Visiting Monster Mountain, Alabama. A Pictorial.

Rupert X
2/14/2020 3:55pm
WW444 wrote:
What brought you through Decatur?(Princess Theater) Thats my hood
So Decatur was about ten hours in -from our house in Ohio, on the way.... still like 2.5 hours from Monster. Stayed at the Doubletree, investigated your quaint downtown - kind of “College like”, we stayed there two nights, coming and going. Partied at Flints (?) and Mellow Mushroom. We dug Decatur. Next time wanna check out Huntsville and NASA shtuff... Also, wife saw on TV somewhere close; the only Airlines Lost Baggage store in USA, we must see that shit. Supposedly, she even sighted MOTO shtuff on the racks ?
Rupert X
2/14/2020 3:56pm
ledger wrote:
Any chance of MM ever holding a National ? Oh, and that dirt...
I don’t see it happening quite frankly, for a variety of reasons. Although, hell yeah I’d love to see it.
Meister
2/14/2020 6:15pm
I. Need. To. Go. Back.

I think 2003 was the last time I rode there. 2 years ago I took my bike on our family vaca to santa Rosa beach Florida and had a full day planned for MM on the way home. Got flooded out of course.
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
2/14/2020 6:40pm
Great facility. My son and I spent a couple of days there. Going back in March.

The Shop

brocster
2/14/2020 7:11pm
Dang Rupe, it’s not much fun when it wet like that, but when you catch it right you won’t be able to stop making laps. It’s really a treat and like Keefer said, it’s one of the best times you’ll ever have on a dirt bike. For me, it’s a toss up between there and SWAN in Tyler, Tx for my top picks. Glen Helen in third for the hills and the nostalgia. Glad you were able to side show it and make the most of the trip.

Keep on keeping on!
wwoberg
2/14/2020 7:13pm
WW444 wrote:
What brought you through Decatur?(Princess Theater) Thats my hood
Rupert X wrote:
So Decatur was about ten hours in -from our house in Ohio, on the way.... still like 2.5 hours from Monster. Stayed at the Doubletree, investigated...
So Decatur was about ten hours in -from our house in Ohio, on the way.... still like 2.5 hours from Monster. Stayed at the Doubletree, investigated your quaint downtown - kind of “College like”, we stayed there two nights, coming and going. Partied at Flints (?) and Mellow Mushroom. We dug Decatur. Next time wanna check out Huntsville and NASA shtuff... Also, wife saw on TV somewhere close; the only Airlines Lost Baggage store in USA, we must see that shit. Supposedly, she even sighted MOTO shtuff on the racks ?
That Double tree on the river is nice. The unclaimed baggage store is in Scottsboro, Al. About 1 HR west on 72 when you went through Decatur. A little out of your way, but 72 leads you to Chattanooga, which is a great town to see. I'm a little biased though.
We make it to monster 2 times a year when we race with SEVMX. It's a 4 HR trip for us.
Mill Creek, in Pell City, Al (about an hour north if monster) should definitely be on your list too. Slightly tamer but same dirt and elevation changes.
49weasel
2/15/2020 3:47am
ledger wrote:
Any chance of MM ever holding a National ? Oh, and that dirt...
I think I heard parking is the major hold up.

Post a reply to: Visiting Monster Mountain, Alabama. A Pictorial.

The Latest