Visiting Japan. Japanese Mx schedule????

Related:
Create New Tag

2/15/2020 3:17 AM

Anyone know anything about Japanese mx schedule? I’ve been snowboarding in hakuba and now am in Tokyo with a week to kill. Anyone know if the JMx is on at the moment? Thought it would be nice to see a race and escape the city for a day or two. Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2/15/2020 3:20 AM

Great. Japan is one of the country's that's on my bucket list.
Experciences so far ? I've heard the food is very good.

|

2/15/2020 4:24 AM

The All Japan Nationals doesn't start until April. I'll be in Hakuba next week haha!

|

2/15/2020 4:55 AM

Food is really good, most of the time we are looking at or eating food. Tonight had sushi including whale and eel.
Photo
That’s a bummer was hoping to see a race and some countryside. Disney world it is I guess

|

2/15/2020 4:59 AM

McLellanMX66 wrote:

The All Japan Nationals doesn't start until April. I'll be in Hakuba next week haha!

Hakuba was awsome! Apparently there worst winter in 30 years and still the best snow Season I’ve experienced Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo
Photo

|

2/15/2020 5:12 AM

D_L118 wrote:

Great. Japan is one of the country's that's on my bucket list.
Experciences so far ? I've heard the food is very good.

We went to a very colourful ‘monster cafe’ for dinner and a show. What it turned out to be was lip syncing strippers both male and female 🙈was definitely not expecting that as there were many kids present and the theme was very colourful

|

2/15/2020 5:46 AM

js451 wrote:

Food is really good, most of the time we are looking at or eating food. Tonight had sushi including whale and eel.
Photo
That’s a bummer was hoping to see a race and some countryside. Disney world it is I guess

That's a bummer that you ate whale without any remorse...
Japan still kills whales and it's really sad...
(wen people are gonna care about our planet and its species?)
Btw enjoy your stay in Japan!

|

2/15/2020 6:01 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 6:02 AM

Japan is awesome. What is the atmosphere at the airport with the Cornavirus? I have a small layover in Narita in about a week. I'm just wondering what to expect.
BTW, does that girl know you are following her around? LOL

|

2/15/2020 6:07 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 6:09 AM

js451 wrote:

Photo

suzukifa2014 wrote:

Maybe it was "farm raised" whale ?

These photos bring back lots of memories and it looks like things haven't changed in decades. I really enjoyed the Japanese culture and food while I was there, you need to try the absinthe

|

2/15/2020 6:51 AM

Love Japan. Lived there for two years and it was very difficult to find any racing series or tracks to ride even. But the moto scene is alive and well out there once you do find it lol.

|

2/15/2020 6:56 AM
Edited Date/Time: 2/15/2020 7:00 AM

In Hakuba you were actually pretty close to a facility called Gaia. They had a couple of the All Japan Nationals there, and then I believe it sat empty for a while. Now it’s a bit of a practice facility that hosts some GP style races. It’s owned by a gentleman by the name of Masami Hoshino, who runs the JNCC (Japan’s version of GNCC) and is the man behind Rocky Sports. There were a number of pro riders here in the US back in the 90s that were sponsored by Rocky Sports, more so on the off-road side.

I can believe this is their worst winter. When I was there in November 2015, most all of the mountains in that part of the country were snow capped. In November of 2019, there were VERY few snow caps with the exception of the really high elevations.

JNCC also does their final round each season at the Jiigatake Ski Resort, which is about 20 minutes from the Olympic Ski Jump in Hakuba. GNCC and JNCC actually exchange a few pro riders each year for an event. They pick a GNCC event to send a couple of riders to and in exchange we pick a rider to race their finale at Jiigatake.

I’ve been to Japan twice for that final JNCC event and would jump on the opportunity to go every chance I get. Japan is a beautiful country and everyone I’ve met there has always been extremely friendly. The folks at the JNCC events absolutely love racing and it’s pretty cool to be there and see that a language barrier doesn’t matter when people are doing cool stuff on dirt bikes. I would recommend attending a JNCC event but the series doesn’t begin until March.

