Vince Friese interview can be found

280driver
10/27/2022 4:32am
ML512 wrote:
Vince is on vacation.
280driver wrote:
The AMA should make it a permanent vacation.
So the AMA should blackball a rider for something he did at a glorified fair race? That's like saying the NBA should ban a player for...
So the AMA should blackball a rider for something he did at a glorified fair race? That's like saying the NBA should ban a player for fouling too much in a pickup game at the YMCA. I agree Vince is a tool, but c'mon.
You’re forgetting all the other times he’s done this in true SX or MX series events. The latest incident is just a bit more mind blowing given he offered a bribe for someone to take out his teammate. You’re ok with that? To me it’s about safety. This is not NASCAR where drivers are protected by sheet metal and a roll cage. Vince’s action could seriously hurt someone.
ARM670
10/27/2022 4:57am
280driver wrote:
The AMA should make it a permanent vacation.
So the AMA should blackball a rider for something he did at a glorified fair race? That's like saying the NBA should ban a player for...
So the AMA should blackball a rider for something he did at a glorified fair race? That's like saying the NBA should ban a player for fouling too much in a pickup game at the YMCA. I agree Vince is a tool, but c'mon.
280driver wrote:
You’re forgetting all the other times he’s done this in true SX or MX series events. The latest incident is just a bit more mind blowing...
You’re forgetting all the other times he’s done this in true SX or MX series events. The latest incident is just a bit more mind blowing given he offered a bribe for someone to take out his teammate. You’re ok with that? To me it’s about safety. This is not NASCAR where drivers are protected by sheet metal and a roll cage. Vince’s action could seriously hurt someone.
It wasn't an AMA sanctioned event. Does NASCAR penalize their drivers for speeding in a school zone even if they have fined a guy for speeding on pit lane? Yes the AMA misses it on alot but this has nothing to do with them.
soggy
Fantasy
3846th
10/27/2022 5:49am
280driver wrote:
You’re forgetting all the other times he’s done this in true SX or MX series events. The latest incident is just a bit more mind blowing...
ARM670 wrote:
It wasn't an AMA sanctioned event. Does NASCAR penalize their drivers for speeding in a school zone even if they have fined a guy for speeding...
It wasn't an AMA sanctioned event. Does NASCAR penalize their drivers for speeding in a school zone even if they have fined a guy for speeding on pit lane? Yes the AMA misses it on alot but this has nothing to do with them.
AMA has had plenty of opportunity to do something and hasn’t. They missed the boat.

That said your analogy is bad. It would be like a nascar driver racing Indy car doing something stupid and NASCAR punishing him. Which I think is in the realm of possibility, but perhaps unlikely.
GangGreen
10/27/2022 5:49am
BobbyM wrote:
where? ML.... Mosiman... Swap, drop the clutch and get this shit done.
ML512 wrote:
Vince is on vacation.
BobbyM wrote:
Track his ass down. If anybody can do it, it'd be you ML.
In my opinion, Smartop Bullfrog Spas Honda should release him immediately based on those allegations. Ridiculous plan, stupid take outs every year, the sport doesn't need riders like him. It's dangerous enough.

The Shop

ARM670
10/27/2022 5:57am
280driver wrote:
ARM670 wrote:
It wasn't an AMA sanctioned event. Does NASCAR penalize their drivers for speeding in a school zone even if they have fined a guy for speeding...
soggy wrote:
AMA has had plenty of opportunity to do something and hasn’t. They missed the boat. That said your analogy is bad. It would be like a...
AMA has had plenty of opportunity to do something and hasn’t. They missed the boat.

That said your analogy is bad. It would be like a nascar driver racing Indy car doing something stupid and NASCAR punishing him. Which I think is in the realm of possibility, but perhaps unlikely.
Doesn't matter whether you like my analogy or not bottom line is this was NOT an AMA event. As I said again the AMA misses a lot, but this is not their deal.
280driver
10/27/2022 6:43am
280driver wrote:
ARM670 wrote:
soggy wrote:
AMA has had plenty of opportunity to do something and hasn’t. They missed the boat. That said your analogy is bad. It would be like a...

