Vital MX Forum QNA: Justin Barcia

Detroit Dick
3/10/2016 3:17pm
No questions for you. Just wanna say Kick Some Ass in the Nationals this year! You're obviously working hard and have the skills to pay the bills. Keep doing the work and the wins will come.
3/10/2016 5:49pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 10:04pm
Justin, I think I can speak for most everyone when I tell you how proud of your ride at MXON I was. What an effort! Aside...
Justin, I think I can speak for most everyone when I tell you how proud of your ride at MXON I was. What an effort!

Aside from getting injured, you seem more at peace with things. Am I perceiving that correctly?

Also gotta know...just how hard does that #51 450 hit? Thanks for coming by!
Thanks, man, appreciate it. I love MXDN, and I am for sure more at peace with myself these days. When things beat you down you just have to get back at it and try again... that JGR 450 is a animal. Smile
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 5:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 10:03pm
jonboy688 wrote:
loved the write up with the make a wish with the young kid, I became a huge fan because of that!! anyways what is your fav...
loved the write up with the make a wish with the young kid, I became a huge fan because of that!! anyways what is your fav place to eat in nc?
Thank you. Ilove giving back in any way I can. I'm actually a good dude. LOL
I haven't found anything too exciting yet. I like to cook for my self, actually.
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 5:58pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 10:02pm
Calihusky wrote:
Justin, thanks for coming on to answer questions! I'm a big fan and love your riding style. I had 2 questions-the first is that you have...
Justin, thanks for coming on to answer questions! I'm a big fan and love your riding style.

I had 2 questions-the first is that you have always worn a neck brace at the highest level of racing and I was wondering your thoughts on that issue.

The 2nd question is that I know you are a pilot and I was wondering what plane you are currently flying and if you ever fly yourself to the races? Do you have an ultimate goal for a particular license like instrument or twin engine?

Thanks!
Great questions! I have been an Alpinestars guys for a long time now. They make great comfortable equipment that I trust.
I love flying, but the past few years I have dedicated all my time to racing. I have flown myself with a friend/pilot to a few races in a Cirrus SR 22. One day I would love to have my own plane and fly around.
Thanks.
justin

The Shop

3/10/2016 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 10:00pm
Ramrod wrote:
Hi Justin, has anyone ever told you that with your riding style you would have fit in great in the early 90's? By that I mean...
Hi Justin, has anyone ever told you that with your riding style you would have fit in great in the early 90's? By that I mean your aggressive nature.

Don't change a thing, you are great to watch race and bring the entertainment. Best of luck as soon as you come back!
I wish I was racing in the 90s. No BS, just a bunch of dudes kicking ass.
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 10:00pm
51xc wrote:
hey justin, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions. i follow you on strava and seen you went to see tom d and trained...
hey justin, thanks for taking the time to answer our questions.

i follow you on strava and seen you went to see tom d and trained at his camp. i kind of read in between lines that he might is coaching you on the bicycle now and just like to know how you guys got introduced and how long till we see you line up at tour de france. haha.

you definitely picked up a new level on the bicycle and i hope it will benefit you greatly on the dirt bike. good luck to you and your team! you guys seem to really work well together!
I have known Tom for a few years now. I got hurt and took the opportunity to go train with him. He's a great person and teacher. I learned a ton and it will transfer over to the MX bike when i get back to racing.
Thanks.
jb51
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
3/10/2016 6:06pm
Hey Justin,
I'm a big fan, love your style on the dirt bike!

Do you enjoy mountain biking more in California or Florida?
3/10/2016 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:59pm
Money wrote:
How come you couldn't take ur long time mechanic with you to Jgr?
JGR had a mechanic on their race team already.
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:59pm
huck wrote:
Did you have to change your riding style from the 250 to the 450. You were known for over-revving the 250, so was it hard to...
Did you have to change your riding style from the 250 to the 450. You were known for over-revving the 250, so was it hard to get used to the bigger bike?

Good luck on your recovery!
Yeah, the big bike is a challenging machine. You for sure need to show it some respect. Bud-man Antunez has helped me a ton with that the last year.
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:58pm
Motofinne wrote:
You have done a few MXdNs for USA(and done really well) so you know how it is to race races outside the US. What do you...
You have done a few MXdNs for USA(and done really well) so you know how it is to race races outside the US. What do you think about the des Nations and would you race the whole MXGP series someday if you would get the opportunity?
I would love to race the MXGP series if it was possible. I love racing outside the USA. It's always stressful, but I'm pretty good under pressure.
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 6:18pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:57pm
Justin,

When you had Dungy behind you at Redbud last year were you pacing him or riding flat out?

Matthew
It was a hell of a race I was riding at my A game that day, but when he went faster so did I..
I was in control for the most part. Hahaha.
Thanks.
jb51
3/10/2016 6:22pm
Hey Justin, pretty big fan here. Just wanted to start off by congratulating you on your huge success over the past year in transitioning from Honda to the JGR Yamaha team. My brother and I were at RedBud last summer and it was really exciting to watch you win that race. The entire crowd was going wild for sure. My questions would be -

1.) What type of chest protection/body armor do you run underneath your jersey? Is it also Alpinestars?
2.) Speaking of the 90s above, who was your inspiration growing up and while rising through the MX ranks?
3.) Will we see a return of the gnarly beard? Cool

Really appreciate you taking the time to answer all of our questions. Wish you luck and a speedy return so you can start kicking ass and fighting for a title again, especially this Outdoor season.
MXR
3/10/2016 7:07pm
Justin , do you ever get out and have some fun on a 2 stroke ? 125 , 250 or 500 ?
MXR
3/10/2016 7:10pm
What is your favorite outdoor track ?
colintrax
Fantasy
2363rd
3/10/2016 9:46pm
Hey Justin, thanks for coming on here.
When you raced the MXDN, did you make any major changes to the bike or did you just run your standard outdoor setup?
Also, there's been some rumors of JGR changing brands. I know you can't comment on that, and I'm sure you'd like to stay with the Yamahas. The YZ is a good bike and it seems to fit you well. However if JGR does change colors, which brand would you prefer?
Thanks again, hope to see you giving Tomac and Dungey a fight for the outdoor title.
3/11/2016 3:22am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 5:00am
Hey Justin. It's Nice of you to come here and answer our questions. I was able to see you racing for the first time at MXON last year, and damn, you were on it.

