Villopoto?

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 3:28pm
Any news on poto? I know he was bike rehabbing with Aldon hopefully signing a big check to being Aldon over to the gp'sWoohoo kidding of course.. But it seems like he should be back this weekend shouldn't he?
|
500guy
5/17/2015 8:52pm
Don't be surprised if He's out for the season, that injury isn't something that gets better in a few weeks.
JMR1976
5/17/2015 9:05pm
My bet is June 14th in Italy.
Crush
5/17/2015 9:08pm
500guy wrote:
Don't be surprised if He's out for the season, that injury isn't something that gets better in a few weeks.
Kind of agree. A few races, enough to justify his MXDN appearance I'd say.

RV, Dungey, Eli.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/17/2015 9:16pm
logan_140 wrote:
Any news on poto? I know he was bike rehabbing with Aldon hopefully signing a big check to being Aldon over to the gp's:woohoo: kidding of...
Any news on poto? I know he was bike rehabbing with Aldon hopefully signing a big check to being Aldon over to the gp'sWoohoo kidding of course.. But it seems like he should be back this weekend shouldn't he?
I was told he won't be back for the British race.
Seamorbutts
5/17/2015 9:42pm Edited Date/Time 5/17/2015 9:42pm
Rattray Is holding his own now. Funny, the Source said he was a has been.
smxtracing
5/17/2015 11:11pm
A top British rider put on his Facebook that he had heard that he out for the season hope it isn't true....
BobbyM
5/17/2015 11:13pm
logan_140 wrote:
Any news on poto? I know he was bike rehabbing with Aldon hopefully signing a big check to being Aldon over to the gp's:woohoo: kidding of...
GuyB wrote:
Good thing for sure because Alessi is gonna smoke the field.
Spydee
5/17/2015 11:55pm
logan_140 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Thanks for the info. I'll be giving MB a miss this year then.
RY4N37
5/18/2015 12:01am
I doubt we will get to see him ride at Matterley this weekend. Really looking forward to it still though
5/18/2015 2:06am
RY4N37 wrote:
I doubt we will get to see him ride at Matterley this weekend. Really looking forward to it still though
I read somewhere that he would be back for matterly- cant see it though. I don't think we will see him again till later in the season (maybe even glen Helen) - he's out of the championship now, so why rush back when he's still injured? hope he does come back, but no point if he's not fully fit

really hoping that he races gps again next season- hopefully the frustrations of this season will motivate him to sign up for another year!!! if cairoli doesn't win the title this year (looking very possible at the minute) then we should see herlings in mx1 next year. Herlings, rv, nagl, desalle, cairoli, paulin, febvre- how good would that be!!!
RY4N37
5/18/2015 2:37am
I read somewhere that he would be back for matterly- cant see it though. I don't think we will see him again till later in the...
I read somewhere that he would be back for matterly- cant see it though. I don't think we will see him again till later in the season (maybe even glen Helen) - he's out of the championship now, so why rush back when he's still injured? hope he does come back, but no point if he's not fully fit

really hoping that he races gps again next season- hopefully the frustrations of this season will motivate him to sign up for another year!!! if cairoli doesn't win the title this year (looking very possible at the minute) then we should see herlings in mx1 next year. Herlings, rv, nagl, desalle, cairoli, paulin, febvre- how good would that be!!!
Yeah I can't see how he would be fully fit just yet, there's not a lot you can do for that kind of injury and it takes a long while to heal. Like you say, the championship is gone for him now and rushing back would be a bad call. I'm going to a couple more GP's after Matterley so I'm hoping I may see him race a GP at some point. I think if anything being denied the chance to win the title through injury would make him more likely to stay and give it another shot so we'll see. I can understand if he doesn't come back, but one thing is for sure, Kawi will already be putting the pressure on him to make a decision for next season
tek14
5/18/2015 2:44am
There is new Kawasaki 2016 450f coming.. could he be testing that at private track of Aldon?
jamma10
5/18/2015 3:18am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 3:22am
Englishman (vital member who often posts accurate info) posted on MXTrax that he'd heard Mike Williamson would be wrenching for him for the rest of the season.

I'll be gutted if RV's not racing this weekend but the fact he still seems to be in the US does not look encouraging Sad
I can understand not publicising it for the sake of ensuring ticket sales but it's a bit frustrating not getting an update until the friday evening before each GP.
Spydee
5/18/2015 3:27am
At least Alessi will be there I suppose, would still be cool to go there and see how he does.

YOu're right though, just had a gander at mxtrax and it sounds like RV is back in the States and will not be riding this weekend.
jamma10
5/18/2015 3:34am
Spydee wrote:
At least Alessi will be there I suppose, would still be cool to go there and see how he does. YOu're right though, just had a...
At least Alessi will be there I suppose, would still be cool to go there and see how he does.

