Vital MX Forum QNA: Jeremy Albrecht

imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
7/17/2015 9:44pm
500guy wrote:
if you have time one more question.

What do you like to do for fun not moto or family related , like fishing, hunting or something?
I like camping and snowboarding.
When you camp, do you go with wifi pcs etc or are you able to get out and leave the real world for a night or two? Your life seems like it is super stressful bro
7/17/2015 9:52pm
TripleFive wrote:
From a mechanical standpoint, has any NASCAR knowledge changed the way your bikes/parts are set-up/modified/built? Any examples? Kyle Busch is most similar to which current/former motocross...
From a mechanical standpoint, has any NASCAR knowledge changed the way your bikes/parts are set-up/modified/built? Any examples?

Kyle Busch is most similar to which current/former motocross rider and why?
they really help if we have something break or need ideas to test....engines are engines so they have lots of knowledge and things to try. We use the engineers when we design parts and what materails we should use. We have made triple clamps, fork lugs, linkages, ti pegs, gas tanks, shrouds, airbox, radiators, carbon parts etc...

I would say Kyle is like Barcia because they are both fast and aggressive.
7/17/2015 9:56pm
TripleFive wrote:
From a mechanical standpoint, has any NASCAR knowledge changed the way your bikes/parts are set-up/modified/built? Any examples? Kyle Busch is most similar to which current/former motocross...
From a mechanical standpoint, has any NASCAR knowledge changed the way your bikes/parts are set-up/modified/built? Any examples?

Kyle Busch is most similar to which current/former motocross rider and why?
they really help if we have something break or need ideas to test....engines are engines so they have lots of knowledge and things to try. We...
they really help if we have something break or need ideas to test....engines are engines so they have lots of knowledge and things to try. We use the engineers when we design parts and what materails we should use. We have made triple clamps, fork lugs, linkages, ti pegs, gas tanks, shrouds, airbox, radiators, carbon parts etc...

I would say Kyle is like Barcia because they are both fast and aggressive.
AWESOME!!! Thanks for participating in this!!!
7/17/2015 10:09pm
dsmith wrote:
hello Jeremy, how is working with coy now?.......what is you thought on the no long hair deal rule now?.........do have a relationship with stew at all?...what...
hello Jeremy,
how is working with coy now?.......what is you thought on the no long hair deal rule now?.........do have a relationship with stew at all?...what is your favorite food?...ill bet you favorite band is led zeppelin?..at what age did you know for sure that you wanted to be a mx/sx mechanic?
thanks

p.s. you don't have to answer all the questions...you can answer just one if you want....
Coy is great to work with. He works hard and is at work more than me. I like that Coy is not from our industry so he thinks outside the box.

I don't care if the guys have long hair , tattoo's or a beard or all of the above. If they work hard that is what matters to us.

I don't talk to Stew anymore.

mexican food is my favorite.

Led Zeppelin is not my favorite but it was Emigs so I have heard many songs. I think Emig over did it for me...lol

I did not think about it until my brother ask me to be his mechanic in 1991.

The Shop

7/17/2015 10:15pm
500guy wrote:
if you have time one more question.

What do you like to do for fun not moto or family related , like fishing, hunting or something?
I like camping and snowboarding.
imoto34 wrote:
When you camp, do you go with wifi pcs etc or are you able to get out and leave the real world for a night or...
When you camp, do you go with wifi pcs etc or are you able to get out and leave the real world for a night or two? Your life seems like it is super stressful bro
the best camping was Glamis before we moved to NC...I did not have wifi. Now we go to campgrounds and they have wifi so it's harder to check out mentally. It seems like it's never a good time to leave on vacation so you just have to go anyway sometimes. It can be stressful but it helps because Coy and his family are really good to work with.
7/17/2015 10:20pm
Hi Jeremy,

was there any HP power gains from Stewart's '02-'03-'04 KX125s?

Do you remember HP outputs from his KX125s?
I don't remember off the top off my head but I could find some old notes. They were fast for the time.
7/17/2015 10:35pm
JW381 wrote:
In your opinion, how much are bike sales impacted by what color bike wins on Saturday? (If you feel you can't answer that) How much of...
In your opinion, how much are bike sales impacted by what color bike wins on Saturday?

(If you feel you can't answer that)

How much of the stuff that factories R&D actually make it to production bikes, and how long does that process take?
I dont think winning is the only thing to sell a bike.I think it helps but others factors come into play...price, magazine tests, good dealer, rider personlaity etc... I hope you go buy a Yamaha and put it in the back of a Tundra with Nfab nerf bars on it and then go through the Wienershnitzel drive through...lol. It goes both ways for production bikes. The team could hit on something good to help production and the testing group can help the team. The hardest part is making a production bike for everyone.
Jono
7/17/2015 11:08pm
What do you consider to be the trickest bike youve ever wrenched on in the two stroke days?
I would say Stewarts KX125...We had a really good team of people.
Just following up on that question.

