Villopoto Update

machine
4/7/2015 3:23am
Daniel301 wrote:
In what world is Ryan Villopoto "unproven"? He is indubitably a "rookie" by definition, but he is certainly not "unproven". "Unproven" implies inexperience. What, pray tell...
In what world is Ryan Villopoto "unproven"? He is indubitably a "rookie" by definition, but he is certainly not "unproven". "Unproven" implies inexperience. What, pray tell, could possibly denote that he is in fact a novice of any sort? It's definitely not his ability, which has been proven and reaffirmed countless of times in the form of many national titles and Motocross des Nations wins. What is it then? Tell me, why is that you insisted on putting "Champion" in quotes in reference to Ryan? If it is meant to demean him, discredit his success, or even debase the AMA circuit, I believe that is undoubtedly daft and petty. Perhaps you are privy to some information regarding the hierarchy of championships that we, the commoners, are unaware of. I highly doubt it, however.

You refer to racing in the GPs as "racing with the Big Boys". Is this supposed to be ironic? I find it impossibly difficult to believe that this was posted unironically. If -- and this is a unfathomably large "if' -- more riders from the United States, of Villopoto's caliber of course, begin to venture to the GPs, then perhaps we can revisit this notion. As long as it is the exact opposite -- top GP riders leaving the their series for the United States -- I believe "racing with the Big Boys" can only refer to racing in the United States.

The above paragraph is not meant to insinuate anything about the GPs. For those who decide to read this boring and trite piece, please do not misconstrue my words. I take great joy in watching the GPs. The men who participate in the GPs are remarkably fast individuals, and sometimes I feel as if the quality of racing is nearly equal to the AMA circuit. I would not think for a moment that the "Euros" are equivalent to American B-class riders. That is horribly unfair to the men of the GPs, and unbelievably insensitive to their work and dedication. As one Steve Matthes put it so tersely and truthfully, "Those guys haul ass."

Who's to say the "grind" won't devour the men you have listed above rather than Villopoto? Why is the "grind" directly targeting him? Those riders, sans JVH, have all been previously consumed by the "beast". Villo has been a comparatively healthy individual. To believe he will not do well (and possibly suffer an injury) whilst simultaneously suggesting the others will make it through without fail is ludicrous. Why should I believe this? To state things so definitively when only the "fly-away" races have been completed is unwise.

As far as RV's preparation goes, I do believe it was foolish of him to not race any pre-season events. This goes doubly for someone who has not ridden an "outdoor" bike in nearly two years. But this point has been heatedly reiterated countless of times, to the point of near-automatic irritation upon even the sight of it, that it will be a footnote.

I have a fairly decent understanding of why you and and some of Vital are so diametrically opposed. You conduct yourself so brusquely and arrogantly that you come off as an unbearable twit. A knowledgeable one perhaps, but that knowledge is constantly overshadowed by other aspects of yourself. Have you ever considered becoming a novelist? Your mastery of undertones and overtones would prove useful.
Wow. I think you're the one who should become a novelist. :lol: Seriously though, I don't know why you guys bother responding to that idiot. He...
Wow. I think you're the one who should become a novelist. Grinning

Seriously though, I don't know why you guys bother responding to that idiot. He clearly just loves stirring the pot.
No kidding. ..i see his name now and just move along.
PressPassP
4/7/2015 3:46am
machine wrote:
[b]"Sometimes you have to go slower to go faster, which for me is hard to wrap my head around." [/b] This will be his biggest challenge...
"Sometimes you have to go slower to go faster, which for me is hard to wrap my head around."

This will be his biggest challenge once he gets his bike working right IMO..
I was having a "debate" a while back about that kind of thing Smile most of the tracks don't let guys push real hard at the beginning like in the US like Ryans trademark blistering "intensity" we saw somewhat in Thailand,slower to go faster is a pretty good analogy
themrtoad
4/7/2015 4:29am
Aren't Strijbos and Searle injured already? And what's going on with deDyker he certainly doesn't look like himself.
Searle and Strijbos are indeed injured. Strijbos might come back pretty soon but Searle will probably be out until Brittish GP.

It's sad to see KDD ride around outside the top 10. Hopefully he will improve...I'm a big fan of him and I'm starting to get afraid that the others have improved while he hasn't. If he doesn't shine at Valkenswaard he's in for a long season(and his last one as a factory rider) I'm afraid.

On another note I really enjoy and respect the AMA Nationals. My biggest problem with it is that SX cuts the field with all the injuries and SX-only contracts. I personally prefer mx over sx at any day and I feel like I get robbed. I wish the best 40 riders in the world all rode one motocross championship, just like MotoGP. This would be so important and would pay them so well so they could focus on mx only. Your asking a lot of the ama riders to do many rounds of sx and then straight into mx.

Well, well, maybe one day...

The Shop

Post a reply to: Villopoto Update

The Latest