Vurbmoto: Ken Roczen tells how family life has effected him.

davistld01
Edited Date/Time 5/2/2021 8:04am
|
DJB
4/28/2021 10:42am
The effect this video had on me affected my belief that KR is a winner in life.
4/28/2021 11:17am
For a man whose family is obviously so important to him it becomes easy to see why he is no longer willing to push outside of his comfort zone, especially considering the scares he's had. To me, it's impressive that he's been able to do what he has in the last few seasons without pushing harder than he wants to. That is a high comfort level!!
kijen
4/28/2021 11:57am
Not sure how getting great starts and getting out to 10 second leads, and crashing because you are trying to win, is not considered pushing your self. If it was bubba these last 2 races, it would have been called "checkers or wreckers".

mxracer816
Fantasy
2864th
4/28/2021 12:02pm
Should it be effected or affected? Bothered the crap out of me so I looked it up, now I'm even more confused! Lol! Great video though 👍

The Shop

Xeno
4/28/2021 12:57pm
In this instance it sould be "affected", but we get the idea.
4/28/2021 1:01pm
mxracer816 wrote:
Should it be effected or affected? Bothered the crap out of me so I looked it up, now I'm even more confused! Lol! Great video though...
Should it be effected or affected? Bothered the crap out of me so I looked it up, now I'm even more confused! Lol! Great video though 👍
Affected.
S.O.S.
Fantasy
2241st
4/28/2021 7:55pm
mxracer816 wrote:
Should it be effected or affected? Bothered the crap out of me so I looked it up, now I'm even more confused! Lol! Great video though...
Generally, if you can put “the” in front of it, it’s effect. Otherwise, it’s affect. “The effects of the wind...” or “the wind affected...”. Why did it take 30+ years to learn this rule? Make it make sense!
hubbardmx50
4/28/2021 8:12pm
The effects of that video has affected me in an affectionate way
H4L
4/28/2021 8:27pm
The dude has already won in life. That vid is priceless..
kiwifan
4/28/2021 9:44pm
kijen wrote:
Not sure how getting great starts and getting out to 10 second leads, and crashing because you are trying to win, is not considered pushing your...
Not sure how getting great starts and getting out to 10 second leads, and crashing because you are trying to win, is not considered pushing your self. If it was bubba these last 2 races, it would have been called "checkers or wreckers".

Can’t you just be happy for the guy? Ffs
ZOBITO
4/28/2021 10:16pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2021 10:45pm
Rarely have I seen something this booooooooooring.
Meanwhile, Webb is kicking his ass, but it's no big deal, because at the end of the day he's "still a winner" having such a great family life.
What a load of bullcrap.
plano67
4/28/2021 10:26pm
ZOBITO wrote:
Rarely have I seen something this booooooooooring. Meanwhile, Webb is kicking his ass, but it's no big deal, because at the end of the day he's...
Meanwhile, Webb is kicking his ass, but it's no big deal, because at the end of the day he's "still a winner" having such a great family life.
What a load of bullcrap.
Roczen will have Webb covered during the outdoors.
4/28/2021 10:31pm
plano67 wrote:
Will Roczen even race outdoors? You just know he's trying to find an excuse to skip them again.
Mavetism
4/28/2021 10:37pm
ZOBITO wrote:
Rarely have I seen something this booooooooooring. Meanwhile, Webb is kicking his ass, but it's no big deal, because at the end of the day he's...
What a load of bullcrap.
Webb is kicking everyone's ass right now. I swear I have not seen that much hate on a second place guy in a long time. He is killing it and he had his best SX season ever this year plus he is the only one making it come down to the last race.
Fans like you are such a shame for the sport.
4/28/2021 10:38pm
H4L wrote:
The dude has already won in life. That vid is priceless..
The soft music gotcha. Weird fact a man can be dead for up to 36 hours and still make a baby. Sure is a lot of talk of when it’s all over, in the vid. His pulling over wide and letting Webb pass, says it all.
ZOBITO
4/28/2021 10:50pm
ZOBITO wrote:
What a load of bullcrap.
Mavetism wrote:
Webb is kicking everyone's ass right now. I swear I have not seen that much hate on a second place guy in a long time. He...
Webb is kicking everyone's ass right now. I swear I have not seen that much hate on a second place guy in a long time. He is killing it and he had his best SX season ever this year plus he is the only one making it come down to the last race.
This pathetic video attempt of diversion is a shame to the sport.
I'm really happy to know that changing diapers relaxes Ken from the pressure of a day at the races.
Motofinne
4/28/2021 11:03pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2021 11:04pm
ZOBITO wrote:
What a load of bullcrap.
Mavetism wrote:
Webb is kicking everyone's ass right now. I swear I have not seen that much hate on a second place guy in a long time. He...
The "hate" (more like criticism) is coming from people and fans being frustrated that Kenny was in an amazing situation to win his first ever 450 SX title but bottled it, rolled out the red carpet to his main rival in multiple 1 v 1 battles and on top of that just seems to be ok with it.

Even Matthes mentioned in the latest RacerX race review podcast that people at HRC/the team have been confused by the way Kenny has responded or acted in this championship battle.

