Vital MX Forum QNA: Kyle Partridge

12/1/2015 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2015 5:24pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Kyle, first off, hope you're healing up and feeling better. Second, I appreciate your time and the opportunity to come on here for us to ask...
Kyle, first off, hope you're healing up and feeling better. Second, I appreciate your time and the opportunity to come on here for us to ask questions.

My question centers around education. wjat are your thoughts and experiences regarding education and the schooling of motocross guys as they come up through the ranks. Are there any areas that you feel could be improved, and if so, how?
I was never home schooled. My parents were very big on me going to public school and having a "social life." Of which I am super thankful for.. Landon (my son) will attend public school regardless to what he is doing. I think it's very important for kids to have a "back up" plan. How many guys do you think can say they have made a "career" out of riding a Dirtbike?
hvaughn88
12/1/2015 5:42pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
Kyle, first off, hope you're healing up and feeling better. Second, I appreciate your time and the opportunity to come on here for us to ask...
Kyle, first off, hope you're healing up and feeling better. Second, I appreciate your time and the opportunity to come on here for us to ask questions.

My question centers around education. wjat are your thoughts and experiences regarding education and the schooling of motocross guys as they come up through the ranks. Are there any areas that you feel could be improved, and if so, how?
I was never home schooled. My parents were very big on me going to public school and having a "social life." Of which I am super...
I was never home schooled. My parents were very big on me going to public school and having a "social life." Of which I am super thankful for.. Landon (my son) will attend public school regardless to what he is doing. I think it's very important for kids to have a "back up" plan. How many guys do you think can say they have made a "career" out of riding a Dirtbike?
Thank you for the response. I agree that it's very important and I think it's awesome your parents made sure you attended school.
RCB33
Fantasy
139th
12/1/2015 7:04pm
Also,do you ever lurk on here at all?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
846th
12/1/2015 8:04pm
Hey Kyle, hope you are healing up well. I watched you from the time Mini Warriors came out. I was really looking forward to seeing you come out swinging with Cycle Trader Yamaha in 2016. Now for my question. What is your take on kids moving up from 85's and jumping straight to 250f's? Do you think that jump is fine or do you think that there needs to be that stepping stone of a 125/150 2 stroke?

The Shop

12/2/2015 6:40am
you have raced a bunch of different brands of bikes, what bike was your favorite?what bike totally sucked no matter what you did to it?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
12/2/2015 7:30am
RCB33 wrote:
His account was created in 2009. Wink
12/2/2015 8:19am Edited Date/Time 12/2/2015 8:22am
mattyhamz2 wrote:
Hey Kyle, hope you are healing up well. I watched you from the time Mini Warriors came out. I was really looking forward to seeing you...
Hey Kyle, hope you are healing up well. I watched you from the time Mini Warriors came out. I was really looking forward to seeing you come out swinging with Cycle Trader Yamaha in 2016. Now for my question. What is your take on kids moving up from 85's and jumping straight to 250f's? Do you think that jump is fine or do you think that there needs to be that stepping stone of a 125/150 2 stroke?
I believe that kids should have that 125 at least to have that stepping stone for sure.. The power of a 250f from a 85 is huuuuge I think anyone who rides knows that.. And I believe we wouldn't be having so many kids getting hurt their first year transitioning into big bikes.
12/2/2015 8:21am
you have raced a bunch of different brands of bikes, what bike was your favorite?what bike totally sucked no matter what you did to it?
I've always been a Honda guy. The bike all around is a great bike. For a vet rider the stock Honda is one of the best bikes out... But to be competitive in supercross you gotta do a lot of work to them to make them very good. The Yamaha on the other hand is very good stock and a pipe wakes her up really good. Once I think you find a good setting on the Yamaha that makes the bike a little more predictable as far as its handling goes and I believe you got the best bike on the track. Worst bike? I'd say the kawi.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/2/2015 10:26am
RCB33 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
And I didn't create it. Smile
12/2/2015 11:20am
RCB33 wrote:
ML512 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
And I didn't create it. Smile
I like to see the drama on the sites.
DMG
12/2/2015 11:57am
If I could do it all over again or better yet change anything..? I would have never taken my Sycuan deal to Hart and Huntington.
You answered my first question.

Did you feel they used you for that? How is your relationship with watson now?
HenryA
12/2/2015 3:11pm
Who came up with the idea to paint the CRF frames white?
daemon616
12/2/2015 6:50pm
Ramrod wrote:
Can you describe one of the most memorable SX passes I have ever watched? That was the best! Thanks!! [url= https://youtu.be/LQcsbrJMgmg" frameborder="0">]
Can you describe one of the most memorable SX passes I have ever watched? That was the best! Thanks!!

