Jeff Alessi Video Request HELP!

Related:
Create New Tag

8/27/2018 8:31 AM

It was a motocross race of some sort where there were thousands of fans basically "on" the track within inches of the riders! I wanna say Mike alessi was one of the riders....it was outside of the USA, Cant seem to locate it on YT, Thank you so much!

Fast riders....scary close fans.....anxiety like whoa

|

8/27/2018 8:33 AM

Sure it wasn't Jeff? I kind of remember Jeff racing in some kind of disorganized race somewhere .

|

8/27/2018 8:49 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/27/2018 8:50 AM

You're probably referring to Jeff when he participated in some ridiculous event in the Dominican Republic. Might be a better video out there...

|

8/27/2018 9:03 AM

Yes it was Jeff, Thank you!

|

8/27/2018 9:04 AM

There was gopro footage somewhere, thats what im looking for

|

8/27/2018 11:47 AM

wtf

|

Ride like a girl!!!
2016 KTM 500 EXC-F
Current project: 2007 Kawasaki KX250-R7 retro build
Current project #2: 1987 Kawasaki KX250-E1 rider/racer resto
1989 KX125 resto
1987 RM250 resto

8/27/2018 3:31 PM

Anyone have the GoPro footage?

|

8/29/2018 12:19 PM

Bump, Anyone have the GoPro footage? It was crazy!!!

|

8/29/2018 12:53 PM

That was nuts. I'd be interested to hear Jeff's take on that situation. I doubt he'll check this thread out though because the title is so generic. I avoided it for 2 days because of that.

|

8/29/2018 2:44 PM

Donovan759 wrote:

That was nuts. I'd be interested to hear Jeff's take on that situation. I doubt he'll check this thread out though because the title is so generic. I avoided it for 2 days because of that.

Changed the title! XD

|

8/29/2018 3:01 PM

That first clip was pretty wild. In the wild and wooly days dodging a track crosser wasn't unusual. I've clipped a few people and had some grab my bars. We didn't have yellow plastic stakes. Old tires, snow fence and spectators marked the track boundaries at Chicken Licks. I'd like Jeff to tell this story though...that's a life memory therew00t

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/29/2018 3:31 PM

It says the video is no longer available.
Photo

|

8/29/2018 3:39 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 3:40 PM

That gopro video is gone, I know what your talking about. I was once deep with them but they didn't like it. What can u say blink

Your talking about a race deep in the jungle where the races were bordered by fans, I would hit jumps and the track would open. That crowd made a very amazing week.

|

8/29/2018 3:42 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 3:49 PM

plowboy wrote:

That first clip was pretty wild. In the wild and wooly days dodging a track crosser wasn't unusual. I've clipped a few people and had some grab my bars. We didn't have yellow plastic stakes. Old tires, snow fence and spectators marked the track boundaries at Chicken Licks. I'd like Jeff to tell this story though...that's a life memory therew00t

Geez could I. That was one very memorable race for me

|

8/29/2018 3:55 PM
Edited Date/Time: 8/29/2018 4:49 PM

Not a lot of people know this so I will share a small part of it, I ended up in the hospital mid way threw the Moto because of the racer I challenged, we had a very competitive race where we raced at full speed to cover eachother and eventually we went crowd surfing, I remember hitting fans as fast as the track was and know they saved me. Unfortunately I was in a van with a kid and a father I floated with when my competitor put us into the crowd. I still want redemption against that state champion because I was better. I was much better.
Ray maja is the closest I know of his name. I just know he was one of the millsaps training facility racers. And I wanted to beat him

|

8/29/2018 5:42 PM

Jeff alessi wrote:

Not a lot of people know this so I will share a small part of it, I ended up in the hospital mid way threw the Moto because of the racer I challenged, we had a very competitive race where we raced at full speed to cover eachother and eventually we went crowd surfing, I remember hitting fans as fast as the track was and know they saved me. Unfortunately I was in a van with a kid and a father I floated with when my competitor put us into the crowd. I still want redemption against that state champion because I was better. I was much better.
Ray maja is the closest I know of his name. I just know he was one of the millsaps training facility racers. And I wanted to beat him

Do you still have go-pro footage of this craziness? How/why did you go down there in the first place? Looked sketchy as hell.

|

If it ain't yer's don't take it, If it ain't the truth dont say it, If it ain't right don't do it...Marcus Aurelius

8/31/2018 10:01 AM

I remember watching the GoPro footage a few years back in complete awww

It was the most insane footage of a race from that perspective, i was ducking and cringing in my seat just watching trying to not clear out a bunch of "fans"

|

8/31/2018 11:32 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 11:33 AM

Jeff alessi wrote:

plowboy wrote:

Do you still have go-pro footage of this craziness? How/why did you go down there in the first place? Looked sketchy as hell.

He decided to brake check me on the face of a fast table top. It was a very ruthless race, people were betting against me and for me. Those races are craziness but it was a lot of fun. I was told before the main if stuff started getting to crazy to leave the track and head to the facility on site that had armed personal hanging out front with serious guns. Anytime we left the facility that week I had to have them with me but the people down there loved me n I was always out riding on the streets with scooters. It was one of those races u don’t forget. The owner of the facility doesn’t live there but has a fort for when he’s in town visiting his mom from Sweden. Good people.

|

8/31/2018 11:34 AM
Edited Date/Time: 8/31/2018 11:35 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Photo

It was this jump we leveled each other, imagine flying off to the left and landing into those people, thats what happened.

|

8/31/2018 11:51 AM

EZZA 95B wrote:

Photo

Jeff alessi wrote:

It was this jump we leveled each other, imagine flying off to the left and landing into those people, thats what happened.

CRAZY ! I live in the Caribbean, Barbados to be precise. That certainly wouldn't happen at one of our tracks so its sort of surprising to see that the guys in DR held a race like that.

|

17 KTM 450 SXF - AMAZING!

8/31/2018 12:31 PM

This is epic

|