Vital MX Forum QNA: Broc Tickle

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
Edited Date/Time 4/10/2017 4:41pm

This week's guest in the Vital MX forum QNA is Broc Tickle. While Broc's currently sidelined with a wrist injury, it's not preventing the RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing rider from hanging out here, and answering your questions. He was 11th at A1, and 14th at the first San Diego round, before a practice crash took him out. Over the years, he's ridden for RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing, Monster Energy Pro Circuit Kawasaki (where he was the 2011 SX West champ), and Star Racing Yamaha.

Bring your best questions, and he'll be peeking in here this week to answer them. As always, keep it respectful, and ask questions that you would like in a face-to-face meeting.

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/8/2016 7:04pm
No questions yet? You guys are slacking. Smile
Jimmy_Sloan
2/8/2016 7:32pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2016 7:33pm
Broc, thanks for taking your time to do this. When do you expect to be back racing, and what would you like to see from yourself results-wise? Also, how cool is it to work with RCH, RC, and Cary Hart? Good luck and get well soon!
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/8/2016 7:52pm
Broc, how long is your current contract with RCH through?
ML512
Fantasy
45th
2/8/2016 7:56pm
I have another... Ricky is a damn competitive dude... Has he ever bested one of your lap times during a test session? If so, how long did he go on about it and remind you of it? Laughing

The Shop

Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 8:23pm
Looking to make at least 5 rounds of supercross. No exact day to be back on the bike. Goal for myself coming back would be in the top 5. It's awesome, Ricky and Carey are really down to earth guys.
Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 8:29pm
My contract is just for 2016. RC has it still, Not sure if he has beat my times testing or practicing but he can be off a bike for months and lay it down still.
2/8/2016 8:33pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2016 8:34pm
Broc, thanks for taking the time to answer questions for all of us here.
My brother and I were able to meet you at Redbud last summer along with Kenny, which was gnarly. My questions for you are ...

1.) What is your favorite Outdoor track in the series?
2.) Who was your inspiration growing up as you moved through the MX ranks?
3.) Aside from all the training and hard work, how much fun is it to chill with Ricky and Ken on a daily basis?

Again, thanks for taking the time! Hope you heal quickly so you can start riding again.
Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 9:10pm
Broc, thanks for taking the time to answer questions for all of us here. My brother and I were able to meet you at Redbud last...
Broc, thanks for taking the time to answer questions for all of us here.
My brother and I were able to meet you at Redbud last summer along with Kenny, which was gnarly. My questions for you are ...

1.) What is your favorite Outdoor track in the series?
2.) Who was your inspiration growing up as you moved through the MX ranks?
3.) Aside from all the training and hard work, how much fun is it to chill with Ricky and Ken on a daily basis?

Again, thanks for taking the time! Hope you heal quickly so you can start riding again.
My favorite track is Red Bud, I really like Budds Creek and Ironman too. Growing up I always loved MC and after he retired I was a Reed and RC fan. It's cool to be around RC and Kenny. We as a team try to always have a good time.
Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 9:11pm
who is your favorite rch them member? i heard the swede is pretty rad
I'm a huge fan of the swede especially after this past weekend haha
jasonv43
2/8/2016 9:23pm
Broc,

Thanks for doing this and thanks for being a great role model for the sport.

What was this like?

Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
2/8/2016 9:28pm
Thanks for your time Broc.

1) At what point in time did you realize you had what it took to be a successful motorcycle racer? Was there a specific event that made up your mind?
2) What aspect of being a professional MX/SX racer has been the most trying and what have you done to combat that frustration? Did you expect that to be the hardest part?
3) Is there any part of being a pro MX/SX racer that you thought would be really difficult, but in retrospect has turned out to be pretty easy?
4) If you hadn't pursued this career, what do you think you'd be doing for a living?
Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 9:39pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Broc, Thanks for doing this and thanks for being a great role model for the sport. What was this like? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/08/123198/s1200_8205_cartickle_vegassx2011_c_417a9a.jpg[/img]
Broc,

What was this like?

