Vurb identity theft

mx965
2/10/2015 6:31pm Edited Date/Time 2/11/2015 4:10pm
|
2/10/2015 6:44pm
cool write up. I agree with the overall point but I think it's a bit opportunistic. Eric Shirk makes the point that riders are facing severe consequences for their actions off the track because they live a "gnarly" life style and want to express themselves...then offers Vurb as a place to express themselves and be gnarly. Well, those "consequences" are going to apply then, even/especially on Vurb.

Perhaps, instead he could have shed some light on the root problem. It's all about $$ and the $$ comes from big corps that have $. The big corps that have $ don't like to spend $ on guys who drink beer and bang energy girl models between motos.

So what do you do? Turn your back on the big $? NO. You get the big $ from sponsors who truly support the industry and accept it for what it is...a "gnarly" one. Don't let the stiff, white collar corporate dicks come in, don't take their money.

Greed..and our own damn fault for taking $ from the non-moto culture sponsorships got us here.

My perspective, feel free to disagree or hate. Just an average dudes opinion.

DR484
Jim Lahey
2/10/2015 6:47pm
LOL this is the case in like every aspect of American life. Its not limited to just motocross. We, as a country, are fucking pricks that need to chill the fuck out every once in a while.

But hey, Im just a drunk trailer park supervisor
MotoMo165
2/10/2015 6:49pm
So you're saying other big Corps wont give $ to this industry because long haired dudes are banging super models and drinking beer ..... :b
2/10/2015 6:56pm
MotoMo165 wrote:
So you're saying other big Corps wont give $ to this industry because long haired dudes are banging super models and drinking beer ..... :b
ha, nope. i'm saying the industry was willing to take $ from non-moto culture big sponsors who had $ to give, at least that's my perspective. Then we complain that those writing the checks don't like riders who act and do what motocrossers do.

The Shop

731chopper
Fantasy
390th
2/10/2015 7:20pm
What is this in response to?

People are overly-sensitive these days but this is hardly something unique to motocross.
500guy
2/10/2015 7:29pm
is this the same guy's who jag off with a baseball bat ?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
2/10/2015 7:50pm
731chopper wrote:

People are overly-sensitive these days but this is hardly something unique to motocross.
Yeah, what prompted this??
Sandberm
2/10/2015 7:52pm
I dont get it.

Whats the author of that article want? More Jackass behavior from the riders?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
2/10/2015 7:57pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 8:00pm
Berm, it's called character/personality. The bro flipping burgers has mad swag.....I mean personality

Seriously, what underage rider posted a picture of themselfs with a beer? That HAS to be what prompted this right??
2/10/2015 7:58pm
Sandberm wrote:
I dont get it.

Whats the author of that article want? More Jackass behavior from the riders?
Exactly....
-espionage-
Fantasy
1272nd
2/10/2015 8:00pm
731chopper wrote:

I think it's about a Instagram picture that was posted on Vurb's IG account with a rider sitting at a table with a bottle of beer. I didn't think anything of it but it's the only thing that comes to mind after reading that.
ayearinmx
2/10/2015 8:01pm
I think it's about a Instagram picture that was posted on Vurb's IG account with a rider sitting at a table with a bottle of beer...
I think it's about a Instagram picture that was posted on Vurb's IG account with a rider sitting at a table with a bottle of beer. I didn't think anything of it but it's the only thing that comes to mind after reading that.
bingo
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
2/10/2015 8:02pm
I think it's about a Instagram picture that was posted on Vurb's IG account with a rider sitting at a table with a bottle of beer...
ayearinmx wrote:
bingo
Who was it?
2/10/2015 8:04pm
How is Vurb going to back any rider that wants to blatantly be himself. And if be himself means....banging hookers and getting wasted after mains. Vurb is going to say: "Oh we back you." ???? At the end of the day, these riders have to do with what the money tells them to do. They won't be making cash long if they act like JLaW. But, that's ok because Vurb will back them. I don't get that....What are they going to BACK THEM with? Money? Sponsorship? What?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
2/10/2015 8:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/10/2015 8:13pm
How is Vurb going to back any rider that wants to blatantly be himself. And if be himself means....banging hookers and getting wasted after mains. Vurb...
How is Vurb going to back any rider that wants to blatantly be himself. And if be himself means....banging hookers and getting wasted after mains. Vurb is going to say: "Oh we back you." ???? At the end of the day, these riders have to do with what the money tells them to do. They won't be making cash long if they act like JLaW. But, that's ok because Vurb will back them. I don't get that....What are they going to BACK THEM with? Money? Sponsorship? What?
Yahtzee!!!! Is vurb going to buy a semi and cart around riders who spoke out and lost their ride/their factory teams corporate sponsors? This is the lamest shit I've ever seen them put out.

