Vet Motocross Club (Pacific Northwest)

Starcrossed
2/14/2017 5:19pm
I'd vote for vet only, as that's the main vet complaint at shoug is all the punks out there. I get the support thing cause some...
I'd vote for vet only, as that's the main vet complaint at shoug is all the punks out there.

I get the support thing cause some guys only ride cause their kid does. But gotta let pops break away once in awhile.

Club is a solid idea tho, dig it. Throw some tits in there and you'll really have something.
I had a feeling by the fourth page this was going to be reduced to comparisons to a regular practice day, but I think you're onto something here. Leave the fam at home and load up the bikes for vet only practice day. Then meet at a mutually convenient location where the bikes will be safe in the vehicles for the day and board a party bus to hit all the strip bars. Don't forget the blow. Throw some mud on the swingarm before heading back home, just for good measure. Perfect.
Johnny Ringo
2/14/2017 6:59pm
I'd vote for vet only, as that's the main vet complaint at shoug is all the punks out there. I get the support thing cause some...
I'd vote for vet only, as that's the main vet complaint at shoug is all the punks out there.

I get the support thing cause some guys only ride cause their kid does. But gotta let pops break away once in awhile.

Club is a solid idea tho, dig it. Throw some tits in there and you'll really have something.
I had a feeling by the fourth page this was going to be reduced to comparisons to a regular practice day, but I think you're onto...
I had a feeling by the fourth page this was going to be reduced to comparisons to a regular practice day, but I think you're onto something here. Leave the fam at home and load up the bikes for vet only practice day. Then meet at a mutually convenient location where the bikes will be safe in the vehicles for the day and board a party bus to hit all the strip bars. Don't forget the blow. Throw some mud on the swingarm before heading back home, just for good measure. Perfect.
You might be my soulmate
centralcalmx
Fantasy
84th
2/14/2017 7:13pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2017 7:14pm
In my opinion, adding kids to the mix in that way is sort of counterintuitive to having a vet riding day. Maybe the same can be...
In my opinion, adding kids to the mix in that way is sort of counterintuitive to having a vet riding day. Maybe the same can be said for us 21+ riders, but once you have little bikes it all falls away from the objective; to have a vet practice day designed for that demographic.

I love things to be family friendly, but there is already a kids class at the track and they get the track to themselves for the 15 minutes or what have you when they moto. I know at Albany sometimes there are 4 kids out there. They don't ever run a women's class with just four of us at the track, so I would say children get preferential treatment (as they should, I ain't ever gonna be a pro so I don't really care).

Might be why we end up seeing so many more successful women riders in offroad races though; no designated practice times on the track with a bunch of little bikes, killing any confidence they had, while trying not to land on little ones coming off of jumps and what have you. Just flat out racing, and riding with people faster than you which really betters the sport.

Just my ten cents, for what it is worth.
OTHG ride days in NorCal almost always have mini-support sessions on our private track days. When they excluded family members turnouts were lower as family is...
OTHG ride days in NorCal almost always have mini-support sessions on our private track days. When they excluded family members turnouts were lower as family is a lot of what Vet racing is about. The Spoor Four have 2 Vet racers plus 2 kids racing, and others were similar. There'd be 150+ riders at Hangtown or the Oatfield, and 10-20 would be kids. The kids all knew each other: hell, most had grown up together at OTHG events all over NorCal.

Usually we'd do Beg/Nov, Int/Exp, Masters, and Mini support groupings and you'd get 4-5 sessions a day. Sometimes if turnout was high they'd do further splits as the day went on. I'm usually only good for 3-4 sessions anyway, and it was common that the first and last sessions of the day were quite open.

Women Beginners often rode with minis although that was debated at times too, mainly due to risk. My mini rider at 10 has 5 years of racing and knows to hold his line, and is usually faster than the women beginners anyway, so risk not as much an issue there to me.

For me personally, I have a way better day when the boy is with me. I don't really want to ride w/o him there.

Hammer 663s
Hammer is a good guy.
Raced and battled with him for years in the OTHG.
I get where he is at with his boy.
My son raced support from mini to big bikes at OTHG events and Nationals around our other local promoter races.

Moto810
2/14/2017 7:37pm
One idea someone had about the club besides holding local ride days is for the site www.VetMxNation.com to be a full directory of vet clubs and events. This way there is one central location to know what event are coming up and the fact we will have text and email alerts you can get updates about events quickly.