My mention of NASCAR was only regarding rider safety. Thought that was pretty clear. There is nothing protecting a rider. Our sport is dangerous enough. If there’s no punishment for this kind of behavior, it will continue until some gets hurt. I don’t want to see that happen.
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 6:56am
ARM670 wrote:
soggy wrote:

280driver wrote:
My mention of NASCAR was only regarding rider safety. Thought that was pretty clear. There is nothing protecting a rider. Our sport is dangerous enough. If...
My mention of NASCAR was only regarding rider safety. Thought that was pretty clear. There is nothing protecting a rider. Our sport is dangerous enough. If there’s no punishment for this kind of behavior, it will continue until some gets hurt. I don’t want to see that happen.
Nobody is suggesting nothing should happen, but it's not the AMA who needs to be involved. The FIM could ban him, MCR could fire him or either could take less aggressive action.

Consider this. If you had two jobs and had been late to one numerous times, and then were late to the other job once.....would the other boss fire you since it was technically three times?

280driver
10/27/2022 7:13am
soggy wrote:

280driver wrote:
My mention of NASCAR was only regarding rider safety. Thought that was pretty clear. There is nothing protecting a rider. Our sport is dangerous enough. If...
Nobody is suggesting nothing should happen, but it's not the AMA who needs to be involved. The FIM could ban him, MCR could fire him or...
Nobody is suggesting nothing should happen, but it's not the AMA who needs to be involved. The FIM could ban him, MCR could fire him or either could take less aggressive action.

Consider this. If you had two jobs and had been late to one numerous times, and then were late to the other job once.....would the other boss fire you since it was technically three times?

We are talking about a rider intentionally making an already dangerous sport even more dangerous. He’s done it repeatedly and everyone is aware. To use your analogy, it would be like both bosses being aware you’re frequently late to work so yes, you should be fired. I don’t care who punishes him, but someone should. Is this really debatable?
USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 9:40am
soggy wrote:

280driver wrote:
Nobody is suggesting nothing should happen, but it's not the AMA who needs to be involved. The FIM could ban him, MCR could fire him or...

I dont know why this is hard for some people to understand. The event this happened in was FIM sanctioned, which the AMA falls under. If the sanctioning body of the event does not take corrective action, the AMA has no ground to stand on.

I think people are relating this fact to essentially saying "there should be no corrective action". It's not on the AMA and they could get in a heap of trouble for acting on it. Point your arguments toward the FIM, the same organization that has proven time and time again they are just after the money.
davistld01
10/27/2022 9:54am
I think the most amazing thigs are:

1. The total silence from Team MCR, Genova & Alessi. Not a peep from any of them yet.

2. After all the freaking hubub around here about the take out...and the alleged "hire to kill" episode, this is one of the slowest moving threads on the forum. That proves that in this sport, if you just don't discuss something...it'll eventually go away. In this case, thats pretty damned sad.
TeamGreen
10/27/2022 9:56am
If there’s ANY truth to this “Take Him Out for Cash” story?
He’s done.

I not even be able to comprehend any other outcome.

Personally, if I were Brayton and I’d found out this “take out offer” had happened…as in actually was able to verify it? Well, I’m pretty sure Vince would need to stay away from me…for a long, long time.
Laughing

So, as Bob was saying when he started this thread…hilariously…

“Where’s Vince?”
JBlain619
10/27/2022 10:08am
TeamGreen wrote:
If there’s ANY truth to this “Take Him Out for Cash” story? He’s done. I not even be able to comprehend any other outcome. Personally, if...
If there’s ANY truth to this “Take Him Out for Cash” story?
He’s done.

I not even be able to comprehend any other outcome.

Personally, if I were Brayton and I’d found out this “take out offer” had happened…as in actually was able to verify it? Well, I’m pretty sure Vince would need to stay away from me…for a long, long time.
Laughing

So, as Bob was saying when he started this thread…hilariously…

“Where’s Vince?”
Brayton literally said he spoke directly to Harlan who confirmed the offer was made.

