Vital trolls

Related:
Create New Tag

10/15/2018 4:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 4:46 PM

Can someone affiliated with the vital Website tell me why that topic would get bumped ? I must of broke a rule, was it the calling out trolls or the part where I said let's start a poll of the troll ? Seriously, I can behave if I went too far . Can you explain what you didn't agree with ? Don't turn your site into a click bait site, I love it btw, just don't bite on the click bait stuff I'm a " reel "fisherman. Pun intended for those that missed the original spell check post.

|

10/15/2018 4:46 PM

You mean axed and because it was stupid.

Did you check the Dumbgeon? It could have been moved there.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/15/2018 4:49 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You mean axed and because it was stupid.

Did you check the Dumbgeon? It could have been moved there.

Nice , haven't even looked yourself I see , so how stupid was it being you didn't see it? Signed curious and waiting ......

|

10/15/2018 4:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 5:54 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

You mean axed and because it was stupid.

Did you check the Dumbgeon? It could have been moved there.

Smoproracing_Smoproracing wrote:

Nice , haven't even looked yourself I see , so how stupid was it being you didn't see it? Signed curious and waiting ......

Oh wait it's not another troll , hows the new call of duty ? No its not there flake, hope this maverick isnt flying my top gun team ,didn't even read his debriefing

|

10/15/2018 4:51 PM

I saw it. It was a bunch of guys arguing over nothing and calling each other names, and it got flushed.

I figure if people are going to spend some valuable time here, I can do a little curating on threads that aren't going to give them any benefit. Some say I do too much of that. Others say not enough.

|

10/15/2018 4:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/16/2018 2:41 PM

GuyB wrote:

I saw it. It was a bunch of guys arguing over nothing and calling each other names, and it got flushed.

I figure if people are going to spend some valuable time here, I can do a little curating on threads that aren't going to give them any benefit. Some say I do too much of that. Others say not enough.

I say too much if I left the names out would it fly ? Just curious? Guy would you agree too much trolling ? Or the original post without the names ?

If you figure valubile time you should flush the trolls, I was stating that's the reason I come here , not for the he said she said stuff. BTW if you didn't get a pic or see or hear, tomac pulled over and herlings stomped us.

|

10/15/2018 4:55 PM

OP, sober up and try again tomorrow

|

10/15/2018 4:59 PM

GuyB wrote:

I saw it. It was a bunch of guys arguing over nothing and calling each other names, and it got flushed.

I figure if people are going to spend some valuable time here, I can do a little curating on threads that aren't going to give them any benefit. Some say I do too much of that. Others say not enough.

Smoproracing_Smoproracing wrote:

I say too much if I left the names out would it fly ? Just curious? Guy would you agree too much trolling ? Or the original post without the names ?

If you figure valubile time you should flush the trolls, I was stating that's the reason I come here , not for the he said she said stuff. BTW if you didn't get a pic or see or hear, tomac pulled over and herlings stomped us.

Does it add to the conversation? Or make things more divisive. For example, religion and politics don't fly here.

|

10/15/2018 5:01 PM

GuyB wrote:

I saw it. It was a bunch of guys arguing over nothing and calling each other names, and it got flushed.

I figure if people are going to spend some valuable time here, I can do a little curating on threads that aren't going to give them any benefit. Some say I do too much of that. Others say not enough.

Smoproracing_Smoproracing wrote:

I say too much if I left the names out would it fly ? Just curious? Guy would you agree too much trolling ? Or the original post without the names ?

If you figure valubile time you should flush the trolls, I was stating that's the reason I come here , not for the he said she said stuff. BTW if you didn't get a pic or see or hear, tomac pulled over and herlings stomped us.

GuyB wrote:

Does it add to the conversation? Or make things more divisive. For example, religion and politics don't fly here.

Neither should trolling . That was is my point. Thanks for all you do for the sport . When you get sick of the trolling and click bait god bless. Oops can I say that ?

|

10/15/2018 5:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 10/15/2018 5:06 PM

I did see it and if you don't know why they got rid of it well that's your problem not mine.

But in your defense, yes, there's a lot of trolls on here but that comes with the territory. Learn to ignore them and you'll feel better. Not sure why you let them get to you.

Maybe it's time for you to grow up?

And as far as Call of Duty goes, I wouldn't know. I'm more of a Battlefield guy.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/15/2018 5:09 PM

What's a Troll?
(asking for a friend)

|

10/15/2018 5:41 PM

If it wasn't in the Dumbgeon before, it certainly will be now. This should be good....

|

MCM2 name - RXR_ProKawi24
PS4 Gamertag "Rocko24" - Add me for MES2 (soon to be MES3)

10/15/2018 5:41 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I did see it and if you don't know why they got rid of it well that's your problem not mine.

But in your defense, yes, there's a lot of trolls on here but that comes with the territory. Learn to ignore them and you'll feel better. Not sure why you let them get to you.

Maybe it's time for you to grow up?

And as far as Call of Duty goes, I wouldn't know. I'm more of a Battlefield guy.

You getting Battlefield V?

|

10/15/2018 6:03 PM

-MAVERICK- wrote:

I did see it and if you don't know why they got rid of it well that's your problem not mine.

But in your defense, yes, there's a lot of trolls on here but that comes with the territory. Learn to ignore them and you'll feel better. Not sure why you let them get to you.

Maybe it's time for you to grow up?

And as far as Call of Duty goes, I wouldn't know. I'm more of a Battlefield guy.

LumpDog841 wrote:

You getting Battlefield V?

