WADA declared "unfit for purpose" by 17 anti-doping agencies

NorCal 50+
10/31/2018 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 11/6/2018 5:58pm

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/oct/29/wada-unfit-for-purpose-cl…

Athletes have told the World Anti-Doping Agency that public confidence in the organisation is at an all‑time low, in a move supported by 17 national anti-doping agencies which are calling for widespread reform.

The British gold medal-winning cyclist Callum Skinner has backed a petition, started by the Paralympian powerlifter Ali Jawad, saying athletes were appalled by Wada’s decision to readmit the Russian Anti-Doping Agency last month and criticising Wada’s governance structure as “not fit for purpose”.

Skinner said: “The lack of independence, along with the fact that decisions that impact the livelihoods of clean athletes are made surreptitiously and behind closed doors, are two areas of huge concern to international athletes. This is not how sport should be run in 2018, and it is definitely not how something as important as anti-doping should be run.”

Jawad urged athletes to stand up and be counted. He said: “With Wada increasingly out of step with majority public and athlete opinion, it is now incumbent on the athlete community to drive forward logical, pragmatic and positive solutions to improve Wada and make it fit for purpose in the modern world.”

Seventeen national anti-doping agencies – including the UK and US anti-doping organisations – have promised to stand “shoulder to shoulder” with the athletes.

In a statement, the national anti‑doping agencies wrote: “While others may not be listening to your concerns and your solutions for how to improve Wada governance, we wish to make it clear that we, the anti-doping leaders, do. We stand united with you. We hear and share your concerns, and we stand with you every step of the way to strive to transform Wada so that it respects your rights and makes decisions in the interests of clean sport.”

The leaders also called for Wada to commission a thorough and transparent investigation into allegations of bullying of the Canadian cross-country skier Beckie Scott at the Wada meeting last month. “We must continue to work to overhaul Wada governance, and restore its credibility with athletes and the public,” they said.
|
Johnny Depp
10/31/2018 4:04pm
And the pieces of the puzzle come together...

Maybe they are the low bidder and just suck?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/31/2018 4:12pm
Wow.

The Shop

Travis707
10/31/2018 4:28pm
Can Tickle file a lawsuit against WADA based upon this?

colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
10/31/2018 4:30pm
Travis707 wrote:

He can file a lawsuit because he doesnt like their name. Doesnt mean he'll win
Travis707
10/31/2018 4:48pm
Travis707 wrote:

colintrax wrote:
He can file a lawsuit because he doesnt like their name. Doesnt mean he'll win
LOL, yeah.

But what I meant was, did he sign anything saying he can't sue them.

KirkChandler
Fantasy
357th
10/31/2018 4:57pm
Watch the Netflix documentary Icarus and it goes into the corruption and ineptitude of the WADA program and how some of the same people that are in charge of the drug tests are also the ones creating the doping programs for the athletes.

The director of Icarus was also on the Joe Rogan podcast last year and went into more detail on the Russian Doping Scandal and how he ended up in the middle of the fallout on accident, (because the Russian Doctor was helping him dope for the documentary and they became friends). He ended up helping bring to light the corruption and how they altered the samples at the Russian olympics in Sochi.
Patrick461
10/31/2018 5:11pm
Watch the Netflix documentary Icarus and it goes into the corruption and ineptitude of the WADA program and how some of the same people that are...
Watch the Netflix documentary Icarus and it goes into the corruption and ineptitude of the WADA program and how some of the same people that are in charge of the drug tests are also the ones creating the doping programs for the athletes.