No problem. I can't even explain it, such an amazing feeling. Nothing compares to that to me. Surreal for so long. Still feels like a dream when I look back at.
jasonv43
2/8/2016 9:50pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Broc, Thanks for doing this and thanks for being a great role model for the sport. What was this like? [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/02/08/123198/s1200_8205_cartickle_vegassx2011_c_417a9a.jpg[/img]
Broc,

What was this like?

No problem. I can't even explain it, such an amazing feeling. Nothing compares to that to me. Surreal for so long. Still feels like a dream...
No problem. I can't even explain it, such an amazing feeling. Nothing compares to that to me. Surreal for so long. Still feels like a dream when I look back at.
You earned it man CONGRATS!!! I wish you nothing but the best for the rest of your career and hope you get to experience more like it.

What advice would you give to the younger guys coming up?
Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 9:55pm
Thanks for your time Broc. 1) At what point in time did you realize you had what it took to be a successful motorcycle racer? Was...
Thanks for your time Broc.

1) At what point in time did you realize you had what it took to be a successful motorcycle racer? Was there a specific event that made up your mind?
2) What aspect of being a professional MX/SX racer has been the most trying and what have you done to combat that frustration? Did you expect that to be the hardest part?
3) Is there any part of being a pro MX/SX racer that you thought would be really difficult, but in retrospect has turned out to be pretty easy?
4) If you hadn't pursued this career, what do you think you'd be doing for a living?
When I was about 13-14 yrs old my family and I decided to go to the next level and make it more serious at the amateur level. It paid off the off the following year at amateur nationals and my results improved enough to get a ride with Star racing. It's everything, just handling the week in and week out of racing, training and travel. The most frustrating thing for me is having off days, obviously everyone has them but now that I've matured I've learned what's best for myself to do under these circumstances. With growing up and never doing much other than school and Moto that's a tough one. I would say another sport but it's hard to say when my childhood was mostly Moto
jasonv43
2/8/2016 9:56pm
Going from one extreme to the other. Would you care to take us through your thoughts on this?

Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 10:00pm
jasonv43 wrote:
You earned it man CONGRATS!!! I wish you nothing but the best for the rest of your career and hope you get to experience more like...
You earned it man CONGRATS!!! I wish you nothing but the best for the rest of your career and hope you get to experience more like it.

What advice would you give to the younger guys coming up?
Thanks I appreciate it. My favorite quote is " Don't give up, Don't give up!" Dream as big as you want, dreams come true and never rush learning new things. Kids are learning younger and younger and are just getting faster and faster. Most of all keep it FUN!!
Broc Tickle
2/8/2016 10:01pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Going from one extreme to the other. Would you care to take us through your thoughts on this? [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jaw2GM7IqmM/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]
Going from one extreme to the other. Would you care to take us through your thoughts on this?

Haha MAN! Sometimes things happen and you'll never understand, this is one of those for me
jasonv43
2/8/2016 10:12pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Going from one extreme to the other. Would you care to take us through your thoughts on this? [img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Jaw2GM7IqmM/maxresdefault.jpg[/img]

Haha MAN! Sometimes things happen and you'll never understand, this is one of those for me
Haha. Yeah I don't think the guy that did it understands either.

Ok locals only question:

Don Jose' or Vincenzo?Wink

I know not a lot of options anyways.
Spydee
2/9/2016 12:08am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2016 12:17am
Hey Broc! What's life really like behind closed doors at RCH? How much different is the atmosphere there compared to say your days at Pro Circuit Kawasaki?

Also, how's Kenny as a team mate, do you hang out with him much off the race track?

Heal up quickly man and all the best from across the pond!
2/9/2016 1:17am
Hey Broc

Why do you think the rmz is such an unappreciated bike? It's such a great cornering bike with a comfortable chassis. I'm a bit biased towards Suzuki... haha
Old-Man
2/9/2016 7:09am
Being from Holly, MI what are your thoughts on Baja Acres having a National one day?
TailSoHard
2/9/2016 7:35am
Hey Broc, thanks for hangin out with us! These QNA sessions are always really fun for us slow guys. Couple easy questions...

Flips or Whips?

Wheelies or Stoppies?

