Vital Buzz pictures...

jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
Edited Date/Time 1/18/2012 10:03pm
That first one with Ryan V. about mid way through the air and leaning forward is the closest to actually showing how much of a gap that really was....amazing the riders were clearing that lap after lap....
Awesome pictures....

Good to meet GuyB and others over the weekend too......
|
Mike Bierman
9/13/2007 1:54pm
We changed that jump four times from Thursday, til Sunday...it was a pretty cool launch.

The triple at the finish, also was changed a few times...it claimed a few bodies, Thursday, and Friday.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
9/14/2007 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 5:54pm
We changed that jump four times from Thursday, til Sunday...it was a pretty cool launch. The triple at the finish, also was changed a few times...it...
We changed that jump four times from Thursday, til Sunday...it was a pretty cool launch.

The triple at the finish, also was changed a few times...it claimed a few bodies, Thursday, and Friday.
When I talked to Jody briefly on Saturday afternoon, he called the track, \"A work in progress.\"

Just like last year, that gap was gnarly. The 250F guys were as wide open as they could get headed up to the face, and were pulling up hard in an effort to get more distance. After seeing all the tracks this year, it'd be hard to bet against Glen Helen in a toughest track contest.
Mike Bierman
9/14/2007 9:15pm
We changed that jump four times from Thursday, til Sunday...it was a pretty cool launch. The triple at the finish, also was changed a few times...it...

GuyB wrote:
When I talked to Jody briefly on Saturday afternoon, he called the track, \"A work in progress.\" Just like last year, that gap was gnarly. The...
When I talked to Jody briefly on Saturday afternoon, he called the track, \"A work in progress.\"

Just like last year, that gap was gnarly. The 250F guys were as wide open as they could get headed up to the face, and were pulling up hard in an effort to get more distance. After seeing all the tracks this year, it'd be hard to bet against Glen Helen in a toughest track contest.
I was all over the place on a Quad.

Because of the high tempatures, we have to soak the surface with water.

It has been said, that Glen Helen, uses as much water for the national as it does for the rest of the year.

This causes hard, and soft, spots in the soil...I race there all the time, and it never gets that rough. True we are not going as fast, but still...it was extremely rough.

I would never try those huge gaps !

Jody did a great job, in the design...it was great for spectators.

And to pat myself on the back, my water system worked, for the fourth straight year, without fail.
jmc2
Fantasy
1626th
9/14/2007 9:36pm

GuyB wrote:
When I talked to Jody briefly on Saturday afternoon, he called the track, \"A work in progress.\" Just like last year, that gap was gnarly. The...

I was all over the place on a Quad. Because of the high tempatures, we have to soak the surface with water. It has been said...
I was all over the place on a Quad.

Because of the high tempatures, we have to soak the surface with water.

It has been said, that Glen Helen, uses as much water for the national as it does for the rest of the year.

This causes hard, and soft, spots in the soil...I race there all the time, and it never gets that rough. True we are not going as fast, but still...it was extremely rough.

I would never try those huge gaps !

And to pat myself on the back, my water system worked, for the fourth straight year, without fail.
Mike Bierman wrote:

Agreed, you guys did an awesome job...
I talked with Jody on Sat and Sun regarding the track, first time I had met the guy, and he was nice enough to take time and tell me the changes you guys had done over course of the weekend and trying to keep the AMA people happy and the track in great shape. Jody seemed like a great person and very approachable which was surprising during a hectic weekend he was going through. It was my first time at Glen Helen and looking forward to next year.

Post a reply to: Vital Buzz pictures...

The Latest