Vortex ECU in YZ250F

Loopy
So I just picked up a used 17 YZ250F from the dealer. Its a super clean bike with 25 hours on it. Fired right up and I could smell the VP. Before I leave the shop owner hands me a box from Vortex with the stock ECU in it.Says the previous owner just installed it before he traded it in. The bike has the stock pipe and there are no other engine mods. Any of you guys run a Vortex ECU and what should I expect from it. It's been awhile since I've had a bike and am just getting back in the game? I know a GYTR tuner can be used with this bike but is it only with the stock ECU installed. Forgive me guys I'm just learning all I can here.
|
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/20/2019 8:05am
Look at the Vortex and see if there any indication on who mapped it. Check the box to see if there a chart of what map does what.

The Votex runs very clean and should be 10 options to decide how you like your power. You can also tune + or - fuel for hot days, cold days or elevation.
Loopy
3/20/2019 8:32am
Look at the Vortex and see if there any indication on who mapped it. Check the box to see if there a chart of what map...
Look at the Vortex and see if there any indication on who mapped it. Check the box to see if there a chart of what map does what.

The Votex runs very clean and should be 10 options to decide how you like your power. You can also tune + or - fuel for hot days, cold days or elevation.
Can you tune the Vortex with a GYTR tuner or will I need something from Vortex?
mxb2
3/20/2019 8:36am
Look at the Vortex and see if there any indication on who mapped it. Check the box to see if there a chart of what map...

Loopy wrote:
Can you tune the Vortex with a GYTR tuner or will I need something from Vortex?
Vortex,. Tuner is for stock ecu.
Naanak
3/20/2019 9:43am
I have one on my 16. Never rode with the stock ecu but I love it. Mine has the base vortex maps for 15-16 and I run it on map 6 or 3 I believe depending on the track. I might send it out to get mapped but it’s not needed. Also I run pump gas and put about 65 hours with it with no issues.

Post a reply to: Vortex ECU in YZ250F

The Latest