Video: Pourcel practicing at Glen Helen

BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
Edited Date/Time 5/13/2014 5:49pm
Here's a video from yesterday, the first time the layout for the upcoming AMA National was available.

I decided to focus on Pourcel, since so many fans are curious about the was he is currently riding.

On some sections I got shots of him and other riders from the same angle, in an effort to provide a reference and also to allow a quick comparison.

They had a separate practice session for the fast guys, using the new layout for the National.

Some not so fast guys sneaked in, and you can see them struggling to make it to the top of Mt. Saint Helen in the beginning of the video.

Enjoy!

|
es337
5/9/2014 11:34am
well he doesnt look slow...
rcm406
5/9/2014 11:37am
Wow, that was almost like a national! A lot of top guys there!
Xsenter
5/9/2014 12:25pm
Incredible , just incredible ! So damn smooth and effortless. Looks almost slow, but then you see him come up to one of those jumps...and just baaaap ! Over like nothing !

So cool to watch !

It's almost spooky how much he looks like a young JMB !

Thanks for the video ! Very appreciated !

The Shop

machine
5/9/2014 12:43pm
Xsenter wrote:
Incredible , just incredible ! So damn smooth and effortless. Looks almost slow, but then you see him come up to one of those jumps...and just...
Incredible , just incredible ! So damn smooth and effortless. Looks almost slow, but then you see him come up to one of those jumps...and just baaaap ! Over like nothing !

So cool to watch !

I agree, I hope he's up there battling for a podium position this year. It will be cool to see him and Baggett battling, they both have that "use less energy" style.
5/9/2014 12:46pm
Xsenter wrote:
Incredible , just incredible ! So damn smooth and effortless. Looks almost slow, but then you see him come up to one of those jumps...and just...

So cool to watch !

machine wrote:
I agree, I hope he's up there battling for a podium position this year. It will be cool to see him and Baggett battling, they both...
I agree, I hope he's up there battling for a podium position this year. It will be cool to see him and Baggett battling, they both have that "use less energy" style.
baggett has modeled his riding style on pourcel - thats one hell of a compliment!

really cant wait for this outdoor season to start!
jeffro503
5/9/2014 12:48pm
Man BRZ....you are knockin' out of the park with these videos and pics! thanks man! Great stuff for us to look at until GH round 1. Thanks again.
machine
5/9/2014 12:50pm
Xsenter wrote:

So cool to watch !

machine wrote:
I agree, I hope he's up there battling for a podium position this year. It will be cool to see him and Baggett battling, they both...
baggett has modeled his riding style on pourcel - thats one hell of a compliment!

really cant wait for this outdoor season to start!
Yep..knew that....WinkSmile
zook11
5/9/2014 1:00pm
BRZ is the man!

BRZ, who was the fastest guy there?
mx510
Fantasy
1707th
5/9/2014 1:04pm
COAL-TRAIN wrote:
Track looks miserable.
I thought it looks fun, tough and technical.
I am not a fan of Pourcel at all but, man is he fun to watch.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
5/9/2014 1:05pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Man BRZ....you are knockin' out of the park with these videos and pics! thanks man! Great stuff for us to look at until GH round 1...
Man BRZ....you are knockin' out of the park with these videos and pics! thanks man! Great stuff for us to look at until GH round 1. Thanks again.
I'm glad you like the photos and videos Jeffro.

Next week I'll be heading to the tracks again, and I'll try post more.
BRZ
Fantasy
2550th
5/9/2014 1:08pm
zook11 wrote:
BRZ is the man!

Zook11 it's hard to say as the pro riders were riding with a bunch of slower guys in the way, and I didn't have a stopwatch.

I was impressed by Dungey, Stewart and Barcia on the 450s, with Wilson and Anderson looking really good in the 250s.

It was really surprising to see how aggressive Dungey looked!
peelout
5/9/2014 1:11pm
awesome, his style just oozes smooth. fuckin' love it
Dx3moto
5/9/2014 1:31pm
Great stuff, I love watching Pourcel ride. I always admired his style and line choice, and tried to ride like him. Deceptively fast, saves energy, great rider. I really hope he takes the outdoor title.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
5/9/2014 1:56pm
That first guy was awesome, the classic wheelie up and dump it over hahahaha
Awood
Fantasy
4233rd
5/9/2014 2:05pm
zook11 wrote:
BRZ is the man!

