Villopoto, absolutely Amazing speed

MOTOXMO
7/20/2013 9:18pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2013 6:00am
I was watching Washougal today and I use to think I'd never see two riders as fast on the track when Ricky Carmichael and James Stewart use to battle, but the Ryans are absolutely on a different level right now compared to the rest of the field. The Bikes are Faster, the Competition is more stacked, but they're destroying the field worse then when RC and JS use to do it. I get nervous watching Villopoto sometimes, he's riding so fast and on the edge that it looks like his bike is about to explode. If he stays Healthy, he's going to be a Headache for the competion for awhile, while racking up Championships.
|
MXR
7/20/2013 10:48pm
Faster than a laser beam
Mr. G
7/20/2013 11:22pm
Interestingly I heard it mentioned during the race that RV runs the same suspension settings for supercross and motocross and all tracks. Pretty unusual but it would give him a bike that reacts the same all the time. And maybe having a bike that acts the same is better than trying to find a perfect set up for every track. Interesting.
7/20/2013 11:35pm Edited Date/Time 7/20/2013 11:36pm
Theres only 2 things that will ever beat RV is age and himself.

The Shop

mmitoptech
7/20/2013 11:42pm
"but they're destroying the field worse then when RC and JS use to do it."

No they're not.
sharkey
7/20/2013 11:49pm
he hit all the corners PERFECT today. funny thing is tomac was the only one to take the same lines rv did. I really thought rd might follow him and tryrvs lines but he never did. great racing though
DocMarten
7/20/2013 11:55pm
Mr. G wrote:
Interestingly I heard it mentioned during the race that RV runs the same suspension settings for supercross and motocross and all tracks. Pretty unusual but it...
Interestingly I heard it mentioned during the race that RV runs the same suspension settings for supercross and motocross and all tracks. Pretty unusual but it would give him a bike that reacts the same all the time. And maybe having a bike that acts the same is better than trying to find a perfect set up for every track. Interesting.
DId you hear this during the broadcast??

Genuinely curious as I doubt RV or any pro rider would be running SX suspension on an outdoor track with the exception of maybe a sand track
pilotdude
7/20/2013 11:59pm
RV was taking the right hander before the hill double in back faster than anyone I have ever seen in the last 10 years.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/21/2013 12:01am
I'd be very surprised if it was the same suspension setting for Supercross and Outdoors. Tires, maybe. Suspension? No.

His suspension actually moves for the outdoors.
thorns
7/21/2013 12:39am
Pretty sure they said it was the tyres which are the same for SX and MX.
Rotaholic
7/21/2013 12:47am
Same tires, doesn't change them. He hasn't changed suspension since southwick. He is in a class of his own, RD and JS7 can run his pace no worries, but they can't do it for 35mins
observer
7/21/2013 1:01am
Villopoto has raised the bar in physical fitness, strength & speed that virtually nobody can match his pace.(barring an incident)
He attacks the track with such confidence, speed. He possesses the fast strike speed, that Dungey generally takes 2-4 laps to achieve. I thought I'd never see the day that James would get zapped like he did by Villo today. The guy can close a gap in no time at all. Just AMAZING to watch him wring that Kawi out for all it's worth & steer the bike with the rear! Definitely not afraid to hang it out.
Hats off Ryan. You da man!

Now....what I want to see, is Eli Tomac the heir apparent in a few yrs??
I see the same work ethic, drive & determination there....
7/21/2013 1:14am
He's probably on the same drugs at lance Armstrong Wink like the other guy said he's not that faster just can go faster for longer
Mr. G
7/21/2013 3:54am
Mr. G wrote:
Interestingly I heard it mentioned during the race that RV runs the same suspension settings for supercross and motocross and all tracks. Pretty unusual but it...
DocMarten wrote:
DId you hear this during the broadcast?? Genuinely curious as I doubt RV or any pro rider would be running SX suspension on an outdoor track...
DId you hear this during the broadcast??

Genuinely curious as I doubt RV or any pro rider would be running SX suspension on an outdoor track with the exception of maybe a sand track
I will watch it again and report back.
mx5471
7/21/2013 6:17am
I hope yesterday answered the question some had about RD and RV racing straight up, who is faster. Moto 2 was about as one on one as it can get between Dungey and Villipoto, with the advantage to Dungey. And he had nothing for Villipoto. Got beat by at least 8 seconds at a track that's been good to him. Dungey will never take a championship as long as Villipoto is in the game and healthy. He will always be the 2nd place guy, if he's lucky. It's too bad. He's a great rider, just not a great racer.
Boxermann
7/21/2013 6:42am
GuyB wrote:
I'd be very surprised if it was the same suspension setting for Supercross and Outdoors. Tires, maybe. Suspension? No.