The director of Icarus was also on the Joe Rogan podcast last year and went into more detail on the Russian Doping Scandal and how he ended up in the middle of the fallout on accident, (because the Russian Doctor was helping him dope for the documentary and they became friends). He ended up helping bring to light the corruption and how they altered the samples at the Russian olympics in Sochi.
The AMA changed the rules that made 2 strokes obsolete effectively killing the sport. In Houston there was a local series called STC in the early 2000's that had 500 entries. Now that new bikes are 10k local races are 65 to 100 rider turn outs. Im blessed enough to be able to own a bike but no one I used to ride and race with can afford to anymore. Thank you AMA and thank you for letting the just as corrupt FIM sanction and drug test riders who have had thier careers ruined Stewart, and now Tickle and another young privateer cant think of his name by imposing 18 month suspensions for a failed test. How about a 2 race suspension and a fine? No that would be rational, we cannot have rationality when you are dealing with the AMA and FIM WADA. I throw away my letters from the AMA to renew my membership. Didnt the former president of the AMA do some jail time for embezzlement? Courrupt top to bottom
YAMATHUMP1
10/31/2018 5:30pm
Watch the Netflix documentary Icarus and it goes into the corruption and ineptitude of the WADA program and how some of the same people that are...

This was an excellent documentary, really shows just how deep doping is embedded in many sports. It is crazy to think of what happened in Sochi was government sponsored, WOW! Another Rogan podcast with Victor Conti (Balco fame) really sheds light on how the doping works in different sports and how it is hidden. Doping is just an IQ test for a lot of these doctors. If your performance can increase your pay, rest assured someone will figure out how to cheat.
kage173
10/31/2018 6:13pm
Now this is interesting. Kind of wondered if it was just the moto community whining but I guess other sports see the same issue.
harescrambled
Fantasy
1864th
10/31/2018 6:16pm
Fuck "unfit for purpose".....either you folllow the rules or you cheat.....which is it bitches?
tprice07
10/31/2018 6:23pm
Fuck "unfit for purpose".....either you folllow the rules or you cheat.....which is it bitches?
Not everything in life is that cut and dry.

To me putting the offense aside, their lack of communication or process is the real issue.

Someone breaks the rules, that’s on them, but there is no excuse to leave them hanging without any information.
mx317
10/31/2018 6:37pm
Patrick461 wrote:
The AMA changed the rules that made 2 strokes obsolete effectively killing the sport. In Houston there was a local series called STC in the early...
The AMA changed the rules that made 2 strokes obsolete effectively killing the sport. In Houston there was a local series called STC in the early 2000's that had 500 entries. Now that new bikes are 10k local races are 65 to 100 rider turn outs. Im blessed enough to be able to own a bike but no one I used to ride and race with can afford to anymore. Thank you AMA and thank you for letting the just as corrupt FIM sanction and drug test riders who have had thier careers ruined Stewart, and now Tickle and another young privateer cant think of his name by imposing 18 month suspensions for a failed test. How about a 2 race suspension and a fine? No that would be rational, we cannot have rationality when you are dealing with the AMA and FIM WADA. I throw away my letters from the AMA to renew my membership. Didnt the former president of the AMA do some jail time for embezzlement? Courrupt top to bottom
You can still buy 125 and 250 2-stroke motocross bikes. 250 2-strokes and 4-strokes are allowed to run together in all of the AMA races except the Pros, so there is no rule there that affects your series. Don't buy your logic.
mxb2
10/31/2018 6:42pm
tprice07 wrote:
Not everything in life is that cut and dry. To me putting the offense aside, their lack of communication or process is the real issue. Someone...

To me putting the offense aside, their lack of communication or process is the real issue.

Someone breaks the rules, that’s on them, but there is no excuse to leave them hanging without any information.
Or Tickle could have learned from the stewart, clason incidents. Knowing how long it took them to get. a response. Tickle made his decision to roll the dice. Oh well, now he will pay for it. Not sure how many incidents needs to happen before they learn.
Moto96
10/31/2018 6:50pm
The UFC, Dana White, and Joe rogan brought in Wada becasue they could see the rampant cheating.

Also, be glad moto isnt governed by your states athletic commissions, because their penalties are FAR stiffer, Both Time and Money Penalties...........and are ON TOP of Wadas. Nick Diaz got 5 Years for weed, later reduced.