We also spend a couple of days in Tokyo on those JNCC trips. The JNCC folks usually put us in the Hotel Grand Palace, which is basically on the back side of Budokan, sort of between the Imperial Palace and the Tokyo Dome. The times I’ve gone, we’ve walked to a Korean BBQ restaurant which is some of the best food I’ve ever had. For anyone who hasn’t heard of this, they put hot coals in a pit at your table and bring you meat that you just cook to your liking; and it’s delicious. Even the cow tongue is really good. Random snacks and sandwiches from 7-11 are really good too. So many varieties of chip flavors and some really cool “Crispy Chocolate” snacks.

We've checked out Shibuya Square and the SkyTree, both of which are so impressive. Overall, anyone who has the opportunity to go to Japan should absolutely do it. I’ve only been twice, but like I said, any chance I get to do it again I’m definitely going.

|

Jared Bolton
gnccracing.com

2/15/2020 8:50 AM

suzukifa2014 wrote:

What are you actively doing to prevent whale killings other than bitching at someone else for eating it?

|

2/15/2020 9:02 AM

Japan is cool. I've been twice. Love the people, hate the food (sorry, I'm too Americanized. I have a really hard time in Japan because I hate seafood, soy sauce and I refuse to eat raw animals!)

On my first day in Japan, I went to a Starbucks and the girl behind the counter instantly knew it was my first time. She wrote "Welcome to Japan" and drew an airplane on my cup. Super-friendly people.

|

Braaapin' aint easy.

2/15/2020 3:22 PM

js451 wrote:

Photo

suzukifa2014 wrote:

xrmark wrote:

What are you actively doing to prevent whale killings other than bitching at someone else for eating it?

You have the answer in the phrase above.
I'm pretty active about it, more than you think.
But I'm not gonna talk about myself here.
If you don't understand that eating whales its bad, I'm really sorry for you...

|

2/15/2020 3:30 PM

I'm officially jealous.

|

2/15/2020 4:28 PM

I would love to go to Japan. I head it’s expensive though.

|

2/15/2020 4:37 PM

Go check the motorcycle shops in Ueno,I was there about 15 years ago,was really cool, many shops all on the same street. Plus some great street food there.Walked by one tiny shop that looked like a butcher shop for snakes,my girlfriend wouldn't go in,I went and snakes in big glass cases and some already butchered and hanging. like sausages was weird.

|

2/15/2020 4:38 PM

suzukifa2014 wrote:

I didn’t order the whale or seek it out , Emily ordered 5 different ‘shellfish’ sushi and we were asking what each one was and one was whale. She left it but I was too intrigued and ate it. If it makes you feel better I won’t be eating it again! Felt like I was eating cartilage 🤢

Sorry to offend you, sounds like your passionate about it and that’s great smile

|

2/15/2020 4:41 PM

djc wrote:

I would love to go to Japan. I head it’s expensive though.

I find the accommodation and food in Tokyo fairly cheap in comparison to Australia. You could definitely make it work money hasn’t been on our mind much at all 👍

|

2/15/2020 4:42 PM

neverwas wrote:

Go check the motorcycle shops in Ueno,I was there about 15 years ago,was really cool, many shops all on the same street. Plus some great street food there.Walked by one tiny shop that looked like a butcher shop for snakes,my girlfriend wouldn't go in,I went and snakes in big glass cases and some already butchered and hanging. like sausages was weird.

Mrs said gross no way 😂 but Ueno isn’t far from here so I’ll try get there thanks

|

2/15/2020 4:49 PM

FlickitFlat wrote:

Japan is awesome. What is the atmosphere at the airport with the Cornavirus? I have a small layover in Narita in about a week. I'm just wondering what to expect.

Nearly everyone was wearing masks at the airport. From what I read at the time, Australia had more confirmed cases than Japan. I think at this stage all countries are pretty on to anything coming in from China.
Unless you are visiting China I’d say your as safe in Narita as you would be at home.

|

2/15/2020 4:52 PM

I want to go to Japan so bad! Awesome pics👍

|

2/15/2020 5:03 PM

Bolt-On wrote:

In Hakuba you were actually pretty close to a facility called Gaia. They had a couple of the All Japan Nationals there, and then I believe it sat empty for a while. Now it’s a bit of a practice facility that hosts some GP style races. It’s owned by a gentleman by the name of Masami Hoshino, who runs the JNCC (Japan’s version of GNCC) and is the man behind Rocky Sports. There were a number of pro riders here in the US back in the 90s that were sponsored by Rocky Sports, more so on the off-road side.

