Vital MX Forum QNA: Jeff Emig

Jeff Emig
12/25/2017 10:13pm
Rhino wrote:
Most here won't have a clue what I'm talking about, but how many years did you and MC, Ryno, MRC, etc run the JG sticker on...
Most here won't have a clue what I'm talking about, but how many years did you and MC, Ryno, MRC, etc run the JG sticker on your helmets? I have a few saved still.

Rhino,

We ran those for a few years. Jeff Grafton was a special person and he was taken from us way too soon...

Thanks for the message. Best wishes!
Jeff Emig
12/25/2017 11:03pm
752dad wrote:
First of all Jeff, thanks for taking the time to come on here and answer everyones questions. It makes me crazy when the broadcaster screams “Rider...
First of all Jeff, thanks for taking the time to come on here and answer everyones questions.
It makes me crazy when the broadcaster screams “Rider X makes a mistake” rather than “Rider X hit a huge kicker and almost swapped out” When a NASCAR driver spins or hits the wall they never say it’s a mistake. Your thoughts from a rider perspective?

Thanks again and happy holidays.
KC

Not sure exactly what your getting at, but for sure in Nascar there is more time to explain the situations.

Thanks again for the question. Best regards.
Jeff Emig
12/25/2017 11:06pm
mxfanWI wrote:
Hi Jeff - as a late 80s and 90s era rider myself I have been a long time fan and have become an even bigger fan...
Hi Jeff - as a late 80s and 90s era rider myself I have been a long time fan and have become an even bigger fan in more recent years. A comment and question:

I wanted to say as a fan, bench racer and overall motocross enthusiast, it is refreshing to have someone directly involved in the sport, like yourself, who makes an effort to reach out to the fans via social media and appearances at the races, etc. It is awesome to post something on instagram and receive a personal response or run into you at a Monster event and you take a minute to say hi and grab a quick pic. I personally wish more of the riders today would take the time for more personal interaction.

Question: If one wanted to set up a "Day with Fro" what would we need to do.
mxfanWI,

Thank you for the kind words. You can DM me about the "Day with Fro" idea, haha!

Best wishes!
sumdood
Fantasy
1333rd
12/25/2017 11:21pm
Hey Jeff, First off Merry Christmas to you and your family ! I don't have a serious question for you but am wondering if you still go out and ride at Ocotillo Wells ? We've bumped into (not literally lol) a few pro's out there over the years and it's always a big deal for the kids, you still ride out there ?

The Shop

Joko
Fantasy
239th
12/25/2017 11:36pm Edited Date/Time 12/25/2017 11:39pm
Hi Jeff,
As you are an individual who has been exposed to all areas of the MX industry, how can we get more tracks opened for existing and potential new riders? Would the manufacturers or aftermarket companies invest in running regularly open MX facilities at various states to grow and at least sustain the sport? More riding facilities would translate into more sales revenue. For example, if Husky owned a track, offered ride days to try out different models, it would be a win for everyone? Santa Clara lost their track, I’m in CT and we just lost CTMX; we used to be able to practice 2-4x a week, now we are probably only looking at riding at weekend events/races. Local zoning ordinances also limit new tracks from opening. Any suggestions you could offer would be appreciated, Thanks, Joe
brycepdh
12/26/2017 6:22am
MR. X wrote:
[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/12/22/233550/s1200_emig_bardrag.jpg[/img] Was this a sick bar dragging corner pic or the start to a crash?

Was this a sick bar dragging corner pic or the start to a crash?

Please comment on this picture and what was the reaction you received throughout that day... Were you the only one doing it like that and if I heard right that was at the 1992 mx des nations at Manjimup in Australia. Thank you for your time answering everyones other questions.
twotwosix
12/26/2017 10:20am Edited Date/Time 12/26/2017 10:25am
Jeff,

I know you and Ralph both catch a lot of flack from some OG SX fans, but I really do enjoy listening to you guys in the booth. It's apparent that you both take the job seriously and want to do the best you can each weekend to bring us a great show. Having said that, I have heard interviews from both you and Ralph and you guys both have some serious personality and are pretty funny guys. I hope you two can bring a little more of that into your broadcasts in 2018! I bet when they say 'cut' and you guys are off air we miss out on some good stuff each week! Maybe sneak a quick shot of your favorite adult beverage before the night show moving forward! Haha

Good luck for the upcoming SX season Fro!

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
12/26/2017 10:31am
Thanks for spending the time in here, Jeff. We'll call this another successful QNA in the books.
Jeff Emig
12/26/2017 12:42pm
Ted722 wrote:
Wow, hard to believe it's been almost 30 years since I saw you and Chris Neal have a good battle at the '88 Golden States at...
Wow, hard to believe it's been almost 30 years since I saw you and Chris Neal have a good battle at the '88 Golden States at Sandhill Ranch. Good memories from the Golden States.

If you were racing Outdoors today, what would you like or dislike about today/s tracks? Seems like they're more alike than different compared to when you raced.

Thanks for doing this!
ted,

I think that your analysis is spot on, and most riders feel the same. They do a tremendous job with the MX Championship right now though. But yes, all of the tracks seem to be the same. I miss the variety that the championship had in my days. You could say that there was most "natural terrain" back then...

Great question. All the best!
Park Boys
Fantasy
53rd
12/26/2017 12:47pm
What are your memories of the 1997 MxDN. I remember the track was in perfect shape but for the Sunday races they way over watered it. Which of course would help the Belgians. What do you remember about how things went down before the races on Sunday?
David934
12/28/2017 1:38am
Jeff, no question, I want just say Hi and thanks for some memories from MXoN Teutschenthal 2013
Your Shift gear combo back in the days is still for me best ever made!

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Jeff Emig

The Latest