

Said the same to my friends when the track got the news they had the 2018 MXDN. "Gonna be a Woodstock" for sure.

|

9/19/2018 10:47 AM

philG wrote:

Wanna be in the guts and party with all sorts of folks from around the world? That is priceless in my book... camping is the fun option.

|

vomiting equals disqualification.

9/19/2018 10:51 AM

lumpy790 wrote:

jd418 wrote:

Such as?

The Night track area serves for the additional night events, Celebrity Mini MXoN race and other programs.

|

9/19/2018 12:29 PM

I have a site in B lot with just a car and tent. Depending on the size of the site, I may rent out the extra car spot. Won’t know until that Friday though.

|

9/19/2018 1:06 PM

I hear Marvin M might have a couple of passes he doesn't need anymore

|