Vital MX Forum QNA: Kyle Partridge

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/30/2015 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 4/10/2017 4:41pm

This week's guest in the Vital MX forum QNA is Kyle Partridge. Over the years we've seen the lanky Nevada rider on everything from bare-bones privateer gear to the best equipment available. He was lined up for a return to Supercross action with the CycleTrader.com/Rock River/Yamaha team, but a second round with a broken neck derailed those plans. So what would you like to know from KP?

Bring your best questions, and he'll be peeking in here this week to answer them. As always, keep it respectful, and ask questions that you would like in a face-to-face meeting.

|
marx41
Fantasy
924th
11/30/2015 6:23pm
Kyle,

What are your plans now that you've decided to hang it up racing and you're recovered? Try to stay in the industry or find something unrelated?

Also, anything else aside from your gofundme drive we can do to help you out as you recover? Get well bud.

Marx
Idaho747
11/30/2015 6:36pm
Kyle

Ever since I saw you race the Heber city arenacross in Utah and had you give me couple pointers on the track I have been a big fan.

What would you say your biggest achievement in racing is?
11/30/2015 7:00pm
marx41 wrote:
Kyle, What are your plans now that you've decided to hang it up racing and you're recovered? Try to stay in the industry or find something...
Kyle,

What are your plans now that you've decided to hang it up racing and you're recovered? Try to stay in the industry or find something unrelated?

Also, anything else aside from your gofundme drive we can do to help you out as you recover? Get well bud.

Marx
Honestly I haven't really gotten that far yet. I am only about 2 weeks out of having this sucker fused together again. I would definitely like to stay inside the industry obviously cause it's what I know... As far as id there's anything else to help. My sister set that up for me and the outreach has been unreal!! That's all I've got set up now.
11/30/2015 7:02pm
Idaho747 wrote:
Kyle Ever since I saw you race the Heber city arenacross in Utah and had you give me couple pointers on the track I have been...
Kyle

Ever since I saw you race the Heber city arenacross in Utah and had you give me couple pointers on the track I have been a big fan.

What would you say your biggest achievement in racing is?
Good ole heber tucky, I had a lot of fun up there.. My greatest achievement I guess would be my 12th last year... Then to back it up. Maybe a 12th on paper doesn't say much but to me it meant the most cause I worked pretty hard for that... My 6th at SF supercross in 2007 in the lites class was cool also.

The Shop

nytsmaC
11/30/2015 8:40pm
Kyle, what tips can you give to other tall riders? I assume that like many of us, you've found that some riding techniques just don't work as intended for most and you have had to develop your own ways to compensate for your long limbs.

What bike setups worked positively and negatively for you? It seems that some tall guys like tall bars while others like them low, etc.

Being 6'7 it feels like sometimes it takes a lot more strength to move around on the bike than it should, and I get tired quickly and it results in sitting way too much. But that could be because I'm fat and out of shape. Please discuss.

Sorry to hear about your latest injury, I wish you well in your retirement. You were hauling ass at Straight Rhythm and I was cheering for you.
11/30/2015 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 11/30/2015 9:04pm
nytsmaC wrote:
Kyle, what tips can you give to other tall riders? I assume that like many of us, you've found that some riding techniques just don't work...
Kyle, what tips can you give to other tall riders? I assume that like many of us, you've found that some riding techniques just don't work as intended for most and you have had to develop your own ways to compensate for your long limbs.

What bike setups worked positively and negatively for you? It seems that some tall guys like tall bars while others like them low, etc.

Being 6'7 it feels like sometimes it takes a lot more strength to move around on the bike than it should, and I get tired quickly and it results in sitting way too much. But that could be because I'm fat and out of shape. Please discuss.

Sorry to hear about your latest injury, I wish you well in your retirement. You were hauling ass at Straight Rhythm and I was cheering for you.
I've tried it all. Tall seats, clamp risers, ape hangers. I could tell you my setup last year was pretty basic. I ran the Ride Engineering clamps with their riser spacers and Tag bars that are similar to Renthal 997s.
Sully
11/30/2015 9:04pm
Thanks for doing this, Kyle. I don't have a question, I just wanted to say that I loved watching you and Chiz at Straight Rhythm. Some of the best racing of the whole show.
fullfloater
Fantasy
14th
11/30/2015 9:04pm
If you hadn't found motocross at an early age, what would you have done instead?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
11/30/2015 9:05pm
Kyle, if you could do it all over again, what would you change?
Daniel816
11/30/2015 10:06pm
Kyle, I watched you a few years back in Reno at the Exit 28 race, are those type of races more fun with a laid back style or do you still feel the same pressure and stress as say an Anahiem 1?

Get healed up soon!
shuggs
12/1/2015 1:33am
Right fast guys are just fast but in your opinion how do you prepare for SX the first time? Is it simply pounding out the laps at test track to get timing and then trying to build up speed/ confidence/ bike set up?

What is it that separates the top guys (ie anyone that makes a main!!!)
Slosh 112
12/1/2015 1:43am
Hey mate, I've got 2 easy ones for ya.

What was your favourite bike and why?

Wich season did you enjoy the most and why?

Thanks.

colintrax
Fantasy
2302nd
12/1/2015 8:02am
Thanks for coming on here, I've just got one question.

After that nasty crash, do you plan on doing any motosports again? Be it slow trail rides, to a new career in nascar.

