W.T.B. 05 KX 250t P/C suspension link

BB67
Edited Date/Time 12/29/2014 2:04pm
looking for the above new or used also used RG3 21.5 clamps in good shape. everyone is sold out on the pro circuit link. BTO had 3 in stock about a month ago but after i bought the bike they were gone. pro circuit says they are making more and expect to be ready to ship by the end of Jan. so if i cant find one used ill pick one up then.
|
.kyle
12/29/2014 11:48am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2014 11:48am
CGH Imports (PC importers for the UK) have the suspension link - at least their site shows them as available. Dunno if that's of any use with it being outside of USA.
BB67
12/29/2014 11:54am
thanks, ill ck it out and see if its worth the shipping and such.
Premix
12/29/2014 12:12pm
Applied makes the 21.5 offset clamps still. Bought a set through BTO recently.
Bruce372
12/29/2014 12:20pm
if you know a machinist, have the shock shortened by 2.5mm. Its really easy to do, just mount up the shock piston base plate in a lathe and recess by 2.5mm.

A while back, Enzo even sold Ti KYB base plate with the recess already done.

What this does, it lowers the rear of the bike by 10mm, and brings the shock into the stiffer part of the stroke. You can raise the fork tubes in the clamps to even out the geometry.

Of course, it wont have the bling factor, but I remember learning this mod 10 years ago when an old friend was doing the suspension on a certain 2005 kx250 with the #259.

I had a friend with this bike, and at the pro level, he had all sorts of issues- snapped kick starters and detonation with regular gas.

Also, he actually snapped the cylinder base studs when over jumping the old Larrocos leap at Glen Helen.Shocked

The Shop

BB67
12/29/2014 1:09pm
the applied clamps are much closer to my budget. i must have been looking at the applied rs clamps that are only avail for the "F" when i cked BTO. it does not say the offset is 21.5 so i will email then to make sure they are not just bling replacements. were you able to press out your stk stem and reuse it in the applied lower??also do the stk rubber mounts work with there clamps or do i need to order there brand?
Premix
12/29/2014 1:17pm
BB67 wrote:
the applied clamps are much closer to my budget. i must have been looking at the applied rs clamps that are only avail for the "F"...
the applied clamps are much closer to my budget. i must have been looking at the applied rs clamps that are only avail for the "F" when i cked BTO. it does not say the offset is 21.5 so i will email then to make sure they are not just bling replacements. were you able to press out your stk stem and reuse it in the applied lower??also do the stk rubber mounts work with there clamps or do i need to order there brand?
Call them and give them applieds part #. They can order that offset for you even though its not listed on the website. I dealt with a Jerry when I ordered mine. Bto is my go to for online shopping.

Stem pressed right out and into the new clamps. I went solid mounts on mine, not a rubber mount fan.

BB67
12/29/2014 1:21pm
bruce,yes i do know someone that can machine the shock piston base.good info thanks,bruce b67
Premix
12/29/2014 1:24pm
Bruce372 wrote:
if you know a machinist, have the shock shortened by 2.5mm. Its really easy to do, just mount up the shock piston base plate in a...
if you know a machinist, have the shock shortened by 2.5mm. Its really easy to do, just mount up the shock piston base plate in a lathe and recess by 2.5mm.

What this does, it lowers the rear of the bike by 10mm, and brings the shock into the stiffer part of the stroke. You can raise the fork tubes in the clamps to even out the geometry.

Of course, it wont have the bling factor, but I remember learning this mod 10 years ago when an old friend was doing the suspension on a certain 2005 kx250 with the #259.

I had a friend with this bike, and at the pro level, he had all sorts of issues- snapped kick starters and detonation with regular gas.

Also, he actually snapped the cylinder base studs when over jumping the old Larrocos leap at Glen Helen.Shocked
Larocco's leap got moved to Glen Helen?

BB67
12/29/2014 1:29pm
nice,are the bridged upper bar clamp a upgrade because they are showing the individuals like stk in the non rs clamps.i have the renthal 1 1/8 bar clamps now.either way its still much cheaper than the RG3s.
Bruce372
12/29/2014 2:04pm
Bruce372 wrote:
if you know a machinist, have the shock shortened by 2.5mm. Its really easy to do, just mount up the shock piston base plate in a...

Premix wrote:
Larocco's leap got moved to Glen Helen?

around 10 years ago, there used to be a table massive jump there and people called it Larrocos leap. Having ridden both tracks, i can remember that jump was just as big as the one at Red Bud, but this one wasnt out of a corner, so a lot of guys were hitting it 4th pinned.

Post a reply to: W.T.B. 05 KX 250t P/C suspension link

The Latest