Also, they can take your license away, not just keep you from competing for a while
Jones Has License Revoked And Is Fined $205,000 By CSAC For Failed Drug Test

Further, The UFC just made a deal with the NSAC and WADA to NOT disclose when a Fighter pops Dirty.

The athlete is informed, however there is no PR, no info, nothing. Unless the athlete leaks it. So basically the deal is, these guys will just disappear with "an injury", family probs, or other crap and are out for X amount of time.

There are already fighers dropping fights for last minute injuries, (Dustin Poiriers seems suspect) ruining the Diaz fight for an "Undisclosed Injury" Later it came out it was a hip injury requiring surgery.

Miraculously, a 2nd doctor said you dont need shit...........but the fight card had already been cancelled and refilled.

Nate Diaz must know Tony Alessi.

https://youtu.be/WK6s-_cTDgQ

newmann
10/31/2018 6:54pm
Patrick461 wrote:
The AMA changed the rules that made 2 strokes obsolete effectively killing the sport. In Houston there was a local series called STC in the early...
mx317 wrote:
You can still buy 125 and 250 2-stroke motocross bikes. 250 2-strokes and 4-strokes are allowed to run together in all of the AMA races except...
You can still buy 125 and 250 2-stroke motocross bikes. 250 2-strokes and 4-strokes are allowed to run together in all of the AMA races except the Pros, so there is no rule there that affects your series. Don't buy your logic.
His logic is only partially flawed. Racing has taken a nosedive because everyone wants a new bike and they've gotten pretty expensive and in many cases, more expensive to maintain.

You can still buy a leftover year model for a lot less than a current year and a good used older 2 stroke for around 2-3 grand. You can still keep it reasonable if you really want but most people think they have to have shiny and new. The sign up sheets reflect that.

The AMA and the powers that be did effectively kill off the 125 class. I called it from the beginning, Mitch Payton called it unfortunate and well known pit reporter on the SX broadcast at the time said "we will have to see how this double displacement plays out".

He's also pretty close on the crooks and thieves of the AMA squandering membership funds on frivolous unwinnable pissing match lawsuits and embezzlement. People there went to prison.

Moto96
10/31/2018 6:57pm
tprice07 wrote:
Not everything in life is that cut and dry. To me putting the offense aside, their lack of communication or process is the real issue. Someone...

you do realize they get plenty of information, and sentences have been reduced after the fact.

Tickle isnt even going on a year yet. His time frame for finding out a penalty should be around November, as that would be about the same as MMA
10/31/2018 7:07pm
Moto96 wrote:
you do realize they get plenty of information, and sentences have been reduced after the fact. Tickle isnt even going on a year yet. His time...
you do realize they get plenty of information, and sentences have been reduced after the fact.

Tickle isnt even going on a year yet. His time frame for finding out a penalty should be around November, as that would be about the same as MMA
How do you explain Cade Clason's deal? It's nearly a year and a half later and as far as I know he hasn't heard jack shit about it. To me this article pretty much confirms that WADA is incompetent to do their jobs and provide the services people pay them for properly, and clearly isn't just dropping the ball when it comes to this little sport.
Moto96
10/31/2018 7:16pm
Moto96 wrote:
you do realize they get plenty of information, and sentences have been reduced after the fact. Tickle isnt even going on a year yet. His time...

How do you explain Cade Clason's deal? It's nearly a year and a half later and as far as I know he hasn't heard jack shit...
How do you explain Cade Clason's deal? It's nearly a year and a half later and as far as I know he hasn't heard jack shit about it. To me this article pretty much confirms that WADA is incompetent to do their jobs and provide the services people pay them for properly, and clearly isn't just dropping the ball when it comes to this little sport.
Did you listen to his podcast? Holy crap is that guy clueless.
He basically took a shit on the rules. No wonder he got popped.

