Vision (contacts)

Related:
Create New Tag

12/31/2018 6:46 PM

Has anybody ever had a problem with racing with contacts in and your vision getting blurry? Usually race harescrambles so its 2 hours with no air to the eyes is why im guessing they get blurry on me. I tried prescription inserts that go in goggles but felt like I was drunk riding with those.

|

12/31/2018 6:52 PM

I wear Acuvue contacts....

|

Germany 1975 250 CZ Centerport, laydown shocks, mikuni with reed valve, Marzocchi forks with me as the motopilot

12/31/2018 6:54 PM

Yes. This is going to sound stupid, but blink more. I was focused and not blinking enough

|

12/31/2018 6:59 PM

Yeah mine get dry and blurry. Gets worse when it’s hot and dusty. I gotta sack up and do lasik.

|

Alright Lunger, Let's Do It

12/31/2018 7:02 PM

I also wear Acuvue contacts, and in my case without major issues.

They only bother me on long motos, on hot days, when too much sweat gets into my eyes. As that happens, the vision gets a little blurry sometimes.

|

12/31/2018 7:07 PM

I wear daily’s and every now and then I have some issues with mine drying out just because I don’t honk enough

|

2011 Yamaha YZ 250 -MX
1996 Yamaha Banshee 350 -Trails
1982 Chevy S10
2005 Pontiac GTO -451rwhp

12/31/2018 7:16 PM

I find that if that set of lenses is older or worn out it will occur @ higher frequency

|

12/31/2018 7:17 PM

Yep, blink more.

|

12/31/2018 7:36 PM

Went to the eye doctor today for this very issue. He said that when your adrenaline increases your eyes can decrease/increase tears which will alter your vision. He prescribed me a set of dailys to see if I notice difference compared to monthlys. I notice mine go blurry when i get in a battle or get nervous or tired; I guess during those times my heart rate increases and adrenaline increases. Super annoying because I can feel my lap times drastically get worse.

|

12/31/2018 7:44 PM
Edited Date/Time: 12/31/2018 7:44 PM

I use 30 day biofinity contacts and biotrue solution. never have issues with them. even on all day streetbike rides with my visor up its not an issue. i'm not sure if you do this, but putting a drop of solution in the "bowl" of the contact before you put it in your eye makes a BIG difference in dryness.

|

12/31/2018 7:51 PM

I made a thread about this a while back. I was thinking it was my goggles letting in too much air, which was part of the problem. I was using some americas best inhouse brand that were a 30 day wear. I switched to a 14 day acuvue hydro and it helped a lot.

|

1/1/2019 12:03 AM

I’ve started wearing dailies for astigmatism, Acuvue Oasys. They are super thin and I have much less problems with them getting dry and rotating on my eye compared to 14 or 30 day lenses. Dry lenses that rotate are brutal for astigmatisms, everything goes blurry AF.

|

Old MXer turned Superfan.

1/1/2019 12:13 AM

Mine used to dry out when I rode.

|

1/1/2019 5:48 AM

I used to wear Acuvue Oasys and just recently switched to Acuvue Vita, both perform about the same for me. Mine used to dry out until I started using Clear Care contact solution. Stuff works wonders.

|

1/1/2019 7:26 AM

My contacts dry out when I sit in front of the computer all day working and I have to use re-wetting drops but don't bother me riding at all. Maybe try some re-wetting drops right before you put your helmet on, may not last for 2 hours.

|

recmx.com

REC MX, JE Pistons, Wiseco, Rusk Racing, Yoshimura, Enzo Racing, Dubya Wheels, Asterisk, Rocket Performance, CCR Sport, & MMR

1/1/2019 8:38 AM

Not only did they dry out, but I lost more than a few while racing/practicing. I know $2500 (or so) is a big chunk of change for LASIK, but it ended up being the best $2500 I ever spent.

|

1/1/2019 9:23 AM
Edited Date/Time: 1/1/2019 9:24 AM

I experience the same thing and often times my contacts want to "float" out of my eyes...so frustrating. Solutions/best options for me are similar to what has already been mentioned....fresh contacts, remembering to blink frequently, and the most helpful has been using lubricating drops before my race.

I also have found that the thinnest, highest moisture contacts work best for me...kinda hard to find but the best for me has been Extreme H2O contacts, and I feel like I've tried them all.

|

1/1/2019 10:13 AM

Acuvue Oasys. DAILIES. Throw them out after one use. Eyes too valuable to risk infection. There’s literally poop in the track dirt. Good for a day of Moto and about 8 hrs before they bug me. Never any issues floating or popping out. Size matters, went through a couple different sizes till the perfect fit.

|

1/1/2019 10:28 AM

I wear contacts, never 2 hour motos, but ride here in the dry desert. I have Aqua optix contacts which breathe really well.

|

"Asking this question here is analogous to going to a KrispyKreme store and asking the patrons if you should have a doughnut."-NotCore

1/1/2019 10:50 AM

My ex was an eye doctor that had Lasik and one of her eyes waters all the time now. In the 80's I used to ride with the old hard lenses. One spec of dirt in the eye and you pulled off the track because it felt like a piece of glass was going into your eye.

Worse was charging into turn 1 at TWS at 155mph and blinked one out of my eye. Had to finish the race with one eye closed.

The dailies are the only ones that work for me w/ moto.

|

1/1/2019 11:07 AM

Broc didn’t we used to battle out on 80’s at Casey and Salem Illinois? Cool to see you’re still racing.

|