Video game noob advice needed

MX114
Edited Date/Time 6/19/2019 7:47pm
It’s been years since I’ve played any video game systems but need advice on what’s the best moto game set up. Going to purchase either an xbox one or ps4...and with it either MXGP Pro or Monster energy supercross 2. What’s the difference between systems and which game is better??
Any help appreciated
|
Last Braaap
Fantasy
4358th
6/19/2019 3:43am
Difficult choice in systems
Both will shaft you real hard on online multiplayer subscription fees if you wanna play online. I personally would choose PS4 to be able to also play other games like Uncharted 4, Horizon: zero dawn, Shadow of colossus, etc. Only thing i would miss is Forza racing games... So it is matter of your own preference.

Easy choice in games
MES 2 is better game. Only problem is there are not all AMA riders. MXGP Pro is kinda meh.
GaryC1
6/19/2019 3:49am
I know it's not as popular a choice but if you have a PC have you considered trying MX Simulator? The game is less than £30 if i remember right and all you need to buy is an Xbox controller. You can download the demo with all the physics for free to see if you like it first too.

Very steep learning curve to it but once you get the hang of it, it honestly is exactly like a real bike and you'll be hooked. I personally do not get on with any of the console MX games just because they are way too arcady but they are much easier to pick up and play.

Just my 2 cents
kb228
6/19/2019 3:55am
If youre just a casual gamer theyre both the same. You get shitty graphical quality on both, shitty frame rates on both, pay to play online on both(seriously wtf?), more expensive games on both. For picking up a controller here and there when youre bored, both work equally well. Not so much if youre looking for a “best system.” Out of the two, pick what all your friends have so you can play with them.

I regret buying my ps4 back in march. I get more enjoyment playing the same games on my computer to be totally honest. I only turn it on when my friends want to play something.

The Shop

wsmille2
6/19/2019 6:05am
Sent you a message if you decide to go with a PS4. Cool
MX114
6/19/2019 7:08am
wsmille2 wrote:
Sent you a message if you decide to go with a PS4. Cool
Thanks for the message. I replied back
GaryC1
6/19/2019 7:37am
EZZA 95B wrote:
Gaming computer + MX Sim. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/19/355555/s1200_20190602_031839.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/19/355553/s1200_20190602_032002.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/19/355556/s1200_20190602_033020.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2019/06/19/355554/s1200_20190602_033051.jpg[/img]
Gaming computer + MX Sim.

Awesome setup dude! I know some people dont like the graphics on Sim but i personally think they look a lot better in certain ways and the gameplay is so good i dont even worry avout how it looks!
6/19/2019 7:38am
+1 for the PC. MX Sim is the best game out there IMO, plus you get all the Milestone & MvA games, and can mod them!

But if PC isnt your cup of tea, I'd recommend Xbox. Game pass is a good deal (like Netflix for games but instead of giving you games to stream it lets them download right to the console as if you owned them). Plus, Forza Horizon 4 is pretty bad ass. IMO the only thing the PS4 has on the Xbox is console exclusives but that only really counts if you're interested in them. Honestly though, pick what your friends have. Doesn't matter if you get the extra 5 fps or the game loads in 3.647 seconds faster if you've got nobody to play and chat with.
aeffertz
6/19/2019 9:12am
MX Simulator is the most rewarding once you figure it out but I will admit it is not “pick up and play” friendly at all. It will take hours to learn and more time learning how to get bikes, tracks, gear etc installed. But once you have the gameplay figured out, it’s amazing and addicting as hell. Plus there is both professional and amateur points paying series for the AMA nationals, MXGP tracks and AMA SX. It takes a beefy PC to run at the highest quality but if you can deal with lower detail graphics, the game play is still the same and able to run on most modern systems fine. It’s kind of ruined the other arcade style of MX games for me personally, or I should say they just get boring much quicker.

SPODEBOY
6/19/2019 9:16am Edited Date/Time 6/19/2019 9:17am
I prefer XBOX1 and MEC2 even ask peelout...
I race online very often and usually it's great. Sometimes riders are flying all over the sky here and there. But most of the time the racing is great.
155hk
6/19/2019 9:31am
For console, ps4 pro with a 4k tv is pretty damn great. I would pick pc over both of these because there's so many options for moto games. All comes down to budget, you get what you pay for.
6/19/2019 10:16am
aeffertz wrote:
MX Simulator is the most rewarding once you figure it out but I will admit it is not “pick up and play” friendly at all. It...
MX Simulator is the most rewarding once you figure it out but I will admit it is not “pick up and play” friendly at all. It will take hours to learn and more time learning how to get bikes, tracks, gear etc installed. But once you have the gameplay figured out, it’s amazing and addicting as hell. Plus there is both professional and amateur points paying series for the AMA nationals, MXGP tracks and AMA SX. It takes a beefy PC to run at the highest quality but if you can deal with lower detail graphics, the game play is still the same and able to run on most modern systems fine. It’s kind of ruined the other arcade style of MX games for me personally, or I should say they just get boring much quicker.

Seeing all these mx sim screenshots makes me want to download it again Sideways most fun game ever and worth every penny. Not to mention the track editor is the best I've seen out of any mx game yet, the console games will never have a better one.
MX114
6/19/2019 2:10pm
Thanks everyone. I’m not much of a computer guy so that’s not too much of an option for me so I’m thinking Xbox might be the way to go. Plus I’m reading that it doubles as a blu ray player and you can get the slim S model for not too bad a price to start with on amazon. After seeing MXGP 2019 that looks pretty sick
Mossy
6/19/2019 3:10pm
There are a lot of decent gaming PCs for sale on Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist. People buy them new, end up not using it as much, or all there friends are on Xbox/PS4 so they sell it, take a loss, and go back to console. I have PC and Xbox One. Xbox is for Netflix mostly or if I want to play a casual game from the bed before I go to sleep, but I mostly play on PC. Cool
Dimblewambie
6/19/2019 7:03pm
aeffertz wrote:
MX Simulator is the most rewarding once you figure it out but I will admit it is not “pick up and play” friendly at all. It...

Fuhq! These screen shots have convinced me, gunna download and give it a go now. Not sure what’s taken me so long..
6/19/2019 7:19pm
I have an Xbox but do most of my MX gaming on my PC. MES2 was really disappointing. MXGP Pro isn't too bad. MX Vs ATV Reflex is a must buy and is super cheap. I've been playing Sim for a couple years now and I'm pretty good on it.

Honestly I'd wait for MXGP 19 as they have said you can now join teams again (feature been missing since MXGP 1) so that's exciting and the gameplay looks much better!
aeffertz
6/19/2019 7:47pm
Fuhq! These screen shots have convinced me, gunna download and give it a go now. Not sure what’s taken me so long..
Feel free to hit me up on that forum if you need some help setting up the game. I know it was kind of overwhelming figuring it all out when I first got it.

Post a reply to: Video game noob advice needed

The Latest