WADA declared "unfit for purpose" by 17 anti-doping agencies

11/3/2018 10:55am Edited Date/Time 11/3/2018 10:56am
TbonesPop wrote:
Cade raced in Canada. Broc is holding off because as long as he doesn't race professionally ([b]anywhere[/b]), his time now not racing will go as time...
Cade raced in Canada. Broc is holding off because as long as he doesn't race professionally (anywhere), his time now not racing will go as time served toward the suspension. If he races in Canada, and learns of his suspension, the suspension then starts from when he last stopped racing - even in Canada. Cade pretty much walked away from racing in the US - I don't blame him. Broc clearly wants to make a come back and is hoping his suspension gets resolved soon and all the time off he has had will go toward that suspension being served.
To me that falls under the bad communication on WADA's part. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Cade or Broc were ever specifically told by WADA that competing in a series completely seperate from anything to do with WADA would have some sort of an effect. I don't know, I personally think them beingmad at Cade for racing in Canada is extemely petty and IMO just speaks to how unprofessional WADA truly is.
scott_nz
Fantasy
597th
11/3/2018 11:40am
To me that falls under the bad communication on WADA's part. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Cade or Broc were ever specifically...
To me that falls under the bad communication on WADA's part. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Cade or Broc were ever specifically told by WADA that competing in a series completely seperate from anything to do with WADA would have some sort of an effect. I don't know, I personally think them beingmad at Cade for racing in Canada is extemely petty and IMO just speaks to how unprofessional WADA truly is.
pretty sure you need to take WADA out, and insert FIM, its up to the sporting bodies to set the punishment, although wada can and has appealed when they think its too light,
11/3/2018 4:29pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2018 4:32pm
mxb2 wrote:
Who knows what communication was had?. At the end of the day its on Tickle. He should have considered the length of time the other cases...
Who knows what communication was had?. At the end of the day its on Tickle. He should have considered the length of time the other cases took. He rolled the dice, knew the rules. If he didnt know or care, shame on him. Plenty riders out there that havent been suspended.
So if you are arrested for committing a crime, you are cool with the police or prosecutor not telling you shit for months on end about...
So if you are arrested for committing a crime, you are cool with the police or prosecutor not telling you shit for months on end about what your punishment could be? Meanwhile, the talent that pays your bills in completely off limits til........
mxb2 wrote:
Well if i was dumb enough to commit a crime i would know the penalty and procedures involved. All his manfriends, sponsors and him , nobody...
Well if i was dumb enough to commit a crime i would know the penalty and procedures involved. All his manfriends, sponsors and him , nobody knows what was involved. Lol. Ok. If this is a problem, why dont more get caught? Or maybe they try to follow the guide lines and avoid a mess like this. How do you know tickle doesnt have info?
I don`t dispute that he eff`d up, but there should be a due process involved and not just leave the riders hanging. I`m all for punishment for the offense (which seems pretty minor in the big scheme of doping), but it shouldn't take this long, that is just unacceptable. As far as how do we know that he doesn't know? In this day and age of information and media releases for everything, I`m sure the suspension would be in a release by now. They did it for Stewart eventually, albeit way to long in that account as well. Professional ball players/ MMA fighter hear of their punishment almost immediately, not 6 months to a year later, that's just absurd!
Johnny Depp
11/3/2018 4:54pm
The whole thing is a mismanaged shit show that makes our sport look bad. I predict nothing will be done to correct it. See bicycle racing.

The Shop

TbonesPop
Fantasy
360th
11/3/2018 7:13pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Cade raced in Canada. Broc is holding off because as long as he doesn't race professionally ([b]anywhere[/b]), his time now not racing will go as time...
Cade raced in Canada. Broc is holding off because as long as he doesn't race professionally (anywhere), his time now not racing will go as time served toward the suspension. If he races in Canada, and learns of his suspension, the suspension then starts from when he last stopped racing - even in Canada. Cade pretty much walked away from racing in the US - I don't blame him. Broc clearly wants to make a come back and is hoping his suspension gets resolved soon and all the time off he has had will go toward that suspension being served.
To me that falls under the bad communication on WADA's part. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe Cade or Broc were ever specifically...
Both Cade and Broc were told by WADA what they couldn't do with respect to racing and both made their decisions accordingly. Broc was on the podcast with Weege talking about a month or two back. I think Broc is hoping the decision comes down and its about the same as Stewarts which lets him ride the outdoors in 2019 IIRC.
greenmx5
11/3/2018 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 11/3/2018 11:16pm
Imagine a governing body coming into your work place and saying you broke a company policy. You're now suspended without pay. You also cannot go to another company and work there either or your suspension from your original place will be longer. You can pick up and start elsewhere, but it's gotta be in Canada. You're given vague info as to why and now have to find another way to make money. And the length of time can be anywhere from 6 months to 2 years. You are also not getting any communication from this governing body as to when you'll be able to return to work. That's WADA in a nutshell.
Paul333
11/4/2018 10:39am
I find it funny how the Russians get back in after such a short time but Tickle has heard nothing.

