Vital MX Forum QNA: Brian "Big B" Barnhart

10/9/2015 3:10am
Thanks, Brian! That's pretty cool. I always wondered if they had showers and such back there. Guess not. It looks like you really take care of it inside and out.
machine
10/9/2015 4:14am
What's the funniest RV story you got?
Beast666
10/9/2015 4:51am
Here are some pics of the cab... The dinette folds into a bed and above the dinette is a fold-down bed or as I call it...
Here are some pics of the cab...
The dinette folds into a bed and above the dinette is a fold-down bed or as I call it, "Wil's bed."

Very nice Big B that new Volvo sure beats the International's, Freightliner's and Volvo's that I drove. I noticed to Subs up under the lower bunk. I have a feeling if I was driving the Monster rig I would have trouble keeping it under the speed limit while listening to Sirius Liquid Metal LOL
mxtech1
10/9/2015 7:05am
Since you've been doing this for awhile now and for the most part all of the locations are still the same on the schedule, do you have to use navigation to get from round to round? or do you have all your routes memorized?

How often do you get approached by radnom fans during the week asking if they can have a peek inside? Do you you ever let them in for a private tour?

The Shop

h&m_cycle
10/9/2015 7:16am
The company I work for are switching out the 10 speed "shakeliners" for the new Volvo Automatics...

Not really a question... sort of a Vital inside joke... so much so that Davey Coombs did a column on him...

You being a big guy and all... I figure you as the team's friendly "bouncer"...

Be on the look out for Hershey at Red Bud... You can't miss him... Your team can thank us all later...

10/9/2015 6:38pm
machine wrote:
One night RV was at a Kawasaki autograph session. Mike Williamson and I got into his bus. I took off my clothes and got in his bed and sent him a picture. We sent pictures of me using his bathroom and brushing my teeth with his toothbrush. I took a picture of me in his shower using his loofa. I also took pictures of me drinking out of his milk carton.
During the autograph session he was checking his phone and getting pissed (and laughing).
10/9/2015 6:41pm
mxtech1 wrote:
Since you've been doing this for awhile now and for the most part all of the locations are still the same on the schedule, do you...
Since you've been doing this for awhile now and for the most part all of the locations are still the same on the schedule, do you have to use navigation to get from round to round? or do you have all your routes memorized?

How often do you get approached by radnom fans during the week asking if they can have a peek inside? Do you you ever let them in for a private tour?
I pretty much have them all memorized. I do use GPS to keep track of my hours while driving.

Occasionally someone will ask to see inside. A lot of times fans come to the hotels while we're working. If it's not too busy I'll give them a quick tour.
10/9/2015 6:44pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
The company I work for are switching out the 10 speed "shakeliners" for the new Volvo Automatics... Not really a question... sort of a Vital inside...
The company I work for are switching out the 10 speed "shakeliners" for the new Volvo Automatics...

Not really a question... sort of a Vital inside joke... so much so that Davey Coombs did a column on him...

You being a big guy and all... I figure you as the team's friendly "bouncer"...

Be on the look out for Hershey at Red Bud... You can't miss him... Your team can thank us all later...

You'll love the automatics. I've driven one...they're nice.
machine
10/10/2015 3:39pm
machine wrote:
One night RV was at a Kawasaki autograph session. Mike Williamson and I got into his bus. I took off my clothes and got in his...
One night RV was at a Kawasaki autograph session. Mike Williamson and I got into his bus. I took off my clothes and got in his bed and sent him a picture. We sent pictures of me using his bathroom and brushing my teeth with his toothbrush. I took a picture of me in his shower using his loofa. I also took pictures of me drinking out of his milk carton.
During the autograph session he was checking his phone and getting pissed (and laughing).
Haha..classic. Thanks for sharing that story
Starcrossed
10/11/2015 5:17am
As a guy who probably enjoys a good meal after putting in a long day behind the wheel, you probably look forward to stopping at a nice restaurant for dinner from time to time. After all, there isn't much to look forward to when embarked on a cross country drive. What is your current favorite nationwide chain restaurant that would be most likely to entice you. How about some honorable mentions as well. I just happened to try Carrabba's on a recent road trip, and not having been to one previously, was pleasantly surprised how good the steak, and the entire meal was. Please lend your insight on the best places for casual dining after putting 1,000 miles behind you. Thanks, and keep Wilbur well fed...he's looking awfully meager standing next to you in the photo posted at the beginning of the thread.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
10/12/2015 12:36pm
Thanks, B, you're off the hook. Now, who will this week's guest be? In case you've missed any, you can catch the list below.

Previous Vital MX Forum QNA Guests
Jimmy Albertson
Jeremy Albrecht
Brandon Anderson
Brian "Big B" Barnhart
Eddie Casillas
James Coy
Christian Craig
Brett Cue
Wil Hahn
Justin Hill
Zach Osborne