Vurbmoto - BT/Shorty Crash

BlueThumper
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:04am
Another great video from the guys at Vurbmoto. Best angle of the BT101 take out I've seen.

|
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
10/4/2010 8:30pm
"That's the way BT rides right there". What a piece of shit. Didn't know he was that type of rider. You can clearly see from that angle that he came in and shoved Short out of the turn.
Ddavis
10/4/2010 8:35pm
iudi2006 wrote:
"That's the way BT rides right there". What a piece of shit. Didn't know he was that type of rider. You can clearly see from that...
"That's the way BT rides right there". What a piece of shit. Didn't know he was that type of rider. You can clearly see from that angle that he came in and shoved Short out of the turn.
I think Ben Townley was referring to his moto win, not the takeout.

I don't think it was dirty, but it was aggresive. It happened, its over, lets move on.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/4/2010 8:36pm
iudi2006 wrote:
"That's the way BT rides right there". What a piece of shit. Didn't know he was that type of rider. You can clearly see from that...
i am pretty sure he was talking about wining the moto, not the take out, creative editing,

i think the back angle that came out last week shows it better,

i clearly see him square the corner up, get the pass half completed and take the track because the basic rule in motocross is whoever has there wheel in front has the corner,

The Shop

TheWeapon
Fantasy
68th
10/4/2010 8:56pm
Ddavis wrote:
I think Ben Townley was referring to his moto win, not the takeout. I don't think it was dirty, but it was aggresive. It happened, its...

I don't think it was dirty, but it was aggresive. It happened, its over, lets move on.
Nothing in it. I can't believe people here are still crying about it......
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
10/4/2010 8:58pm Edited Date/Time 10/4/2010 9:05pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:
I think Ben Townley was referring to his moto win, not the takeout. I don't think it was dirty, but it was aggresive. It happened, its...

Your right. I don't know i just get carried away sometimes just thinking of how that move couldve ended it for us.
kongols
10/4/2010 9:01pm
Short clearly screwed up. Townley was a wheel in front of him .
DiIullo
10/4/2010 9:03pm
100% legit. the day it aint, will be a sad day in the sport......
Tbill
10/4/2010 9:53pm
Cool vid, thanks!
Motodave15
10/4/2010 10:06pm
that hit in my book is just a racing incident..and im from the usa
adamdf
10/4/2010 10:11pm
iudi2006 wrote:
Ddavis wrote:

Well said Davis, in that video it didn't look horrible to me...its racing, BT is a good rider all around, even the best have their moments, i'm still a big fan, don't see a reason for anyone not to be....
Hank_Thrill
10/4/2010 10:17pm
I think some people on here care about that incident way more than even Andrew Short.

I doubt Andrew cares much. He has a Des Nation champion trophy, now.
Hank_Thrill
10/4/2010 10:18pm
Also, that video really showed how massive that quad was in a few clips. HOLY WOW!
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/4/2010 11:27pm
iudi2006 wrote:
iudi2006...time for some mellow pills. While no one wants to see anyone get hurt, it is racing.
RMZ819
10/5/2010 3:22am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 3:23am
nothing wrong with that pass. The inside was open!!

Short has made a living riding like that.
cason402
10/5/2010 5:40am
From that angle, definitely just a racing incident.

However, I have to say that Townley rides without much brains for the first laps of a race and this thing is just one more bit of proof of that, from a long season of early race crashs and mistakes.

I'm certainly not the kind of guy Townley needs to take advice from, but if he'd take a look at the National Champion and how relaxed, cautious and purposeful he rides the first few laps he might improve the old results column.

and a last note, contact in racing seems legit to me if you've worked a guy for a lap and showed him a wheel or two, then yeah block pass or rubbing your way past sure, but just outta the blue first attempt, just not cool. unless you have a bad start or it's the last lap or it's your main rival or some guy you just don't like or pissed off at the world that day or.....

my 2 centavos
mxrider225
Fantasy
2876th
10/5/2010 5:57am
I also saw a little of canards second moto crash too. That video is pretty epic.
DanDunes818
10/5/2010 6:14am
Those guys over at vurb sure know how to capture the essence of a race like the MXdN. It's amazing that they can do it in a 3 min video. I wish it was a 3 hr video though.
Crush
10/5/2010 6:52am
Few things...