I can believe this is their worst winter. When I was there in November 2015, most all of the mountains in that part of the country were snow capped. In November of 2019, there were VERY few snow caps with the exception of the really high elevations.

JNCC also does their final round each season at the Jiigatake Ski Resort, which is about 20 minutes from the Olympic Ski Jump in Hakuba. GNCC and JNCC actually exchange a few pro riders each year for an event. They pick a GNCC event to send a couple of riders to and in exchange we pick a rider to race their finale at Jiigatake.

I’ve been to Japan twice for that final JNCC event and would jump on the opportunity to go every chance I get. Japan is a beautiful country and everyone I’ve met there has always been extremely friendly. The folks at the JNCC events absolutely love racing and it’s pretty cool to be there and see that a language barrier doesn’t matter when people are doing cool stuff on dirt bikes. I would recommend attending a JNCC event but the series doesn’t begin until March.

We also spend a couple of days in Tokyo on those JNCC trips. The JNCC folks usually put us in the Hotel Grand Palace, which is basically on the back side of Budokan, sort of between the Imperial Palace and the Tokyo Dome. The times I’ve gone, we’ve walked to a Korean BBQ restaurant which is some of the best food I’ve ever had. For anyone who hasn’t heard of this, they put hot coals in a pit at your table and bring you meat that you just cook to your liking; and it’s delicious. Even the cow tongue is really good. Random snacks and sandwiches from 7-11 are really good too. So many varieties of chip flavors and some really cool “Crispy Chocolate” snacks.

We've checked out Shibuya Square and the SkyTree, both of which are so impressive. Overall, anyone who has the opportunity to go to Japan should absolutely do it. I’ve only been twice, but like I said, any chance I get to do it again I’m definitely going.

Bummer would of loved to even just see a track! Yes the 7/11 ‘s are awsome!

Thanks for the info when I googled jmx i counlldnt get anything in English.

|

2/15/2020 5:10 PM

A lot of places down there rent bikes if you want to go ride. I think Plaza Sakashita was one.

|

2/15/2020 5:18 PM

FlickitFlat wrote:

js451 wrote:

Nearly everyone was wearing masks at the airport. From what I read at the time, Australia had more confirmed cases than Japan. I think at this stage all countries are pretty on to anything coming in from China.
Unless you are visiting China I’d say your as safe in Narita as you would be at home.

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. I'm really not that concerned but on my flights to Indonesia and the news of the cruise ship in Japan getting detained, Narita became something I was for sure wondering about. I hope I don't sneeze and get pulled off for testing. I'm kinda serious, I was in Narita one time and I was sleeping in a chair because I got there at 6 AM. I woke up with my name being called on the intercom. They pulled me in the back and gave me a check up, temperature, heart rate,hair sample and even scraped under my finger nails. I don't know what all that was about but it happened and there wasn't even a virus scare going on at the time.

|

2/15/2020 5:22 PM

FlickitFlat wrote:

Thanks man, I appreciate the response. I'm really not that concerned but on my flights to Indonesia and the news of the cruise ship in Japan getting detained, Narita became something I was for sure wondering about. I hope I don't sneeze and get pulled off for testing. I'm kinda serious, I was in Narita one time and I was sleeping in a chair because I got there at 6 AM. I woke up with my name being called on the intercom. They pulled me in the back and gave me a check up, temperature, heart rate,hair sample and even scraped under my finger nails. I don't know what all that was about but it happened and there wasn't even a virus scare going on at the time.

Wow I’ve never experienced anything like that before, maybe sleep on the flight and try stay awake in the airport. I did get some police give me some looks when I was sitting on the floor charging my phone at a random power point

|

2/16/2020 9:35 AM

Falcon wrote:

Japan is cool. I've been twice. Love the people, hate the food (sorry, I'm too Americanized. I have a really hard time in Japan because I hate seafood, soy sauce and I refuse to eat raw animals!)

On my first day in Japan, I went to a Starbucks and the girl behind the counter instantly knew it was my first time. She wrote "Welcome to Japan" and drew an airplane on my cup. Super-friendly people.

Ah, you have to learn about Japanese comfort foods. Plenty of hearty, tasty cuisine(meat, fried food, j-curry, okonomiyaki), fit for an American palate.

|