Vital MX Forum QNA: Adam Cianciarulo

1/10/2017 1:34pm
Adam big fan, I was wondering how it makes you feel seeing cooper move up to the 450 and ur down in the 250 class.
Cooper and I did have a little bit of animosity towards each other from the amateur days, but I really feel like that's gone. From my end, anyway. He's done a killer job these past couple years, and I'm a fan of anyone who puts in the work. Stoked for him!
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4091st
1/10/2017 1:43pm
Baja Fresh or Chipolte?
Rexblaster
1/10/2017 4:52pm
What rap do you like to listen to besides post malone? Im still jealous you saw him live.
swtwtwtw
1/10/2017 5:20pm
is riding something you see yourself doing, just for fun?

The Shop

Atkinson
1/10/2017 5:21pm
Hey Adam, always been a big fan and wish you all the best this year. I notice your comments on SoleCollector's Instagram quite often so I gotta ask, favorite shoe right now? And whats your collection like?
1/10/2017 5:43pm
Did you ever reach Tommy Searle's level when it comes to sweet hair?

Love your racing man, and I'm glad you've stuck with it. Good luck this season.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1751st
1/10/2017 6:09pm
AC, wishing you all the best in health and success.

Since you've grown more have you ridden a 450 lately? I think it will be exciting to watch you ride one once you are ready for it in your career.
TSRmxer355
1/10/2017 6:26pm
AC, how has the latarjet procedure affected your shoulder stability and performance on the bike? Were you genetically predisposed to shoulder issues? I've had chronic shoulder issues and had a couple of bankart repairs, it seems like the latarjet is the next level. Good luck this year and stay healthy!
1/10/2017 7:25pm
Ramrod wrote:
AC, wishing you all the best in health and success. Since you've grown more have you ridden a 450 lately? I think it will be exciting...
AC, wishing you all the best in health and success.

Since you've grown more have you ridden a 450 lately? I think it will be exciting to watch you ride one once you are ready for it in your career.
Thank you sir!

I haven't ridden a 450 since 2014, actually. I plan on riding one a little bit this year just incase I move up in 2018. Love the bike, and feel like it suits my style really well.
1/10/2017 7:29pm
Did you ever reach Tommy Searle's level when it comes to sweet hair? Love your racing man, and I'm glad you've stuck with it. Good luck...
Did you ever reach Tommy Searle's level when it comes to sweet hair?

Love your racing man, and I'm glad you've stuck with it. Good luck this season.
That guy has some series class! I can confirm I never made it to his level of expertise & style. I'm more of a hat guy these days. Maybe I'm getting old?

Thanks for the nice words. All the best.
1/10/2017 7:36pm
Atkinson wrote:
Hey Adam, always been a big fan and wish you all the best this year. I notice your comments on SoleCollector's Instagram quite often so I...
Hey Adam, always been a big fan and wish you all the best this year. I notice your comments on SoleCollector's Instagram quite often so I gotta ask, favorite shoe right now? And whats your collection like?
Thank you.

I do consider myself a bit of a sneaker head. I'm also very cheap, so my collection probably isn't as big as it should be. But I have some Lebron 12s, Air Force 1s, Kobe 11s, Space Jams etc - the basics.
ocscottie
1/10/2017 7:59pm
Adam, what are your thoughts on the move to the timed heats / mains in SX this year? Did you have to tweak your training to accommodate for it?

Good luck this year, I'll be driving the A-Train!

tprice07
1/10/2017 9:55pm Edited Date/Time 1/10/2017 9:57pm
Thanks for taking the time to do this. We all love you and are rooting for your success!

We have all experienced tough times. Having struggled the last couple years, how do you pick yourself up? What do you tell yourself to begin rebuilding. When you are back in action is the fear of injury in the back of your mind? How do you overcome that? What advice do you have for Bubba's return to racing?

Also, with Kenny's dominance at A1, what can we expect from you? 10? 15? 20 seconds over second place?
1/10/2017 11:00pm
tprice07 wrote:
Thanks for taking the time to do this. We all love you and are rooting for your success! We have all experienced tough times. Having struggled...
Thanks for taking the time to do this. We all love you and are rooting for your success!

We have all experienced tough times. Having struggled the last couple years, how do you pick yourself up? What do you tell yourself to begin rebuilding. When you are back in action is the fear of injury in the back of your mind? How do you overcome that? What advice do you have for Bubba's return to racing?

Also, with Kenny's dominance at A1, what can we expect from you? 10? 15? 20 seconds over second place?
To answer your first question, I don't necessarily look at the last couple years as a struggle - in a certain aspect that is. I am an entirely different person than I was a few years ago. The circumstances I've had to overcome have given me a sense of perspective I wouldn't of had before. It's shown me how much I really love the sport and it's taught me not to take it for granted. Yes, injuries suck, losing sucks, but as a human (and rider) I've taken so many steps forward - so it's hard for me to be anything but thankful for all the opportunities I've had and continue to have.

Kenny was incredible last weekend. If I were to come anywhere close to a performance like that, I'd be pretty stoked.
1/10/2017 11:03pm
ocscottie wrote:
Adam, what are your thoughts on the move to the timed heats / mains in SX this year? Did you have to tweak your training to...
Adam, what are your thoughts on the move to the timed heats / mains in SX this year? Did you have to tweak your training to accommodate for it?

Good luck this year, I'll be driving the A-Train!

