Vince f-ing Friese

2/8/2021 3:49pm
byke wrote:
Are we down to "NO U" yet..?
We're battling for final position. Keep out of this.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
870th
2/8/2021 3:49pm
But you laid out the thought experiment in your first post, in response to mine! I am literally just doing what you asked.
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you...
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you initially asserted that you wouldn't have made it to the main.

But sure, if that's the position that you want to take, that's fine. I'll just take my real world experience of talking with other fans and move along.
Your real world experience from talking with other fans is that Vince Friese is what makes Supercross inaccessible for the first time viewers you postulated in...
Your real world experience from talking with other fans is that Vince Friese is what makes Supercross inaccessible for the first time viewers you postulated in your hypothetical?
I'm no longer going to engage with you as it's apparent to me that you're being willfully obtuse and misconstruing that I said. I simply said that front runners getting tangled with lappers is a detriment to the product. At which point, you said that Vince Friese was not detrimental.

Further, I never said anything was "inaccessible." I said that to an uneducated viewer that lappers interfering (intentionally or not) with leaders is far more detrimental to the race than any of the issues you brought up.

But beyond that, both of our arguments are opinion based, and it's obvious that we'll never agree, so good day to you.
2/8/2021 3:51pm
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you...
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you initially asserted that you wouldn't have made it to the main.

But sure, if that's the position that you want to take, that's fine. I'll just take my real world experience of talking with other fans and move along.
Your real world experience from talking with other fans is that Vince Friese is what makes Supercross inaccessible for the first time viewers you postulated in...
Your real world experience from talking with other fans is that Vince Friese is what makes Supercross inaccessible for the first time viewers you postulated in your hypothetical?
I'm no longer going to engage with you as it's apparent to me that you're being willfully obtuse and misconstruing that I said. I simply said...
I'm no longer going to engage with you as it's apparent to me that you're being willfully obtuse and misconstruing that I said. I simply said that front runners getting tangled with lappers is a detriment to the product. At which point, you said that Vince Friese was not detrimental.

Further, I never said anything was "inaccessible." I said that to an uneducated viewer that lappers interfering (intentionally or not) with leaders is far more detrimental to the race than any of the issues you brought up.

But beyond that, both of our arguments are opinion based, and it's obvious that we'll never agree, so good day to you.
Sorry. Can't respond.

Byke took me out of it even though he was clearly blue-flagged.
LKHill
2/8/2021 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 3:57pm
JHForman wrote:
can we just forget barcia and tomac were caught up in this, and instead acknowledge that vince has ruined the results of several main events this...
can we just forget barcia and tomac were caught up in this, and instead acknowledge that vince has ruined the results of several main events this year already?
If you can't get on the podium how is a guy supposed to get any press?

The Shop

byke
2/8/2021 3:57pm
I just want to know who's on the top and who's on the bottom.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/8/2021 4:01pm
byke wrote:
Are we down to "NO U" yet..?
I know you are, but what am I?
2/8/2021 4:01pm
byke wrote:
Dude. You want a Cannondale, you're not allowed to throw any shade.
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
2/8/2021 4:11pm
For what it's worth I like Barcia and don't really care for Friese, but that one was on Barcia. That was an awkward section and Barcia rushed it. If he would have checked up for a second he would have made the pass immediately after the triple.
byke
2/8/2021 4:15pm
byke wrote:
I like pretty much anything with an engine/motor and wheels. Heck, my most ridden bike by far is my xr50.
2/8/2021 4:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 4:18pm
byke wrote:
byke wrote:
I like pretty much anything with an engine/motor and wheels. Heck, my most ridden bike by far is my xr50.
Can't argue with that. Xr50s are maybe the best bike ever, and Honda 50s are the best selling vehicle in the HISTORY OF THE WORLD.