So I got 2 questions.

Last year you've raced against the best racers from both USA and MXGP. The question is, who do you think would be the toughest guy to beat in a full 18 races championship, Ryan Dungey or Romain Febvre ?

My second question is, are you watching every SX races even when you're out of it ? If yes, who do you think could take 250 East championship this year ?
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
3/11/2016 4:46am
Hey Justin,

Who was or is your favourite rival?

Thanks for taking the time and answer our questions!
shuggs
3/11/2016 1:00pm
What did you think when CP377 called you 'that pesky kid' while battling in lites? Was it job done as meant you were pushing him hard?
3/11/2016 1:10pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:56pm
shuggs wrote:
What did you think when CP377 called you 'that pesky kid' while battling in lites? Was it job done as meant you were pushing him hard?
I loved it because I was in his head when I was only 16. haha
That's pretty much all I have to say about that. LOL
Thanks.
jb51
3/11/2016 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:55pm
Hey Justin, pretty big fan here. Just wanted to start off by congratulating you on your huge success over the past year in transitioning from Honda...
Hey Justin, pretty big fan here. Just wanted to start off by congratulating you on your huge success over the past year in transitioning from Honda to the JGR Yamaha team. My brother and I were at RedBud last summer and it was really exciting to watch you win that race. The entire crowd was going wild for sure. My questions would be -

1.) What type of chest protection/body armor do you run underneath your jersey? Is it also Alpinestars?
2.) Speaking of the 90s above, who was your inspiration growing up and while rising through the MX ranks?
3.) Will we see a return of the gnarly beard? Cool

Really appreciate you taking the time to answer all of our questions. Wish you luck and a speedy return so you can start kicking ass and fighting for a title again, especially this Outdoor season.
Thanks, man, I wear a pretty sick Alpinestars chest protector that has attachments to hold my neck brace in place.
Not sure about the beard at the moment. LOL
I'm a big fan of six-time Stanton. He's a badass.
Thanks.
jb51
3/11/2016 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 3/11/2016 9:54pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Hey Justin,
I'm a big fan, love your style on the dirt bike!

Do you enjoy mountain biking more in California or Florida?
Thank you. California has awesome trails, but I stick to road bikes these days, thanks.
jb51
zehn
3/11/2016 2:51pm
Hi Justin, big fan here from Alaska. I got to meet you at A1 in 2013 and it was an awesome experience. Love your hang-it-all-out no BS style. I'm really happy to see how well you've been doing at Yamaha.

My question is do you have any plans to get into bicycle racing later in life?

Thanks,

John
baisleyde
3/11/2016 5:03pm
Justin , what was your favorite track to race at in upstate NY back in the day ?

The announcer at diamondback mentions your name every time I race there , he is so pumped up that you used to race there.
Starcrossed
3/12/2016 6:54am
Hey Justin, thanks for taking our questions, and hope to see you back racing Supercross in Santa Clara.
After being with Honda for so long, and considering the average length of contracts in pro motocross, did you have any reservations about committing three years in the prime of your career to a bike which was relatively unproven, and hadn't received the best reception amongst your peers. Was the term of the contract something that evolved during discussions, or was it a primary consideration for yourself or JGR at the outset. Would you have had any recourse if you found the bike totally unsuitable and had no desire to spend three years trying to get it figured out? Do the teams, in general, ever have minimum performance clauses, for factory 450 riders, which would let them release a rider whose results didn't meet the requirements?
rockyuno
3/12/2016 4:51pm
Hello Justin! Thanks for giving us the opportunity to ask you some questions, I'm from Argentina and I really appreciate this possibility.

Which is the best training advice you can give to guys like me that only can ride on weekends to become better and faster riders?
sostoked
3/12/2016 9:18pm
No question here, just want to thank you for making the racing just that much more exciting the last couple of years.

Keep going out there and ripping holeshots, putting a mtb on your lambo, and tellin Erin Bates she needs to put her rocks somewhere else.

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/13/2016 8:55am
Hey Justin, big fan of your riding! I grew in New York and noticed sometimes they say you grew up in NY. Where abouts did you grow up and where did you ride? Doesn't seem like the easiest to follow the dream of being a pro motocross rider in New England.

Thanks man, stoked to see you outdoors!
potatoflake
3/13/2016 10:06am
Hey Justin, we all know you were a huge amateur star, I was just wondering what you think of there being a 125 class added to the outdoors? Do you think it would be a good proving grounds for young talent or too much pressure too soon for the younger kids?
Keep being a badass!
plowboy
3/13/2016 2:10pm
Dear Mr. Barcia, when are you going to stop fooling around and start whooping @ss like I know you're capable of? You are one bad dude! Stay strong and show 'em all buddy.
njracer46
3/13/2016 6:07pm
Hey justin, is it true you were born in nj? ( you don't have to admit it if you don't want haha )

Cool to see you and wozney still riding together

Also thanks for that awesome race between you and dungey the one year at dilla. The one where you got together with him over the table on the last lap. Had me going nuts the whole 30 mins.

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Justin Barcia

The Latest