Vince Friese at it again

racer369
6/25/2014 11:14am
If he knows his shit, then he should know to shut the fuck up!
nytsmaC
6/25/2014 11:36am Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 11:37am
racer369 wrote:
nfm
6/25/2014 12:55pm
The one who looks bad in this is Kaven.
Andy doing that makes it look like he is scared of Vince.
Obviously Vince didn't like how Andy talked to him and called him out. Good for him.
I keep liking Vince more and more!!!!!
Can't wait to meet them at the Gopher dune national!!!!!
Ing
6/25/2014 3:06pm
Vince is quite the upstanding young rider. (sarcasm alert for the sarcastically challenged) I'm glad he took his rollerball style riding up to Canada. You guys deserve him and Alessi.

The Shop

bh84
Fantasy
1830th
6/25/2014 3:18pm
racer369 wrote:
Really? if you were a team manager and some guy come up from the states to race your series and started by hitting your rider going down the start in practice you'd just sit there and say "hey, thats just how he operates" I know I'd be going over there and raising hell. There's no room in this sport for that type of crap. Its a dangerous sport as it is, now all of a sudden you've got a guy out there throwing take-out moves in practice? not a chance I'd let that go.
scott_nz
Fantasy
655th
6/25/2014 3:22pm
harrowguy wrote:
The one who looks bad in this is Kaven. Andy doing that makes it look like he is scared of Vince. Obviously Vince didn't like how...
The one who looks bad in this is Kaven.
Andy doing that makes it look like he is scared of Vince.
Obviously Vince didn't like how Andy talked to him and called him out. Good for him.
I keep liking Vince more and more!!!!!
Can't wait to meet them at the Gopher dune national!!!!!
I think the opposite, If Andy had kept it going after Vince threatened him and it ended up in a fight then both look bad, I have no problems with someone talking to a rider in a public place, if Vince wants to get all tuff guy and fight him it makes Vince look like a dick,

same goes with Matthes and Tony Alessi, if Matthes reacts in any different way other than walking away when someone, he comes across looking worse,
6/25/2014 3:31pm
You guys need to watch hockey
What do you think happens when a guy runs his mouth in that sport?
You catch an ass whopping!!!!
dboivin
6/25/2014 3:33pm
a smart rider woulda listened and been cordial. a true rider would not being abrasive and not tried to make an enemy as that enemy might be looking for a rider somewhere down the road. Vince is riding for his last ride. No one worth a shit will give him a ride due to antics like posted above.

that team manager (a dick or not) has a right to talk to him....how it escalates from there is dictated by vince it seems. He coulda took the high road and apologized...even if he didnt mean his apology....strictly to not burn a bridge. There is a lot of bridges behind him tho.

its too bad, hes actually a good rider when he doesn't pinball everyone and sink his own finishes.
6/25/2014 3:48pm
Really you would let someone disrepect you and not do anything about it? ^
nytsmaC
6/25/2014 5:45pm
This isn't hockey where you just get 5 for fighting, JFC! White has to act professionally as tge KTM team manager, not throw punches at the track. You really don't understand this?

Benoit has/had the points lead for the championship, it was smart of him to keep his nose clean and not get into an altercation with Vince which could potentially cost him the championship, depending on the outcome and penalty assessed.

Keep it up Vince, burning bridges and being a fuckface in this little industry is a great idea.
JonnyDH84
6/25/2014 5:48pm
JonnyDH84 wrote:
I don't think team managers should be approaching other riders and calling them out it seems rather unprofessional surely if there is an issue with another...
I don't think team managers should be approaching other riders and calling them out it seems rather unprofessional surely if there is an issue with another teams rider then it should be first discussed between the team managers, then if issues persist you take it to the governing body. Walking straight up to a rider and trying to be-little him in-front of a crowd of people was never going to work was it. At times the level of un- professionalism in motocross is unreal some of the team managers in this sport need to have a look at other forms of motorsport and learn how to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
bh84 wrote:
In most cases I would agree it should be a manager to manager convo. In this case, the other manager was Tony Alessi, and he was...
In most cases I would agree it should be a manager to manager convo. In this case, the other manager was Tony Alessi, and he was too busy chasing Matthes around the pits to talk to Andy.

Andy is a good guy, I've met and spoken to him on numerous occasions and dealt with him during my time riding for KTM. That being said, he doesnt take shit from anyone and isnt afraid to call things as he sees them. I'm not surprised at all that he would want to talk to Vince after he screwed with Kaven. Thats just how he is, a little abrasive yes, but he knows his shit.
Of course I understand it was tony but he still should have talked to him if he got nothing from him then the governing body he may be a good guy who takes no shit but he is also an ambassador for ktm and getting into altercations with riders is a no no imo . Doesnt excuse vinces actions either though especially take outs in practice.
dboivin
6/25/2014 5:55pm
asking him what his problem is with his rider is far from being un professional. its a valid question. wtf you want him to do...just ignore it? c'mon, smh at the people sticking up for the constant problem. I'm glad they stayed out of our nationals and you guys got them, keep all the drama up there.
zippy895
6/25/2014 6:24pm
guy is well liked in Canada.lol

"I alluded to the fact that Friese and Benoit probably won’t be exchanging Christmas cards this winter and a lot of people asked me to tell them what was said, specifically, on the podium and on the track that caused this rivalry. Well, in a podcast I did with Vince, he stated that he should be winning these races and that the field wasn’t very deep in MX2. That didn’t sit very well with a lot of the riders."