I understand it. Think it may be a little more confusing to the normal person, but I don't mind. I've been doing 20+1 & 15+1 motos instead of the usual 20 & 15 lappers. It's not a huge difference, normally a couple laps.

Thanks man!
Spydee
1/10/2017 11:11pm
Had you not gone down the motocross route as a youngster, what would you have seen yourself doing growing up? Any other sports you have an interest in that you would've liked to taken up professionally given the opportunity?

Good luck for this year Adam, I'll be cheering you on from across the pond! Take care dude.
Fearo
1/11/2017 7:11am
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is..

Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a certain type of individual that is found few and far between in moto, and no result, championship or injury will ever change that. You were probably more well-spoken and in-tune with life outside moto at 12 years old than most pro's are at age 30. I don't want to write an entire post full of asslickery, just wanted to let you know there are people rooting for you because of the way you handle yourself and think about this sport, not just because of your ability to win races.
Rowlands
1/11/2017 7:39am
Thanks for joining in Adam

Who are you current favourite MXGP and MX2 riders as a fan ?

By the way keep up on the Insta live streams I love them. Good luck buddy
1/11/2017 8:28am
Spydee wrote:
Had you not gone down the motocross route as a youngster, what would you have seen yourself doing growing up? Any other sports you have an...
Had you not gone down the motocross route as a youngster, what would you have seen yourself doing growing up? Any other sports you have an interest in that you would've liked to taken up professionally given the opportunity?

Good luck for this year Adam, I'll be cheering you on from across the pond! Take care dude.
Good question, I'm not sure. My family wasn't really into sports, so it's hard to imagine me going that route if I hadn't found Moto. These days, I would love to try MotoGP.

Thanks man! All the best.
Starcrossed
1/11/2017 8:34am
Do you have an agent to represent you, or do you negotiate directly with teams and sponsors when it comes to working out your contract(s)?
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
767th
1/11/2017 8:57am
I don't have a question. But good luck this season! Smile
I was wondering if you were going to pop in here! Tongue

Thanks for doing this Adam! Good luck this year and can't wait to see you on the top step. What is the biggest difference between last years race bike and this years?
jnickell
Fantasy
1738th
1/11/2017 11:05am
Hi Adam. Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us. I also agree with Fearo. Keep up the solid work as a human. My question is related to the current state of Motocross process and the affect it is potentially having on you.

The process I am referring to is the normal steps to the big bike class.

The natural progression seems to be, do good in the Lites class on whatever team, move up to the MX class. Continue career. In guys like Davalos' case, they do good in the Lites class and for whatever reason, they stay there. Maybe he's a much better Lites rider and teams aren't willing to pay him in the MX class. Either way, he's a Lites guy and if that's why the teams pay him, good for all involved. I think he's doing it right. In my opinion, his career has a much better chance of survival in the Lites.

In your case I think it's the opposite. Your size has been the tallest hurdle for you to get over. Be it your shoulder structure not growing in a synchronized fashion and/or your size and weight, it seems that you are more of a natural fit for a 450 (assuming your shoulder components have all synched up). You have proven to be ultra talented, but hampered by the things I mentioned. With the current system, it seems like it would be difficult to secure a 450 ride. This is where I believe the system is flawed because of all the built in catch 22's. It's VERY difficult if not impossible to get a 450 ride until you prove yourself on a 250. You didn't have much time with a 250 type body to prove yourself. You don't seem to ride like say, Justin Barcia that tries to twist the grip off the motorcycle even when he pulls the clutch.

My point is, I think you are a better fit for a Fo Five Oh, but your path to that class seems like it may be bumpy based on my diatribe above. What's your take? Like I said above, keep doing that human stuff, it's way more important than motorcycles.

Jim
jonboy688
1/11/2017 11:32am
good luck this year!!! give them hell on the east coast
1/11/2017 11:53am
Adam,
Thank you for your time. I've really enjoyed following you since your mini bike days. I still watch your old YouTube videos.
My question is, given the right opportunity would you move up without first capturing a 250 SX/MX title or is that the plan before you even start to think about a 450 ride?
1/11/2017 12:09pm
Hi guys! Adam, Can I ask you If you prefer motocross or basketball?
And, another small question, Why you start do motocross?
daemon616
1/11/2017 12:14pm
When are you and Pookie getting married?
1/11/2017 1:42pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 1:42pm
Fearo wrote:
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is.. Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a...
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is..

Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a certain type of individual that is found few and far between in moto, and no result, championship or injury will ever change that. You were probably more well-spoken and in-tune with life outside moto at 12 years old than most pro's are at age 30. I don't want to write an entire post full of asslickery, just wanted to let you know there are people rooting for you because of the way you handle yourself and think about this sport, not just because of your ability to win races.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I guess to me, I've always thought "what's the point of being successful if you lose who you are in the process?". Thanks again for taking the time to write that - means a lot to me.
1/11/2017 1:46pm
Rowlands wrote:
Thanks for joining in Adam Who are you current favourite MXGP and MX2 riders as a fan ? By the way keep up on the Insta...
Thanks for joining in Adam

Who are you current favourite MXGP and MX2 riders as a fan ?

By the way keep up on the Insta live streams I love them. Good luck buddy
I love watching the GPs - there's something magical about the atmosphere at those races, and I'd love to get over there at some point. AC222 is one of my favorites, of course. Also, I grew up racing with Thomas Covington in amateurs, so it's really cool to see him do well.

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Adam Cianciarulo

The Latest