Villopoto Killed the Motocross Star

jasonv43
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2013 6:29pm
Wasn't this season supposed to be stacked?

Ryan Dungey
Justin Barcia
Trey Canard
James Stewart Jr.
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Broc Tickle
Josh Grant
Mike Alessi
Phil Nicoletti
Malcolm Stewart
Justin Brayton
Tyla Rattray
Chad Reed
Ryan Sipes
Weston Peick
Brett Metcalfe
Michael Byrne
Matthew Goerke
Nicholas Wey
Dean Wilson

He took everything they had and still won the title a race early. Thanks RV for not making me have to go to Elsinore this weekend for my birthday!!!LaughingLaughingLaughing
|
peelout
8/20/2013 4:29pm
he made easy work of both seasons, very impressive with the names on that list
observer
8/20/2013 4:35pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Wasn't this season supposed to be stacked? Ryan Dungey Justin Barcia Trey Canard James Stewart Jr. Jake Weimer Andrew Short Broc Tickle Josh Grant Mike Alessi...

Ryan Dungey
Justin Barcia
Trey Canard
James Stewart Jr.
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Broc Tickle
Josh Grant
Mike Alessi
Phil Nicoletti
Malcolm Stewart
Justin Brayton
Tyla Rattray
Chad Reed
Ryan Sipes
Weston Peick
Brett Metcalfe
Michael Byrne
Matthew Goerke
Nicholas Wey
Dean Wilson

He took everything they had and still won the title a race early. Thanks RV for not making me have to go to Elsinore this weekend for my birthday!!!LaughingLaughingLaughing
Honestly, only a couple on that list capable of even making it interesting for Villo....Wink
MOTOXMO
8/20/2013 4:37pm
Yup, very impressive field indeed, the 450 class is going to be even more stacked next year. Can't wait to see if Tomac has anything for RV, because nobody else seems to be able to match his speed.
bobby397
8/20/2013 4:42pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
Yup, very impressive field indeed, the 450 class is going to be even more stacked next year. Can't wait to see if Tomac has anything for...
Yup, very impressive field indeed, the 450 class is going to be even more stacked next year. Can't wait to see if Tomac has anything for RV, because nobody else seems to be able to match his speed.
Maybe one or two races. Tomac didn't dominate the lites class lite RV, js7, and RC. I say he fits in right about where canard and barcia finish

The Shop

ando
8/20/2013 4:51pm
There's only three people on that list who have demonstrated in the past they can run with RV. Two are past their prime and may not return to that level again, and the other just simply didn't have enough this time.
chrisbuehler
8/20/2013 5:01pm
MOTOXMO wrote:
Yup, very impressive field indeed, the 450 class is going to be even more stacked next year. Can't wait to see if Tomac has anything for...
bobby397 wrote:
Maybe one or two races. Tomac didn't dominate the lites class lite RV, js7, and RC. I say he fits in right about where canard and...
Maybe one or two races. Tomac didn't dominate the lites class lite RV, js7, and RC. I say he fits in right about where canard and barcia finish
Think you are way off but obviously JMO. Yes RV, Bubba, and RC dominated from the get go for the most part. Tomac has been the fastest guy outdoors since the 2nd half last year and in a stacked class throws down laps 3 -4 sec faster than the other guys. I think SX might be a tougher go on the 450 but I would be shocked to see him dicing with Canard and Barcia. He should have them both covered easily
bobby397
8/20/2013 5:06pm
I said the same about baggett last season, what a difference a year makes. Not to mention a new bike and a lot more racing. Ill give him a year before I expect him to run with rv every round.
jasonv43
8/20/2013 5:21pm
peelout wrote:
he made easy work of both seasons, very impressive with the names on that list
Dude was flawless at Utah. Like Butta!!!
Joelessi
8/20/2013 5:30pm
bobby397 wrote:
Maybe one or two races. Tomac didn't dominate the lites class lite RV, js7, and RC. I say he fits in right about where canard and...
So he was not quite as dominate, but did any if those three you mentioned win their first pro race?
NoGo
8/20/2013 6:07pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2013 6:07pm
Joelessi wrote:
So he was not quite as dominate, but did any if those three you mentioned win their first pro race?
no but winning your first pro race doesnt equal 450 success either. it took him 3 fulls years and 4 outdoor seasons to get the title he has.