Thanks again, and good luck with your next career endeavor
Sandberm
12/1/2015 8:56am
Who was your favorite guy to work with in the industry and why? It could be a team owner, mechanic, sponsor,another rider, anybody really.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1880th
12/1/2015 9:07am
Can you describe one of the most memorable SX passes I have ever watched? That was the best! Thanks!!

">
mxtech1
12/1/2015 10:12am
What's your all time favorite tire combo?
andyman
12/1/2015 11:22am
Hi Kyle!

Tell us what was the best setup change or new part that made big difference to your riding. Something that made thinks work for you.

I crashed few days before you, hit my head hard and broke my wrist. When i was lying on on the ground i was scared to move my feet because i was not sure that they would move. I was at the hospital after my surgery when i heard about you. That was kinda the last thing that made my decision to stop riding. So let's find some other things we can enjoy in life. Get well soon!
12/1/2015 1:57pm
GuyB wrote:
Kyle, if you could do it all over again, what would you change?
If I could do it all over again or better yet change anything..? I would have never taken my Sycuan deal to Hart and Huntington.
12/1/2015 1:59pm
Daniel816 wrote:
Kyle, I watched you a few years back in Reno at the Exit 28 race, are those type of races more fun with a laid back...
Kyle, I watched you a few years back in Reno at the Exit 28 race, are those type of races more fun with a laid back style or do you still feel the same pressure and stress as say an Anahiem 1?

Get healed up soon!
I prefer the little money races... Brings me back to why I race with my buddies. They are much more laid back,fun,mellow events.
jasonv43
12/1/2015 2:26pm
Kyle,

Wish you the best of luck in the future with whatever you do. Wishing you a speedy recovery too.

If you don't want to go into this that is fine I completely understand. But I've always wanted to know the full story behind this crash with you and James.
https://youtu.be/DAXxTCQCCFM
jasonv43
12/1/2015 2:27pm
Ramrod wrote:
Can you describe one of the most memorable SX passes I have ever watched? That was the best! Thanks!! [url= https://youtu.be/LQcsbrJMgmg" frameborder="0">]
Can you describe one of the most memorable SX passes I have ever watched? That was the best! Thanks!!

">
That was so badass!!!
12/1/2015 2:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2015 4:16pm
Sandberm wrote:
Who was your favorite guy to work with in the industry and why? It could be a team owner, mechanic, sponsor,another rider, anybody really.
My favorite guy to work with... Man that's a hard one. I've been pretty fortunate to have had the help from many people. And I'm super thankful for them helping kind of "pave my way" but recently working with the people at the CycleTrader.com/Rock River/Yamaha team and how much they emphasize on working together as a team. I would say was what I was looking forward to most next year as we would of been good... So Christina and her husband who is a genius were 2 of my favorites.
12/1/2015 2:31pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Kyle, Wish you the best of luck in the future with whatever you do. Wishing you a speedy recovery too. If you don't want to go...
Kyle,

Wish you the best of luck in the future with whatever you do. Wishing you a speedy recovery too.

If you don't want to go into this that is fine I completely understand. But I've always wanted to know the full story behind this crash with you and James.
https://youtu.be/DAXxTCQCCFM
The full story is pretty clear in the video. First lap of the heat I jumped the triple and James crossed all the way over after he looked back.. He was already committed to where he was going and I had no where to go and landed on him.
12/1/2015 2:35pm
Ramrod wrote:
Can you describe one of the most memorable SX passes I have ever watched? That was the best! Thanks!! [url= https://youtu.be/LQcsbrJMgmg" frameborder="0">]

">
I can still remember getting that feeling you get going down the drop of a roller coaster at the end of that and coming out of the next corner saying to my self "holy shit that was close." Haha definitely was the coolest thing I accidently pulled off. Once that front wheel came up anyone who's hit a set of whoops that fast knows if you drop into one of those things going that fast it's instant game over. So once it came up I just used my long legs and pulled it...
jasonv43
12/1/2015 3:02pm
The full story is pretty clear in the video. First lap of the heat I jumped the triple and James crossed all the way over after...
The full story is pretty clear in the video. First lap of the heat I jumped the triple and James crossed all the way over after he looked back.. He was already committed to where he was going and I had no where to go and landed on him.
I hear ya man. Just remember how frustrated you were at that when it happened. Did you and James every talk more about it later on?

Hey what ever happened to Red Seven Ride Co?
mx295
12/1/2015 3:18pm Edited Date/Time 12/1/2015 3:21pm
Hey Kyle,
I was flagging at a race in Victorville in 03 and you crashed hard on a pretty big jump and got hauled off. My question is what injury did you get from that crash? And does your brother still ride?
RCB33
Fantasy
90th
12/1/2015 3:43pm
Who did you look up to most as a rider growing up? And best of luck in the future!
hvaughn88
12/1/2015 4:23pm
Kyle, first off, hope you're healing up and feeling better. Second, I appreciate your time and the opportunity to come on here for us to ask questions.

My question centers around education. wjat are your thoughts and experiences regarding education and the schooling of motocross guys as they come up through the ranks. Are there any areas that you feel could be improved, and if so, how?
12/1/2015 5:17pm
RCB33 wrote:
Who did you look up to most as a rider growing up? And best of luck in the future!
I looked up to Kevin Windham my whole life. He was my idol!!! I still have his #1 jersey when he rode for factory Yamaha on a 125 in my jersey collection.

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Kyle Partridge

The Latest