What do some of you think about that? Needed or not?

The Shop

Spat24
Fantasy
618th
2/14/2017 8:15pm
Tried to sign up but getting server application error.
Moto810
2/14/2017 8:25pm
Just tested the signup and it worked. Did you fill in all the fields?
Spat24
Fantasy
618th
2/15/2017 11:40am
Moto810 wrote:
Just tested the signup and it worked. Did you fill in all the fields?
I am in. I did not have a race number in there - very cool idea!!
jeffro503
2/15/2017 3:10pm
Man this is pretty dang cool! That member list has grown quite a bit! I think once the support class has a sign in area , she's really gonna grow. Good job Terry!
bronwynrayne
2/15/2017 3:57pm
You might be my soulmate
Last time someone called someone soulmate on here, they ended up married.

My husband might live to regret that fateful evening of drinking and posting on vital... Woohoo

DE262
2/15/2017 3:59pm
Signed up. Hopefully I will make it back up North for the summer schedule.

Jeffro- I think I may have met you a few years back on a practice day at Mt. View. You were by yourself and I was parked right by you. We were bullshitting about tall handle bar set-ups? I think you were on the green bike, I was on my CRF with yellow number plate backgrounds...#262
Hammer 663s
2/15/2017 4:13pm
Hammer is a good guy. Raced and battled with him for years in the OTHG. I get where he is at with his boy. My son...
Hammer is a good guy.
Raced and battled with him for years in the OTHG.
I get where he is at with his boy.
My son raced support from mini to big bikes at OTHG events and Nationals around our other local promoter races.

Thanks Tim! Sure do miss those days - Oatfield Sierra Nationals as I recall.

Still my Fav shot of all time from you, and what riding with my boy is all about:

Moto810
2/15/2017 6:20pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Man this is pretty dang cool! That member list has grown quite a bit! I think once the support class has a sign in area...
Man this is pretty dang cool! That member list has grown quite a bit! I think once the support class has a sign in area , she's really gonna grow. Good job Terry!
Yeah this is coming along very well. Thanks to everyone who signed up! My tech staff is adding the support class signup tomorrow. They will also add a few other features.

The plan is to make a PDF flyer that anyone can print out and post at local tracks or cycle shops this way we can get many more members. Once we do that we will start talking to local tracks to see what track would like to offer our members a ride day!
JW381
2/15/2017 6:26pm
You might be my soulmate
Last time someone called someone soulmate on here, they ended up married. My husband might live to regret that fateful evening of drinking and posting on...
Last time someone called someone soulmate on here, they ended up married.

My husband might live to regret that fateful evening of drinking and posting on vital... Woohoo

LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

potatoflake
2/15/2017 8:27pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2017 8:30pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Man this is pretty dang cool! That member list has grown quite a bit! I think once the support class has a sign in area...
Moto810 wrote:
Yeah this is coming along very well. Thanks to everyone who signed up! My tech staff is adding the support class signup tomorrow. They will also...
Yeah this is coming along very well. Thanks to everyone who signed up! My tech staff is adding the support class signup tomorrow. They will also add a few other features.

The plan is to make a PDF flyer that anyone can print out and post at local tracks or cycle shops this way we can get many more members. Once we do that we will start talking to local tracks to see what track would like to offer our members a ride day!
Sounds like I jumped the gun, signed up yesterday in the normal registry my bad
Moto810
2/15/2017 8:50pm
In the end it does not matter so much. We will make sure to announce if events have a support class or not. Most Vet races I have researched have support classes. I will be talking to OTHG this weekend so I will learn more about their club and what they have to offer.
jeffro503
2/15/2017 8:50pm
DE262 wrote:
Signed up. Hopefully I will make it back up North for the summer schedule. Jeffro- I think I may have met you a few years back...
Signed up. Hopefully I will make it back up North for the summer schedule.

Jeffro- I think I may have met you a few years back on a practice day at Mt. View. You were by yourself and I was parked right by you. We were bullshitting about tall handle bar set-ups? I think you were on the green bike, I was on my CRF with yellow number plate backgrounds...#262
We very well could have. My memory is a little foggy on it , but most ride days are. I get caught up on the ride , doing things to my bike , and bullshitting with lots of people....it becomes a blur , haha. Was it my 12'? Cause this could be a pic from that very day. I usually don't ever go alone , bit this day I did. You coming back up again this summer? Let me know if you do!

