Vital MX users announcing competition.

Jmicmoto13
2/6/2018 9:33am
Jmicmoto13 wrote:
Asimo wrote:
THAT Was Great! We have a bear skin rug on the end of that rhythm lane!

There are broken and tangled alliances everywhere!!!! What a great time to post something like this that. OP should mail that number plate this fella.
2/6/2018 9:43am
I can figure out what's going on without having to hear it from Jeff. He doesn't add anything that an experienced racer doesn't already know. Ralph seems like a good guy and whoever they'd replace him with would be told to say the same corporate BS, so it makes no difference.
Katoomey
2/6/2018 11:32am
I thought you guys were all super core bros? Everyone of you thinks you're an expert, so why do you need somone to explain it to you? Tv announcers dont talk about anything the viewer cant see. So whats the point unless you dont know whats going on?

The Shop

2/6/2018 11:49am
Katoomey wrote:
I thought you guys were all super core bros? Everyone of you thinks you're an expert, so why do you need somone to explain it to...
I thought you guys were all super core bros? Everyone of you thinks you're an expert, so why do you need somone to explain it to you? Tv announcers dont talk about anything the viewer cant see. So whats the point unless you dont know whats going on?

The NFL once experimented with that in the '70s, on NBC, I think. (NBC, for those who don't know, used to carry the AFC in the daytime.) They showed an entire game with no announcers or analysts -- just with the stadium PA run through the broadcast mix. I'd be cool if they showed Supercross that way.

Do you actually think I need Ralph Sheheen? Guess again. I usually turn down the sound, fast-forward to the main events and switch on music.

jbomx363
2/6/2018 12:14pm
Katoomey wrote:
I thought you guys were all super core bros? Everyone of you thinks you're an expert, so why do you need somone to explain it to...

Uh..he's ANNOYING as hell. Give me someone I could listen to at least... Daniel Blair would be fine in Ralphs position.

flarider
2/6/2018 2:30pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 2:31pm
I announced motocross in Florida, mostly South Florida for a number of years, was on old "Motoworld" show when they did a segment on Pepsi/Air Dania in Ft Lauderdale, that's how I became friends with Scott "Scotty Mac" McLemore who now is the TV director for the entire MX series as well as other races on MavTV, and after that I announced motorcycle road racing for a few years after starting my business

Now while I have no issue with Jeff or Ralph, it's not always wise to make assumptions about what people do or don't know or their experiences
2/6/2018 3:18pm
It is not about us doing Ralph’s and Jeff’s job better, it’s about Ralph and Jeff doing their jobs better.
JustMX
2/6/2018 4:34pm
Katoomey wrote:

The NFL once experimented with that in the '70s, on NBC, I think. (NBC, for those who don't know, used to carry the AFC in the...
The NFL once experimented with that in the '70s, on NBC, I think. (NBC, for those who don't know, used to carry the AFC in the daytime.) They showed an entire game with no announcers or analysts -- just with the stadium PA run through the broadcast mix. I'd be cool if they showed Supercross that way.

Do you actually think I need Ralph Sheheen? Guess again. I usually turn down the sound, fast-forward to the main events and switch on music.

If people have to listen to lurch yell during the broadcast rating will plummet
Hank_Thrill
2/6/2018 5:49pm
Great job thus far. Number plate is being packed and ready to ship. I’ll probably throw in some autographs from the 95 supercross brochure.

Also, for those who feel it is fine to criticize Jeff and Ralph because they are “professionals.” Would you agree they are human beings? Would you agree people make mistakes at work all the time? Who here has not? The only difference is they have hundreds of thousands of viewers watching, some of which expect them to be mistake free 100% of the time.

Honestly, it just amazes me how people can be watching a live full coverage race thousands of miles away on a high-definition color television - just take a moment to let it sit in - can find something so minuscule to complain about considering how great supercross fans have it these days. Twenty plus years ago you had to wait weeks for 45-minutes of racing that came on at 2:00 AM at night.
Cancerman
2/6/2018 7:24pm
People here aren't claiming to be professional announcers. But you don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. For those who...
People here aren't claiming to be professional announcers. But you don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.

For those who don't know (meaning almost everyone here) that's a Bob Dylan reference. See, Dylan is one of the most important figures in the history of American pop culture, and he's also a Nobel Prize winner and ... never mind ... it's a cool line.
I believe the lyric is " You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".
2/6/2018 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 2/6/2018 7:46pm
Cancerman wrote:
I believe the lyric is " You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows".
Thanks. I went back and fixed what I meant to say. In my mind, I had typed it correctly from the start.

With all due respect to the bard, the lyric actually is "You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows." That's why I said it was a Dylan "reference" rather than a Dylan "quote."
Cancerman
2/7/2018 5:21pm
Yeah, I was running on old memory, I did not look it up. All good, I knew what you're say!
2/7/2018 7:55pm
Hello, For those who often criticize Jeff and Ralph over their announcing skills. This is your opportunity to show us what you've got! All you have...
Hello,

For those who often criticize Jeff and Ralph over their announcing skills. This is your opportunity to show us what you've got!

All you have to do is mute the television and record yourself announcing a heat race, LCQ, or main event. Even though you have already seen the race you still need to upload your first take for the Vital MX community to provide quality feedback. If you are good enough, maybe you will get recognized by Feld and land a job.

Considering Jeff and Ralph do a great job 99.1% of the time (posts are usually made over a few misspoken or factually incorrect sentences). You must demonstrate a level of proficiency of at least 99%. E.g., take the time of the race from the drop of the gate to the finish and multiply that by .01%. The resulting seconds will be your window for margin of error. Anything over and your recording will unfortunately be considered a fail.

Whoever does the best job will get my signed Guy Cooper number plate from 1995.

React.
I strongly contest that the do a great job 99.1% of the time.

Ralph shits the bed every time he speaks. He’s HORRIBLE.

Post a reply to: Vital MX users announcing competition.

The Latest