Vince f-ing Friese

2/8/2021 7:09am
I hope Barcia gets a start behind Vince next race. I want to see the payback Barcia gives him... it aint going to be small
Has Barcia changed enough to just let it go? Or is he going to hold a grudge? I hope it's the former, but only time will tell.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/8/2021 7:20am
We can all argue about what the AMA rulebook says, but SX is a product, and Vince Friese is fucking up the product.
2/8/2021 7:31am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 9:12am
We can all argue about what the AMA rulebook says, but SX is a product, and Vince Friese is fucking up the product.
Things that fucked up the product:
[list][*]Unimaginative track
[*]Half-assed live production
[*]46 second lap times
[*]Absolutely destroyed dirt used for multiple consecutive indoor races in heart of endless-traction-country
[*]Bricks
[*]"Monstercross Energy"
[*]Baffling AMA decisions.
[*]Follow-the-leader racing
[*]Replays of other races popping up during critical battles.
[*]COVID crowd restraints (understandable, but does reduce the excitement)
[/list]
Things that did not fuck up the product:
[list][*]Any of the riders.[/list]

The Shop

tingo
2/8/2021 7:58am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 8:01am
Barcia on running into Ken: "The racing incident with Kenny was just that I misjudged the section...I talked to Kenny and he agreed..all good there." They most definitely would not be "all good" had Ken gone down, been hurt (ask Bowers), suffered a mechanical, etc.

Barcia on jumping into Vince: "Everyone knows the rider and it was completely out of my hands unfortunately." Vince is an easy scapegoat, and he definitely should have moved out of the way. But for Barcia to say it was "out of his hands" when he clearly jumped into the back of a slower rider is classic Barcia.

The dude will never change. Fast as hell, but also a spaz and a hypocrite.
Moto-Dude
2/8/2021 9:04am
He for sure didn't intentionally try to crash them. But he also didn't intentionally get out of the way. He's riding around in his own Vince...
He for sure didn't intentionally try to crash them. But he also didn't intentionally get out of the way. He's riding around in his own Vince Friese world and just doesn't care.

They need to start giving 1 round suspensions to lappers who don't get out of the way.
He's riding around in his own Vince Friese world and just doesn't care.

Yeah, I think the same. It looks like if a lapped rider would pick a line and stick with it, it would help.
mx317
2/8/2021 9:31am
He for sure didn't intentionally try to crash them. But he also didn't intentionally get out of the way. He's riding around in his own Vince...
He for sure didn't intentionally try to crash them. But he also didn't intentionally get out of the way. He's riding around in his own Vince Friese world and just doesn't care.

They need to start giving 1 round suspensions to lappers who don't get out of the way.
Moto-Dude wrote:
[i]He's riding around in his own Vince Friese world and just doesn't care.[/i] Yeah, I think the same. It looks like if a lapped rider would...
He's riding around in his own Vince Friese world and just doesn't care.

Yeah, I think the same. It looks like if a lapped rider would pick a line and stick with it, it would help.
That's what he did.
SilverSpurs
2/8/2021 10:00am
tingo wrote:
Barcia on running into Ken: "The [u]racing incident[/u] with Kenny was just that I misjudged the section...I talked to Kenny and he agreed..all good there." They...
Barcia on running into Ken: "The racing incident with Kenny was just that I misjudged the section...I talked to Kenny and he agreed..all good there." They most definitely would not be "all good" had Ken gone down, been hurt (ask Bowers), suffered a mechanical, etc.

Barcia on jumping into Vince: "Everyone knows the rider and it was completely out of my hands unfortunately." Vince is an easy scapegoat, and he definitely should have moved out of the way. But for Barcia to say it was "out of his hands" when he clearly jumped into the back of a slower rider is classic Barcia.

Correct

They need to have a visible warning and retardation device on Barcia's bike.

In that Indy 3 race he hit Cianciarulo,  Roczen and Friese and caused Tomac to crash, and if not for the happy placement of the blocks would have run off the track before Webb passed him.