The Russians got caught in a multi billion dollar government run & funded doping scandal. All with tractor trailers full of evidence.

WADA is corrupt
11/4/2018 10:47am
Hoseclamp wrote:
I totally agree with you and they are being stupid. I altered your statement and also believe this to be true. WADA has marijuana on their...
I totally agree with you and they are being stupid. I altered your statement and also believe this to be true.

WADA has marijuana on their banned substance list. A natural compound found in nature and added into many foods and drinks, a compound readily consumed by the human population and yet WADA in all their wisdom decided to ban it! So basically banning nature.

When the hell did anyone ever gain an athletic advantage from weed? Then why is it on the list? The whole thing needs a major overhaul, from caffeine to weed to whatever the hell that stupid thing was they found in Tickles system that supposedly dosnt enhance shit. I dont want cheaters, but Id also like to see some more common sence in the banned substances and the penalties. These athletes are already under enough pressure, no need to make them walk on egg shells being careful to not eat the wrong kind of steak etc etc. This whole thing stinks!
JustMX wrote:
Using your logic cocaine and heroin shouldn't be on the list either.
You cant grow cocaine or heroin in your garden....
loftyair
11/4/2018 11:07am
Rushton597 wrote:
You cant grow cocaine or heroin in your garden....
Sure you can. Well, almost. It is illegal in U.S. But, marijuana has concentrates that are legal in some States. The poppy flower is legal in the U.S., but don't make the concentrate! Magic Mushrooms are growing naturally, legal, but picking them is illegal!
mxb2
11/4/2018 12:04pm
So if you are arrested for committing a crime, you are cool with the police or prosecutor not telling you shit for months on end about...
So if you are arrested for committing a crime, you are cool with the police or prosecutor not telling you shit for months on end about what your punishment could be? Meanwhile, the talent that pays your bills in completely off limits til........
mxb2 wrote:
Well if i was dumb enough to commit a crime i would know the penalty and procedures involved. All his manfriends, sponsors and him , nobody...
Well if i was dumb enough to commit a crime i would know the penalty and procedures involved. All his manfriends, sponsors and him , nobody knows what was involved. Lol. Ok. If this is a problem, why dont more get caught? Or maybe they try to follow the guide lines and avoid a mess like this. How do you know tickle doesnt have info?
I don`t dispute that he eff`d up, but there should be a due process involved and not just leave the riders hanging. I`m all for punishment...
I don`t dispute that he eff`d up, but there should be a due process involved and not just leave the riders hanging. I`m all for punishment for the offense (which seems pretty minor in the big scheme of doping), but it shouldn't take this long, that is just unacceptable. As far as how do we know that he doesn't know? In this day and age of information and media releases for everything, I`m sure the suspension would be in a release by now. They did it for Stewart eventually, albeit way to long in that account as well. Professional ball players/ MMA fighter hear of their punishment almost immediately, not 6 months to a year later, that's just absurd!
Cant compare big $$ sports to mx,sx. One weekend in the nfl would pay for a full year if sx,mx. And i would think tickle would have learned from clason, stewart incidents .He saw how long that took ,rolled the dice. Got popped. Live and learn.
11/4/2018 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/4/2018 2:55pm
No. But that’s why I live in America. To have that privilege of speedy trial.