YOu're right though, just had a gander at mxtrax and it sounds like RV is back in the States and will not be riding this weekend.
He also tweeted a picture of him and his wife having a meal in the US yesterday. She's must have just flown over because she was sightseeing in London only last week.
RY4N37
5/18/2015 3:41am
It does seem unlikely that his wife would fly to the U.S. after sight seeing in London only to fly back again on what Wednesday? My guess would be that it will be Maggiora at the earliest that he'll be back. Another 3 weeks
5/18/2015 3:42am
Spydee wrote:
At least Alessi will be there I suppose, would still be cool to go there and see how he does. YOu're right though, just had a...

be interesting to see how alessi does at matterly

its a real shame that rv is injured, I think the point about ticket sales is why they are so vague with information regarding his return. Not good but probably true!

would expect that sort of injury to be months to heal fully not a few weeks?
jamma10
5/18/2015 3:50am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 3:53am
Yeah it will be great to see Alessi.

Someone tweeted this pic of him supposedly practicing at Brookethorpe in Gloucestershire last week, but I don't know if it's genuine or not?

(edit: just read on his website that they were due to fly out on the 10th of May so maybe it really is him)

RY4N37
5/18/2015 3:54am
jamma10 wrote:
Yeah it will be great to see Alessi. Someone tweeted this pic of him supposedly practicing at Brookethorpe in Gloucestershire last week, but I don't know...

Someone tweeted this pic of him supposedly practicing at Brookethorpe in Gloucestershire last week, but I don't know if it's genuine or not?

(edit: just read on his website that they were due to fly out on the 10th of May so maybe it really is him)

Well that does look like Alessi and that does look like Brookethorpe. Unless someone is a huge Alessi fan I would say that is genuine
Spydee
5/18/2015 4:05am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 4:06am
jamma10 wrote:
Yeah it will be great to see Alessi. Someone tweeted this pic of him supposedly practicing at Brookethorpe in Gloucestershire last week, but I don't know...

Ahh no way, only across the bridge from me as well. We should have gone to see him practice if we knew about it jamma Pinch

Alessi has been here since last Monday I believe (he said it on one of the podcasts)
agn5009
5/18/2015 5:11am
500guy wrote:
Crush wrote:

RV, Dungey, Eli.
Highly doubt these 3. Which would ride the 250? We, as in the MX community, are let down more often than not. My bet is we don't see Eli at the MXDN this year. Which is really going to suck
5/18/2015 5:25am Edited Date/Time 5/18/2015 5:25am
jamma10 wrote:

it is him, he's staying with Brad Turner (he does his suspension)

they were at brookthorpe the other day
Crush
5/18/2015 5:28am
500guy wrote:
Crush wrote:

RV, Dungey, Eli.
agn5009 wrote:
Highly doubt these 3. Which would ride the 250? We, as in the MX community, are let down more often than not. My bet is we...
Highly doubt these 3. Which would ride the 250? We, as in the MX community, are let down more often than not. My bet is we don't see Eli at the MXDN this year. Which is really going to suck
Eli has said fuck yes he'd ride a 250.

That's your fastest team for sure.
Flip109
5/18/2015 5:37am
I say RV, ELI, and whoever is killing it in the 250's by then
jamma10
5/18/2015 6:16am
it is him, he's staying with Brad Turner (he does his suspension)

they were at brookthorpe the other day
I see there are few videos on his facebook page.

No doubt Mikes been sessioning Gloucesters dry ski slope every night. Smile
RedRum666
5/18/2015 7:59am
RV is laughing all the way to the bank... he is and his lady are traveling the world on someone else' dime and just sucking it all in before the retirement begins.... I said it before, I dont think RV was 100% into the GP anyway....and that is just my thought on the matter....he was looking to retire and they (Kawasaki) big wigs) said...." hey how about we double your salary and you travel the world for 9 months.".... that is just the vibe i get on the entire deal...Now, I dont think he wanted to get hurt obvioulsy....but take the "actual" racing out of the equation and I think RV is just fine.... hope he returns soon and pulls a few W's off before he hangs it up
Fraser
5/18/2015 9:44am
You don't need to sit down to win at Matterley Basin anyway, so that coccyx shouldn't be a problem... Wink

agn5009
5/18/2015 9:45am
Crush wrote:

RV, Dungey, Eli.
agn5009 wrote:
Highly doubt these 3. Which would ride the 250? We, as in the MX community, are let down more often than not. My bet is we...
Crush wrote:
Eli has said fuck yes he'd ride a 250.

That's your fastest team for sure.
I agree it is the best team and i hope thats our team. I just don't see it happening. Have they ever taken a 450 rider and put him on a 250? If Eli continues what he started last weekend it's hard not leaving him on the 450.

Post a reply to: Villopoto?

The Latest