What part of your bike setup or adjustments has made the biggest difference for you? Something that just clicked and you went "ohhhh yeah, that's better"? Maybe a suspension setting, engine map, footpegs, bars, seat, etc...

If all the pro riders had to race one lap around a Supercross track on foot, do you think you'd podium?

How fun was it riding for the Transworld Premix video?! Did they let you keep the bike?

Thanks again man, hope you heal up quickly!

huck
2/9/2016 7:59am
Do you think the current Ms. Supercross is as good as the previous?
Do you ever skip leg days?
What's one thing you'd change about this sport, if you had the power?
Broc Tickle
2/9/2016 8:03am
jasonv43 wrote:

jasonv43 wrote:
Haha. Yeah I don't think the guy that did it understands either. Ok locals only question: Don Jose' or Vincenzo?;) I know not a lot of...
Haha. Yeah I don't think the guy that did it understands either.

Ok locals only question:

Don Jose' or Vincenzo?Wink

I know not a lot of options anyways.
Haha both are good just depends on mood
Broc Tickle
2/9/2016 8:08am
Spydee wrote:
Hey Broc! What's life really like behind closed doors at RCH? How much different is the atmosphere there compared to say your days at Pro Circuit...
Hey Broc! What's life really like behind closed doors at RCH? How much different is the atmosphere there compared to say your days at Pro Circuit Kawasaki?

Also, how's Kenny as a team mate, do you hang out with him much off the race track?

Heal up quickly man and all the best from across the pond!
The mentality for the team is the same, they want to win. As a group it's not much different. Every team works a little different than another.
Broc Tickle
2/9/2016 8:22am
TailSoHard wrote:
Hey Broc, thanks for hangin out with us! These QNA sessions are always really fun for us slow guys. Couple easy questions... Flips or Whips? Wheelies...
Hey Broc, thanks for hangin out with us! These QNA sessions are always really fun for us slow guys. Couple easy questions...

Flips or Whips?

Wheelies or Stoppies?

What part of your bike setup or adjustments has made the biggest difference for you? Something that just clicked and you went "ohhhh yeah, that's better"? Maybe a suspension setting, engine map, footpegs, bars, seat, etc...

If all the pro riders had to race one lap around a Supercross track on foot, do you think you'd podium?

How fun was it riding for the Transworld Premix video?! Did they let you keep the bike?

Thanks again man, hope you heal up quickly!

No problem. For sure whips and wheelies. It depends on the area I'm struggling on the track but most of my adjustments race day and during the week are simple. Sag and fork height are easy fixes for bike balance and obviously clicker adjustments. Haha I wouldn't say I'm the best runner in the sport but if it was a 10 lap run I'd have a shot. I had a blast riding for premix, I didn't get to keep the bike but I wanted to build one after riding it.
Broc Tickle
2/9/2016 8:39am
huck wrote:
Do you think the current Ms. Supercross is as good as the previous? Do you ever skip leg days? What's one thing you'd change about this...
I think Juliana is good. DD did it for 5 years, plus been around Sx prior. Experience will come with time. I don't have leg specific days but Monday-Saturday include legs between riding, cycling, rowing, strength and running. I think that for us riders we all believe the money could be better. With the sport growing it's headed in that direction. I can't complain I race dirt bikes for a living
shuggs
2/9/2016 8:43am
When coming back from injury how do you turn the frustration at being out into trying to stay calm and in control 1st race back?

When coming back which areas do you focus on (assuming fitness is up to scratch)?
huck
2/9/2016 8:46am
huck wrote:
Do you think the current Ms. Supercross is as good as the previous? Do you ever skip leg days? What's one thing you'd change about this...
I think Juliana is good. DD did it for 5 years, plus been around Sx prior. Experience will come with time. I don't have leg specific...
I think Juliana is good. DD did it for 5 years, plus been around Sx prior. Experience will come with time. I don't have leg specific days but Monday-Saturday include legs between riding, cycling, rowing, strength and running. I think that for us riders we all believe the money could be better. With the sport growing it's headed in that direction. I can't complain I race dirt bikes for a living
Thanks for answering. The first two were just kind of jokes.

Good luck on your recovery!!!

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Broc Tickle

The Latest