granted dungey didnt dominate either and hes the only one who can come close to matching rv.
dsmith
Fantasy
1470th
8/20/2013 6:09pm
yeah...brings up a point i had at the end of sx this year...should villo even race elsinore?..im sure he will..but for what...in spite of?money?prove he's the $hit?contract?
bobby397
8/20/2013 6:16pm
bobby397 wrote:
Joelessi wrote:
James won his first pro motocross race, not his sx.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/20/2013 6:21pm
dsmith wrote:
yeah...brings up a point i had at the end of sx this year...should villo even race elsinore?..im sure he will..but for what...in spite of?money?prove he's the...
yeah...brings up a point i had at the end of sx this year...should villo even race elsinore?..im sure he will..but for what...in spite of?money?prove he's the $hit?contract?
He will. He's paid to race here.
Hut
8/20/2013 6:22pm
Elsinore on that works 250 pinger! Silly
The Rock
8/20/2013 6:28pm
Put Showa suspension on RD's bike then let's see what happens.
TeamGreen
8/20/2013 6:47pm
dsmith wrote:
yeah...brings up a point i had at the end of sx this year...should villo even race elsinore?..im sure he will..but for what...in spite of?money?prove he's the...
GuyB wrote:
He will. He's paid to race here.
He's paid Per Race Win here...

But, in the Vital Fantasy Moto-World...he lets Peick race his bike...
The Rock
8/20/2013 6:57pm
bobby397 wrote:
Pretty sure James won A1 to join Fonseca as a first time SX winner in their first professional race. I know I laminated the CN cover with James on the cover celebrating his first win but can't remember if it was A1 or San Diego.
bobby397
8/20/2013 7:00pm
bobby397 wrote:
The Rock wrote:
Pretty sure James won A1 to join Fonseca as a first time SX winner in their first professional race. I know I laminated the CN cover...
Pretty sure James won A1 to join Fonseca as a first time SX winner in their first professional race. I know I laminated the CN cover with James on the cover celebrating his first win but can't remember if it was A1 or San Diego.
Travis Preston won, James won rd 2
ToolMaker
Fantasy
726th
8/20/2013 7:23pm
jasonv43 wrote:
Wasn't this season supposed to be stacked? Ryan Dungey Justin Barcia Trey Canard James Stewart Jr. Jake Weimer Andrew Short Broc Tickle Josh Grant Mike Alessi...

Ryan Dungey
Justin Barcia
Trey Canard
James Stewart Jr.
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Broc Tickle
Josh Grant
Mike Alessi
Phil Nicoletti
Malcolm Stewart
Justin Brayton
Tyla Rattray
Chad Reed
Ryan Sipes
Weston Peick
Brett Metcalfe
Michael Byrne
Matthew Goerke
Nicholas Wey
Dean Wilson

The season sure didn't go as I hoped it would.
I really hoped for a tighter points race and some closer finishes.
Towards the end I was a lot less excited to even watch the races.
TM
dboivin
8/20/2013 7:23pm
considering tomac had faster times then the 450's a few times this season....i would say thats a pretty dominating lites rider. lol.

