Views on Rockstar Energy from "Forced" IG Posts

77Moto
4/30/2019 10:12am
Lots of athletes do very little to NO "social media" and have big name sponsors. Way bigger than moto sponsors.

They promote in other ways, without cheaply doing some bullshit post that everyone sees through.
In fact, they actually used the products BEFORE getting sponsored alot of times.

moto711
4/30/2019 11:56am
numba1 fan wrote:
I heard Rockstar is on the verge of bankruptcy. Their sales are way down and they have big money athletes that they are locked into. I...
I heard Rockstar is on the verge of bankruptcy. Their sales are way down and they have big money athletes that they are locked into. I would say this is a push for them to utilize the athletes they are paying to help get sales up. I would imagine that they might go under here soon with the rise of Bang Energy and the new Reign energy drink. Its far too competitive and Rockstar is getting pinched out.
gurt626 wrote:
I could see Rockstar declaring bankruptcy honestly. My father and I both work for PepsiCo and Rockstar is one of the worst selling beverages that we...
I could see Rockstar declaring bankruptcy honestly. My father and I both work for PepsiCo and Rockstar is one of the worst selling beverages that we distribute, we are constantly taking back out of date product and although I think the high caffeine dose they've pushed as a preworkout drink will last for a year or so before it dies off, nothing is selling. Honestly disappointed to see that one of the companies PepsiCo owns such as Nakedjuice, life water, propel or even Gatorade hasn't made a push into the moto scene as a major sponsor yet.
It all depends on your location really tho. My family owns a convenience store and Rockstar is a top sellers. Of course you have your big 3 ( Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar). Rockstar has been on a slow decline in sales but if you look at the numbers they are still selling a lot of product.

In 2018 top sales where:
1. Red Bull +4.8% since 2017
2. Monster +10.4% since 2017
3.Rockstar -1.9% since 2017
4. VITAL PHARMA INC (Bang) +402% since 2017

So we will see where Rockstar lands next year obviously Bang will be up their with the recent popularity boost they are receiving.

As it was said above Pepsi distributes Rockstar in many areas and they dont have another energy product other then AMP which is a dog in this market.

Basically what I was getting to is I dont see Rockstar going anywhere anytime soon. We may see them continue to slow down their endorsements tho.
4/30/2019 12:18pm
I don’t mind the ad-style posts, but it’s pretty cringeworthy to see all the sponsored riders post the exact same thing at the exact same time.
webb
4/30/2019 12:25pm
numba1 fan wrote:
I heard Rockstar is on the verge of bankruptcy. Their sales are way down and they have big money athletes that they are locked into. I...
I heard Rockstar is on the verge of bankruptcy. Their sales are way down and they have big money athletes that they are locked into. I would say this is a push for them to utilize the athletes they are paying to help get sales up. I would imagine that they might go under here soon with the rise of Bang Energy and the new Reign energy drink. Its far too competitive and Rockstar is getting pinched out.
Reign is a Monster product. Shows how uninformed you are.

The Shop

numba1 fan
4/30/2019 3:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/30/2019 3:05pm
numba1 fan wrote:
webb wrote:
Reign is a Monster product. Shows how uninformed you are.
haha no shit, where did i say it wasn't? There's no need to mention its by Monster. Its still a new drink that is taking shelf space away from Rockstar. Rockstar is now limited to one row in the fridge in my local 7 11 due to the introduction of Reign. I know this is Monster's goal at not only trying to cut into the market that Bang has created but also to push Rockstar out in the process.
gurt626
5/1/2019 3:06pm Edited Date/Time 5/1/2019 3:07pm
numba1 fan wrote:
gurt626 wrote:
I could see Rockstar declaring bankruptcy honestly. My father and I both work for PepsiCo and Rockstar is one of the worst selling beverages that we...
I could see Rockstar declaring bankruptcy honestly. My father and I both work for PepsiCo and Rockstar is one of the worst selling beverages that we distribute, we are constantly taking back out of date product and although I think the high caffeine dose they've pushed as a preworkout drink will last for a year or so before it dies off, nothing is selling. Honestly disappointed to see that one of the companies PepsiCo owns such as Nakedjuice, life water, propel or even Gatorade hasn't made a push into the moto scene as a major sponsor yet.
moto711 wrote:
It all depends on your location really tho. My family owns a convenience store and Rockstar is a top sellers. Of course you have your big...
It all depends on your location really tho. My family owns a convenience store and Rockstar is a top sellers. Of course you have your big 3 ( Red Bull, Monster, Rockstar). Rockstar has been on a slow decline in sales but if you look at the numbers they are still selling a lot of product.

In 2018 top sales where:
1. Red Bull +4.8% since 2017
2. Monster +10.4% since 2017
3.Rockstar -1.9% since 2017
4. VITAL PHARMA INC (Bang) +402% since 2017

So we will see where Rockstar lands next year obviously Bang will be up their with the recent popularity boost they are receiving.

As it was said above Pepsi distributes Rockstar in many areas and they dont have another energy product other then AMP which is a dog in this market.

Basically what I was getting to is I dont see Rockstar going anywhere anytime soon. We may see them continue to slow down their endorsements tho.
We're located in southern Ohio, unfortunately enough. It's not that Rockstar doesn't sell at all period, but it is not near the numbers that Monster or Red Bull push. At least not on majority of the account, like you said you'll have some random little store that sells a crap ton of it, so hopefully they can withstand the storm and continue supporting our sport!
TeamGreen
5/1/2019 7:54pm
Those evil energy drink companies!
I’d never mess with those awful people.