"When Friese won the Calgary round, he got on stage and basically said the same thing over the PA. He came off the stage and tried to tell Benoit ‘Good race’ just seconds after saying nobody was as good as him and Kaven flipped him off very curtly. There is some tension between these two top riders and it makes things interesting for me as a story teller."
6/25/2014 6:28pm
Are your guys 'cycles' sync'd up or something??
This is a mans sport.
Also you're assuming this even happened without any proof.
malachi177
6/25/2014 7:36pm
harrowguy wrote:
Really you would let someone disrepect you and not do anything about it? ^
A rider disrespecting a team manager...what a fool.Pinch Kudo's to Andy for not dropping the little prick. Means nothing to Andy or KTM, but a lot of teams have taken notice of Vince and his disrespect of a manager I'm sure. That will hurt Vince more then anything.
JonnyDH84
6/25/2014 7:53pm
dboivin wrote:
asking him what his problem is with his rider is far from being un professional. its a valid question. wtf you want him to do...just ignore...
asking him what his problem is with his rider is far from being un professional. its a valid question. wtf you want him to do...just ignore it? c'mon, smh at the people sticking up for the constant problem. I'm glad they stayed out of our nationals and you guys got them, keep all the drama up there.
Not sticking up for vince I know nothing about the guy and it seems he was bang out of order and threatening team managers is a stupid thing to do. I was merely saying that perhaps andy should have reported vince for dangerous riding rather than get into an altercation.
6/25/2014 9:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2014 9:21pm
I just have one question that I absolutely need answered.

Does Vince really use mascara?
dkg
6/25/2014 11:17pm
MCR= More Controversy Racing. What is it with these guys?
shredder22
6/26/2014 12:45am
JonnyDH84 wrote:
I don't think team managers should be approaching other riders and calling them out it seems rather unprofessional surely if there is an issue with another...
I don't think team managers should be approaching other riders and calling them out it seems rather unprofessional surely if there is an issue with another teams rider then it should be first discussed between the team managers, then if issues persist you take it to the governing body. Walking straight up to a rider and trying to be-little him in-front of a crowd of people was never going to work was it. At times the level of un- professionalism in motocross is unreal some of the team managers in this sport need to have a look at other forms of motorsport and learn how to conduct themselves in a professional manner.
bh84 wrote:
In most cases I would agree it should be a manager to manager convo. In this case, the other manager was Tony Alessi, and he was...
In most cases I would agree it should be a manager to manager convo. In this case, the other manager was Tony Alessi, and he was too busy chasing Matthes around the pits to talk to Andy.

Andy is a good guy, I've met and spoken to him on numerous occasions and dealt with him during my time riding for KTM. That being said, he doesnt take shit from anyone and isnt afraid to call things as he sees them. I'm not surprised at all that he would want to talk to Vince after he screwed with Kaven. Thats just how he is, a little abrasive yes, but he knows his shit.
JonnyDH84 wrote:
Of course I understand it was tony but he still should have talked to him if he got nothing from him then the governing body he...
Of course I understand it was tony but he still should have talked to him if he got nothing from him then the governing body he may be a good guy who takes no shit but he is also an ambassador for ktm and getting into altercations with riders is a no no imo . Doesnt excuse vinces actions either though especially take outs in practice.
bh84 prefers to ride a quad so don't try and reason with him Laughing
JPT
6/26/2014 1:09am
harrowguy wrote:
Are your guys 'cycles' sync'd up or something??
This is a mans sport.
Also you're assuming this even happened without any proof.
Actually I hear them talking like men. Not insecure boys so afraid of being "disrespected" they're willing to cut their own throats.
JPT
6/26/2014 3:09pm
Limme guess, 19?
6/26/2014 3:28pm
Ya talking like men. But since when is having the team manager do your dirty work for you considered a man thing to do.

I see the american education system is at it again. (Limme)
35 in sept if you MUST know.
mx317
6/26/2014 6:37pm Edited Date/Time 6/26/2014 6:40pm
harrowguy wrote:
Ya talking like men. But since when is having the team manager do your dirty work for you considered a man thing to do. I see...
Ya talking like men. But since when is having the team manager do your dirty work for you considered a man thing to do.

I see the american education system is at it again. (Limme)
35 in sept if you MUST know.
It's not american, it's American. Where were you educated newbie?

Post a reply to: Vince Friese at it again

The Latest