">
I can still remember getting that feeling you get going down the drop of a roller coaster at the end of that and coming out of...
I can still remember getting that feeling you get going down the drop of a roller coaster at the end of that and coming out of the next corner saying to my self "holy shit that was close." Haha definitely was the coolest thing I accidently pulled off. Once that front wheel came up anyone who's hit a set of whoops that fast knows if you drop into one of those things going that fast it's instant game over. So once it came up I just used my long legs and pulled it...
Arlington SX ftw. I was there and it was even better in person!
Mit12
12/2/2015 7:41pm
Kyle, thanks for doing this.
We hear all the time how bad purse money and sponsorship money is for the riders out side of the top few. In saying that I see you as a pretty successful privateer probably one of the top in my book. You would be the the person that falls in that category. In saying that can a rider of your ability make enough money in their career to retire and live comfortably? I know that this is a personal question that you might not want to answer and I respect your decision if you do not answer.
Thank you again for doing this and good luck in your future endeavors.
jeffro503
12/2/2015 7:48pm
Damn it! I've been off the boards for bit , so I didn't see this until now. No real question for you Kyle , just really bummed to hear you are hanging up the boots! You were one of the privateer's I really cheered for. I wish you the best after you get healed up and onto your next venture. Hopefully you visit the board here more often too. Nice chatting with guys that have been in the mix.
Sawfish
12/2/2015 8:44pm
Hey Kyle, my moto claim to fame is you lapping me constantly at the old motor speedway track in the 80 class. Wishing you a speedy recovery and much success in whatever the future holds for you.
mxactive
12/3/2015 6:12am
Hi Kyle! Wishing you all the best all the way from Holland! Was great to meet you and making video, riding the Dutch Supercross Zuidbroek.

What would be your best motocross/SX-trip outside the USA?

Micahdogg
12/3/2015 12:29pm
Don't really have any questions for you Kyle, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to chat with me at STL SX last year. I was the guy who was taller (and probably lankier) than you and it was nice to chat about bike set ups for us tall folks. I was really looking forward to your new deal this year - now I'm just offering you best wishes and success in your future endeavors.

Gukamonster
12/3/2015 3:56pm
Did you ever work much with heavy machinery building or maintaining practice tracks or things like that? Ever thought of getting a job in the mining industry after you heal up? There are tons of mines in Nevada.

https://www.nevadamining.org/faq/

12/4/2015 2:49pm
Mit12 wrote:
Kyle, thanks for doing this. We hear all the time how bad purse money and sponsorship money is for the riders out side of the top...
Kyle, thanks for doing this.
We hear all the time how bad purse money and sponsorship money is for the riders out side of the top few. In saying that I see you as a pretty successful privateer probably one of the top in my book. You would be the the person that falls in that category. In saying that can a rider of your ability make enough money in their career to retire and live comfortably? I know that this is a personal question that you might not want to answer and I respect your decision if you do not answer.
Thank you again for doing this and good luck in your future endeavors.
Man, I hate to bash on a sport that I love so much but, when it comes to guys "like me" trying to make a career out of it... Let's just say it's not very likely hence why a lot of guys get out early and do something different. Let's say you get last place in the 450 main. You're looking at I believe 21 and 22 get paid the same amount as 5th place in the 450 lcq $1850 20th jumps to $2,025 and only goes up in increments of I believe 50 dollars all the way to 8th place. When you're a guy like me with no outside endorsements it's pretty important to make the mains and remain healthy the entire year or else you have no income. So to say a guy like me will ever make enough money to retire on is a long shot. You're talking about maybe 5-10% of dudes in the world being able to retire off racing a Dirtbike.
therealVB99
12/4/2015 4:58pm Edited Date/Time 12/4/2015 6:25pm
Do you have any advice for the weekend warriors who really struggle to get better (not enough seat time) due to school/ work etc? I guess I'm asking how to get the most out of few practice days.
TallonT911
12/4/2015 6:59pm
Hey Kyle, I've raced against you and your brother a few times out at bcmx, well we started together but I never really saw you haha. It was cool having a hometown guy on tv!
Where did you ride when you lived in Vegas? I'm not really a big fan of sandy so I usually just ride sand tracks in Jean or boulder.
kb
12/6/2015 12:57pm
Hey, Kyle- You looked great @ the straight rhythm, & I was stoked to hear of
your Cycle Trader deal in '16...Good luck in the future-
12/7/2015 11:35am
TallonT911 wrote:
Hey Kyle, I've raced against you and your brother a few times out at bcmx, well we started together but I never really saw you haha...
Hey Kyle, I've raced against you and your brother a few times out at bcmx, well we started together but I never really saw you haha. It was cool having a hometown guy on tv!
Where did you ride when you lived in Vegas? I'm not really a big fan of sandy so I usually just ride sand tracks in Jean or boulder.
Looks like its been awhile since he's popped in, but to answer this one, we rode anywhere we could. It was the Speedway just about every Tuesday and Thursday before they shut down, and a lot of time spent at apex in the 115 degree summer. Hollywood was popular before the Air Force took over, and we spent most every weekend in California or Utah. Our Dad was the believer of 'practice what you race', so we spent as much time as possible on the roughest tracks available.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/7/2015 12:21pm
Thanks for doing this, KP...you're off the hook now. Smile

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Kyle Partridge

The Latest