What made Stewarts KX 125 so trick say compared to other bikes in the field of that era? and how would it stand up to current 250Fs?
avidchimp
Fantasy
1182nd
7/18/2015 1:24am
I really think this is one of the best threads ever.

Thank you for doing this Jeremy. Your answers have been genuine and insightful.
Roostermx58
7/18/2015 5:36am
Jeremy,

In previous years, the sport has been mainly west coast based until JGR started up. Since JGR, it seems like more riders are buying houses and living on the east coast. Do you feel that requiring your riders to live in NC has a huge effect on your recruits? Also, are their any restrictions in the contract for the riders to not participate in other sports/activities that may cause injuries? (for ex. riding/racing mtn bikes, wake boarding, etc). If someone was interested in applying for a position at JGR, where would they inquire?

Much Thanks!
7/18/2015 7:41pm
Hi Jeremy. My questions relates to the mental aspect of racing. At the start of the season (especially SX) there might be up to 5 guys saying they are going to be winning, and it usually seems like a good portion of these guys are further back then they planned. Do teams send their rider(s) to a sports psychologist to deal with pressure, or when they are not meeting their expectations?
blusmbl
7/19/2015 6:55am
I just want to thank you for coming here and answering all of these questions with honest responses. You're by far the coolest dude in the pits!

I was the guy who Stewart/Greg gave 5 VIP passes to for the 2012 Indy SX and was hanging around near the JGR pit the whole time. I was too nervous to ask you to sign my copy of Frezno Smooth, lol
djc
7/19/2015 8:55pm
I see very high numbers spoken about on this forum but what does a jgr 450 race bike actually cost give of take a few k
OR Racer46
Fantasy
876th
7/19/2015 9:41pm
I have not eatin at a Wienershnitzel in probably 35 years And my son and I seen one in Reno on our way home from
Mammoth this year And stopped to eat . Had it not been for there support in Moto that would have been the last place on my mind .
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/20/2015 10:14am
Okay, gang, Jeremy is off the hook for his QNA. I have to say, he set the bar pretty high for future QNA sessions.

Thanks, J-Bone!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
7/20/2015 10:19am
GuyB wrote:
Okay, gang, Jeremy is off the hook for his QNA. I have to say, he set the bar pretty high for future QNA sessions.

Thanks, J-Bone!
Agreed, J-Bone killed it! Thanks again sir!
nytsmaC
7/20/2015 10:19am
GuyB wrote:

Thanks, J-Bone!
Mr. Bone hit this one out of the park, made this Q&A idea look brilliant! Good job Gibby. I hope whoever's next uses this for an example of how it should be done.
huck
7/20/2015 10:35am
GuyB wrote:

Thanks, J-Bone!
Here's a question for GuyB....

Do you have any 'industry types' coming up to you now, that it seems like the QNA is a success, asking to be featured on it?

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
7/20/2015 11:13am
huck wrote:
Here's a question for GuyB.... Do you have any 'industry types' coming up to you now, that it seems like the QNA is a success, asking...
Here's a question for GuyB....

Do you have any 'industry types' coming up to you now, that it seems like the QNA is a success, asking to be featured on it?

Not yet. Maybe some day we'll be lucky enough to have that happen. Smile
yak651
Fantasy
214th
7/20/2015 12:26pm
Thanks for taking the time!
gsxr6
7/20/2015 12:44pm
One of the coolest, and most informative threads I've ever read.
.kyle
7/20/2015 1:59pm
Hi Jeremy,

was there any HP power gains from Stewart's '02-'03-'04 KX125s?

Do you remember HP outputs from his KX125s?
I don't remember off the top off my head but I could find some old notes. They were fast for the time.
It would be great to know how much bhp his 125 used to make.

Mike Brown's 2003 PC kx125 was knocking on the door of 40bhp and Tyla Rattray's 2005 factory KTM 125 made 43bhp. I would have thought that the #259 kx would be in a similar power range.
FlaNard
7/20/2015 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2015 2:55pm
Thanks J-Bone! Very cool that you took the time to do this. Good luck with the team!

7/20/2015 3:21pm
GuyB wrote:

Thanks, J-Bone!
This was a great thread! J-Bone is a very cool cat for taking time to give us some pretty thorough answers. This thread set the bar pretty high for future Q&A's.

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Jeremy Albrecht

The Latest