Vince Friese interview can be found

dustmx
Fantasy
1861st
10/27/2022 5:53pm
RPM68 wrote:
I think he has done enough damage over the years that he needs a wake up call. I like the idea of him being suspended from...
I think he has done enough damage over the years that he needs a wake up call. I like the idea of him being suspended from AMA Supercross, so he needs to figure out a way to go racing on his own outside the US to make some money on a dirt bike.

Who was the Road Racer that got banned for hitting a riders front brake? Imagine if someone has done that multiple times and still no repercussions.

You could always go the cancel culture route and just not support his sponsors...That's not really fair to those companies though.
Boira wrote:
Romano Fenati
TeamGreen wrote:
For anyone that’s road-raced…
That shit-move right there? The offender is getting his ass THRASHED when we get back in pits! Grinning
I believe the guy got fired and was banned from riding the series. I’m not 100% sure but if someone has the exact details
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
10/27/2022 5:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2022 6:04pm
If only someone who’s deeply knowledgeable in the industry and the inter-politics wrote an article explaining the connection and relationship between the AMA and the FIM…..

FIM IS OUT: Davey Coombs , Steve Matthes & Jason Weigandt

You guys should read twice as much as you post.

The FIM is a sanctioning body for racing, that also sanctions other sanctioning bodies.
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 6:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2022 6:00pm
I think he did enough long ago for severe action to be taken by the AMA, but that action did not happen. That does not mean...
I think he did enough long ago for severe action to be taken by the AMA, but that action did not happen. That does not mean the AMA should now penalize him for actions in a race they didn't sanction. It is unbelievable how some of you think they should be looking at a race in Australia to take action for or against a rider. The AMA has nothing to do with this event!

Someone above said the AMA is under the FIM and that is not correct. The AMA is the AMA and the FIM is their own sanctioning body. They are not related and the AMA does not report to them.
scott_nz wrote:
the AMA is a national federation of the FIM, so they are related, if the FIM was to ban Vince, then the AMA would be expected...
the AMA is a national federation of the FIM, so they are related,

if the FIM was to ban Vince, then the AMA would be expected to enforce it, (like the russians this year)
Show me where they are the national federation of the FIM.....

https://www.fim-moto.com/en/fim/partners

The Shop

8tensolutions
10/27/2022 6:01pm
MxKing809 wrote:
If only someone who’s deeply knowledgeable in the industry and the inter-politics wrote an article explaining the connection and relationship between the AMA and the FIM...
If only someone who’s deeply knowledgeable in the industry and the inter-politics wrote an article explaining the connection and relationship between the AMA and the FIM…..

The FIM is a sanctioning body for racing, that also sanctions other sanctioning bodies.
Agreed! The AMA and FIM have zero affiliation and the AMA does not answer to them.
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 6:22pm
MxKing809 wrote:
If only someone who’s deeply knowledgeable in the industry and the inter-politics wrote an article explaining the connection and relationship between the AMA and the FIM...

Agreed! The AMA and FIM have zero affiliation and the AMA does not answer to them.
😂

"..the FIM had a rule that said member nations could not hold domestic championship events on the same day as a world championship event. The AMA was a member of the FIM and had to abide by that rule"

The AMA is still a member of the FIM. FIM is no longer sanctioning US supercross. Those two are not related.
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 6:40pm
MxKing809 wrote:

USA wrote:
😂 "..the FIM had a rule that said member nations could not hold domestic championship events on the same day as a world championship event. The...
😂

"..the FIM had a rule that said member nations could not hold domestic championship events on the same day as a world championship event. The AMA was a member of the FIM and had to abide by that rule"

The AMA is still a member of the FIM. FIM is no longer sanctioning US supercross. Those two are not related.
Show me anything that shows they are still related in any way.
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 6:54pm
USA wrote:
😂 "..the FIM had a rule that said member nations could not hold domestic championship events on the same day as a world championship event. The...
😂

I thought you were trolling, but now I believe you are truly confused. The fact that you can't provide evidence to your claim and then ask for evidence from me is pretty funny, though. I'll spend 2 minutes doing a simple Google search of "AMA FIM" and post quotes and links from the top 2 hits.