Josh Grant, 2:16
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
5/9/2014 2:06pm
My black heart feels a very small amount of pleasure right now
Sully22
5/9/2014 2:12pm
I love Pourcel....the guy looks like poetry on a bike.....everything he does is silky smooth. This years 250 class is going to be epic. I predict 7 - 8 different o/a winners, and about 10-12 different moto winners. No one will run away with the points and it will come down to the last race between a few different guys. Last year only 4 diff moto winners ET3, KRock, mooscan, and BB4.....2012 had only 4 diff moto winners....2011 had 4 diff moto winners....2010 had 6 diif winners. This years field is deep!
5/9/2014 2:15pm
Sully22 wrote:
I love Pourcel....the guy looks like poetry on a bike.....everything he does is silky smooth. This years 250 class is going to be epic. I predict...
I love Pourcel....the guy looks like poetry on a bike.....everything he does is silky smooth. This years 250 class is going to be epic. I predict 7 - 8 different o/a winners, and about 10-12 different moto winners. No one will run away with the points and it will come down to the last race between a few different guys. Last year only 4 diff moto winners ET3, KRock, mooscan, and BB4.....2012 had only 4 diff moto winners....2011 had 4 diff moto winners....2010 had 6 diif winners. This years field is deep!
The cream always rises to the top. If Pourcel can do what I saw out of him yesterday for 35 minutes, I think it will be the Wilson, Baggett, and Pourcel show.

I have to say though.... People were speculating about Baggett faking an eye injury. Has anybody seen him since that happened? He might actually be hurt.
48dirtbikekid
5/9/2014 2:35pm
Dart Board wrote:
The cream always rises to the top. If Pourcel can do what I saw out of him yesterday for 35 minutes, I think it will be...
The cream always rises to the top. If Pourcel can do what I saw out of him yesterday for 35 minutes, I think it will be the Wilson, Baggett, and Pourcel show.

I have to say though.... People were speculating about Baggett faking an eye injury. Has anybody seen him since that happened? He might actually be hurt.
Yeah he is really hurt, he's been having problems with double vision and other things, as of a few days ago it wasn't even certain that he was racing! Sucks, he's a badass and it'll be a shame if he doesn't race IMO.
TallonT911
5/9/2014 2:39pm
Dart Board wrote:
The cream always rises to the top. If Pourcel can do what I saw out of him yesterday for 35 minutes, I think it will be...

Yeah he is really hurt, he's been having problems with double vision and other things, as of a few days ago it wasn't even certain that...
Yeah he is really hurt, he's been having problems with double vision and other things, as of a few days ago it wasn't even certain that he was racing! Sucks, he's a badass and it'll be a shame if he doesn't race IMO.
Baggett just posted on instagram a few minutes ago that today was his first day back on the bike!
48dirtbikekid
5/9/2014 2:43pm
TallonT911 wrote:
Baggett just posted on instagram a few minutes ago that today was his first day back on the bike!
That's rad, I know he had to have a contact made for his eye that he damaged and early last week was having problems still, hopefully he gets up to speed quick and has a good year. Thanks for the IG update, that's good news for sure
Sully22
5/9/2014 2:51pm Edited Date/Time 5/9/2014 2:53pm
Dart Board wrote:

Yeah he is really hurt, he's been having problems with double vision and other things, as of a few days ago it wasn't even certain that...
That sucks! I cased a jump and bailed off the bike, needless to say the swingarm came back and hit me in the head, causing a good sized cut that needed about 10-12 stitches right above my left eye, similar to what Blake had but just along the bottom of the eyebrow....I saw double and had all sorts of issues with it for months, felt sicker than a dog for a few weeks, and it totally gave me vertigo. I sure hope BB4 isn't as bad as that , it freakin sucked!! get well soon BB4!
5/9/2014 3:18pm
zook11 wrote:
BRZ is the man!

Awood wrote:
Josh Grant, 2:16
JG was ripping!

BRZ, nice video. Pourcel looked so effortless out there I wasn't sure if he was cruising or not.
newmann
5/9/2014 3:38pm
I hope Pourcel puts in a dedicated effort, love watching the guy ride.

Great vid, thanks for the effort of putting that together! No stupid music blaring in the back....foreground.
EZZA 95B
Fantasy
1151st
5/9/2014 3:50pm
Thank you BRZ, awesome... The hill is nuts! Love Pourcels "low line".Cool

Post a reply to: Video: Pourcel practicing at Glen Helen

The Latest