But i see the other side of the argument. I.E, it's amazing that he's able to race on this level after the injuries. But it doesn't have to be black or white, there is a middleground.
Mavetism
4/28/2021 11:37pm Edited Date/Time 4/28/2021 11:46pm
ZOBITO wrote:
What a load of bullcrap.
Mavetism wrote:
Motofinne wrote:
The "hate" (more like criticism) is coming from people and fans being frustrated that Kenny was in an amazing situation to win his first ever 450...
The "hate" (more like criticism) is coming from people and fans being frustrated that Kenny was in an amazing situation to win his first ever 450 SX title but bottled it, rolled out the red carpet to his main rival in multiple 1 v 1 battles and on top of that just seems to be ok with it.

Even Matthes mentioned in the latest RacerX race review podcast that people at HRC/the team have been confused by the way Kenny has responded or acted in this championship battle.

But i see the other side of the argument. I.E, it's amazing that he's able to race on this level after the injuries. But it doesn't have to be black or white, there is a middleground.
I agree with everything pretty much. I am a die hard fan for Ken since I saw him live dominating the ADAC MX Youngster Cup and Masters while being 5 years younger than everyone else.

I also get frustrated after watching him getting beat by Webb specially in the last laps. I do think it's a mental issue since he got into Webb in 2018 at San Diego. Since then he just cannot pass anymore, at least not on tight tracks. Just think about the pictures in his head whenever Webb passes him.

I don't think Webb "wants it more". I think Webb is just the better SX racer right now and I don't see anyone beating him in the next couple of years if he stays healthy.
Would it help if Ken eliminates all those little mistakes and weird 9th place rides? Yes of course. But imagine being one of those people reaching out on forums and on his Instagram saying that he is just a choker and that he should rather consider retirement.

I hope he doesn't skip outdoors this year. I wanna see him getting some revenge.
IanMac138
4/29/2021 12:15am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2021 12:16am
Ken has already won in life. One of the fastest, most gifted riders to ever ride a dirt bike, traveled the world, multiple championships, had two catastrophic injuries that would have most keyboard warriors quit the sport, found a woman he loves, has made millions and now has a son that means the world to him. He's won. 450 SX title or not. How can anyone talk shit on this guy? He'd smoke every single hater on Vital without even trying. He won.
kiwifan
4/29/2021 2:25am
ZOBITO wrote:
What a load of bullcrap.
This is the bad side to vital forum, it seems if you don’t like rider or is a “disappointed fan” then it’s ok to be a real nasty asshole about that rider.
Rad76
4/29/2021 3:02am
So Kenny loves his wife and kid? Good for him, that's a good thing. But not sure it really needed a six minutes video.
gharmon
4/29/2021 3:51am
mxracer816 wrote:
S.O.S. wrote:
Generally, if you can put “the” in front of it, it’s effect. Otherwise, it’s affect. “The effects of the wind...” or “the wind affected...”. Why did...
Generally, if you can put “the” in front of it, it’s effect. Otherwise, it’s affect. “The effects of the wind...” or “the wind affected...”. Why did it take 30+ years to learn this rule? Make it make sense!
Thanks bud. I have struggled with these two my entire life which has affected me for 50 years now
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
4/29/2021 4:06am
Bottom line is is paid huge money to fight for race wins and to win championships and was one of the very few riders capable of doing it. If his priorities have changed that's OK too but Honda may want to start looking for the next rider who may be able to win the SX title.
4/29/2021 4:15am
ZOBITO wrote:
What a load of bullcrap.
plano67 wrote:
Oh yeah, Roczen has absolutely dominated outdoors last year. Oh wait...
RaceFan
4/29/2021 4:25am Edited Date/Time 4/29/2021 4:58am
lostboy819 wrote:
Bottom line is is paid huge money to fight for race wins and to win championships and was one of the very few riders capable of...
Bottom line is is paid huge money to fight for race wins and to win championships and was one of the very few riders capable of doing it. If his priorities have changed that's OK too but Honda may want to start looking for the next rider who may be able to win the SX title.
Besides the other 3 potential champs they already have?

Sports fans have always been fickle they just never had platforms outside of their social circles to bitch in. Living their dreams vicariously through athletes and wanting more because their outside view seems clearer when it is really dim.

Second in the championship and only 22 points off but somehow he is done even if he has beaten the odds and all but one rider?
wreckitrandy
4/29/2021 4:29am
kijen wrote:
Not sure how getting great starts and getting out to 10 second leads, and crashing because you are trying to win, is not considered pushing your...

If it had been James crashing in the whoops, it would have looked a lot different. Like, add 30 mph and for real bent bars.
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
4/29/2021 4:47am
Oh yeah, Roczen has absolutely dominated outdoors last year. Oh wait...
God people on here have memories like goldfish and about as much empathy.

Lime gate led to shingles, then he had the lung infection, then had a kid during the height of the worst pandemic since the Spanish Flu. On top of that he had other health issues holding him back. taking the outdoors off was an easy decision and the best one for his career.

It’s amazing how a screen and a keyboard can turn people into such fucking assholes.

Post a reply to: Vurbmoto: Ken Roczen tells how family life has effected him.

The Latest