Cant understand why the sport doesn’t have independent third party program. Who needs wada anymore. you can’t suspend guys and kill their career over a “eh maybe” bad b sample....
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/5/2018 7:21am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 7:22am
Griping about the WADA is like griping about the wooden paddle the principal is spanking you with. It’s the person wielding it, not the actual paddle. How is griping about wada going to do anything. The US promoters hired them. And yes, we all know it’s complicated, but it’s their show, and that’s who they chose.
mxbrian15
11/5/2018 9:31am
burn1986 wrote:
Griping about the WADA is like griping about the wooden paddle the principal is spanking you with. It’s the person wielding it, not the actual paddle...
Griping about the WADA is like griping about the wooden paddle the principal is spanking you with. It’s the person wielding it, not the actual paddle. How is griping about wada going to do anything. The US promoters hired them. And yes, we all know it’s complicated, but it’s their show, and that’s who they chose.
The promoters did not hire WADA. They brought in the FIM, which has WADA do all of the testing. Get rid of the FIM and you solve this (WADA), and a lot of other problems with American supercross.
Tarz483
Fantasy
379th
11/5/2018 10:55am Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 10:59am
burn1986 wrote:
Griping about the WADA is like griping about the wooden paddle the principal is spanking you with. It’s the person wielding it, not the actual paddle...
mxbrian15 wrote:
The promoters did not hire WADA. They brought in the FIM, which has WADA do all of the testing. Get rid of the FIM and you...
The promoters did not hire WADA. They brought in the FIM, which has WADA do all of the testing. Get rid of the FIM and you solve this (WADA), and a lot of other problems with American supercross.
Is That Something that is a realistic possibility? Separating from the FIM?
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
11/5/2018 11:16am
burn1986 wrote:
mxbrian15 wrote:
The promoters did not hire WADA. They brought in the FIM, which has WADA do all of the testing. Get rid of the FIM and you...
Tarz483 wrote:
In as much as AMA Pro Racing is an FIM signatory, not so likely. However, an outlaw series could do the trick. (Remember the Mickey Thompson Series?)

Thinking along those lines brought me to this: How many ingredients in a can of Monster are illegal under the WADA doping code? If there's ever a conflict between those two parties, how fast would Feld take Monster's side and drop-kick the whole AMA/FIM sanction?

I've always wondered why an AMA sanction EVEN MATTERS. So long as all the parties involved agree that a particular series is the most legitimate, that's the one that will draw riders and crowds.
11/5/2018 11:55am
TbonesPop wrote:
TbonesPop wrote:
Both Cade and Broc were told by WADA what they couldn't do with respect to racing and both made their decisions accordingly. Broc was on the...
Both Cade and Broc were told by WADA what they couldn't do with respect to racing and both made their decisions accordingly. Broc was on the podcast with Weege talking about a month or two back. I think Broc is hoping the decision comes down and its about the same as Stewarts which lets him ride the outdoors in 2019 IIRC.
Do you have anything where Cade or Broc said they were informed? Because as far as I know (just from the different podcasts out there) that was not case at all.
mxbrian15
11/5/2018 12:11pm
TbonesPop wrote:
Both Cade and Broc were told by WADA what they couldn't do with respect to racing and both made their decisions accordingly. Broc was on the...
Do you have anything where Cade or Broc said they were informed? Because as far as I know (just from the different podcasts out there) that...
Do you have anything where Cade or Broc said they were informed? Because as far as I know (just from the different podcasts out there) that was not case at all.
Correct. From what I have heard and read in interviews, it is all hearsay. Broc and Cade heard from others that that was the case. In Broc's interview, Weege asks him if WADA told him he couldn't race, and he said "no" and that it is what he was advised to do by others.
mxbrian15
11/5/2018 12:16pm
burn1986 wrote:
mxbrian15 wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
I believe it is realistically possible. I have yet to hear from anyone what the FIM brings to the table that benefits supercross.
philG
11/5/2018 1:02pm
You have the AMA , and the FIM , so you have a set of rules, that allows the sport to exist on a worldwide basis,where there is a global set of rules. Otherwise you just end up with a sport that exists only in your country , see NASCAR, Baseball, NFL, Mud bog racing etc etc..

Johnny Depp
11/5/2018 1:02pm
mxbrian15 wrote:
Tarz483 wrote:
Falcon wrote:
In as much as AMA Pro Racing is an FIM signatory, not so likely. However, an outlaw series could do the trick. (Remember the Mickey Thompson...
In as much as AMA Pro Racing is an FIM signatory, not so likely. However, an outlaw series could do the trick. (Remember the Mickey Thompson Series?)

Thinking along those lines brought me to this: How many ingredients in a can of Monster are illegal under the WADA doping code? If there's ever a conflict between those two parties, how fast would Feld take Monster's side and drop-kick the whole AMA/FIM sanction?