Taken from the Pulp show:

Keefer: I saw it. When I was watching the live broadcast, I saw the mechanic talking to Harlan, and I see Harlan laughing.
Brayton: So, I am told that when I get back to the pits. I said I need to hear the facts here. I don’t just want hearsay, right? So I hear it from Grant. And I am like, “Now this has gone to a different level, now obviously it's intentional, now you are offering money, this is getting a little bit out of control.”
10/27/2022 10:37am Edited Date/Time 10/27/2022 10:43am
davistld01 wrote:
I think the most amazing thigs are: 1. The total silence from Team MCR, Genova & Alessi. Not a peep from any of them yet. 2...
I think the most amazing thigs are:

1. The total silence from Team MCR, Genova & Alessi. Not a peep from any of them yet.

2. After all the freaking hubub around here about the take out...and the alleged "hire to kill" episode, this is one of the slowest moving threads on the forum. That proves that in this sport, if you just don't discuss something...it'll eventually go away. In this case, thats pretty damned sad.
MotoConcepts locked comments on their whole IG. They know what Friese did was wrong, but yeah, looks like they’re just going to ignore it and hope it blows over. Pretty insulting to the fans and to Brayton, who seems to have done a lot for the team.

Said it in the other thread, I’ll say it again. To not release any kind of statement about your own rider allegedly putting a bounty on your other rider, and to keep said rider on the team, shows Genova has no balls. It’s been five days since the incident. You know the whole moto community is watching intently for a response. Ironically, the silence ends up speaking volumes about the character of the team’s management.

Pretty disgusting, to be honest. I’d go full privateer before riding for a team that sits back and allows this shit to happen. Imagine putting in the effort that Brayton has, with his Honda connections, even helping design the graphics on the bike… and when it comes out that your own teammate put a bounty on you, the team doesn’t back you up at all. Fuckin’ disgusting.
Moto_Geek
Fantasy
1464th
10/27/2022 10:55am
I just heard on Swap that Vince offered Harlan money to take out Brayton. Is there any truth to that? Have you guys heard that?
Your welcome.. queued it up for you.. Smile

TeamGreen
10/27/2022 11:29am
I just heard on Swap that Vince offered Harlan money to take out Brayton. Is there any truth to that? Have you guys heard that?
Moto_Geek wrote:
Your welcome.. queued it up for you.. :)
Your welcome.. queued it up for you.. Smile

Thanks for q’ing it up!

I hadn’t seen that/had only heard about it.

Brayton needs to straighten Vince out & it sounds like Mike Genova “got some splainin’ to do”, too. I like Mike. He’s a friend and his team is utter than this. Vince has stepped over the line. Period.

Btw, Honda might have something to say about this.

And, as others have said, where’s the FIM…Adam Bailey and the rest of the WSX gallery on this? I mean, I can understand taking a few days to get the facts…& I can even understand letting it “stew” in the media; but, damn…this shit is getting a bit beyond “Moto-TMZesque”.
crt32
10/27/2022 11:53am
"I was just joking, even told Grant, I'm just kidding, he must not have heard the last part or has something against me because he took my words out of context." All Vince has to say. It was a conversation on the starting line, no text, email, or contract. None of you on here heard it and are just going off hearsay. Was it wrong if true, absolutely, but put yourself in MCRs shoes if Vince is in their office saying I was just kidding.
Cashmore
10/27/2022 12:02pm
I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again…. The guy is a danger to everyone on the track and needs the perma ban. He’s had plenty of chances and shows no signs of change.
Cashmore
10/27/2022 12:03pm
crt32 wrote:
"I was just joking, even told Grant, I'm just kidding, he must not have heard the last part or has something against me because he took...
"I was just joking, even told Grant, I'm just kidding, he must not have heard the last part or has something against me because he took my words out of context." All Vince has to say. It was a conversation on the starting line, no text, email, or contract. None of you on here heard it and are just going off hearsay. Was it wrong if true, absolutely, but put yourself in MCRs shoes if Vince is in their office saying I was just kidding.
Too late for that. He’s already denied saying that and that would just prove he's a liar… which we all kinda know by now.
RPM68
10/27/2022 12:05pm
I think he has done enough damage over the years that he needs a wake up call. I like the idea of him being suspended from AMA Supercross, so he needs to figure out a way to go racing on his own outside the US to make some money on a dirt bike.

Who was the Road Racer that got banned for hitting a riders front brake? Imagine if someone has done that multiple times and still no repercussions.