Do you go to Foresthill?
byke
2/8/2021 4:20pm
I'd guess it's closed right now? But yes I do go. I lived in the valley for a long time and would ride the local mx tracks, mmx/argyll/riverfront, but then moved into the foothills and have just been trail riding. Foresthill is cool, but to be honest, I've been getting really bored with all the local spots. Think I need a smoker to boost interest again...
2/8/2021 4:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 4:27pm
byke wrote:
I'd guess it's closed right now? But yes I do go. I lived in the valley for a long time and would ride the local mx...
I'd guess it's closed right now? But yes I do go. I lived in the valley for a long time and would ride the local mx tracks, mmx/argyll/riverfront, but then moved into the foothills and have just been trail riding. Foresthill is cool, but to be honest, I've been getting really bored with all the local spots. Think I need a smoker to boost interest again...
All the state parks are open.

Just took my novice teenager (he rode some moto as a youth, but decided it wasn't his thing) to Mammoth Bar in your neighborhood last weekend. Lots of trails were shut down for maintenance, but park was open and running. The MX track was gated and derelict.
byke
2/8/2021 4:32pm
byke wrote:
I'd guess it's closed right now? But yes I do go. I lived in the valley for a long time and would ride the local mx...
All the state parks are open. Just took my novice teenager (he rode some moto as a youth, but decided it wasn't his thing) to Mammoth...

Just took my novice teenager (he rode some moto as a youth, but decided it wasn't his thing) to Mammoth Bar in your neighborhood last weekend. Lots of trails were shut down for maintenance, but park was open and running. The MX track was gated and derelict.
I think the OHV's are federal and the SVRA's are state? Foresthill is an OHV? Anyway, they gotta be closed. I actually live east of Auburn and we had maybe 3ft of snow from that last big storm. There's still close to a foot of snow in the open sunny spots, which means Foresthill would be unridable with all that shade.

Such a bummer about Mammoth Bar, that little 20sec sand track was actually a lot of fun.
2/8/2021 4:36pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 4:43pm
byke wrote:
All the state parks are open. Just took my novice teenager (he rode some moto as a youth, but decided it wasn't his thing) to Mammoth...

byke wrote:
I think the OHV's are federal and the SVRA's are state? Foresthill is an OHV? Anyway, they gotta be closed. I actually live east of Auburn...
I think the OHV's are federal and the SVRA's are state? Foresthill is an OHV? Anyway, they gotta be closed. I actually live east of Auburn and we had maybe 3ft of snow from that last big storm. There's still close to a foot of snow in the open sunny spots, which means Foresthill would be unridable with all that shade.

Such a bummer about Mammoth Bar, that little 20sec sand track was actually a lot of fun.
Had about 3ft of thistle growing on it (this was just before the big storm) so the gate has been there at least through the year. But there was a kid there working the booth for the parking lot.
byke
2/8/2021 4:55pm
Well you had me curious, been a while since I checked their website. I figured it was done for since they've been talking about rebuilding for years and still no soil has been moved. Buuuuuut...I guess they've been working on a pretty significant impact study and it's been in process, albeit moving very slowly. Maybe in another year or two we'll have a revamped facility over there..?

https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/980/files/Mammoth%20Bar%20Track%20Repair…

2/8/2021 5:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 5:26pm
byke wrote:
Well you had me curious, been a while since I checked their website. I figured it was done for since they've been talking about rebuilding for...
Well you had me curious, been a while since I checked their website. I figured it was done for since they've been talking about rebuilding for years and still no soil has been moved. Buuuuuut...I guess they've been working on a pretty significant impact study and it's been in process, albeit moving very slowly. Maybe in another year or two we'll have a revamped facility over there..?

https://www.parks.ca.gov/pages/980/files/Mammoth%20Bar%20Track%20Repair…

That does look cool. The purple area is prob enough for a passable little track, and the uphill shift could give it a small elevation change comparative to completely sitting in the river bed as it did previously
Myke
Fantasy
2883rd
2/8/2021 6:33pm
Vince on Pulp right now.
ShawdowGlen
2/8/2021 6:40pm
What are the percentages of Vital members who will NEVER reach the level of where Vince Friese has risen to?

Yeah....thought so.