Including himself that is a quarter of the field he interfered with.

Guy is a major menace and needs a black flag with #51 on it specially made.
DK23
2/8/2021 11:24am
tingo wrote:
Barcia on running into Ken: "The [u]racing incident[/u] with Kenny was just that I misjudged the section...I talked to Kenny and he agreed..all good there." They...

Correct They need to have a visible warning and retardation device on Barcia's bike. In that Indy 3 race he hit Cianciarulo,  Roczen and Friese and caused...

Correct

In that Indy 3 race he hit Cianciarulo,  Roczen and Friese and caused Tomac to crash, and if not for the happy placement of the blocks would have run off the track before Webb passed him.

So let me get this right. Friese did nothing wrong and Barcia crashed into him, but Barcia followed the same line and yet it was his fault Tomac hit him? Wow that is sound logic.
Bultaco
2/8/2021 11:39am
Has anyone thought about #51 and #3 could not see the riders on the other side of the jump. Tomac for sure, would not have used the line he took, if he could see Barcia and bike heaped in the middle of the trough. Barcia is similar, if he could have seen Friese taking his time, I don't think Barcia would have hit him. Barcia tried to evade collision by heading to the left.

Not defending Friese as I recognize y'all need a villain, but these guys don't crash themselves out intentionally. I suspect it was more a chain reaction of unexpected hazards on the blind side of a jump.
jambalaya
2/8/2021 11:48am
Bultaco wrote:
Has anyone thought about #51 and #3 could not see the riders on the other side of the jump. Tomac for sure, would not have used...
Has anyone thought about #51 and #3 could not see the riders on the other side of the jump. Tomac for sure, would not have used the line he took, if he could see Barcia and bike heaped in the middle of the trough. Barcia is similar, if he could have seen Friese taking his time, I don't think Barcia would have hit him. Barcia tried to evade collision by heading to the left.

Not defending Friese as I recognize y'all need a villain, but these guys don't crash themselves out intentionally. I suspect it was more a chain reaction of unexpected hazards on the blind side of a jump.
He’s not getting the benefit of the doubt because he’s repeatedly been noticeably a pain the ass to lap
SilverSpurs
2/8/2021 12:08pm
tingo wrote:

Correct They need to have a visible warning and retardation device on Barcia's bike. In that Indy 3 race he hit Cianciarulo,  Roczen and Friese and caused...

Correct

DK23 wrote:
So let me get this right. Friese did nothing wrong and Barcia crashed into him, but Barcia followed the same line and yet it was his...
So let me get this right. Friese did nothing wrong and Barcia crashed into him, but Barcia followed the same line and yet it was his fault Tomac hit him? Wow that is sound logic.
2/8/2021 12:47pm
Friese was getting lapped and absolutely didn't make an effort to move over. I think that's an objective observation.
Barcia pushed the issue and hit Friese, who was definitely in the main racing line. If anything Barcia should have been more careful BECAUSE it was Friese.
Vince was being an idiot and not being courteous to the lead pack, AND Barcia made a mistake trying to jump around/past Friese.
BOTH things can be true here. It's Friese, you have to know he's probably not going to move and he's going to stay in the race line...so as much as I can't stand him, it's not all on Friese.
Two bad decisions caused this one.
tuttle425
2/8/2021 12:52pm
Friese is going to be on Pulp tonight. Will be interesting to hear his take on all of this.
LKHill
2/8/2021 2:17pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 2:32pm
Friese was getting lapped and absolutely didn't make an effort to move over. I think that's an objective observation. Barcia pushed the issue and hit Friese...
Friese was getting lapped and absolutely didn't make an effort to move over. I think that's an objective observation.
Barcia pushed the issue and hit Friese, who was definitely in the main racing line. If anything Barcia should have been more careful BECAUSE it was Friese.
Vince was being an idiot and not being courteous to the lead pack, AND Barcia made a mistake trying to jump around/past Friese.
BOTH things can be true here. It's Friese, you have to know he's probably not going to move and he's going to stay in the race line...so as much as I can't stand him, it's not all on Friese.
Two bad decisions caused this one.
For some reason I am better with this than the Wilson Incident. In the swap moto he said he didn't want to get lapped. Fair enough and no apology. I don't think he is buddy's with Barcia or Tomac. It was a rhythm and was a one time deal. Deano I am more inclined to believe he was trying to change the outcome of the race I guess because it went on for so long.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/8/2021 2:36pm
[b]Things that fucked up the product:[/b] [list][*]Unimaginative track [*]Half-assed live production [*]46 second lap times [*]Absolutely destroyed dirt used for multiple consecutive indoor races in heart...
[*]46 second lap times
[*]Absolutely destroyed dirt used for multiple consecutive indoor races in heart of endless-traction-country
[*]Bricks
[*]"Monstercross Energy"
[/list]
In your opinion sure, but let's imagine for a moment that Indy 3 was the first supercross race you ever watched and you don't know a damn thing about it, none of the other stuff you mentioned matters.