1st - Vurb kick ass - Some of the best footage i've seen and I like that they use different music...

2nd - The BT Short thing was fine... Lines coming together, get over it...

3rd - Dungey is a beast right now, it's gonna take a big fight to knock that confidence back down...
10/5/2010 7:27am
How is BT taking out Shorty different than Alessi taking out BT? I thought both were fine, but BT definitely got his panties in a bunch when the shoe was on the other foot.!
10/5/2010 7:27am
Crush wrote:
Few things... 1st - Vurb kick ass - Some of the best footage i've seen and I like that they use different music... 2nd - The...
Few things...

1st - Vurb kick ass - Some of the best footage i've seen and I like that they use different music...

2nd - The BT Short thing was fine... Lines coming together, get over it...

3rd - Dungey is a beast right now, it's gonna take a big fight to knock that confidence back down...
I don't know. Maybe J-Law can give RV a few pointers on how to get under RD's skin!
DL
10/5/2010 8:23am
Very nice video!
Sparkalounger
10/5/2010 8:31am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 8:32am
How is BT taking out Shorty different than Alessi taking out BT? [b]I thought both were fine[/b], but BT definitely got his panties in a bunch...
How is BT taking out Shorty different than Alessi taking out BT? I thought both were fine, but BT definitely got his panties in a bunch when the shoe was on the other foot.!
thats exactly what i thought... the pass / knock down looks VERY similar to the one alessie put on him.
Both coming down a hill into a sweeping left hander and back up a hill.

I also thought both were fine.
downandup
10/5/2010 8:31am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 8:32am
I agree with DL, the videio is excellent!
Hanaa80
10/5/2010 8:47am
How is BT taking out Shorty different than Alessi taking out BT? [b]I thought both were fine[/b], but BT definitely got his panties in a bunch...
thats exactly what i thought... the pass / knock down looks VERY similar to the one alessie put on him. Both coming down a hill into...
thats exactly what i thought... the pass / knock down looks VERY similar to the one alessie put on him.

The difference is Townley won't threaten Shorty with a lawsuit after they discuss about it.
Sparkalounger
10/5/2010 8:52am
thats exactly what i thought... the pass / knock down looks VERY similar to the one alessie put on him. Both coming down a hill into...

Hanaa80 wrote:
The difference is Townley won't threaten Shorty with a lawsuit after they discuss about it.
Because Short didn't act like a cry baby and threaten Townley...
Hanaa80
10/5/2010 8:59am
Because Short didn't act like a cry baby and threaten Townley...
But lot of the fans did.
dr516
10/5/2010 9:16am
That was a racing move plain and simple. If you think it was a bad move go take up badminton.
adamdf
10/5/2010 10:13am
cason402 wrote:
From that angle, definitely just a racing incident. However, I have to say that Townley rides without much brains for the first laps of a race...
From that angle, definitely just a racing incident.

However, I have to say that Townley rides without much brains for the first laps of a race and this thing is just one more bit of proof of that, from a long season of early race crashs and mistakes.

I'm certainly not the kind of guy Townley needs to take advice from, but if he'd take a look at the National Champion and how relaxed, cautious and purposeful he rides the first few laps he might improve the old results column.

and a last note, contact in racing seems legit to me if you've worked a guy for a lap and showed him a wheel or two, then yeah block pass or rubbing your way past sure, but just outta the blue first attempt, just not cool. unless you have a bad start or it's the last lap or it's your main rival or some guy you just don't like or pissed off at the world that day or.....

my 2 centavos
Townley is a champion, remember? He knows how to get it done, thats why he has been frustrated all year....if you put things into context, you can see why he is not happy with things, he wants to win real bad and you can't help but respect that...i i dont think he is any different than most champions i know, never settling, and always pushing for more, thats the right attitude in my opinion

Post a reply to: Vurbmoto - BT/Shorty Crash

The Latest