WADA strikes again Cade Clason

MXerDW
Edited Date/Time 6/23/2017 11:24am
|
DonM
6/21/2017 7:46am
Probably took cold medicine...that will probably knock him out of the Canadian nationals
kage173
6/21/2017 8:00am
Yeah, if there is anything that highlights the shameful disparity in this sport, this is it. I totally get that they want to make it more professional and have it be a world-class sports league. But, here we are punishing a guy who pays to race. Most of the time he pays, not gets paid, and probably has debt as he tries keep racing. And they are busting him for cold medicine (probably).

He isn't a well paid world class athlete with trainers and WADA educated doctors that can guide him through and around regulations.

Maybe someone with more insight can sit there and tell me that he should've known better, but that's the way I see it.

downard254
6/21/2017 8:04am
TeamGreen wrote:
CMRC isn't part of the FIM...
Yes but don't they frown on you if found guilty of their rule, yet race anyway. They may tend to be a little extra harsh when it come to returning to an AMA series

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
54th
6/21/2017 8:19am
TeamGreen wrote:
CMRC isn't part of the FIM...
downard254 wrote:
Yes but don't they frown on you if found guilty of their rule, yet race anyway. They may tend to be a little extra harsh when...
Yes but don't they frown on you if found guilty of their rule, yet race anyway. They may tend to be a little extra harsh when it come to returning to an AMA series
Exactly...
RG1
6/21/2017 8:19am
It's a shame, but rules are rules and you have to apply them to everyone no matter their ability or how much they are being paid. I don't believe that this is anything more than a mistake on Cade's part, I don't think he's the kind of guy to take a banned substance deliberately, but if you're competing in a series where WADA is present you have to know that you've got to be super careful with what you're taking
MR. X
6/21/2017 8:27am
Such a joke
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
6/21/2017 8:29am
Welp.
TeamGreen
6/21/2017 8:30am
RG1 wrote:
It's a shame, but rules are rules and you have to apply them to everyone no matter their ability or how much they are being paid...
It's a shame, but rules are rules and you have to apply them to everyone no matter their ability or how much they are being paid. I don't believe that this is anything more than a mistake on Cade's part, I don't think he's the kind of guy to take a banned substance deliberately, but if you're competing in a series where WADA is present you have to know that you've got to be super careful with what you're taking
My guess is cold/flu meds. Either way, he's gonna need a retest of the b sample and hope for an acceptable solution.
mxb2
6/21/2017 8:33am
Don't they get rulebooks when they get their pro card?,. And rules are online also.
RG1
6/21/2017 8:37am
RG1 wrote:
It's a shame, but rules are rules and you have to apply them to everyone no matter their ability or how much they are being paid...
TeamGreen wrote:
My guess is cold/flu meds. Either way, he's gonna need a retest of the b sample and hope for an acceptable solution.
Yeah. If that is the case, then I do have a level of sympathy for him, but at the same time, you have to know that stuff like that is going to have banned substances in it
TeamGreen
6/21/2017 8:39am
RG1 wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Yeah. If that is the case, then I do have a level of sympathy for him, but at the same time, you have to know that...
Yeah. If that is the case, then I do have a level of sympathy for him, but at the same time, you have to know that stuff like that is going to have banned substances in it
Yup
Camp332
6/21/2017 8:42am
I'm about to hit the gym and snap some creatine down the hatch Bro!
jbomx363
6/21/2017 8:52am
No problem with testing, fining, punishing...

But damn.. WADA has no idea how short this sport is and what a detriment their hatchet has on someones career.

16 mths for Stewart.. 4 years.. 4 fn years! for the Moss guys..retarded penalties.

The penalties ruined the rest of Stewarts career..(although I'm a super fan of Stewarts, I don't disregard the fact he was on his way out anyway) and depending on the penalty for Clason, will kill his too.

Penalties don't fit the "crime" IMO.
rmoto003
6/21/2017 8:56am
Not that he has actually been sentenced yet, but who makes up these sentences for violations?

Why did they just take the sentence for an Olympic athlete and apply it to every other sport? I understand the reasoning behind 4 years for Olympians because they meet once every 4 years (so it pretty much takes them out of 1 competition).

So why are motocross careers basically ended for a violation? Not that Im advocating the use of PEDs (obviously) but it seems like they could make the sentencing a lot more sport-specific and still be effective without ending careers.
LungButter
6/21/2017 8:57am
jbomx363 wrote:
No problem with testing, fining, punishing... But damn.. WADA has no idea how short this sport is and what a detriment their hatchet has on someones...
No problem with testing, fining, punishing...

But damn.. WADA has no idea how short this sport is and what a detriment their hatchet has on someones career.

16 mths for Stewart.. 4 years.. 4 fn years! for the Moss guys..retarded penalties.

The penalties ruined the rest of Stewarts career..(although I'm a super fan of Stewarts, I don't disregard the fact he was on his way out anyway) and depending on the penalty for Clason, will kill his too.

Penalties don't fit the "crime" IMO.
I agree.

I also think the banned list is way too intense for our sport. Hell, there are a ton of over the counter supplements and medications that are a violation. Unreasonable in my opinion.

I find it hard to believe that a guy like Clason who is probably breaking even at best, was really "doping" for performance.

How many of the guys who only show up for a local round or 2 are probably in violation and don't even know it?

Our sport doesn't need WADA.
jbomx363
6/21/2017 9:06am
Penalties are def unreasonable for this sport.

Some will say.... but that's a great deterrent to keep people off peds in the sport..

