8/28/2018 6:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 7:49 PM

?rel=0&controls=0

From Transworld.

?rel=0
|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/28/2018 6:26 PM

I'm not sure why ....but this announcement is just " meh..." For me. Not only did we already know he was jumping up the 450 team , but this dude Freakin' bugs me. Just something about him I don't care for. I'll also go out on a limb and say he won't ever do jack shit in the 450 class. He ain't got " it " in him. Just my $0.02.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Pimpin' Ho's , Rollin' fatty's......drinkin' beers , beers , beers!! ~ Ja

8/28/2018 6:38 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I'm not sure why ....but this announcement is just " meh..." For me. Not only did we already know he was jumping up the 450 team , but this dude Freakin' bugs me. Just something about him I don't care for. I'll also go out on a limb and say he won't ever do jack shit in the 450 class. He ain't got " it " in him. Just my $0.02.

You gotta realize we are fanatics. Most casual fans or even regular fans don’t dive deep into every moto podcast or read moto forums. Most people didn’t know this was the plan.

On top of that, why you so mad? Lol. He seems like a fitting #2 team rider. I’m excited for him. He’s got a year to show if he’s got it, let him have it. JG has already peaked and is on his downward slope and can barely manage to even make it to any races. It’s an upgrade, for sure.

|

8/28/2018 6:40 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 6:48 PM

Check here (instead of the vid link above), and get more photos and details, too. wink

https://www.vitalmx.com/features/First-Date-Joey-Savatgy-Joins-Monster-Energy-Kawasaki,6185

|

8/28/2018 6:42 PM

Hope they paid a top 10 price and not something crazy. Will be a good 2nd guy to Tomac though.

|

8/28/2018 6:47 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

You gotta realize we are fanatics. Most casual fans or even regular fans don’t dive deep into every moto podcast or read moto forums. Most people didn’t know this was the plan.

On top of that, why you so mad? Lol. He seems like a fitting #2 team rider. I’m excited for him. He’s got a year to show if he’s got it, let him have it. JG has already peaked and is on his downward slope and can barely manage to even make it to any races. It’s an upgrade, for sure.

Not mad at all man , so I don't know why what I said came across that way? I just don't like the guy , and probably my least favorite rider out there. He's now got his shot on the big bikes , so maybe he'll prove me wrong. Personally....I doubt it.

|

And there goes Jeffro. One of God's own prototypes. A super high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

8/28/2018 6:49 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I pretty much feel the same way. The guy had so many opportunities to win championships and always had a great bike but just never had what it takes to make it happen. I get that he's a #2 guy but if I were kawi I would go for a riskier pick. Someone who could have an outside chance of being a contender. No one will be shocked if savatgy is a consistent top 10 guy with maybe a top 5 here and there but does anyone expect him to ever compete for a championship? I sure don't.

|

8/28/2018 6:50 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 7:32 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

Not mad at all man , so I don't know why what I said came across that way? I just don't like the guy , and probably my least favorite rider out there. He's now got his shot on the big bikes , so maybe he'll prove me wrong. Personally....I doubt it.

I guess it’s that it is an awesome achievement that many people dream of and all you can do is throw shade at the guy.

|

8/28/2018 6:53 PM

Luklearmissile wrote:

I pretty much feel the same way. The guy had so many opportunities to win championships and always had a great bike but just never had what it takes to make it happen. I get that he's a #2 guy but if I were kawi I would go for a riskier pick. Someone who could have an outside chance of being a contender. No one will be shocked if savatgy is a consistent top 10 guy with maybe a top 5 here and there but does anyone expect him to ever compete for a championship? I sure don't.

Please tell me of the title contender you’d get for the same price as Savatgy. Shit, give me a title contender that isn’t already signed.

|

8/28/2018 6:55 PM

aeffertz wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:

aeffertz wrote:

I guess it’s that it is an awesome achievement that many people dream of and all you can do is throw shade at the guy.

Well.... I'm throwing shade because I don't like him. So there is that. Not going to be all " Stoked " and " Super pumped " for the guy......just don't give a shit really.

|

8/28/2018 7:00 PM

So funny all these losers hating on Joey. Not not a fan but dang he gets some hate. I don’t get it he took the Osborne deal like a champ. He’s had about as good of a 250 career without getting a championship kinda like Seely but Joey won outdoors. This season did go terrible for him but he’ll do fine

|

8/28/2018 7:01 PM

laughing fair enough!
|

8/28/2018 7:02 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 7:04 PM

Im happy for him. Great #2 for the team. Hes an Osborne block pass away from an sx championship so its not like the dudes a bum. Solid upgrade from Grant. Nothing wrong with Grant hes just a lot older now. Gonna be nice having these new young hungry riders moving up- except Osbourne hes not young lol but still great to have him too. Are all these guys moving up from the rule change? Seems like forever guys just stayed down in the 250s and either eventually won and moved up or retired. Veryy few 450 slots opened up until you won a few championships. To the point where the 450 class outside of top 10 is the privateer class. Now we have Savatgy, ZO, JM, AP. Going to be great having a deeper 450 field while allowing the newer guys like Forkner, Ferrandis, AC go for a title. Welcome change.

|

8/28/2018 7:10 PM

GuyB wrote:

Check here (instead of the vid link above), and get more photos and details, too. wink

https://www.vitalmx.com/features/First-Date-Joey-Savatgy-Joins-Monster-Energy-Kawasaki,6185

Posted it so guys could discuss it as opposed to simply comment on it.

As you see it's going well lol.

|

"Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower."

8/28/2018 7:17 PM

I think I've said it before but I'll say it again. Factory Kawi could be in for some frustrating weekends between Joey and Eli. Obviously there are going to be plenty of great weekends as well but both riders have shown at times they are just off or can come completely unraveled when things go wrong.

|

8/28/2018 7:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/28/2018 7:39 PM

2 things:

1) shave
2) he says he’s having fun like 39 times but doesn’t seem like he’s having fun.
3) he will be fine if he stays healthy!

|

8/28/2018 7:47 PM

jeffro503 wrote:

I agree. Don’t know what it is, but I am just not a huge fan. I will pick him over certain guys, but against AP or Zacho, I just can’t cheer for him. I know his cousin pretty well, so I want to like him, I really do! There’s just something holding me back though.

|

2017 RMZ450
2005 YZ250-sold :,(
1998 YZ250
2005 KX250F

80% of the time it works every time
IG @hammerfamily_4 & @2HRacing
Thanks to : Factory Effex, N2Dirt, Acerbis, DT1, Fasthouse, Matix, FMF, ASV, 100% & Mika Metals

8/28/2018 9:07 PM

He should've kicked Osborn's ass after the race, grabbed the championship plate, and slung it like a Frisbee into the crowd but he rolled over. I do wish him well and look fwd to him and Webb bang'n bar's and butt'n heads...it's gonna happen.

|

There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear.