Vital MX Poll: How many Supercross races will Ken Roczen win in 2018?

Create New Tag

12/22/2017 7:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 7:14 AM

How many Supercross races will Ken Roczen win in 2018?

View Results

|

Contact Me

Instagram (@gdawson243)

Snapchat: gdawson2

12/22/2017 7:27 AM

I got him winning 12

|

12/22/2017 9:01 AM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

I got him winning 12

You my friend, are a dreamer.

|

12/22/2017 9:18 AM

3 to 4. Provided he doesn't crash himself outta the series...

|

if you're gonna be dumb, you better be tough

12/22/2017 9:58 AM

If he lines up at every event and finishes at least 13 events I'm thinking he's gonna be on the top step at least 4 times. If he gets on a roll the only thing that will stop him will be how hard he hits the ground.

|

12/22/2017 11:25 AM

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

But I'm not the only one

|

12/22/2017 12:25 PM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

I got him winning 12

Jmicmoto13 wrote:

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

But I'm not the only one

|

12/22/2017 3:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 4:00 PM

I have 3-4...and I truly believe I'm being generous.

|

12/22/2017 8:20 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/22/2017 8:22 PM

I hope does win a few or more, but mainly I hope he doesn’t get hurt in anyway much less to that arm....
I don’t think anyone else would have ever recovered from that devastating injury like he did.. So much respect for him !!!!!!!

|

12/22/2017 8:34 PM

Wow, voting results are all over the map. Wish him well on the season, but think his results will be all over the map too. I’m usually wrong on this stuff and hope I am here too. Big fan of Kenny’s.

|

12/23/2017 6:15 AM

I voted 3-4 but really it could be any of these options.
Maybe he dominates and wins 10. Maybe he realizes at A1 that he's not quite ready for racing and wins nothing.
Who knows

|

12/23/2017 8:16 AM

"Maybe he realizes at A1 that he's not quite ready for racing and wins nothing.
Who knows"

The probability is high imo.

|

12/23/2017 8:16 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2017 8:16 AM

Every one he wants to.

|

12/23/2017 8:19 AM

WCRider wrote:

"Maybe he realizes at A1 that he's not quite ready for racing and wins nothing.
Who knows"

The probability is high imo.

Nah I don't think so.
It's possible but I don't think it's very probable.

Him and the people around him have a pretty good clue about the sport and know that there's a difference between practice and racing.
He would act differently if he wasn't sure that he can achieve everything he's saying.

|

12/23/2017 8:24 AM

crusty_xx wrote:

Nah I don't think so.
It's possible but I don't think it's very probable.

Him and the people around him have a pretty good clue about the sport and know that there's a difference between practice and racing.
He would act differently if he wasn't sure that he can achieve everything he's saying.

We will know soon,

"He would act differently if he wasn't sure that he can achieve everything he's saying."

Confident and overconfident, it's not quite the same thing. Everything is possible, we'll see.

|

12/23/2017 1:17 PM

0 , will not have the strength, stability to go full 20 laps.
Will be learning year ....

|

RV, 4 th to 8 th, mxgp

12/23/2017 3:48 PM

Can someone who has been brainwashed please explain why you think Roczen is so amazing? He’s awesome, don’t get me wrong but I read stuff that leaves me speechless. People talking about how he’s gonna dominate.......He couldn’t dominate supercross when he was healthy yet somehow you believe he’s going to dominate now that he has a huge set back.
He won two races last year and the week he crashed he couldn’t catch Dungey. So yeah, why do u talk like he won 16 in a row.

|

12/23/2017 4:32 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2017 4:54 PM

Nesc39 wrote:

Can someone who has been brainwashed please explain why you think Roczen is so amazing? He’s awesome, don’t get me wrong but I read stuff that leaves me speechless. People talking about how he’s gonna dominate.......He couldn’t dominate supercross when he was healthy yet somehow you believe he’s going to dominate now that he has a huge set back.
He won two races last year and the week he crashed he couldn’t catch Dungey. So yeah, why do u talk like he won 16 in a row.

