Vivoactive 3 advice on set up to record laps

Sc2
Have now purchased this watch, mainly due to recording laps

I remember reading something on here a while back, where you just press go and it logs you're lap time every time you pass the start point.

I can't figer out how to set this up, not with out inputting a preset distance
|
10/17/2021 6:14am
Using the Connect app I had the same thing. Based off distance.

Use the litpro app, it logs laps like you are wanting. The lap trigger point moves a bit each session but otherwise seems pretty reliable.
agn5008
Fantasy
317th
10/17/2021 9:19am
Get the connect app and download the Motorsport app. It’s only a couple bucks a year
10/17/2021 10:10am
agn5008 wrote:
Get the connect app and download the Motorsport app. It’s only a couple bucks a year
Can you give me more info on the motorsport app please? I looked in the Play store and couldn't find anything. Is it an actual Garmin app? Thanks

The Shop

DJB
10/17/2021 10:16am
God I feel old
tek14
10/17/2021 11:51am
agn5008 wrote:
Sjacobs83 wrote:
Can you give me more info on the motorsport app please? I looked in the Play store and couldn't find anything. Is it an actual Garmin...
Can you give me more info on the motorsport app please? I looked in the Play store and couldn't find anything. Is it an actual Garmin app? Thanks
https://apps.garmin.com/en-AU/apps/cfd07660-08de-4188-9d19-73cdd9250797

You need to get Garmin ConnectIQ program on your phone and instal this Motorsport+ app to your watch.
It will cost like 2-3 dollars per year but will record your laps and update them to your Garmin.
10/17/2021 11:56am
tek14 wrote:
https://apps.garmin.com/en-AU/apps/cfd07660-08de-4188-9d19-73cdd9250797 You need to get Garmin ConnectIQ program on your phone and instal this Motorsport+ app to your watch. It will cost like 2-3 dollars per...
https://apps.garmin.com/en-AU/apps/cfd07660-08de-4188-9d19-73cdd9250797

You need to get Garmin ConnectIQ program on your phone and instal this Motorsport+ app to your watch.
It will cost like 2-3 dollars per year but will record your laps and update them to your Garmin.
Thank you, I was looking in the Connect app and not Connect IQ. Found it now
crusher773
10/17/2021 12:22pm
Yeah that's how my son does it is with the Motorsports app. Seems to work pretty good.
RedTail
Fantasy
605th
10/17/2021 3:52pm
LitPro App.
True statement! None of the apps you can purchase for the Vivoactive 3 will work as well as the free LitPro app to track lap times. It’s ridiculously easy to set up and use. Really, the only limitation to this system is the watch itself. I find the wrist based heart rate monitor to be weak link in this system. Good news, you can pair a heart rate monitor strap to your watch to improve accuracy if that’s important to you.
Radical
Fantasy
2360th
10/17/2021 4:55pm
LitPro App.
RedTail wrote:
True statement! None of the apps you can purchase for the Vivoactive 3 will work as well as the free LitPro app to track lap times...
True statement! None of the apps you can purchase for the Vivoactive 3 will work as well as the free LitPro app to track lap times. It’s ridiculously easy to set up and use. Really, the only limitation to this system is the watch itself. I find the wrist based heart rate monitor to be weak link in this system. Good news, you can pair a heart rate monitor strap to your watch to improve accuracy if that’s important to you.
This looks like a new app on Android. It only has 100+ installations.
I'm going to give it a try.

I was a running a Garmin Vivoactive HR. Now a 735XT.
For me, the heart rate monitor has been consistent during running and mountain biking, and appears to be fine with MX, as long as I don't wear the watch too loose or tight.

I can't argue with getting a heart rate strap for accuracy though. Just make sure you get one that supports ANT+, as I don't believe Vivoactive supports Bluetooth heart rate monitors yet.
tek14
10/18/2021 5:39am
LitPro App.
RedTail wrote:
True statement! None of the apps you can purchase for the Vivoactive 3 will work as well as the free LitPro app to track lap times...
I did try free LitPro app.. but it didnt update most of rides and now it hasnt updated any rides in month. Also if you cut track It will show that as lap and forgets full lap and with free litpro you cant modify anything. Maybe paid version works better.
Jbulz
Fantasy
4069th
10/18/2021 6:50am
The best I've found is to use the fb3 motorsports+ app on the watch and sync Garmin Connect to Strava. This automatically logs the activity as "motocross" in Connect, and a "workout" in Strava. Then I just set my segment time in Strava and let that calculate the lap times. Just be careful it's not where the track doubles back on itself or it will mistime the lap.
Sc2
10/18/2021 11:57am
Using the Connect app I had the same thing. Based off distance. Use the litpro app, it logs laps like you are wanting. The lap trigger...
Using the Connect app I had the same thing. Based off distance.

Use the litpro app, it logs laps like you are wanting. The lap trigger point moves a bit each session but otherwise seems pretty reliable.
What setting do you use on the watch, iv had a look at the watch and they all require a distance to be inputted, or do you somehow just press go and it automatically clocks at the pint of start

Another thing I was wondering, let's say press start on the starting gate, then there's usually 50m_100m straight to the first corner and you'd never ride pass exact start point, (by passing the start gate) How's that work
10/18/2021 2:22pm
I just push the side button, select bike as the activity and let if find the gps signal in the pits. Just before I enter the track to ride I push the side button to start. Ride my laps and then push the side button to stop again once I leave the track. Follow the prompts to save the activity and once I get back to the pits it syncs with my phone and updates the litpro app that I have my Garmin account synced with.

I don’t worry about the start straight or any of that. With the free litpro app it doesn’t count your lap time from when you pressed the start button, it seems to figure out when you have completed a full lap and sets its own marker. No need to enter distance.

Absolutely not as accurate as a transponder and timing setup but close enough for practice for me. The watches refresh rate isn’t good enough to worry about every tenth anyway. If you want more accurate it looks like the paid litpro and one of the XGPS 160 modules is the way to go. More flexibility in setting your markers.

Post a reply to: Vivoactive 3 advice on set up to record laps

The Latest