His suspension actually moves for the outdoors.
It was same tires as sx and same settings from southwick
rcm406
7/21/2013 7:46am
mx5471 wrote:
I hope yesterday answered the question some had about RD and RV racing straight up, who is faster. Moto 2 was about as one on one...
I hope yesterday answered the question some had about RD and RV racing straight up, who is faster. Moto 2 was about as one on one as it can get between Dungey and Villipoto, with the advantage to Dungey. And he had nothing for Villipoto. Got beat by at least 8 seconds at a track that's been good to him. Dungey will never take a championship as long as Villipoto is in the game and healthy. He will always be the 2nd place guy, if he's lucky. It's too bad. He's a great rider, just not a great racer.
We will get a better answer next week when they race at RD's home track.
rcm406
7/21/2013 7:53am
Maybe it's an illusion I'm seeing, but does RV's bike look small compared to the other 450s. Almost like the frame has been cut down some? To me it looks like he's racing 250 out there with a 450 motor.
Outsider
7/21/2013 7:54am
He's probably on the same drugs at lance Armstrong Wink like the other guy said he's not that faster just can go faster for longer
No, he goes faster, faster.

Idiot
downard254
7/21/2013 8:37am
While I agree RV is an animal, and watching him run defines the word "attack", but to say RC never ran that fast, I'm afraid I'm gonna have to call ya on that one. When RV laps the entire field through 2nd place, then we can talk.
dantheman
7/21/2013 8:38am
mx5471 wrote:
I hope yesterday answered the question some had about RD and RV racing straight up, who is faster. Moto 2 was about as one on one...
rcm406 wrote:
We will get a better answer next week when they race at RD's home track.
When you learn to examine without bias what has already happened, versus some future possible outcome you wish for, you'll see only you need a "better" answer Wink What is the moto tally so far: 12 - 4 | RV vs RD. OA's now at 5 - 3, once again in favor of RV. With each and every time the two Ryan's have started out front together... who has won? RV is the answer of course.

While I feel mx5471's comment "He will always be the 2nd place guy, if he's lucky. It's too bad. He's a great rider, just not a great racer." is a bit harsh, disrespectful and unnecessary, until the Dunge' gives a lil' more back to RV as what he gets, it's just the vibe he's going to be labeled with.

On certain days, RD has "more in the tank" than RV, but it's becoming rarer that's for sure.
7/21/2013 8:44am
RV obviously has no competition racing in his national series - he should stop sandbagging and go and race in the world championship, try to beat cairoli in GP's Smile
MOTOXMO
7/21/2013 9:05am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2013 9:07am
I missed the part where someone said RC never ran as fast as Villopoto. With the improvements in bikes over the years, I think there is a big difference in the actual speed they are running now compared to 2006 and 2007 when Ricky Carmichael was Dominating. It's like comparing RC of 2006 to McGrath in the 90's, both are great riders, but McGrath on a 90's 250 wouldn't have a chance against Ricky Carmichaels 2006 RMZ450. Same with Villopoto now, he's one of the Fastest ever and the fact that he's on the best and most advanced Motocross bikes ever up to this point, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's riding faster than anyone ever has and I think RC would agree that the speeds have increased since he was racing. Just my opinion. We'll get a chance to see what Cairoli and Herlings have for Villopoto at the MXDN and they have the Home field advantage, so if he beats them there, he truly is the Fastest MX rider on the Planet
pilotdude
7/21/2013 9:11am
Two things I took away from yesterday:

1. Team USA is going to be RV, RD, and ET.

2. The rest of the world is effed, with a capital Eff.
MOTOXMO
7/21/2013 9:26am
I agree, RD and RV and then you throw Eli Tomac into the Mix, Damn! that's a Powerhouse of a team there.
dantheman
7/21/2013 9:33am
Eli is simply not on the same level as RV or RD when it comes to showing up with your race face on EVERY race! He can have a bit of a meltdown at times.
Brapp
7/21/2013 10:05am
I went back to 2007 and checked lap times, and they are MUCH faster now than they were then. 2008 James had the fast lap time at 2:18, the LITES are 10 seconds a lap faster than that this year.
MOTOXMO
7/21/2013 10:14am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2013 10:24am
I'd believe it, I've even heard RC comment on how fast the pace is now
Corey_Tallent
7/21/2013 10:48am
RV always beats Dungey by an aggressive attack into a turn. Its rare that he gets around Dungey any other way. Dungey lets off the gas to set up for a turn like yesterday while RV jams the gas and holds it to the last possible second. By the time Dungey can set up to block it, RV is passed already. If Dungey would gas it while RV is gassing it and pull in front of him, even at the risk of both of them crashing, I doubt RV would be willing to do that again.
MXR
7/21/2013 10:56am
RV always beats Dungey by an aggressive attack into a turn. Its rare that he gets around Dungey any other way. Dungey lets off the gas...
RV always beats Dungey by an aggressive attack into a turn. Its rare that he gets around Dungey any other way. Dungey lets off the gas to set up for a turn like yesterday while RV jams the gas and holds it to the last possible second. By the time Dungey can set up to block it, RV is passed already. If Dungey would gas it while RV is gassing it and pull in front of him, even at the risk of both of them crashing, I doubt RV would be willing to do that again.
So what your saying is Dungey just needs to gas it more than RV ?

Post a reply to: Villopoto, absolutely Amazing speed

The Latest