Pre-ordered it a while back for PS4. Started a thread in non-moto months ago. Probably should bump it up again soon.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

10/15/2018 6:10 PM

Emoji eating popcorn

|

I ripped a start from Egypt and I was happy about that.

10/15/2018 7:55 PM

Do we need another Butthurt Report ?

|

10/15/2018 8:01 PM

OP is trolling

|

10/15/2018 8:06 PM

langhammx wrote:

OP is trolling

So he’s trolling the trolls for trolling?

Does this come with a flow chart?

|

10/15/2018 8:25 PM

langhammx wrote:

OP is trolling

omalley wrote:

So he’s trolling the trolls for trolling?

Does this come with a flow chart?

Photo
|

10/15/2018 8:25 PM

Photo
|

10/15/2018 8:43 PM

langhammx wrote:

OP is trolling

omalley wrote:

So he’s trolling the trolls for trolling?

Does this come with a flow chart?

slipdog wrote: Photo

Outstanding work sir.

|

10/16/2018 7:01 AM

when one of the staff claims he doesnt know what "cbt" means you have to wonder..

for those that dont, it means,
click bait troll...and their purpose is to generate content to get clicks...
they often start or post so called "contraversial" stuff, which is designed to cause outrage, indignation etc and lots of content and clicks...

thus generating revenue..

its a game for me to spot them on a number of forums i haunt....

and for a long time this forum didnt appear to use this method.

i dont believe that is true now...

i do wonder if this post will stay, either way it will reflect on their integrity.

(as is the oft level of discourse here i expect more grief for spelling mistakes than actual well thought out replies to my post.)

|

10/16/2018 7:02 AM

make1go wrote:

when one of the staff claims he doesnt know what "cbt" means you have to wonder..

for those that dont, it means,
click bait troll...and their purpose is to generate content to get clicks...
they often start or post so called "contraversial" stuff, which is designed to cause outrage, indignation etc and lots of content and clicks...

thus generating revenue..

its a game for me to spot them on a number of forums i haunt....

and for a long time this forum didnt appear to use this method.

i dont believe that is true now...

i do wonder if this post will stay, either way it will reflect on their integrity.

(as is the oft level of discourse here i expect more grief for spelling mistakes than actual well thought out replies to my post.)

No surprise that you’d know what the acronym cbt stands for. wink

|

10/16/2018 7:57 AM

make1go wrote:

when one of the staff claims he doesnt know what "cbt" means you have to wonder..

for those that dont, it means,
click bait troll...and their purpose is to generate content to get clicks...
they often start or post so called "contraversial" stuff, which is designed to cause outrage, indignation etc and lots of content and clicks...

thus generating revenue..

its a game for me to spot them on a number of forums i haunt....

and for a long time this forum didnt appear to use this method.

i dont believe that is true now...

i do wonder if this post will stay, either way it will reflect on their integrity.

(as is the oft level of discourse here i expect more grief for spelling mistakes than actual well thought out replies to my post.)

Hold on, I have to go get my tin foil hat out.

I’ll let you in on a small secret...we don’t really need more clicks in a sense. We get so much traffic on our main pages and the forum that we currently are miles ahead of the ads we need to serve for our partner brands. So basically, paying someone to create click bait threads, as you’re suggesting, is absolutely pointless and wouldn’t generate any revenue outside of a couple pennies here and there that we get from google ad sense.

|

10/16/2018 9:58 AM

#beerfactory wrote:

What's a Troll?
(asking for a friend)

Photo
|

10/16/2018 1:48 PM

make1go wrote:

when one of the staff claims he doesnt know what "cbt" means you have to wonder..

for those that dont, it means,
click bait troll...and their purpose is to generate content to get clicks...
they often start or post so called "contraversial" stuff, which is designed to cause outrage, indignation etc and lots of content and clicks...

thus generating revenue..

its a game for me to spot them on a number of forums i haunt....

and for a long time this forum didnt appear to use this method.

i dont believe that is true now...

i do wonder if this post will stay, either way it will reflect on their integrity.

(as is the oft level of discourse here i expect more grief for spelling mistakes than actual well thought out replies to my post.)

ML512 wrote:

Hold on, I have to go get my tin foil hat out.

I’ll let you in on a small secret...we don’t really need more clicks in a sense. We get so much traffic on our main pages and the forum that we currently are miles ahead of the ads we need to serve for our partner brands. So basically, paying someone to create click bait threads, as you’re suggesting, is absolutely pointless and wouldn’t generate any revenue outside of a couple pennies here and there that we get from google ad sense.

I don't think he is saying Vital pays anyone to create such threads. I think he is pointing out that you all don't do much to stop them. Page views = money. No discussion there.

Here are some tongue in cheek translations: :-)

"I’ll let you in on a small secret...we don’t really need more clicks in a sense."

I'll let you in on a small non-secret... we really need more bandwidth, in a sense.

"We get so much traffic on our main pages and the forum that we currently are miles ahead of the ads we need to serve for our partner brands."

We get so much traffic on our main pages and the forum that we currently are miles behind on bandwidth to show the ads we need to serve for our partner brands.

"So basically, paying someone to create click bait threads, as you’re suggesting, is absolutely pointless and wouldn’t generate any revenue outside of a couple pennies here and there that we get from google ad sense."

So basically, doing anything against someone who creates click bait threads, as you're suggesting, is absolutely pointless and would hinder generating revenue, even if it is a couple of pennies here and there that we get from Google AdSense.

Thank you.

|