Vital MX Forum QNA: Adam Cianciarulo

1/11/2017 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 2:03pm
jnickell wrote:
Hi Adam. Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us. I also agree with Fearo. Keep up the solid work as a human. My question...
Hi Adam. Thanks for taking the time to communicate with us. I also agree with Fearo. Keep up the solid work as a human. My question is related to the current state of Motocross process and the affect it is potentially having on you.

The process I am referring to is the normal steps to the big bike class.

The natural progression seems to be, do good in the Lites class on whatever team, move up to the MX class. Continue career. In guys like Davalos' case, they do good in the Lites class and for whatever reason, they stay there. Maybe he's a much better Lites rider and teams aren't willing to pay him in the MX class. Either way, he's a Lites guy and if that's why the teams pay him, good for all involved. I think he's doing it right. In my opinion, his career has a much better chance of survival in the Lites.

In your case I think it's the opposite. Your size has been the tallest hurdle for you to get over. Be it your shoulder structure not growing in a synchronized fashion and/or your size and weight, it seems that you are more of a natural fit for a 450 (assuming your shoulder components have all synched up). You have proven to be ultra talented, but hampered by the things I mentioned. With the current system, it seems like it would be difficult to secure a 450 ride. This is where I believe the system is flawed because of all the built in catch 22's. It's VERY difficult if not impossible to get a 450 ride until you prove yourself on a 250. You didn't have much time with a 250 type body to prove yourself. You don't seem to ride like say, Justin Barcia that tries to twist the grip off the motorcycle even when he pulls the clutch.

My point is, I think you are a better fit for a Fo Five Oh, but your path to that class seems like it may be bumpy based on my diatribe above. What's your take? Like I said above, keep doing that human stuff, it's way more important than motorcycles.

Jim
The state of the sport is better than its ever been in my opinion. With that being said, I think we have a long way to go. To me, the last place guy in a 450 Main Event should be able to make a living - and that's just not the case right now. There's a lot possible scenarios I could spend an hour writing about that could perhaps fix that problem, but the basic point is that the money/teams/promoters must continue to evolve as the sport gets bigger. The talent level is at an all-time high, the speed is faster than ever and in terms of popularity it seems we are trending up. Yet, in regards to rides & teams & money, it has (pretty much) stayed the same. Something isn't right. If you could move up to the more talented 450 class, without the risk of going bankrupt if you aren't in the top 10 - I think that would fix the "sandbagging" problem. Until that happens, nothing will change.

Then again, what do I know?
Mit12
1/11/2017 4:26pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 4:27pm
Adam
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I commend you on your professionalism, you are a pleasure to listen to. Good luck and bring a championship back to PC and your self. No pressure, just do it!
1/11/2017 5:04pm
Rexblaster wrote:
What rap do you like to listen to besides post malone? Im still jealous you saw him live.
Meek Mill is my guy. I know everybody always try to compare him to Drake, but they're completely different. Meek is gnarly, Drake is mainstream (I like most of his stuff, too).
1/11/2017 5:05pm
Mit12 wrote:
Adam Thanks for taking the time to do this. I commend you on your professionalism, you are a pleasure to listen to. Good luck and bring...
Adam
Thanks for taking the time to do this. I commend you on your professionalism, you are a pleasure to listen to. Good luck and bring a championship back to PC and your self. No pressure, just do it!
Appreciate that. I'll do my best! Hope to see you at the races.

The Shop

Mickolobe7
1/11/2017 6:59pm
Adam big fan, I was wondering how it makes you feel seeing cooper move up to the 450 and ur down in the 250 class.
Cooper and I did have a little bit of animosity towards each other from the amateur days, but I really feel like that's gone. From my...
Cooper and I did have a little bit of animosity towards each other from the amateur days, but I really feel like that's gone. From my end, anyway. He's done a killer job these past couple years, and I'm a fan of anyone who puts in the work. Stoked for him!
Adam that's so cool to hear that from you about Webb! You really seem to have your head in the right place. Most riders of your caliber would hate on the rivals. Its cool to hear that you are happy for him. When you get to the big bike class and are banging bars with him do you think some of that old rivalry will come back between you and Webb? Or do you guys talk now and consider yourself friends?
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
1/11/2017 7:11pm
Hey Adam,
I'm a big fan, and good luck this season.

My question is, do you use mountain biking as part of your training, or for fun? And if so, which trails in Florida have you tried? Alafia, Santos, Markham Park, Balm Boyette etc...?
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
1/11/2017 8:08pm
Fearo wrote:
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is.. Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a...
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is..

Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a certain type of individual that is found few and far between in moto, and no result, championship or injury will ever change that. You were probably more well-spoken and in-tune with life outside moto at 12 years old than most pro's are at age 30. I don't want to write an entire post full of asslickery, just wanted to let you know there are people rooting for you because of the way you handle yourself and think about this sport, not just because of your ability to win races.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I guess to me, I've always thought "what's the point of being successful if you lose who you are in...
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I guess to me, I've always thought "what's the point of being successful if you lose who you are in the process?". Thanks again for taking the time to write that - means a lot to me.
Hey Adam,

I agree with Fearo 100%!

I don't have a question. I just want to let you know that I've been a huge fan of yours for a very long time because of how you carry yourself off the bike.

Keep being you. Good luck!
I hope you take the championship this year Smile Go get it!

God bless you!
Radical
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
1/11/2017 8:24pm
Fearo wrote:
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is.. Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a...
Adam, not really a question, or maybe it is..

