Vitards - you got some 'splainin to do

Related:
Create New Tag

6/7/2021 8:54 PM

Roczen fades horribly at SLC SX at 4630ft and loses SX title to Webb.
Vital - He is out of shape, elevation killed him, Webb is in superior shape.

One month later, Roczen dominates both motos at Lakewood at 6140ft in 88deg heat going away as Webb rolls around 30+ secs back
Vital - silence.

|

Powerband in every gear !

6/7/2021 8:56 PM

Air shock.

|

6/7/2021 9:05 PM

Epstein barr...duh

|

6/7/2021 9:07 PM

Poor Paul

|

6/7/2021 9:23 PM

I’m more interested in seeing where all the people are that were saying he wasn’t even going to show up to the MX races...

|

6/7/2021 9:32 PM

Fresh air of the great outdoors !

|

6/7/2021 9:45 PM

He’s been taking huge doses of The Stoke

Obviously!

|

Nobody ever told me, I found out for myself. You've got to believe in foolish miracles. It's not how you play the game, it's if you win or lose. You can choose. Don't confuse. Win or lose. It's up to you!

6/7/2021 10:34 PM

I can't answer Roczen's case but it seems he has found some belief and confidence which is everything in this sport.

Webb hasn't been good outdoors since his 250 days, SX doesn't translate to MX speed for all riders MX is for sure the harder discipline and there is a lot more opportunity to go faster.

I don't understand why people on here make excuses for Tomac, the worst excuse is everyone is faster now that's why Tomac is struggling, Tomac has been the rider to beat ever since he has entered the big class in both MX and SX, The only rider that can beat Tomac is himself which he has showed so many times in his career his issue and it always has been is above the shoulders, Tomac's "beast mode" is just confidence but the problem with the beast mode it's been missing for a year, he is every bit as fast and RC, RV, RC was but the difference between him and them is those guys were in "beast mode" 95% of the time.

Webb isn't even the fastest in SX how can he be the fastest out there when he cannot even get through whoops properly? that just shows how strong the mental is in any sport.

I know I talked about Tomac a lot here in a Webb thread but I swear people have extremely short memories and fail the eye test, it's amazing to me how people are surprised that Ferrandis is up there after the performance he showed last year and he was the only rider to show a wheel to Herlings during the MX2 days

|

6/8/2021 12:35 AM

Someone has to mention this ancient knowledge and it is going to be me....

Honda is cursed in SX for ditching 2-smokes altogether and their CRF450 will never win the SX title. It is known.

So in conclusion it's not Kenny-thing it's Honda-thing.

|

the ultimate MX renegade from the east shore of the big cold pond

6/8/2021 12:53 AM

Im just really happy for Kenny, he is a superb rider and has been through injury hell. It absolutely astonds me that he has be able to return at all let ailone win races and be in contention for championships its just amazing.
I hope he wins the championship..he certainly deserves to

|

2020 YZ450F
2006 YZ125
2013 YZ 250F special edition
2017 YZ 250
2015 YZ 250f soecial edition
2019 KTM 85 big wheel
1979 YZ 250

6/8/2021 1:48 AM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 1:49 AM

Different types of racing with differences in technique. Webb style and technique works well in sx, but in mx Ken's technique works better. Roczen rides in a way that is smoother, less tiring, and more efficient. Outdoors, that is huge. Roczen's Euro roots are clear as day, and a major plus in mx.

|

6/8/2021 2:05 AM

Just shows how many "experts" in here are usually right with their opinions.

|

"Me fail English? That’s unpossible." - Ralph Wiggum

6/8/2021 4:38 AM

RenT FrEe

|

6/8/2021 5:26 AM

FGR01 wrote:

Vital - He is out of shape, elevation killed him, Webb ...more

There are about 3 threads on Webb’s Performance...pay attention

|

6/8/2021 5:27 AM

Ranman68 wrote:

Different types of racing with differences in technique. Webb style and technique works well in sx, but in mx Ken's technique ...more