I've always wondered why an AMA sanction EVEN MATTERS. So long as all the parties involved agree that a particular series is the most legitimate, that's the one that will draw riders and crowds.
Um remember what happened to Mickey..

You don't have to get rid of the FIM, they just could get rid of WADA. I'm sure there are some brandy sniffing, cigar smoke filled backrooms with greasy palms preventing that.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4133rd
11/5/2018 1:11pm
How about this? The FIM is not going to exit WADA. Feld is not going to relinquish the FIM sanction.

Maybe the athletes should be insisting that the FIM tighten up its results management laxity. Provide hard deadlines and a responsive single point of contact to make the process and its schedule objective and timely in regard to the frequency of racing. Change rarely is dramatic, more often relentless pressure does the trick.
NorCal 50+
11/5/2018 1:58pm
In Friday's "Racerhead":

"The FIM enlists WADA to assist with testing procedures in Monster Energy Supercross and the FIM Motocross World Championship. Lucas Oil Pro Motocross enlists USADA for their testing. WADA and the FIM have come under fire for their handling of positive tests in the sport, including most recently the cases of Cade Clason and Broc Tickle—and, most notably, James Stewart."

So who retains USADA for outdoor national testing? MX Sports? Because what's interesting is that USADA is standing "shoulder to shoulder" with Tickle, and they test for outdoors. It's a weird, tangled web.
Sir
11/5/2018 2:19pm
philG wrote:
You have the AMA , and the FIM , so you have a set of rules, that allows the sport to exist on a worldwide basis,where...
You have the AMA , and the FIM , so you have a set of rules, that allows the sport to exist on a worldwide basis,where there is a global set of rules. Otherwise you just end up with a sport that exists only in your country , see NASCAR, Baseball, NFL, Mud bog racing etc etc..

An excerpt taken from https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/11/article/world-enduro-defection/

In December of 2017, the all-new World Enduro Super Series (WESS) was announced. A newly formed organization out of Austria announced it was stringing together a group of the popular events to form a new world championship—a mix of extreme races, classic enduro, cross-country and even a beach race. Despite not carrying a sanction from the FIM, WESS boldly positioned the eight-round contest as “a premium off-road championship” that will “bring together the world’s best and most visible events and will annually crown the ultimate enduro champion.”

“We’re not reinventing the wheel,” stated WESS Managing Director Philipp Stossier in the company’s first press release. “We’re bringing together well-established enduro competitions, run the way they’ve always been run, onto a larger communication platform to ensure enduro sport receives the focused, global exposure it deserves.”

So it would seem that there is NO need for FIM recognition to have a world championship but instead have enough backing from a powerhouse or two and you can compete against the FIM championship and in turn have you own rules for competitors to adhere to.
Falcon
Fantasy
765th
11/5/2018 2:38pm Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 2:39pm
philG wrote:
You have the AMA , and the FIM , so you have a set of rules, that allows the sport to exist on a worldwide basis,where...

Sir wrote:
An excerpt taken from [url=https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/11/article/world-enduro-defection/]https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/11/article/world-enduro-defection/[/url] [b]In December of 2017, the all-new World Enduro Super Series (WESS) was announced. A newly formed organization out of Austria announced...
An excerpt taken from https://www.cyclenews.com/2018/11/article/world-enduro-defection/

In December of 2017, the all-new World Enduro Super Series (WESS) was announced. A newly formed organization out of Austria announced it was stringing together a group of the popular events to form a new world championship—a mix of extreme races, classic enduro, cross-country and even a beach race. Despite not carrying a sanction from the FIM, WESS boldly positioned the eight-round contest as “a premium off-road championship” that will “bring together the world’s best and most visible events and will annually crown the ultimate enduro champion.”

“We’re not reinventing the wheel,” stated WESS Managing Director Philipp Stossier in the company’s first press release. “We’re bringing together well-established enduro competitions, run the way they’ve always been run, onto a larger communication platform to ensure enduro sport receives the focused, global exposure it deserves.”