Welcome to being a legitimate sport Vurb, if you want personality and athletes who 'speak their mind' start covering WWE
Boarddesign
Fantasy
1860th
2/10/2015 9:17pm
Is there a reason they chose Surratt as the photo's for that story? Any connection to him wearing One instead of 7?
zehn
2/10/2015 9:55pm
731chopper wrote:

Then what was said about KRoc's antics after winning the MX title? Wasn't he only 20 then? Doing burnouts while chugging beers, etc.
Grizz
2/11/2015 12:32am
ayearinmx wrote:
bingo
MxKing809 wrote:
Who was it?
It was Nick Dez and he's 21. It's complete bullshit if he almost lost his ride over an unopened beer bottle.
Grizz
2/11/2015 12:32am
Is there a reason they chose Surratt as the photo's for that story? Any connection to him wearing One instead of 7?
No.
Grizz
2/11/2015 12:33am
How is Vurb going to back any rider that wants to blatantly be himself. And if be himself means....banging hookers and getting wasted after mains. Vurb...
MxKing809 wrote:
Yahtzee!!!! Is vurb going to buy a semi and cart around riders who spoke out and lost their ride/their factory teams corporate sponsors? This is the...
Yahtzee!!!! Is vurb going to buy a semi and cart around riders who spoke out and lost their ride/their factory teams corporate sponsors? This is the lamest shit I've ever seen them put out.

Welcome to being a legitimate sport Vurb, if you want personality and athletes who 'speak their mind' start covering WWE
Youre entirely missing the point.
mx965
2/11/2015 4:19am
MxKing809 wrote:
Yahtzee!!!! Is vurb going to buy a semi and cart around riders who spoke out and lost their ride/their factory teams corporate sponsors? This is the...

Grizz wrote:
Youre entirely missing the point.
yeah, I think so too. I got more like the riders cant do one damn thing in the world without being over analyzed and judged for it.
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
2/11/2015 5:36am
ayearinmx wrote:
bingo
MxKing809 wrote:
Who was it?
Grizz wrote:
It was Nick Dez and he's 21. It's complete bullshit if he almost lost his ride over an unopened beer bottle.
If that's the case, then yes.... total bullshit. Who does he even ride for?

On the flip side, teams need to represent sponsors in a certain light.... and a rider acting a fool on instagram doesn't help the team keep funding. Not saying that happened here, just a generality.
Jim Lahey
2/11/2015 6:28am
Grizz wrote:
Thats gotta be the biggest load of bullshit Ive ever come across.

Only in America...
Jarid332
Fantasy
1823rd
2/11/2015 6:35am
Who the hell waits till they're of age to have their first drink. Not me.
Sandberm
2/11/2015 6:38am
Who the hell is Nick Dez?

Camp332
2/11/2015 6:50am Edited Date/Time 2/11/2015 6:56am
Sandberm wrote:

Nick Desiderio 250 east rider for CycleTrader/Rock River #337 will be out there in Dallas this weekend

As for the topic at hand, today's motocross/supercross is professional business with "professional" athletes. It's not a rock & roll band on tour.
Sandberm
2/11/2015 6:58am
Sandberm wrote:

Camp332 wrote:
Nick Desiderio 250 east rider for CycleTrader/Rock River #337 will be out there in Dallas this weekend As for the topic at hand, today's motocross/supercross is...
Nick Desiderio 250 east rider for CycleTrader/Rock River #337 will be out there in Dallas this weekend

As for the topic at hand, today's motocross/supercross is professional business with "professional" athletes. It's not a rock & roll band on tour.
Awesome.

I'LL drink the beer and he can live the dream. We'll see which one is better off after the season.
ktm212
2/11/2015 9:47am
I think what the article was trying to say was that they wish the industry big wigs would lighten up. In a sport that has a strong "bro" mentality with fans that are generally younger and riders that are younger they are sucking the creative individualism out of them when riders are being examined at 14-21 as professionals. I think that Vurb sees it as a lot of MX/SX fans are beer drinking, energy drink pounding, partying, living life younger guys and want riders who are like that to be able to show it because fans would like it (Jlaw has 32.5k followers on instagram and the dude doesn't even race, Tyler Bereman has 64.5k, if you don't know what that is check him out). However I think that its a double edged sword. I've been pretty vocal that I want our sport to be taken more seriously and as do alot of the pros, because the more legit we are the more outside sponsors and the more $$$ for the guys who race under the lights. But I will say most are tight lipped and determined to work their hardest and do their best and take advantage of that and do come off pretty robotic and that's a shame because they do all have their own personalities that are being masked by some fear of repercussions. Vurb started as an amateur site, and I think the kids being robbed of their youth and growing up and being themselves triggers something deep down that kinda sucks about our sport but when you look at most professional sports the kids coming up need to be that way to make it.
hvaughn88
2/11/2015 9:52am
I love vurb. Let me get that out there before throwing out that big "but" phrase that always follows a comment. But doesn't the fact that a site exists that is more geared towards amateur moto just go to show you that people are capitalizing on the "amateur" side of moto? Sponsors typically sponsor things in hopes of getting some sort of financial result. It's the classic golden rule statement - "he who has the gold, makes the rules." The sponsors have the gold.
mom241
2/11/2015 10:04am
Honestly, the piece, and mostly the comments, reminded me of me in my 20's when I thought I knew everything.

Post a reply to: Vurb identity theft

The Latest