I say.. horseshit.. a deterrent penalty should be just that.. not a possible career ender. What that is is up for debate. But if you're in the season, 3 races, 5 races, half a season is a pretty good penalty to teach you and others a lesson.
Fearo
6/21/2017 9:13am
Pro motocross racers take doping, shocking news...

The funny thing is this is from a urine test. Top cyclists spend millions for undetectable masking agents for BLOOD doping, stuff that couldn't be found in a million years in urine.

I guess if you're a privateer on the bike, you're probably a privateer on the juice program as well.
twotwosix
6/21/2017 9:18am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 9:19am
Fearo wrote:
Pro motocross racers take doping, shocking news... The funny thing is this is from a urine test. Top cyclists spend millions for undetectable masking agents for...

The funny thing is this is from a urine test. Top cyclists spend millions for undetectable masking agents for BLOOD doping, stuff that couldn't be found in a million years in urine.

I guess if you're a privateer on the bike, you're probably a privateer on the juice program as well.
I wouldn't be so quick to call it 'doping' man. Ease up.

Test did not show an elevated Epitestosterone level, GHRP, EPO, SERMs, or anything that I would call 'doping' from real blood tests. If you take the wrong pre-workout or fat burner from GNC, you can pop for Amphetamines...
BobPA
6/21/2017 9:25am
Fearo wrote:
Pro motocross racers take doping, shocking news... The funny thing is this is from a urine test. Top cyclists spend millions for undetectable masking agents for...

twotwosix wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to call it 'doping' man. Ease up. Test did not show an elevated Epitestosterone level, GHRP, EPO, SERMs, or anything that...
I wouldn't be so quick to call it 'doping' man. Ease up.

Test did not show an elevated Epitestosterone level, GHRP, EPO, SERMs, or anything that I would call 'doping' from real blood tests. If you take the wrong pre-workout or fat burner from GNC, you can pop for Amphetamines...
This

It is getting to a point where athletes have to hire a dietitian fluent in the USADA/WADA rulebook. It is very easy for an athlete to pop for a banned substance. I follow MMA once in a while and, obviously, they have articles about this all the time. I have read that USADA has a hotline you can call at anytime to ask questions about what is good and what is bad, along with a program where samples can be sent in and tested for any supplement you want to use or are currently in use. I am all for anti-doping, but it is a lot of work for an athlete to make sure they are in the clear.
Katoomey
6/21/2017 9:36am
kage173 wrote:
Yeah, if there is anything that highlights the shameful disparity in this sport, this is it. I totally get that they want to make it more...
Yeah, if there is anything that highlights the shameful disparity in this sport, this is it. I totally get that they want to make it more professional and have it be a world-class sports league. But, here we are punishing a guy who pays to race. Most of the time he pays, not gets paid, and probably has debt as he tries keep racing. And they are busting him for cold medicine (probably).

He isn't a well paid world class athlete with trainers and WADA educated doctors that can guide him through and around regulations.

Maybe someone with more insight can sit there and tell me that he should've known better, but that's the way I see it.

i agree that this whole drug testing thing is idiotic for moto.

but to claim ignorance, give me a break, especially after the Stewart suspension, if you are not aware of WADA, then too bad for you. and if it comes out thats what he claims himself, then he can fuck off because hes a liar.

there is a list. on that list are substances. it isnt rocket science. whether you agree with what's on the list or not is irrelevant
twotwosix
6/21/2017 9:43am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 9:47am
Katoomey wrote:
i agree that this whole drug testing thing is idiotic for moto. but to claim ignorance, give me a break, especially after the Stewart suspension, if...

but to claim ignorance, give me a break, especially after the Stewart suspension, if you are not aware of WADA, then too bad for you. and if it comes out thats what he claims himself, then he can fuck off because hes a liar.

there is a list. on that list are substances. it isnt rocket science. whether you agree with what's on the list or not is irrelevant
Yeah, but its so easy to F up and take something that you can pop for. There are things that you can buy at the gas station here in the US that are not WADA approved. I'm actually surprised more privateers haven't slipped up...

I don't know much about Cade or really care, but hopefully they can pin down what he took. Hell, maybe he's a meth head, IDK lol. I could just see there being a simple explanation here. If the substance was anything else, I wouldn't say that.
DonM
6/21/2017 9:46am
kage173 wrote:
Yeah, if there is anything that highlights the shameful disparity in this sport, this is it. I totally get that they want to make it more...

Katoomey wrote:
i agree that this whole drug testing thing is idiotic for moto. but to claim ignorance, give me a break, especially after the Stewart suspension, if...

More than likely an over the counter cold/flu medicine that he didn't know would give him a positive test.
DonM
6/21/2017 9:47am
Fearo wrote:

Gotta be one in every crowd....
TeamGreen
6/21/2017 9:49am
Fearo wrote:

DonM wrote:
Exactly what I was thinking
twotwosix
6/21/2017 9:52am
DonM wrote:
More than likely an over the counter cold/flu medicine that he didn't know would give him a positive test.
Also a good point.
marx41
Fantasy
1387th
6/21/2017 9:57am
The good news is that nobody here holds a grudge.
McDuff
6/21/2017 10:14am
My guess is it was Anacin.I was strolling through the pits before the N.J. sx, and I heard him ask "Does anybody have any Anacin?" You've got to watch it, that's powerful stuff.
milliebays
6/21/2017 10:21am Edited Date/Time 6/21/2017 10:22am
Fearo wrote:

DonM wrote:
one what?

you think the sport is clean now that Lance is gone? have you kept up with what 37yo Valverde has done this year?

Post a reply to: WADA strikes again Cade Clason

The Latest