This. Exactly. Webb made his money this year and will have a strong chance again next winter. Roczen thinks our tracks are smooth as ice compared to Europe...his natural talents show outdoors, no as much indoors

|

6/8/2021 5:32 AM

Yo Mike, you got em!
Photo

|

United States of America

6/8/2021 6:27 AM

"LUCY, ..."

|

6/8/2021 6:55 AM

Kenny is in his first half of the season. Its typical for him to fall off 1/2 way through. Give it time

|

6/8/2021 2:49 PM

Talk about short memories, sx season started exactly like this. Congrats to Kenny on another blazing start

|

6/8/2021 3:08 PM

FGR01 wrote:

Vital - He is out of shape, elevation killed him, Webb ...more

Sounds like what I see on the news every day. It's all about the narrative.

Actually, I believe Kenny has supreme confidence outdoors...and Webb has the same indoors. I love the fact that we actually have some racing this year in the outdoors...and both of the favorites are trudging along back in the pack. It's gonna be a good season!

|

6/8/2021 3:19 PM

I love that Ken has come out of the gate guns blazing but that being said he's only one point in the lead over a rookie on a "blue pig". If Ken can stay "zenned" in and pull off his first lap magic on a regular basis he might just run away with this thing. I have to believe at some point things go a little sideways for him and then we will see what he's really got in the tank over the course of the season.

|

6/8/2021 3:27 PM

Let's just let the season play out.

|

6/8/2021 3:33 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/8/2021 3:35 PM

No offense to Ken but many of us predicted him to be the front runner. The question has never, ever been about his ability to win. History has just shown that Ken struggles to keep the pace going for a full series. He’s had whatever health issues rear up again and again. This isn’t to say that it will happen again this year or that anyone wants to see it. It just seems likely given his history. I’d love to see him win the series since my guy AC is still struggling with consistency but my guess is that at some point it all comes unraveled.

|

Are you smart enough to buy a bike that costs less, weighs less, makes more horsepower per cubic centimeter, can be rebuilt for recycled aluminum can money and is giggle inducing? It is hard to believe that the American riding public flunks this test en masse. How stupid are you?

6/8/2021 7:40 PM

skeef wrote:

Let's just let the season play out.

Hell no, let's run off on all kinds of crazy conspiracy theories and half assed speculation!

|

Powerband in every gear !

6/8/2021 7:51 PM

3 words…P E D’s

|

6/8/2021 7:58 PM

Sounds like it's Kenny and Webb that have the explaining to do.. no?

|

6/10/2021 11:33 AM

If theres one thing Ive learned from watching merican dirt scooter racing: NEVER count out webb.
That being said, Id love to see kroc pull the championship off

|

Titanium reinforced throttle wrist since 18/05 2007

6/10/2021 12:02 PM

Simple really. In SX, set up your bike up hoping the premier line holds up and your bike handles well in it. Trying to find better lines is clearly difficult especially if your bike setup isnt there. MX, searching for better, smoother lines is the name of the game. All the Euro riders are very good at that (Roczen, Ferrandis, even Marvin on his good days). Webb rides one line and doesnt wander it seems

|

Gone:
2006 CRF230F
2008 KTM 200 XC
2017 KTM 250 SX
2019 CRF250R
Current: 2021 YZ250F

6/10/2021 12:12 PM
Edited Date/Time: 6/10/2021 1:41 PM

I'm calling BS on this "Kenny isn't healthy enough" headline.

KR was the second best guy in SX this year and was a legit contender late in the series. This is the best we have ever seen him do in a SX series injuries or not. He's always been a better outdoor rider and even went 2nd to Tomac his first year back after those injuries. Now he is probably the closest he has probably been to his 2016 outdoor self and his results don't surprise me. If he is even 90% the level he was in 2016 he still has a legitimate shot at the title.

Webb's results don't surprise me either. He's always been a 6-10 guy outdoors on the 450.

|

6/10/2021 1:22 PM

scootch wrote:

I'm calling BS on this "Kenny isn't healthy enough" headline.

KR was the second best guy in SX this year and was a legit ...more

Don’t come around here talking logic and facts!

|