2/8/2021 6:53pm
What are the percentages of Vital members who will NEVER reach the level of where Vince Friese has risen to?

Yeah....thought so.

And? Just because only a couple Vital posters have reached that level doesn't mean we can't judge an incident that was shown on national TV. Chill down, nobody is saying they are faster than Friese. I raced at a high level, but holy 💩 after seeing that double and the ruts up the triple after....I'm OUT.
He's at that level because he's proven himself to be an elite professional-level rider, so he should be held accountable for a screw up. Many, many screw ups.
Like I said before, this isn't the first time. Does that mean Friese is ALWAYS in the wrong? Of course not.
He didn't move out of the way, even though he knew the lead pack was coming because he already got lapped by Kenny and Webb.
Friese should have moved over. Barcia should have waited. Period.
Markus422
2/8/2021 8:31pm
Vince on Pulp tonight saying "I strongly believe I did nothing wrong" and "Barcia jumped into the back of me" lmao
Moto520
2/8/2021 8:51pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 8:51pm

I'm no longer going to engage with you as it's apparent to me that you're being willfully obtuse and misconstruing that I said. I simply said...

You said you weren’t going to engage.....then immediately engaged. I don’t like it
brocster
2/8/2021 8:53pm
Markus422 wrote:
Vince on Pulp tonight saying "I strongly believe I did nothing wrong" and "Barcia jumped into the back of me" lmao
and he is 100% correct on both points

It’s too damn easy to Monday morning quarterback when you are NOT Vince

Show me the rule he violated and how can anyone but Vince know the answer. You saw what you saw but you don’t know what Vince felt but he is telling you how he feels and honestly that’s all we can go with given the rule and all it’s subjectivity

carry on...
enketchum
2/8/2021 10:31pm
dayzed wrote:
[embed][/embed]
I was there when that happened. I saw the whole thing and the place went wild

good times
WFO
2/8/2021 11:01pm
brocster wrote:
and he is 100% correct on both points It’s too damn easy to Monday morning quarterback when you are NOT Vince Show me the rule he...

Show me the rule he violated and how can anyone but Vince know the answer. You saw what you saw but you don’t know what Vince felt but he is telling you how he feels and honestly that’s all we can go with given the rule and all it’s subjectivity

carry on...
I'm not sure how much of a "Rule" moving over for the blue flag is, but Vince obviously missed them. Unless and until someone "Enforces" the "Blue" flag it will continue to be ignored or missed. Why have them if you can pick and choose when to honor them?
CPR
2/8/2021 11:26pm
Markus422 wrote:
brocster wrote:
and he is 100% correct on both points It’s too damn easy to Monday morning quarterback when you are NOT Vince Show me the rule he...

carry on...
“ Show me the rule he violated ...”

Here ya go; rules 2 & 3.

Motofinne
2/8/2021 11:44pm
Markus422 wrote:
brocster wrote:

carry on...
Wrong, wrong, wrong. See the post above.

Ridiculous comment by Friese. Just shows that he either doesn't know the rules or is too arrogant/too much of a dick to obey the rules.
RG1
2/9/2021 4:42am Edited Date/Time 2/9/2021 4:46am
Markus422 wrote:
brocster wrote:

carry on...
Motofinne wrote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong. See the post above. Ridiculous comment by Friese. Just shows that he either doesn't know the rules or is too arrogant/too much of...
Wrong, wrong, wrong. See the post above.

Ridiculous comment by Friese. Just shows that he either doesn't know the rules or is too arrogant/too much of a dick to obey the rules.
I don’t think Friese did anything wrong that we haven’t seen many many other riders do. He didn’t do anything that Wilson didn’t do at Houston for example, both guys were just holding their line. Barcia could see Friese, Friese couldn’t see Barcia. If you’re following a rider, they take the race line and you land on the back of them, you have to take some blame there
bh84
Fantasy
1830th
2/9/2021 5:36am
We're battling for final position. Keep out of this.
If Vince had done that this thread wouldn’t exist Woohoo

Post a reply to: Vince f-ing Friese

The Latest