You could always go the cancel culture route and just not support his sponsors...That's not really fair to those companies though.
JazzyJJ
10/27/2022 12:15pm
RPM68 wrote:
I think he has done enough damage over the years that he needs a wake up call. I like the idea of him being suspended from...
I think he has done enough damage over the years that he needs a wake up call. I like the idea of him being suspended from AMA Supercross, so he needs to figure out a way to go racing on his own outside the US to make some money on a dirt bike.

Who was the Road Racer that got banned for hitting a riders front brake? Imagine if someone has done that multiple times and still no repercussions.

You could always go the cancel culture route and just not support his sponsors...That's not really fair to those companies though.
Not supporting his sponsors is fair if they sit idly by and do nothing. If they come out with a statement condemning the actions that’s one thing as they can’t be to blame for everyone who reps their brand, but if they stay silent that’s a pretty big black mark in my book.
10/27/2022 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 10/27/2022 12:51pm
crt32 wrote:
"I was just joking, even told Grant, I'm just kidding, he must not have heard the last part or has something against me because he took...
If I was in MCR’s shoes, I’d do something. Hell, anything. The optics are terrible, and they’re choosing to ignore it. Brayton put him on blast on Pulp, and Brayton doesn’t have the same reputation that Friese has earned from years of boneheaded moves. His words hold a little more weight.

Let’s say for the sake of your argument that he was joking. He still looked over, saw his teammate, and decided to turn right on a left-hand turn to take them both out. Instead of taking advantage of the great start with clear track ahead of him. Ultimately souring what should be a proud moment for MCR as they win the team championship.
Boira
10/27/2022 12:52pm
RPM68 wrote:
I think he has done enough damage over the years that he needs a wake up call. I like the idea of him being suspended from...

Romano Fenati
TeamGreen
10/27/2022 1:55pm
RPM68 wrote:

Boira wrote:
Romano Fenati
For anyone that’s road-raced…
That shit-move right there? The offender is getting his ass THRASHED when we get back in pits! Grinning
8tensolutions
10/27/2022 1:56pm
RPM68 wrote:

I think he did enough long ago for severe action to be taken by the AMA, but that action did not happen. That does not mean the AMA should now penalize him for actions in a race they didn't sanction. It is unbelievable how some of you think they should be looking at a race in Australia to take action for or against a rider. The AMA has nothing to do with this event!

Someone above said the AMA is under the FIM and that is not correct. The AMA is the AMA and the FIM is their own sanctioning body. They are not related and the AMA does not report to them.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
10/27/2022 2:12pm
I think he did enough long ago for severe action to be taken by the AMA, but that action did not happen. That does not mean...
I think he did enough long ago for severe action to be taken by the AMA, but that action did not happen. That does not mean the AMA should now penalize him for actions in a race they didn't sanction. It is unbelievable how some of you think they should be looking at a race in Australia to take action for or against a rider. The AMA has nothing to do with this event!

Someone above said the AMA is under the FIM and that is not correct. The AMA is the AMA and the FIM is their own sanctioning body. They are not related and the AMA does not report to them.
the AMA is a national federation of the FIM, so they are related,

if the FIM was to ban Vince, then the AMA would be expected to enforce it, (like the russians this year)
Brent
10/27/2022 2:17pm
Unpopular opinion: can’t be that mad at Vince, how much money on the line for that win 500k - $1M? You wouldn’t take out someone for...
Unpopular opinion: can’t be that mad at Vince, how much money on the line for that win 500k - $1M?
You wouldn’t take out someone for that payday?
...these journeyman pro riders make so little, I'm willing to bet that most of them would qualify for food stamps or tax credits if you based their income solely on prize money.

most of the cash goes to the top two or three dudes for start money I would imagine...

USA
Fantasy
428th
10/27/2022 3:06pm
I think he did enough long ago for severe action to be taken by the AMA, but that action did not happen. That does not mean...

I agree with your first paragraph but you are incorrect in your second paragraph. For reference, FIM banned Russian athletes from competing this year and the AMA had to follow suit.

FIM banned Stewart for a year and a half and the AMA had to follow suit. AMA is an Arm of the FIM.
wildbill
10/27/2022 4:14pm
Is not Superduper MX a split from the faction? I think it is.

Post a reply to: Vince Friese interview can be found

The Latest