Visiting supercross shops

Related:
Create New Tag

10/21/2017 9:14 AM

I have to go to California in a few months and will be in the supercross area is it possible to visit the shops for like a tour?

|

10/21/2017 9:22 AM

WTaylor7 wrote:

I have to go to California in a few months and will be in the supercross area is it possible to visit the shops for like a tour?

Actual raceshops are off-limits for the most part. You can stop by Pro Circuit for a tour of the customer shop and sometimes they'll give a peek of the racing department.

Other wise for Geico, Husky, KTM, TLD, Factory Kawasaki, Honda, Yamaha, and Star...you'd have to know someone.

Customer shops like Yoshimura and FMF might, I'd call ahead or email to see if that's possible. You can also stop by Troy Lee Designs to see their paint shop and where they design the gear. It's in a pretty cool building.

|

10/21/2017 9:25 AM

When i was in SoCal last year i was able to visit the Pro Circuit place in Corona. Friendly people there for sure worth a visit!

|

10/21/2017 11:06 AM
Edited Date/Time: 10/21/2017 2:28 PM

Not a SX shop but we were down in So Cal for my 7 year olds first Disneyland trip this week. On an off day we went to Laguna Beach to the Troy Lee store. They were having a meet and greet the next day and had posters from last year's USGP with Jesse Nelson and ET3. I asked the guy working there if I could have one for my son's room. He didn't know if he could give them out so I didn't want to push him into doing something he wasn't comfortable with. About that time Troy Lee walks in so not only did he get one he got a signed one from the artist who painted it(I think it was his art). My son is head to toe Fox because his cousins live in Morgan Hill an wear nothing but. But he wants TLD stuff now because his favorite color is orange. So if Troy or anyone from TLD reads this thanks for making a my son's day. It didn't beat Disneyland but it was the highlight of his rest day.

|

10/21/2017 1:52 PM

Chaparral is also worth a visit if you are like me and don't have any local shops with any significant inventory. Their costco-sized tire warehouse and department store sized gear section was fun to see. I tried on a shit ton of gear and left with a new set.

|