WADA declared "unfit for purpose" by 17 anti-doping agencies

Robgvx
11/6/2018 12:10am
VRR7 wrote:
IMO - WADA are filled with self importance. The effect or unintended consequence of their actions is that because they put such a high value on...
IMO - WADA are filled with self importance. The effect or unintended consequence of their actions is that because they put such a high value on themselves and their penalties they are actually saying to the world at large that DRUGS are a huge thing ! Which makes everyone want to take DRUGS more than not see them as desirable anyway. A real paradox!!! They are making and marketing PED's - Have you heard there is no such thing as bad advertising !

In Australia they ran a anti Cocaine program to reduce the use of cocaine in the advertising industry. The effect was their was a spike in cocaine use. It made people think more about using cocaine than would be if they had remained silent.

WADA needs to be taken down a peg or 77 ! They should not have the power to ban an athlete for life ! That is open to abuse of power. They should only be able to influence one event at a time same as other form of control. Like engine rulings etc. Example if they find an Athlete cheated in an event then that event get penalized ! Full stop. They have to derive tests that the results are quick. It should also be for example they can only test under protest ! So a competitor can protest another rider and then they can send the test away and result can be pending that.

Their all powerful do whatever we wish situation is bad for everyone not to mention my main point is their focus on how important anti drugs and severe the penalties are means that drugs must be very very very good is actually a bad message to be broadcasting!

Like my friend joked to a cycle shop assistant - "Where are the drugs Lance took that is what I want !"
How is drug testing ‘bad for everyone’?

It’s only been bad for the 3 riders who were caught cheating over the last 6 or 7 years since its implementation.
Paul333
11/6/2018 5:49am Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 5:50am
Absolutely

Especially when anybody can buy the ability to run the “World Championship” GP series. If the FIM itself ran the series that would be one thing, they have history and thus credibility right or wrong.

BUT, when then auction it off to Youthstream that historical credibility goes out the window. Other than renting the series what qualifications/credibility does Youthstream / Luongo have to be the ALL Powerful MX God? I will answer my own question....Nada, Zip, Zero, None.
dkg
11/6/2018 10:37am
How about this? The FIM is not going to exit WADA. Feld is not going to relinquish the FIM sanction. Maybe the athletes should be insisting...
How about this? The FIM is not going to exit WADA. Feld is not going to relinquish the FIM sanction.

Maybe the athletes should be insisting that the FIM tighten up its results management laxity. Provide hard deadlines and a responsive single point of contact to make the process and its schedule objective and timely in regard to the frequency of racing. Change rarely is dramatic, more often relentless pressure does the trick.
Yep, this is the best approach. I always wondered how a Federal Court would deal with something filed to compel FIM to comply with its obligations under the WADA code they are a signatory to. I suspect a Federal Court might have a different definition of a "Reasonable Time" than that of the FIM.
gantry25
11/6/2018 12:44pm
mxb2 wrote:
Cant compare big $$ sports to mx,sx. One weekend in the nfl would pay for a full year if sx,mx. And i would think tickle would...
Cant compare big $$ sports to mx,sx. One weekend in the nfl would pay for a full year if sx,mx. And i would think tickle would have learned from clason, stewart incidents .He saw how long that took ,rolled the dice. Got popped. Live and learn.
gantry25 wrote:
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent...
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent organization that is destroying your ability to make a living.

No reason why the penalties for the offense's could not have been determined and relayed to the affected athletes within a couple weeks. No reason whatsoever.
mxb2 wrote:
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has...
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has nothing to do with anything. Use common sense. Yea but lets blame the system because he got caught and has to wait. How many other riders got popped or what riders are complaining? Old saying goes, dont like the rules, play another game. Seems like most others have no problem passing tests, and arent against the rules and guidelines.
You seem to be missing the point. Most aren't arguing that the riders should not be penalized. It's the complete lack of communication on WADA or the FIM's part in regards to the sentence, The athlete in question should know within a couple of weeks what kind of suspension he is getting. Waiting a year to know what the penalties are is utterly ridiculous.

The Shop

mxb2
11/6/2018 12:53pm
gantry25 wrote:
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent...
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent organization that is destroying your ability to make a living.

No reason why the penalties for the offense's could not have been determined and relayed to the affected athletes within a couple weeks. No reason whatsoever.
mxb2 wrote:
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has...
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has nothing to do with anything. Use common sense. Yea but lets blame the system because he got caught and has to wait. How many other riders got popped or what riders are complaining? Old saying goes, dont like the rules, play another game. Seems like most others have no problem passing tests, and arent against the rules and guidelines.
gantry25 wrote:
You seem to be missing the point. Most aren't arguing that the riders should not be penalized. It's the complete lack of communication on WADA or...
You seem to be missing the point. Most aren't arguing that the riders should not be penalized. It's the complete lack of communication on WADA or the FIM's part in regards to the sentence, The athlete in question should know within a couple of weeks what kind of suspension he is getting. Waiting a year to know what the penalties are is utterly ridiculous.
My point is Tickle saw how long it took for clason and stewart but still made his decision to do what he did. Until the guidelines change, they are what they are. Learn from others mistakes instead of being mad at the system.
burn1986
Fantasy
3311th
11/6/2018 3:39pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 3:40pm
mxb2 wrote:
gantry25 wrote:
You seem to be missing the point. Most aren't arguing that the riders should not be penalized. It's the complete lack of communication on WADA or...
mxb2 wrote:
My point is Tickle saw how long it took for clason and stewart but still made his decision to do what he did. Until the guidelines...
My point is Tickle saw how long it took for clason and stewart but still made his decision to do what he did. Until the guidelines change, they are what they are. Learn from others mistakes instead of being mad at the system.
Edit
Nighttrain
11/6/2018 5:58pm
Check out a top shelf interview with Floyd Landis. His comments about the IOC, UCI, WADA and USADA were plenty revealing. Reinforces some of the points in “Icarus” from a person on the other side of pro cycling’s PED policies.

I especially appreciate Landis recognizing the ultimate price paid by Pantani and Vandenbroucke.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/landis-lance-redemption-and-the-future-…

Post a reply to: WADA declared "unfit for purpose" by 17 anti-doping agencies

The Latest