Just came here to tell you, keep being you. From the outside looking in, you are a certain type of individual that is found few and far between in moto, and no result, championship or injury will ever change that. You were probably more well-spoken and in-tune with life outside moto at 12 years old than most pro's are at age 30. I don't want to write an entire post full of asslickery, just wanted to let you know there are people rooting for you because of the way you handle yourself and think about this sport, not just because of your ability to win races.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I guess to me, I've always thought "what's the point of being successful if you lose who you are in...
Thanks man, I really appreciate that! I guess to me, I've always thought "what's the point of being successful if you lose who you are in the process?". Thanks again for taking the time to write that - means a lot to me.
Radical wrote:
Hey Adam, I agree with Fearo 100%! I don't have a question. I just want to let you know that I've been a huge fan of...
Hey Adam,

I agree with Fearo 100%!

I don't have a question. I just want to let you know that I've been a huge fan of yours for a very long time because of how you carry yourself off the bike.

Keep being you. Good luck!
I hope you take the championship this year Smile Go get it!

God bless you!
Radical
Well said Fearo!
1/11/2017 8:56pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 9:00pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Hey Adam, I'm a big fan, and good luck this season. My question is, do you use mountain biking as part of your training, or for...
Hey Adam,
I'm a big fan, and good luck this season.

My question is, do you use mountain biking as part of your training, or for fun? And if so, which trails in Florida have you tried? Alafia, Santos, Markham Park, Balm Boyette etc...?
Both! I consider cycling (and mountain-biking) a passion of mine - and while it's a necessary tool for training, I enjoy it just the same. I have a (Specialized S-Works Stumpjumper) MTB that I keep in CA, and a (Specialized S-Works Tarmac) road bike that I keep in Florida. With that said, I haven't had the chance to ride a bunch of trails back east. My Grandpa rides Santos all the time though, so I'll have to make it out there one day.
jj welks
1/11/2017 9:36pm
Adam,

Do you receive fresh boots every week? Do you prefer old broke in ones or freshies? Hope you kill it this season.
tprice07
1/11/2017 10:19pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2017 10:19pm
When's the video of you on bubbas 125 coming out?
Steiny
1/12/2017 9:41am
No real question, they've all been asked. I just want to say Ive been a fan since I saw you on a sand track in Fl when you were 13 on an 85. I admire your tenacity to keep coming back and to keep working when I know some times it gets to you. Most young men would've quit by now, that attitude will benefit you in your future career path after mx.

I hope we all see your real potential this coming year.

1/12/2017 8:18pm
Steiny wrote:
No real question, they've all been asked. I just want to say Ive been a fan since I saw you on a sand track in Fl...
No real question, they've all been asked. I just want to say Ive been a fan since I saw you on a sand track in Fl when you were 13 on an 85. I admire your tenacity to keep coming back and to keep working when I know some times it gets to you. Most young men would've quit by now, that attitude will benefit you in your future career path after mx.

I hope we all see your real potential this coming year.

Really appreciate the kind words! Hope to see you around soon.
1/13/2017 8:58am
tprice07 wrote:
Thoughts on this: [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2017/01/13/168794/s1200_dungey.jpg[/img]
Thoughts on this:

WoohooWoohoo GOLD

Aldon should be scared for his job. Grinning
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
1/13/2017 3:55pm
Adam,

I just have one short question: Do you remember this?

I do. I was there with my buddies, standing right behind the start. As we always do, we called out who was going to win and I said I'm going with the rookie. My friends thought I was nuts, they were certain it was gonna be either Bogle or Davalos. Even after you got the holeshot, they were like, na, someone will pass him. Then Davalos passed you. Then after Davalos crashed Baggett passed you and was really pressuring you. They were sure you were going to cave under the pressure.

I'll never forget the look on their faces when you crossed the line.

I'm calling it again, Cianciarulo for the 2017 title.

Don't ever forget what you're capable of Adam. Don't ever doubt yourself. That night you rode like the special rider you are and I can't wait to see that again this year.
1/13/2017 8:27pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Adam, I just have one short question: Do you remember this? [img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/ba/6a/59/ba6a59bb5bd9dca4980fa79dd46ed180.jpg[/img] I do. I was there with my buddies, standing right behind the start. As...
Adam,

I just have one short question: Do you remember this?

I do. I was there with my buddies, standing right behind the start. As we always do, we called out who was going to win and I said I'm going with the rookie. My friends thought I was nuts, they were certain it was gonna be either Bogle or Davalos. Even after you got the holeshot, they were like, na, someone will pass him. Then Davalos passed you. Then after Davalos crashed Baggett passed you and was really pressuring you. They were sure you were going to cave under the pressure.

I'll never forget the look on their faces when you crossed the line.

I'm calling it again, Cianciarulo for the 2017 title.

Don't ever forget what you're capable of Adam. Don't ever doubt yourself. That night you rode like the special rider you are and I can't wait to see that again this year.
That's an awesome story man! Thank you for sharing and for the kind words. I remember just about every detail from that day - don't think it's something I'll ever forget. Look forward to making more memories like that in the future.

See you at the races!
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
1/13/2017 9:13pm
Thanks, Adam, you're off the hook...but feel free to chime in here in the future. Smile
gnarwhip
1/14/2017 6:33pm
Damnit I just saw this. Adam, what is your go-to pick up line with chicks? How do you break the ice?
1/15/2017 6:12am Edited Date/Time 1/15/2017 6:17am
Hey AC.

You've answered a question about your favorites GP rider's above. My question is a little bit different: who's your take for the MXGP and MX2 title this year? I think Herlings and Seewer have what it takes.

Also, you've trained with Kenny a few times lately, where you able to keep his pace or pressure him a bit ? Wink

Also, keep up the good work, you're gonna do great this year.

P.S.: you were on it that day:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8EW17F71c

Post a reply to: Vital MX Forum QNA: Adam Cianciarulo

The Latest