"The AMA is the sole U.S. affiliate of the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme, the world-wide motorcycle sanctioning body based in Geneva, Switzerland. The FIM establishes and enforces competition rules and calendars for all types of international competition, such as motocross, track racing, road racing, trials and enduros."
https://americanmotorcyclist.com/racing-3/international-competition/

"There can be only one federation affiliated with the FIM per country, and the AMA is the designated member federation from the United States."
https://magazine.americanmotorcyclist.com/6266/the-ama-and-the-fim/

8tensolutions
10/27/2022 6:57pm
USA wrote:
😂

USA wrote:
I thought you were trolling, but now I believe you are truly confused. The fact that you can't provide evidence to your claim and then ask...
I thought you were trolling, but now I believe you are truly confused. The fact that you can't provide evidence to your claim and then ask for evidence from me is pretty funny, though. I'll spend 2 minutes doing a simple Google search of "AMA FIM" and post quotes and links from the top 2 hits.

"The AMA is the sole U.S. affiliate of the Fédération Internationale de Motocyclisme, the world-wide motorcycle sanctioning body based in Geneva, Switzerland. The FIM establishes and enforces competition rules and calendars for all types of international competition, such as motocross, track racing, road racing, trials and enduros."

"There can be only one federation affiliated with the FIM per country, and the AMA is the designated member federation from the United States."

Affiliation and governed by are very different things. The AMA is the one for the US so they can provide licenses to rider to be able to participate in races like Des Nations etc. That is 100% different than the AMA having to use FIM rules (which they do not) and/or dealing out penalties to riders that participate in an FIM event.
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 7:02pm
USA wrote:
I thought you were trolling, but now I believe you are truly confused. The fact that you can't provide evidence to your claim and then ask...

Affiliation and governed by are very different things. The AMA is the one for the US so they can provide licenses to rider to be able...
Affiliation and governed by are very different things. The AMA is the one for the US so they can provide licenses to rider to be able to participate in races like Des Nations etc. That is 100% different than the AMA having to use FIM rules (which they do not) and/or dealing out penalties to riders that participate in an FIM event.
What are you even arguing about? I agree with you. I'm saying that the AMA can't ban Vince Friese for something that happened in an FIM event, and since they are affiliates the AMA could face some trouble if they try and levy a punishment when the FIM does not.
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 7:05pm
USA wrote:

Affiliation and governed by are very different things. The AMA is the one for the US so they can provide licenses to rider to be able...
USA wrote:
What are you even arguing about? [u]I agree with you[/u]. I'm saying that the AMA can't ban Vince Friese for something that happened in an FIM...
What are you even arguing about? I agree with you. I'm saying that the AMA can't ban Vince Friese for something that happened in an FIM event, and since they are affiliates the AMA could face some trouble if they try and levy a punishment when the FIM does not.
My bad sir and my apologies. Several others in this thread think the AMA should take action against Vince and that is simply unrealistic. I thought you were in that same boat. Sorry about that.

USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 7:10pm
USA wrote:
What are you even arguing about? [u]I agree with you[/u]. I'm saying that the AMA can't ban Vince Friese for something that happened in an FIM...
My bad sir and my apologies. Several others in this thread think the AMA should take action against Vince and that is simply unrealistic. I thought...
My bad sir and my apologies. Several others in this thread think the AMA should take action against Vince and that is simply unrealistic. I thought you were in that same boat. Sorry about that.

All good, I also think it is silly for people to think that and it seems like the majority right now are calling for AMA to step in.
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 7:13pm
USA wrote:
My bad sir and my apologies. Several others in this thread think the AMA should take action against Vince and that is simply unrealistic. I thought...

USA wrote:
All good, I also think it is silly for people to think that and it seems like the majority right now are calling for AMA to...
All good, I also think it is silly for people to think that and it seems like the majority right now are calling for AMA to step in.
I feel MCR is who needs to do something about it. No doubt he is bogus, but this was against his Teammate which multiplies it by 10 to me, not to mention the "joke" with Grant on the gate.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
10/27/2022 7:55pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2022 7:56pm
USA wrote:

USA wrote:
All good, I also think it is silly for people to think that and it seems like the majority right now are calling for AMA to...
Well shoot dang boys, look at us getting along and getting an objective fact agreed upon.

GREAT SUCCESS!!
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 8:00pm

USA wrote:
I feel MCR is who needs to do something about it. No doubt he is bogus, but this was against his Teammate which multiplies it by...
I feel MCR is who needs to do something about it. No doubt he is bogus, but this was against his Teammate which multiplies it by 10 to me, not to mention the "joke" with Grant on the gate.
I can see where you're coming from. I think the FIM should step in. I can't find a rulebook for WSX, I assume something is in there about "fixing races", or outside interference determining the outcome of a race. If not, who's to stop this from happening again
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 8:28pm
USA wrote:
I feel MCR is who needs to do something about it. No doubt he is bogus, but this was against his Teammate which multiplies it by...
USA wrote:
I can see where you're coming from. I think the FIM should step in. I can't find a rulebook for WSX, I assume something is in...
I can see where you're coming from. I think the FIM should step in. I can't find a rulebook for WSX, I assume something is in there about "fixing races", or outside interference determining the outcome of a race. If not, who's to stop this from happening again
No doubt. Agree 100%
tingo
10/28/2022 6:51am
USA wrote:

IF what JB claimed is true and verified, put me in the camp of those that think Vince should be banned (for a season, at least) from AMA events. I’m not doing the research, but many professional orgs (debatable that the AMA is remotely professional) have morals clauses that extend beyond events that they actually govern. Usually something along the lines of bringing disrepute to the sport or organization.
Robbirob25
10/28/2022 7:03am
Unpopular opinion: can’t be that mad at Vince, how much money on the line for that win 500k - $1M? You wouldn’t take out someone for...
Unpopular opinion: can’t be that mad at Vince, how much money on the line for that win 500k - $1M?
You wouldn’t take out someone for that payday?
500K-1M? for a two race series? C'mon Man...
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
10/28/2022 7:59am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2022 8:13am
crt32 wrote:
"I was just joking, even told Grant, I'm just kidding, he must not have heard the last part or has something against me because he took...
"I was just joking, even told Grant, I'm just kidding, he must not have heard the last part or has something against me because he took my words out of context." All Vince has to say. It was a conversation on the starting line, no text, email, or contract. None of you on here heard it and are just going off hearsay. Was it wrong if true, absolutely, but put yourself in MCRs shoes if Vince is in their office saying I was just kidding.
They had the camera on Vince almost the entire time on the starting line of the 3rd race. It stood out to me, because he was absolutely wired. His eyes were bugging out and darting around and he was doing some really odd things with his hands and arms. I have no idea what, if anything, was said to Harlan. But I can guarantee you that dude wasn't joking around about anything in that moment.
MX369
10/28/2022 8:09am
He always has his thing on starting.
10/28/2022 8:20am Edited Date/Time 10/28/2022 8:24am
Boira wrote:
Romano Fenati
TeamGreen wrote:
For anyone that’s road-raced…
That shit-move right there? The offender is getting his ass THRASHED when we get back in pits! Grinning
dustmx wrote:
I believe the guy got fired and was banned from riding the series. I’m not 100% sure but if someone has the exact details
Fenati was immediately DQ'd and levied a two race ban from the promoter, was fired from his current (2018) Moto2 team, had contract revoked from the Moto2 team he had singed with for 2019, while also pending investigation from the FIM who ultimately revoked his racing license for the rest of the 2018 season.

He was able to find a ride with a Moto3 team for 2019 (which I believe was actually the Moto3 version of the same team [Snipers] that fired him from Moto2), and made his way back up to Moto2 this year where he was fired a few races in for poor results.

Fenati has been involved in plenty of incidents prior to the front brake grab, including kicking another rider and hitting another riders kill switch. He had also been kicked off the VR46 Moto3 team previously for his behavior despite getting podiums and 6 wins during his 2.5 years with them.
Hasletjoe
10/28/2022 8:22am
So what is the issue here? Putting a bounty on a fellow competitor/team mate? Or the act of committing the takeout?
JazzyJJ
10/28/2022 8:24am
Hasletjoe wrote:
So what is the issue here? Putting a bounty on a fellow competitor/team mate? Or the act of committing the takeout?
Yes
davistld01
10/28/2022 8:40am
6-days in...and still crickets from the MCR team. Hmmm...
DunnySeat
Fantasy
2648th
10/28/2022 9:00am
Hasletjoe wrote:
The issue is Friese is an embarrassment to his team.
PNWMXer
10/28/2022 9:18am
If I wanted to hear someone with zero accountability, I’d go to work and get paid for it.

Friese is a moron.
lestat
10/28/2022 11:14am
Hasletjoe wrote:
The bounty and attempted race fixing collusion I would say .
BobbyM
10/28/2022 2:35pm
Can't believe somebody is that stupid to even entertain that thought. But apparently friese is that stupid.
RaceFace58
10/29/2022 12:29am
The AMA can do what they want to protect riders. They aren’t forced to be unable to take any action simply because it happened somewhere else. It should be the team though. It DID happen on their team and to their other team rider. Vince is a negative impact as a sponsored rider now. No team should want him riding for them, he isn’t going to win anything. No loss there. Hire someone who isn’t hated by 90% of moto fans and makes your team look like garbage by having him under your awning.

Post a reply to: Vince Friese interview can be found

The Latest