Not to try and call you out or anything you could be pro for all I know but when you go out and ride and push the limits of yourself on a bike you respect what he can do like he's corner speed even small things like how prescise he is on the landings or even line choice in the middle of a race I mean look at marvin he jumps through whoops you know how hard that is to do I guess I respect that more than tomac's no fear and gun it style and when you watch roczen you can just see that he is the fastest guy on the track

|

12/23/2017 7:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/23/2017 7:40 PM

A lot of what it was was that he had just rounded into form and had reached maturity with his speed/confidence/fitness. Yes he beat Dungey on KTM for an mx championship before but this time it was different. He was reaching his peak and looked unstoppable. The mx season before the crash he finally had rounded into form and absolutely dominated like not many ever have a chance to, he was showing that he was the next guy and he had arrived.

His speed/confidence/fitness were all there and he was the fastest rider. He then carried that to winning 2/3 monster cup races on a bike he had ridden 3 times and then winning the first 2 rounds before he crashed. It was clear that he had arrived and he was the guy to beat and then in an instant it was gone. Yes hes never won a sx championship before but the timing of his crash was right as he was becoming the next face of the sport. Unfortunately that was ripped away and well never know, but the Roczen that crashed at Anaheim was at a level that only a few racers ever reach and once they do they go on a run of dominance then retire. Hopefully he can get back to that point but either way the field is so deep this is going to be an incredible year unless eli or marv run away with it.

|

12/24/2017 5:28 AM

I have the highest respect for Kenny's ability but not being on the gate for a year, severity of his injuries I would say he will be lucky to even podium in the first four rounds. I would think that somewhere near rounds 5-8 we will see him challenging for wins. This kid could prove me wrong and I'm cool with that too!

|

12/24/2017 10:59 AM

This is what's interesting about this sport. Waiting to see who starts off strong the first few rounds.
So many things to consider and speculate regarding the top 4 or 5 this year.
I got Kenny down for 3-4 wins but who knows

|

12/24/2017 3:19 PM

This year is either going to be the most interesting season in a long time with mutiple different race winners eli, marv, kenny, baggett, webb, anderson....or its just going to be eli or marv winning everything. Its completely up in the air right now and I cant wait to see where it goes.

|

12/24/2017 4:23 PM

1-2! Eli and Marvin are going to dual it out this year.

|

“Let the Good Times Roll”

12/24/2017 4:58 PM

struth wrote:

I hear he is running 3 25min motos in practice regularly, the dude is in shape, fitness/strength will not be a problem. Now will his arm stand up to another get off is the real question. I hope so.

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

12/25/2017 12:49 AM

struth wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

I hear he is running 3 25min motos in practice regularly, the dude is in shape, fitness/strength will not be a problem. Now will his arm stand up to another get off is the real question. I hope so.

I suffered the same break in my elbow as Kenny. I have lost 20% of extension and rotation. That was 14 years ago, for the most part riding isn't a issue, however I have suffered a couple of hard hypertension when riding and they just nail the elbow for a good few weeks. I wonder if he's got a brace on the elbow?

|

Riding is Freedom, Freedom is Riding!

12/25/2017 1:59 AM

"I wonder if he's got a brace on the elbow?"

Im not sure about elbow, but he does wear a mobius wrist brace, said it totally saved him.
|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

12/25/2017 10:48 AM

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

I got him winning 12

He hasn't won 12 races over the last 3-4 years. However long he has been racing the 450.

|

12/25/2017 10:49 AM

neverwasfastenuf wrote:

If he lines up at every event and finishes at least 13 events I'm thinking he's gonna be on the top step at least 4 times. If he gets on a roll the only thing that will stop him will be how hard he hits the ground.

Or this guy named Tomac

|

12/25/2017 10:55 AM
Edited Date/Time: 12/25/2017 10:56 AM

Nesc39 wrote:

5thgearpinnedJB65 wrote:

Not to try and call you out or anything you could be pro for all I know but when you go out and ride and push the limits of yourself on a bike you respect what he can do like he's corner speed even small things like how prescise he is on the landings or even line choice in the middle of a race I mean look at marvin he jumps through whoops you know how hard that is to do I guess I respect that more than tomac's no fear and gun it style and when you watch roczen you can just see that he is the fastest guy on the track

Periods are overrated

|

12/25/2017 11:03 AM

struth wrote:

ocscottie wrote:

fox1nz wrote:

I suffered the same break in my elbow as Kenny. I have lost 20% of extension and rotation. That was 14 years ago, for the most part riding isn't a issue, however I have suffered a couple of hard hypertension when riding and they just nail the elbow for a good few weeks. I wonder if he's got a brace on the elbow?

The thing is medicine has came along way in the past 14 years. It's awesome that your still able to ride. Plus Ken has access to the best Drs that we normal people just don't.

|