And I'm sure theres been plenty of communication, but you know, if he wasn't using banned shit, there wouldn't be a problem.

So not using is always an option. Or roll the dice like he did.

mxb2
10/31/2018 7:17pm
Moto96 wrote:

How do you explain Cade Clason's deal? It's nearly a year and a half later and as far as I know he hasn't heard jack shit...
Didnt he continue to race?
bf884
10/31/2018 7:26pm
GuyB wrote:
Wow.
Please take care of this guy “Screw your optics”
colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
10/31/2018 7:29pm
Do we not have a report button? Dude needs his IP address blocked.
mx317
10/31/2018 7:29pm
newmann wrote:
His logic is only partially flawed. Racing has taken a nosedive because everyone wants a new bike and they've gotten pretty expensive and in many cases...
His logic is only partially flawed. Racing has taken a nosedive because everyone wants a new bike and they've gotten pretty expensive and in many cases, more expensive to maintain.

You can still buy a leftover year model for a lot less than a current year and a good used older 2 stroke for around 2-3 grand. You can still keep it reasonable if you really want but most people think they have to have shiny and new. The sign up sheets reflect that.

The AMA and the powers that be did effectively kill off the 125 class. I called it from the beginning, Mitch Payton called it unfortunate and well known pit reporter on the SX broadcast at the time said "we will have to see how this double displacement plays out".

He's also pretty close on the crooks and thieves of the AMA squandering membership funds on frivolous unwinnable pissing match lawsuits and embezzlement. People there went to prison.

Yep, I remember some getting into hot water. Some road racing drama with Roper and Team obsolete comes to mind. I do miss a pure 125 class and not just Schoolboy only.
bf884
10/31/2018 7:37pm
Guess you couldn’t come up with your own phrase.
Piece of shit.

colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
10/31/2018 7:40pm
bf884 wrote:
Guess you couldn’t come up with your own phrase. Piece of shit. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2018/10/31/299534/s1200_816AB877_5E41_4A24_8971_4F118FA83BD2.jpg[/img]
Guess you couldn’t come up with your own phrase.
Piece of shit.

It makes sense now. That's scooter.
10/31/2018 7:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/31/2018 7:49pm
mxb2 wrote:
He raced up here in Canada in a series that WADA or the FIM have absolutely no involvement in (I believe that may change, though) and for them to try and hold that against him seems extremely petty to me.

I understand rules are rules and it's completely his fault that he's in this situation but in my opinion it's BS that WADA can get away with hardly communicating, it's not like this is specific to Cade's case.
NorCal 50+
10/31/2018 7:51pm
And another valid topic splinters into idiocy...

Like someone said, railing on WADA is something I thought was kind of random. But here is an organized effort to take them on, so apparently this is a larger issue with many athletes and sports. That said, we know doping has gone on in the highest levels of motocross, supported by some of its biggest sponsors (*cough, follow the Lance trail to moto*).
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/31/2018 7:55pm
tprice07 wrote:

Moto96 wrote:

Give people enough rope, they usually show their hand.
mxb2
10/31/2018 8:00pm
mxb2 wrote:
He raced up here in Canada in a series that WADA or the FIM have absolutely no involvement in (I believe that may change, though) and...
He raced up here in Canada in a series that WADA or the FIM have absolutely no involvement in (I believe that may change, though) and for them to try and hold that against him seems extremely petty to me.

I understand rules are rules and it's completely his fault that he's in this situation but in my opinion it's BS that WADA can get away with hardly communicating, it's not like this is specific to Cade's case.
Who knows what communication was had?. At the end of the day its on Tickle. He should have considered the length of time the other cases took. He rolled the dice, knew the rules. If he didnt know or care, shame on him. Plenty riders out there that havent been suspended.

Post a reply to: WADA declared "unfit for purpose" by 17 anti-doping agencies

The Latest