I love Trey to death but Tomac worked the lites class over way harder than Trey did. Tomac is the real deal and in the long haul has a chance to give RV a run. I think RV will bow out before Tomac peaks tho.
450crf_732
8/20/2013 8:22pm
I am not counting out Trey from being competitive, he's been getting better and better after coming off a devastating last couple years... After a full season injury free I'm hoping he continues to grow the confidence to compete for wins and take it up a level and at least make things interesting... Just some thoughts I may be biased but I really like the guy and hope he comes out swinging next year...
newmann
8/20/2013 8:26pm
Ever notice how those perfect storms never are all that perfect?
Mr. G
8/20/2013 10:23pm
Remember when James raced the lights? His goal was to win every moto by one minute. He did it most of the time, on a 125 no less.
Lucifa.
8/20/2013 11:19pm
newmann wrote:
Ever notice how those perfect storms never are all that perfect?
Exactly. Field is stacked but one guy was far to good and kicked everyone's ass extinguishing a close points battle to the end.
Radical
Fantasy
2384th
8/20/2013 11:24pm
450crf_732 wrote:
I am not counting out Trey from being competitive, he's been getting better and better after coming off a devastating last couple years... After a full...
I am not counting out Trey from being competitive, he's been getting better and better after coming off a devastating last couple years... After a full season injury free I'm hoping he continues to grow the confidence to compete for wins and take it up a level and at least make things interesting... Just some thoughts I may be biased but I really like the guy and hope he comes out swinging next year...
x2!
TeamGreen
8/21/2013 3:58am
Milsaps on the KTM & with a healthy leg.
Tomac moving up on the Honda
Kenny on his beloved 350
CR on the RM-Z again
James "refreshed"
Trey back in the saddle
RD working on his SX game
Peick in a "Better" program
A Surprise or 2 from JGR & the '14 Yamaha
Wil Hahn & some Holeshots
Josh Hill ain't screwing around
Seems to me Barcia has won on the 450.

There's going to be a more than Dozen Guys pressing the game at the front come January. RV's going to have his hands full. The 450s will be more "stacked" than we've seen in quite a while. Also, if my numbers are right: we're going to see more "Works Level" bikes than we'd believe and the racing should be pretty damn epic.

If you look at my screen-name, it's easy to see that I'm obviously an RV fan; but, he's "The Champion" & he's going to have a target on his back. It happens every year...& next year he's got someone A LOT LIKE HIM going after him: Tomac. Then there's a few others "moving up" like Kenny...who's proven he can be up-front on a 350. Would you be surprised if Wharton showed up on a Factory 450?

While we're here, Andrew's SX KTM will be pretty damn trick...Davi's, too. Davi know's how to Race with RV...especially in a Stadium.

Lets take a look at how many "Factory Bikes" will be out there (Factory Hardware available):

5 KTMs
5 Suzukis
2 Kawasakis
2 Yamahas (Possibly 4?)
4 Hondas

Yup, it's going to get interesting.
8/21/2013 5:19am
jasonv43 wrote:

Ryan Dungey
Justin Barcia
Trey Canard
James Stewart Jr.
Jake Weimer
Andrew Short
Broc Tickle
Josh Grant
Mike Alessi
Phil Nicoletti
Malcolm Stewart
Justin Brayton
Tyla Rattray
Chad Reed
Ryan Sipes
Weston Peick
Brett Metcalfe
Michael Byrne
Matthew Goerke
Nicholas Wey
Dean Wilson

observer wrote:
Honestly, only a couple on that list capable of even making it interesting for Villo....Wink
+1 Dungey and Barcia are World beaters, and at times Stewart, but lets be honest, there isn't a lot of new talent in the 450 class is there. Canard is only 22 I think, but very injury prone, outside him, who else has potential? Wilson maybe?

I guess next year with Tomac and Roczen it might get a little more interesting.
Hut
8/21/2013 6:01am
RV is on another level, he will have a bad day here and there and only get a podium but it looks like those other top guys are all battling for second now.
8/21/2013 6:03am
Hut wrote:
RV is on another level, he will have a bad day here and there and only get a podium but it looks like those other top...
RV is on another level, he will have a bad day here and there and only get a podium but it looks like those other top guys are all battling for second now.
He is to America what Cairoli is to Europe. Unbeatable in championships if he stays fit.

Post a reply to: Villopoto Killed the Motocross Star

The Latest