So it would seem that there is NO need for FIM recognition to have a world championship but instead have enough backing from a powerhouse or two and you can compete against the FIM championship and in turn have you own rules for competitors to adhere to.
...Right.
As long as any such series gets enough buy-in from fans, riders and factories.
It used to be that you needed an AMA or FIM sanction to be considered legit. In today's short-attention-span, "one-off" race environment (RBSR, MEC, Red Bull Rampage (Mountain Bike) to name a few,) I can imagine it being less and less important. Someday maybe there will be several shorter "outlaw" series that are more important to the industry and the fans than the traditional AMA or FIM "seasons."
VRR7
11/5/2018 4:55pm
IMO - WADA are filled with self importance. The effect or unintended consequence of their actions is that because they put such a high value on themselves and their penalties they are actually saying to the world at large that DRUGS are a huge thing ! Which makes everyone want to take DRUGS more than not see them as desirable anyway. A real paradox!!! They are making and marketing PED's - Have you heard there is no such thing as bad advertising !

In Australia they ran a anti Cocaine program to reduce the use of cocaine in the advertising industry. The effect was their was a spike in cocaine use. It made people think more about using cocaine than would be if they had remained silent.

WADA needs to be taken down a peg or 77 ! They should not have the power to ban an athlete for life ! That is open to abuse of power. They should only be able to influence one event at a time same as other form of control. Like engine rulings etc. Example if they find an Athlete cheated in an event then that event get penalized ! Full stop. They have to derive tests that the results are quick. It should also be for example they can only test under protest ! So a competitor can protest another rider and then they can send the test away and result can be pending that.

Their all powerful do whatever we wish situation is bad for everyone not to mention my main point is their focus on how important anti drugs and severe the penalties are means that drugs must be very very very good is actually a bad message to be broadcasting!

Like my friend joked to a cycle shop assistant - "Where are the drugs Lance took that is what I want !"
gantry25
11/5/2018 6:02pm
mxb2 wrote:
I don`t dispute that he eff`d up, but there should be a due process involved and not just leave the riders hanging. I`m all for punishment...
mxb2 wrote:
Cant compare big $$ sports to mx,sx. One weekend in the nfl would pay for a full year if sx,mx. And i would think tickle would...
Cant compare big $$ sports to mx,sx. One weekend in the nfl would pay for a full year if sx,mx. And i would think tickle would have learned from clason, stewart incidents .He saw how long that took ,rolled the dice. Got popped. Live and learn.
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent organization that is destroying your ability to make a living.

No reason why the penalties for the offense's could not have been determined and relayed to the affected athletes within a couple weeks. No reason whatsoever.
11/5/2018 7:32pm
What they could do is suspend the riders ability to earn points but still allow them to race. If popped again, then you can not allow them to race.

Our sport is different. You can’t keep these guys outta racing for 18 months. That’s 15-20% of most racers careers.
mxb2
11/5/2018 8:23pm
mxb2 wrote:
Cant compare big $$ sports to mx,sx. One weekend in the nfl would pay for a full year if sx,mx. And i would think tickle would...
gantry25 wrote:
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent...
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent organization that is destroying your ability to make a living.

No reason why the penalties for the offense's could not have been determined and relayed to the affected athletes within a couple weeks. No reason whatsoever.
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has nothing to do with anything. Use common sense. Yea but lets blame the system because he got caught and has to wait. How many other riders got popped or what riders are complaining? Old saying goes, dont like the rules, play another game. Seems like most others have no problem passing tests, and arent against the rules and guidelines.
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
11/5/2018 9:47pm
mxbrian15 wrote:
Well yeah.
Johnny Depp
11/5/2018 10:23pm Edited Date/Time 11/5/2018 10:25pm
mxb2 wrote:
gantry25 wrote:
Wow, your obviously a no nonsense tough guy........as long as it's not you in the cross hair's of a corrupt or at the very least incompetent...

mxb2 wrote:
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has...
No, no at all. If if had all the sponsors and $$ to lose before i put something in my system. Being a tough guy has nothing to do with anything. Use common sense. Yea but lets blame the system because he got caught and has to wait. How many other riders got popped or what riders are complaining? Old saying goes, dont like the rules, play another game. Seems like most others have no problem passing tests, and arent against the rules and guidelines.
Seems like they retire awful early these days.

I say give any top 20 rider 6 months with a trainer, a factory ride, and all the peds you want, and see if anyone can take a top 20 rider and make them a top 5 rider. It's not likely to happen.

Now take at top 10 rider and give them the same thing, yeah.

Post a reply to: WADA declared "unfit for purpose" by 17 anti-doping agencies

The Latest