Vote 4 Herlings!

MXMattii
12/20/2012 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2012 3:24pm
Dear people,

This Tuesday the dutch had there sports gala from 2012. Jeffrey Herlings was nominated to win the "Talent of the Year" Award, but for the 3th year in a row Herlings didn't get it! A young dutch BMX girl got it because she had 1 good race...

Jeffrey was really bummed and the dutch MX community is also really bummed so they started a action:
Jeffrey Herlings is also nominated to win "the sport moment of the year" award and that award is given to the video with the most Internet votes! So if you wanna vote on Herlings movie, that would be cool, so we can prove that MX lives!

Click here please and vote!
|
JJO741
Fantasy
3012th
12/20/2012 1:24pm
After all the shit talking after des Nations, a lot of people are going to pass on this. I voted.
slipdog
12/20/2012 1:25pm
MXMattii wrote:
Dear people, This Tuesday the dutch had there sports gala from 2012. Jeffrey Herlings was nominated to win the "Talent of the Year" Award, but for...
Dear people,

This Tuesday the dutch had there sports gala from 2012. Jeffrey Herlings was nominated to win the "Talent of the Year" Award, but for the 3th year in a row Herlings didn't get it! A young dutch BMX girl got it because she had 1 good race...

Jeffrey was really bummed and the dutch MX community is also really bummed so they started a action:
Jeffrey Herlings is also nominated to win "the sport moment of the year" award and that award is given to the video with the most Internet votes! So if you wanna vote on Herlings movie, that would be cool, so we can prove that MX lives!

How do you vote? The video keeps telling me access denied and I can't read the web page. I tried this morning in the other thread about it, but it didn't work then either.

The Shop

MXMattii
12/20/2012 1:30pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2012 1:32pm
MXMattii wrote:
Dear people, This Tuesday the dutch had there sports gala from 2012. Jeffrey Herlings was nominated to win the "Talent of the Year" Award, but for...
Dear people,

slipdog wrote:
How do you vote? The video keeps telling me access denied and I can't read the web page. I tried this morning in the other thread...
How do you vote? The video keeps telling me access denied and I can't read the web page. I tried this morning in the other thread about it, but it didn't work then either.
I can see the video either but on the right you can push a button & then you vote. All who are voting Thank you!!
This is about more that Herlings... This is about the sport, allot of other sportsmen are thinking that racing a dirt bike isn't a sport! This is also about appriciation from the sport we all love, WE ALL LOVE!!
slipdog
12/20/2012 1:33pm
MXMattii wrote:
I can see the video either but on the right you can push a button & then you vote. All who are voting Thank you!! This...
I can see the video either but on the right you can push a button & then you vote. All who are voting Thank you!!
This is about more that Herlings... This is about the sport, allot of other sportsmen are thinking that racing a dirt bike isn't a sport! This is also about appriciation from the sport we all love, WE ALL LOVE!!
Voted!

It helps to scroll the screen up, DOH!
Sandberm
12/20/2012 1:33pm
Is there a box to check for "Best use of swear words in a post race interview"?
slipdog
12/20/2012 1:37pm
And I agree Mattii, If you don't like him, you have to realize the vote is for the sport of motocross as much as it is the person.
zooyork
12/20/2012 2:14pm
I voted.

I get the feeling some people are still upset their best riders got lapped by a teenager in September.
PressPassP
12/20/2012 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 12/20/2012 2:18pm
Braaap14 wrote:
NO
Don't still be so butt hurt,just vote,it's for all Motocross Cool
MXMattii
12/20/2012 2:33pm
Thanks for voting guys! If it you see an opportunity you can also ask your friends to vote Wink
To the guys who aren't voting: I can't say you need to vote, but I don't get it that you have such a strong opinion about a guy you've never saw in real life or you've never spoken with! He isn't to bad, he is just young and a bit impulsive like we all are at that age.
Crush
12/20/2012 6:34pm
MXMattii wrote:
Dear people,

Maybe the people doing the voting at the Gala saw him swear on international tv, or bomb people on twitter, or act like a fool over and over again?!?

Maybe...
12/20/2012 8:19pm
MXMattii wrote:
Thanks for voting guys! If it you see an opportunity you can also ask your friends to vote ;) To the guys who aren't voting: I...
Thanks for voting guys! If it you see an opportunity you can also ask your friends to vote Wink
To the guys who aren't voting: I can't say you need to vote, but I don't get it that you have such a strong opinion about a guy you've never saw in real life or you've never spoken with! He isn't to bad, he is just young and a bit impulsive like we all are at that age.
Sorry dude, I can't concentrate on anything you're saying. All I see is your avatar with that sexy girl bunny.