That's the only lens through which Feld should look at this.
JHForman
2/8/2021 2:43pm
can we just forget barcia and tomac were caught up in this, and instead acknowledge that vince has ruined the results of several main events this year already?
2/8/2021 2:45pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 2:51pm
[b]Things that fucked up the product:[/b] [list][*]Unimaginative track [*]Half-assed live production [*]46 second lap times [*]Absolutely destroyed dirt used for multiple consecutive indoor races in heart...
[*]46 second lap times
[*]Bricks
[*]"Monstercross Energy"
[/list]
In your opinion sure, but let's imagine for a moment that Indy 3 was the first supercross race you ever watched and you don't know a...
In your opinion sure, but let's imagine for a moment that Indy 3 was the first supercross race you ever watched and you don't know a damn thing about it, none of the other stuff you mentioned matters.

LOL.

I wouldn't have made it even remotely close to the main if I was just an impartial sportfan remote-surfing this Feld/NBC/Peacock production.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/8/2021 2:51pm
[*]46 second lap times
[*]Bricks
[*]"Monstercross Energy"
[/list]
In your opinion sure, but let's imagine for a moment that Indy 3 was the first supercross race you ever watched and you don't know a...

LOL.

I wouldn't have made it even remotely close to the main if I was just an impartial sportfan remote-surfing this Feld/NBC/Peacock production.
Oh is that the standard we're holding this to? Would Dirty Points have made it this far? No? Well then I guess it's a moot point and an absolute impossibility.

2/8/2021 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 3:18pm

LOL.

Oh is that the standard we're holding this to? Would Dirty Points have made it this far? No? Well then I guess it's a moot point...
Oh is that the standard we're holding this to? Would Dirty Points have made it this far? No? Well then I guess it's a moot point and an absolute impossibility.

Dude. You are the one who made hypothetical first-watchability the metric.

I am just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with top-level athletes (including Friese), gorgeous dirt, and badass motorcycles. All of that fucking kicks ass. That's the product.

If the overall package sucks, look to the other factors. Maybe there's not enough of those fundamental three things -- I doubt there's too much of them.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/8/2021 3:17pm
LOL.

Oh is that the standard we're holding this to? Would Dirty Points have made it this far? No? Well then I guess it's a moot point...

Dude. You are the one who made hypothetical first-watchability the metric. I am just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with top-level athletes (including Friese)...

I am just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with top-level athletes (including Friese), gorgeous dirt, and badass motorcycles. All of that fucking kicks ass. That's the product.

If the overall package sucks, look to the other factors. Maybe there's not enough of those fundamental three things -- I doubt there's too much of them.
You're right, I made the metric, then you said you wouldn't make it to the main. Great, was I talking about you? No I wasn't.

But just so you know, you're wrong, casual fans do exist, I work with quite a few of them, and you know what they all mentioned this morning? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the track.