(Opening a box for the guys at the shop)
spimx
5/1/2019 8:46pm
You're wrong dude. Make your own decision. The energy drink companies are keeping the sport alive.
KDXGarage
5/1/2019 8:56pm
FWYT wrote:
Truth. I'm all for social media as a way to stay in touch and communicate with people you know and forge new relationships. But when [i]likes[/i]...
Truth. I'm all for social media as a way to stay in touch and communicate with people
you know and forge new relationships. But when likes and followers become the commodity, it
is a race to the bottom for the lowest common denominator.
Are you saying that VitalMX is going to add a "followers" option??
motoxxx599
Fantasy
985th
5/2/2019 5:17am
foreman52 wrote:
As sponsored athletes you obviously need to promote the brand and companies that are supporting you, but is there a line where it's just too much...
As sponsored athletes you obviously need to promote the brand and companies that are supporting you, but is there a line where it's just too much and actually hurting the brand?

Over the course of this years SX season my IG has been plastered with Rockstar MX athletes uploading a "casual" photo while promoting the brand.

These beverages don't appeal to me, but as someone who works a lot in the marketing industry these posts look way too forced and in my opinion look bad on the brand.

I'm sure it's gained some new customers, but those that have been tricked into the marketing scheme are most likely the same ones who think podium riders are actually drinking an energy drink after racing on the podium.

...Let's keep this a friendly discussion LOL.
peelout wrote:
i don't know man, for some reason i really wanna BANG, energy View this post on Instagram Take a dip with me ?? ⁣⁣ ⁣ ⁣⁣...
Juliana just took her pants off
MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
5/2/2019 5:27am
See I hate threads like this THESE ATHLETES ARE BEINF PAID MONEYYYY. So what if they have to post it. Like the people that hate on...
See I hate threads like this THESE ATHLETES ARE BEINF PAID MONEYYYY. So what if they have to post it. Like the people that hate on savatgy for wearing just 1 but he’s being paid with a fat check. I’d post 10 times a day if i was being paid by a company
JM485 wrote:
Nobody likes a sellout, especially a cheap one.

Don’t be a sellout.
I get that. But at the end of the day if rockstar is paying you and you sign the contract you gotta do what they want. Scroll past it if you don’t like it
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
5/2/2019 7:34am
I tried the Bang Keto coffee and it was delicious and I am not a coffee drinker or energy drink consumer. Lifewater is always in the fridge as well as the cheap case of water from Lowes.
Joe512
5/2/2019 8:50am
You do realize the whole reason they are being paid is to promote the brand right? Didn't think this was a new concept that needed to be discussed and explained but this is Vital....
Holigan
5/2/2019 9:06am
Rockstar lost when it had to move from Coke distribution to Pepsi distribution. They will never have the presence of Red Bull and Monster on the retail shelves. They have got to do something to spark sales.

BANG hires any fitness model on Instagram when they get to 100,000 followers. Cheap advertising and reaches a lot of young males. The reason for the big increase in their percentage of sales is that they are starting at such a low number. No where near the size of RB, Monster or RS in sales.
rbspecial138
Fantasy
955th
5/2/2019 12:25pm
I think that the 'Forced Rockstar Energy Social Post-Initiative' is targeted at the 'average' Supercross fan, which as much as we hate to admit it is the same guy who asks "How's Bubba doing this year?" when he sees you in line at the store wearing a Fox hat. In that demographic of blue collar workers (or whatever you want to call it) I see many people knock down an energy drink with breakfast AND with lunch. In summary, I don't think that these social posts are even meant to capture our demographic, I mean Rockstar Energy drink company isn't really marketing their drinks as a sports supplement to hardcore athletes, so why would we assume that's what they are doing with these social posts..
JM485
5/2/2019 12:32pm
See I hate threads like this THESE ATHLETES ARE BEINF PAID MONEYYYY. So what if they have to post it. Like the people that hate on...
See I hate threads like this THESE ATHLETES ARE BEINF PAID MONEYYYY. So what if they have to post it. Like the people that hate on savatgy for wearing just 1 but he’s being paid with a fat check. I’d post 10 times a day if i was being paid by a company
JM485 wrote:
Nobody likes a sellout, especially a cheap one.

Don’t be a sellout.
I get that. But at the end of the day if rockstar is paying you and you sign the contract you gotta do what they want...
I get that. But at the end of the day if rockstar is paying you and you sign the contract you gotta do what they want. Scroll past it if you don’t like it
Depends on how much it’s worth it to you to push bullshit on people, prices may vary. I don’t think there’s anyone in this thread questioning why they’re doing it (although that seems to be lost to a few people who just love displaying their incredible grasp on the obvious), the point is it’s annoying, pretty cringe worthy, and I can’t imagine anyone is buying that garbage because of it but who knows.
APerry151
5/2/2019 9:48pm
JM485 wrote:
The more I see stupid posts like that, the less likely I'll ever be to buy whatever product is featured. Please don't insult my intelligence with...
The more I see stupid posts like that, the less likely I'll ever be to buy whatever product is featured. Please don't insult my intelligence with that garbage, it's just dumb.
Yup, completely turns me off to a product when I feel like I’m being pitched.

The best type of marketing is marketing that doesn’t feel like marketing.
Dougy1
5/3/2019 1:48am
GuyB wrote:
It's pretty easy to scroll on by the stuff that doesn't appeal to you...
I just wanted to go 38 37 as it was 37 all.

Post a reply to: Views on Rockstar Energy from "Forced" IG Posts

The Latest