Villopoto...

Related:
Create New Tag

5/11/2010 4:28 PM

I "heard" a rumor that he was going to be back for the nationals...on red bull honda....with one arm tied behind his back...on a 500 2 stroke....

All kidding aside....what's his status? Will he be back for the nationals? Full series, last half...what?

Haven't heard, but I'm curious....at worst we need him for the MXdN....

|

5/11/2010 4:30 PM

wassat
|

5/11/2010 4:31 PM

The last time I checked with the team, they weren't expecting him back this summer.

|

5/11/2010 4:33 PM

GuyB wrote:

The last time I checked with the team, they weren't expecting him back this summer.

Thanks....

|

5/11/2010 4:37 PM

His latest twitter entry:

"Crutches and airports just don't mix"

[LINK TO IMAGE]

|

-OC
"Feed The Bull"
Twitter: @ocscottie | Facebook

5/11/2010 4:39 PM

crutches in airports suck ass.
the security people suck too.

|

5/11/2010 5:48 PM

Crutches suck anywhere...

|

5/11/2010 6:04 PM

you start too many stupid threads.... takes your finger off the trigger for a while...

|

www.bettercallsaul.com
Die Antwoord

5/11/2010 6:54 PM

|

5/11/2010 6:59 PM
Edited Date/Time: 5/11/2010 6:59 PM

so if Im remembering right, he signed a 2 year deal with Kawi with this being the final year. We could possibly see him on a different color next time he throws a leg over a bike?

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

5/11/2010 7:24 PM

hartebreak wrote:

so if Im remembering right, he signed a 2 year deal with Kawi with this being the final year. We could possibly see him on a different color next time he throws a leg over a bike?

I doubt it, i would say im almost 100% sure he will be on green. I dont think they would let him go.

|

rynopower.com

5/11/2010 7:28 PM

thats what people said about Bubba and RC too when they were on Kawi.

|

Official member of the ElHombre fan club

Team MooseCAN

5/11/2010 8:15 PM

My response to Villopoto's injury.

crap, crap, crap, crap, crap CRAP, crap, cRap, crap, Crap, crap, craP cRAP CRAP !!!!!!

batteries not included,

g

|

"Please don't feed the Drama Queens"

5/11/2010 8:24 PM

I have no specific insider knowledge, but in my opinion based on the type and severity of injury (not a doctor, but I have had some injuries in my day from playing collegiate rugby, riding bulls growing up, and now riding) I'd say he will be very fortunate if he is 100% by the start of next Supercross season in January. No way he is full speed to get in some of the outdoors - that would be a miracle. If he heals right and doesn't need any additional surgery, just getting back into riding shape and getting his speed back will take months - aside from the injury recovery.

I'm just hoping he gets a full recovery and is back 100% come next January.

|

5/11/2010 8:54 PM

hartebreak wrote:

Bubba wanted too much money and kawi wouldnt pay him....

|

rynopower.com

5/11/2010 11:34 PM

Man, I feel so bad for him. I'm sure others do too, and I can't even begin to imagine what it must be like for him. He's so determined, and he gives it his all every time he throws a leg over the bike. He's on my facebook page, and it still bums me out to see pics like him at the airport. Hopefully he can pull through, make a strong recovery, and kick some tail next year! I believe in him...

|

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good. ~ Samuel Johnson

5/12/2010 7:49 AM

gt80rider wrote:

you start too many stupid threads.... takes your finger off the trigger for a while...

You take the internet too seriously.

If you don't like my threads, then don't click on them...nobody has a gun to your head making you click on every single thread.

In all seriousness, you need to "chill", dude...I don't live on this message board and I don't constantly monitor all websites that are moto related, and I don't use twitter so I honestly didn't know what the deal was with Villopoto.

|

5/12/2010 8:15 AM

hartebreak wrote:

sxf138 wrote:

Bubba wanted too much money and kawi wouldnt pay him....

This may be true, but maybe Kawasaki couldn't afford to pay him all of those win bonuses. When he swept the nationals, that must have cost a fortune. Base salary is one thing, win bonuses is another.

|

5/12/2010 8:38 AM
Edited Date/Time: 4/17/2016 10:46 PM

Ryan's surgeries were both successful and he was in good spirits as he left the Northwest to travel home to Cali. We were able to spend some time with him while
he was up here in the Seattle area. He is the same pain in the butt he has always
been and it was good for him to be around his cousins and rest of his family. My
wife called him yesterday and he was glad to be home. Don't be surprised if you don't
see my redheaded nephew before the last national, if not then, he is planning on
doing the Australian SX. Thank you everyone for the kind words and prayers and
I know RV2 appreciates it too.

|

5/12/2010 8:51 AM

Same leg as the acl rebuild?

|

5/12/2010 9:01 AM

Uncleof2 wrote:

Ryan's surgeries were both successful and he was in good spirits as he left the Northwest to travel home to Cali. We were able to spend some time with him while
he was up here in the Seattle area. He is the same pain in the butt he has always
been and it was good for him to be around his cousins and rest of his family. My
wife called him yesterday and he was glad to be home. Don't be surprised if you don't
see my redheaded nephew before the last national, if not then, he is planning on

Thanks for the info.

|

5/12/2010 9:06 AM

Uncleof2 wrote:

Thanks Unc. Wish Ryan all the best in his recovery.

|

5/12/2010 9:18 AM

Uncleof2 wrote:

Oh man AUS sx is looking to be good. 2, 800, 22, who knows who else.

|

5/12/2010 9:25 AM

Uncleof2 wrote:

Bummer that it will be that long but I kind of figured the ppl saying he would be back earlier were using wishful thinking.

Good luck with the recovery and look forward to seeing him back at it.

|

Funny (and true) quote deleted at the request of miedosoracing1.

‎"We ain't a sharp species. We kill each other over arguments about what happens when you die, then fail to see the fucking irony in that."

5/12/2010 9:29 AM

Ramrod wrote:

This may be true, but maybe Kawasaki couldn't afford to pay him all of those win bonuses. When he swept the nationals, that must have cost a fortune. Base salary is one thing, win bonuses is another.

Thats very possible, but i also think that he has the mindset that he is the best rider so he can ask for however much money he wants.

|

rynopower.com

Uncleof2 wrote:

Spending some time back "home" with family probably helped him alot. Glad to hear that things appear promising at this point. Ryan graced us all this season with his competitive spirit and not giving up when the going got tough. We can't wait to have him back in the mix whenever he feels he is ready. Thanks for the good news.

|

Uncleof2 wrote:

mxrider225 wrote:

Oh man AUS sx is looking to be good. 2, 800, 22, who knows who else.

just need 7 in there to show he still can hang...

|

02 PW80 8) #N8 [LINK TO IMAGE]

5/12/2010 10:19 AM

Well... I guess we will have to wait till next year to see if #2 can keep his perfect record in the outdoor premier class going, he's the only rider batting a thousand.

I love supercross, but if I had my choice I much rather watch Villipoto bow up outside lines on a MX track anyday.

|

Relax this is suppose to be fun...

5/12/2010 10:23 AM

Contracts up I think.

|

5/12/2010 10:28 AM

I had his injury, it's gnarly. No cardio or leg strength training for 6 months at least.

If Ryan can get back to pro race speed before the nationals are over, it would be an unreal rehab effort.

|