Got any more of her? Those hips!!! Just gimme her name so I can look her up later.

brianfagan9
12/20/2012 9:20pm
It sounds like the Dutch need to create some additional categories for their sports gala. If were spots for lets say biggest embarrassment or biggest douche he's a hands down winner.
12/20/2012 10:45pm
I suppose dropping that swear word was pretty heat of the moment,he certainly cleeaned up it act after that and conducted himself very well after that,he had hisdressing downi

Its a public vote afterall and when he did what he did to the AMA champs,Roczen etc,after all that cocky smack talk of how he was gonna get his ass kicked,I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of people on here didn't vote

I guess if it was Barcia for example even after pulling moves like roosting doctors and track staff,and that crazy Bercy incident,which would have possibly earned him a ban.in the AMA,ii bet there'd be plenty of ass kissing,but there you go
12/20/2012 11:35pm
I suppose dropping that swear word was pretty heat of the moment,he certainly cleeaned up it act after that and conducted himself very well after that,he...
I suppose dropping that swear word was pretty heat of the moment,he certainly cleeaned up it act after that and conducted himself very well after that,he had hisdressing downi

Its a public vote afterall and when he did what he did to the AMA champs,Roczen etc,after all that cocky smack talk of how he was gonna get his ass kicked,I wouldn't be suprised if a lot of people on here didn't vote

I guess if it was Barcia for example even after pulling moves like roosting doctors and track staff,and that crazy Bercy incident,which would have possibly earned him a ban.in the AMA,ii bet there'd be plenty of ass kissing,but there you go
if herlings was american then some of the people slagging him off would be touting him as the second coming of jesus christ- but as he's 'a euro' they don't like to admit the immense talent the kid has. (dont think it helped when he embarrased the 3 best american riders at the des nations either)

he's had a hell of a year- world champion, des nations race winner at such a young age. Cant deny that whatever you think of him away from the track.

Im certain all of you haters would change your opinion of jeffrey if you actually met/ spoke to him. He's always been very approachable and polite when i've spoke to him- even helped us with line choices at the track/ telling us which tracks to go to whilst we were over in holland / belgium on vacation. His mechanic was very helpful too- his ride at the lierop gp has to be the best ride i've ever seen, he was on another planet that day! Never seen anything like it. Glad i was there to see it
12/21/2012 12:57am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2012 1:04am
zooyork wrote:
I voted.

I get the feeling some people are still upset their best riders got lapped by a teenager in September.
x2
and have to agree with the guys above too

and we can say that even after he beat our guy to the championship

be interesting to see what would have happened to a euro rider if they would have pulled a 'barcia' roosting the docs and having a melt down
12/21/2012 1:05am
MXMattii wrote:
Thanks for voting guys! If it you see an opportunity you can also ask your friends to vote ;) To the guys who aren't voting: I...
If you 'don't get' why people have strong opinions on him then you don't get accepted standards of behavior.

Herlings has done more damage to the integrity of the sport than anyone.
HenryA
12/21/2012 1:13am
It sounds like the Dutch need to create some additional categories for their sports gala. If were spots for lets say biggest embarrassment or biggest douche...
It sounds like the Dutch need to create some additional categories for their sports gala. If were spots for lets say biggest embarrassment or biggest douche he's a hands down winner.
Haha, never gets old...
BM255
12/21/2012 1:27am
Done,

I think he's a cool kid, definately has an attitude but I like his rip, shit and bust approach to life.
12/21/2012 1:45am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2012 1:57am
attitude and non conformity have a place in mx as far as i'm concerned

and everyone gets heated from time to time ......

check out 1.37

https://youtu.be/Teimj9utoeI

and a good excuse to check out some great battles Smile
12/21/2012 2:15am
attitude and non conformity have a place in mx as far as i'm concerned and everyone gets heated from time to time ...... check out 1.37...
attitude and non conformity have a place in mx as far as i'm concerned

and everyone gets heated from time to time ......

check out 1.37

https://youtu.be/Teimj9utoeI

and a good excuse to check out some great battles Smile
Great battles but Damn that reminds me how lame Supercross is compared to real Outdoor MX,I hope I'll get the jazz when A1 comes around

Maybe its the huge anticipation the MXdN had Woohoo
Jefro98
12/21/2012 2:36am
zooyork wrote:
I voted.

^^^^^^
This.
LaughingLaughingLaughing
Kleineman
Fantasy
1802nd
12/21/2012 4:03am
MXMatti...

Your accusations towards Laura Smulders ("the BMX girl") have no foundation. I urge you to think for yourself and check facts before posting such nonsense.

Besides qualifying for the Olympics and performing extremely well she has also won several national, european and world championship titles in the amature classes. In only her second year in the premier Elite class she managed to grab the bronze medal at the Olympic Games and also won the last World Cup of the season.

She has performed well over the span of several years and not just 1 event!

Jeffrey is an amazing talent and great at what he does. If he continues to do so he will get his moment of glory.
mccread
12/21/2012 4:12am Edited Date/Time 12/21/2012 4:14am
Winning the first world title for Holland in 19 years is a bigger achievement than getting third. Herlings deserved that award for all he achieved this year..it was an incredible year ... his rides in Lierop and at the Des Nations were just insane and will be remembered for generations. He was winning GPs at 15 and world champ at 17,

As usual motocross and it's riders don't get the respect they deseve.
12/21/2012 7:01am
If you 'don't get' why people have strong opinions on him then you don't get accepted standards of behavior. Herlings has done more damage to the...
If you 'don't get' why people have strong opinions on him then you don't get accepted standards of behavior.

Herlings has done more damage to the integrity of the sport than anyone.
^^THIS^^

And someone Brit said it.

Post a reply to: Vote 4 Herlings!

The Latest