Visual override by the AMA?

Related:
Create New Tag

2/18/2012 8:33 PM

Gavin Faith to the main instead of Peick because the AMA saw it that way?
Well what the fuck's the transponders for then? Might as well shitcan 'em.

|

"Blind faith in a god is a poor substitute for logic and reason."

2/18/2012 8:37 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2012 8:37 PM

The transponder is still zip tied on the fork isn't it? If Faiths had turned to the back or Peicks had turned forward and they were that close the transponders could have showed a different result than the visual evidence. At least AMA is doing something.

|

2/18/2012 8:40 PM

Where was the visual overide on the heat Dungey was in

|

2/18/2012 8:40 PM

I didnt get that either. I bet Peick was pissed.

|

2/18/2012 8:41 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2012 8:42 PM

That's what the transponders are there for,if they're good enough for Qualifying then what's going on? Something doesn't add up and stinks

|

(I also regret my username,funny at the time "you had to be there..")

2/18/2012 8:42 PM

On TV I honestly thought Peick pretty clearly had it. Were you there in person? Faith put on a sweet charge but it looked like he came up a knobby short to me.

|

2/18/2012 8:46 PM

PressPassP wrote:

That's what the transponders are there for,if they're good enough for Qualifying then what's going on? Something doesn't add up and stinks

Something always stinks when the AMA gets involved

|

regards,

2/18/2012 8:49 PM

is Faith still Geico on the 450 or was that just for the 250? If he is, makes it look a little more like Factory Support vs Privateer bias...

|

2/18/2012 8:49 PM

If it was too close to call they should have let both riders race the Main. They used to race 22 riders in the main event so what is 20 + 1 more?

Stupid move IMO from the AMA......Ruined a hard workers night with that S*&t

|

Keep the 2-stroke alive.

KX 125 #938

2/18/2012 9:00 PM

it depends where the transponder line is, compared to the actual finish line, sometimes they are different, I would think the timing loop would be at base of the jump, not at the top where the flag man is,

|

2/18/2012 9:02 PM

CRF505 wrote:

On TV I honestly thought Peick pretty clearly had it. Were you there in person? Faith put on a sweet charge but it looked like he came up a knobby short to me.

|

2/18/2012 9:04 PM

What would make them bump a guy that is racing for points in the 450 class for a 250 west rider? Doesn't make any sense. Peick was ahead the whole race and the transponder said he beat Faith.

|

2/18/2012 9:05 PM

" Take us through the visual override AMA"

|

2/18/2012 9:05 PM

CRF505 wrote:

That's what I saw too.

|

2/18/2012 9:14 PM

Its the AMA, does anyone really expect anything to make sense?

|

If only those who knew less didn't always think they knew better.

2/18/2012 9:16 PM

AMA has always been visually and electronically challenged.

|

2/18/2012 9:35 PM

I would like to see a side-view photo or video of the finish.

|

Instagram: @motoxeno

Premium Off-Road Products: www.jcrspeedshop.com

2/18/2012 10:12 PM

Rupert X wrote:

" Take us through the visual override AMA"

laughing
|

2/18/2012 10:19 PM

We got screwed Weston was ahead at the top of the jump and were they wave the checkerd flag and were the transponder clicks off. They told us that they went by the bottom of the jump total bullshit. We really didnt have any say so. If it was a factory rider it would have been different. Why do we need transponders this is how we make our monie and we got ripped off tonight. Not really fair for someone that is paying to be in the mains.

|

2/18/2012 10:29 PM

Bottom of the jump? WTF, that's just stupid. They at least should of called it a tie and let both in, or went to predetermined tie breaker status. I thought he got Weston but not until actually at the checkered flag if anything. total unprofessional BS!

|

2/18/2012 10:29 PM

They said on the broadcast that Faith was ahead at the face of the jump. What's the point of the finish line, then?

|

2/18/2012 10:32 PM

I was there in person and watched his last lap charge. He clearly passed him and honestly it didn't even look that close. Me and my friends were sitting there wondering why it wasn't showing on the tower that he passed him.

|

2/18/2012 10:40 PM

Total BS! How is it done in horse racing? Photo finish? Horses and motorcycles both cross a line at the finish and horses don't have transponders, how about a camera at the finish line AMA? Visual override? are you joking?

|

2/18/2012 11:02 PM

LouDog wrote:

We got screwed Weston was ahead at the top of the jump and were they wave the checkerd flag and were the transponder clicks off. They told us that they went by the bottom of the jump total bullshit. We really didnt have any say so. If it was a factory rider it would have been different. Why do we need transponders this is how we make our monie and we got ripped off tonight. Not really fair for someone that is paying to be in the mains.

You guys got screwed tonight. You either go by transponders or you don't, period. Keep your heads in the game, I know easy to say. AMA owes you guys!

|

2/18/2012 11:17 PM

I was there and probably had one the best views in the place. Faith put a block pass on WP in the last turn and then he kinda hesitated. It was like he was expecting WP to go down or something, only part was, Weston didn't even budge. At that point, it was a drag race over the finish line double and WP had about half a wheel on him at takeoff. The timing had a difference of .0002 seconds in favor of WP. The media peeps I was sitting with were like WTF after the 1st or 2nd lap into the main and were asking around for answers. Where were these visual override peeps sitting, I'm fairly certain they weren't in the Press Box and aside from the tower at the finish, that was the best spot to see this go down. Not taking anything away from GF, good ride by both guys but DubP got robbed.

|

2/18/2012 11:19 PM
Edited Date/Time: 2/18/2012 11:19 PM

http://promototalk.com/news-item/weston-peick-gets-screwed
"Tonight in Dallas in a thrilling 450 LCQ, privateer Weston Peick held off privateer Gavin Faith for the last spot into the main event by .0002 of a second. It was a nice try by Faith and he put a good charge in and a nice block pass move to try and get Peick but it ultimately failed. At least that's what the electronic transponders said.

But after the race, the AMA informed Peick that he as indeed out and Faith was in because they had scored it that Faith was ahead at the bottom of the jump which is where the official scoring is taken from. But wait? Why have a man on the top of the jump with the checkered flag? And why have the transponder scoring from the top of the jump? If you're the AMA, why would you on earth open yourself up to second guessing on the results and overrule the transponder which is universally accepted as providing the final scoring record?

It doesn't make any sense. It's not as if Faith was going to storm over and demand a spot in the main event, the transponders showed he lost (and by the way, .0002 is the difference between mounting your transponder on the front of your fork and on the side of your fork. Different guys mount it in slightly different spots and in this case, that could have come into play) and if you overrule the transponders in this case, what's going to happen the next time there's a close finish? That rider will go to the AMA and demand to see photos or get a judgement on who was in front at the beginning of the race.

It doesn't make any sense at all as to why Peick wasn't in the main event. It cost him a lot of money and points and all the AMA did is open a whole new can of worms. Go by the transponders- no ifs, ands or buts."

|

2/18/2012 11:28 PM

I can't wait to hear how the mx media handles this one.

|

2/18/2012 11:48 PM

remember when alessi had to push his bike up the face of a jump and across the transponder line? of course thats motocross and this is supercross, but its still AMA right?

|

2/18/2012 11:54 PM

This is BS.

|

2/18/2012 11:55 PM

DL wrote:

This is BS.

That`s saying it nicely.

|