Anytime the leaders crash due to a lapper, it hurts the product whether or not you, as a hardcore fan, realizes it. Casual fans don't give a fuck about laptimes, or one lined tracks. All they see is that some fucking bozo who wasn't even involved in the battle fucked it up.

If this happened in any other major racing series, Vince Friese is penalized (Dean Wilson too). You think a backmarker in F1 would ever be like "racing line, amirite?"

And the product doesn't suck. If it sucks to you, you're thinking about it too hard, all the casual fans I know have said the racing has been awesome this year. And you're right the things you've mention could be improved, but let's also be frank, Friese has been involved in an incident in every single race this year. At what point do you call a liability a liability?
2/8/2021 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 3:32pm

Dude. You are the one who made hypothetical first-watchability the metric. I am just pointing out that there is nothing wrong with top-level athletes (including Friese)...

You're right, I made the metric, then you said you wouldn't make it to the main. Great, was I talking about you? No I wasn't. But...
You're right, I made the metric, then you said you wouldn't make it to the main. Great, was I talking about you? No I wasn't.

But just so you know, you're wrong, casual fans do exist, I work with quite a few of them, and you know what they all mentioned this morning? I'll give you a hint, it wasn't the track.

Anytime the leaders crash due to a lapper, it hurts the product whether or not you, as a hardcore fan, realizes it. Casual fans don't give a fuck about laptimes, or one lined tracks. All they see is that some fucking bozo who wasn't even involved in the battle fucked it up.

If this happened in any other major racing series, Vince Friese is penalized (Dean Wilson too). You think a backmarker in F1 would ever be like "racing line, amirite?"

And the product doesn't suck. If it sucks to you, you're thinking about it too hard, all the casual fans I know have said the racing has been awesome this year. And you're right the things you've mention could be improved, but let's also be frank, Friese has been involved in an incident in every single race this year. At what point do you call a liability a liability?
If I watched any new form of racing -- motor, road, offroad, foot -- and some dude who was competing for the win ran right into the back of a backmarker, fell down, and then came in fourth to last, my initial thought would be: "...Well that dude is obviously fast, but not not the smartest."

Probably wouldn't even consider where the backmarker should or shouldn't be.

...And that is probably as far as my train of thought would go. And first impressions are often right.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/8/2021 3:29pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 3:29pm

You're right, I made the metric, then you said you wouldn't make it to the main. Great, was I talking about you? No I wasn't. But...

If I watched any new form of racing -- motor, road, offroad, foot -- and some dude who was competing for the win ran right into...
If I watched any new form of racing -- motor, road, offroad, foot -- and some dude who was competing for the win ran right into the back of a backmarker, fell down, and then came in fourth to last, my initial thought would be: "...Well that dude is obviously fast, but not not the smartest."

...And that is probably as far as my train of thought would go. And first impressions are often right.
Again, none of my points are about you.
2/8/2021 3:34pm

If I watched any new form of racing -- motor, road, offroad, foot -- and some dude who was competing for the win ran right into...

But you laid out the thought experiment in your first post, in response to mine! I am literally just doing what you asked.
TooTallJason
Fantasy
826th
2/8/2021 3:37pm

But you laid out the thought experiment in your first post, in response to mine! I am literally just doing what you asked.
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you initially asserted that you wouldn't have made it to the main.

But sure, if that's the position that you want to take, that's fine. I'll just take my real world experience of talking with other fans and move along.
2/8/2021 3:43pm Edited Date/Time 2/8/2021 3:44pm
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you...
I'd argue that while you could maintain that position, that once I started talking about real people, it was no longer the thought experiment, as you initially asserted that you wouldn't have made it to the main.

But sure, if that's the position that you want to take, that's fine. I'll just take my real world experience of talking with other fans and move along.
Your real world experience from talking with other fans is that Vince Friese is what makes Supercross inaccessible for the first time viewers you postulated in your hypothetical?
byke
2/8/2021 3:46pm
Are we down to "NO U" yet..?

Post a reply to: Vince f-ing Friese

The Latest