DE262
2/15/2017 9:51pm
Yep that's the one
jeffro503
2/15/2017 11:00pm
DE262 wrote:
Yep that's the one
Ha! Right on! After my last post i do seem to remember talking to a guy about bar set up that day. Had no idea it was you. Hopefully you can make it way back up here again this summer so we can do some roosting.
Moto810
2/16/2017 7:56am
The web staff here decided it would be best for the future if we capture everyone DOB and then we know who is vet or who is support. They are adding that now and will put it live soon. Once that is live anyone who signed up can login later and add their DOB. Thanks
Moto810
2/16/2017 5:15pm
Ok, now support class riders can signup. We added a DOB field on the signup and now we will know who is vet and who is support. Thank you
DE262
2/16/2017 7:48pm
Moto810 wrote:
Ok, now support class riders can signup. We added a DOB field on the signup and now we will know who is vet and who is...
Ok, now support class riders can signup. We added a DOB field on the signup and now we will know who is vet and who is support. Thank you
Right on will do- had a fun couple of sessions today before the wind wrecked it! Cool to meet you, enjoy your trip
Moto810
2/16/2017 9:12pm
Moto810 wrote:
Ok, now support class riders can signup. We added a DOB field on the signup and now we will know who is vet and who is...
DE262 wrote:
Right on will do- had a fun couple of sessions today before the wind wrecked it! Cool to meet you, enjoy your trip
Yeah nice to meet you also. It was a good session today! I was very impressed with Gorman and their facilities! I wish all tracks were that nice! The price of only $5 to ride is down right amazing!

We plan to ride next week if your around.
Starcrossed
2/16/2017 9:23pm
This thread is shrinking. A couple days ago my post was at the bottom of p. 4, now it's at the top. The best threads and posts always disappear, that's why you have to be on here 24/7. Grinning
jeffro503
2/16/2017 9:27pm
This thread is shrinking. A couple days ago my post was at the bottom of p. 4, now it's at the top. The best threads and...
This thread is shrinking. A couple days ago my post was at the bottom of p. 4, now it's at the top. The best threads and posts always disappear, that's why you have to be on here 24/7. Grinning
There was one dipshit that posted some stuff , but it was only like 2 posts. Nothing else has been deleted. As far as this new club Terry started just a few days ago.....65 vet members. And that doesn't include the support class people as of yet. I'd say that was a huge success.
Moto810
2/16/2017 9:35pm
This thread is shrinking. A couple days ago my post was at the bottom of p. 4, now it's at the top. The best threads and...
jeffro503 wrote:
There was one dipshit that posted some stuff , but it was only like 2 posts. Nothing else has been deleted. As far as this new...
There was one dipshit that posted some stuff , but it was only like 2 posts. Nothing else has been deleted. As far as this new club Terry started just a few days ago.....65 vet members. And that doesn't include the support class people as of yet. I'd say that was a huge success.
This has been one of the most positive threads I have seen on here. I was shocked someone did not come on here and compare me to Hitler or say I was the biggest idiot the world has ever seen! lol Every thread seems to have that kind of stuff lately.

On a brighter note.............today I got to ride in Socal at Gorman MX and that was fun! Good bunch of riders there and it was a blast!
Starcrossed
2/16/2017 9:35pm
jeffro503 wrote:
There was one dipshit that posted some stuff , but it was only like 2 posts. Nothing else has been deleted. As far as this new...
Glad to hear it. I hope you guys hold one big open class free for all race at the end of the day, separated by anybody who wants to be on the first gate drop, then double gate everybody else...and post the results on Vital. Grinning Winner gets to be an honorary free member for life. 810guy can afford it. Do you guys get a ride in his jet? I would join just for that.
Moto810
2/16/2017 10:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Glad to hear it. I hope you guys hold one big open class free for all race at the end of the day, separated by anybody...
Glad to hear it. I hope you guys hold one big open class free for all race at the end of the day, separated by anybody who wants to be on the first gate drop, then double gate everybody else...and post the results on Vital. Grinning Winner gets to be an honorary free member for life. 810guy can afford it. Do you guys get a ride in his jet? I would join just for that.
You sound like you might be drunk? What is your point exactly? Have a problem with me?
jeffro503
2/16/2017 11:09pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Glad to hear it. I hope you guys hold one big open class free for all race at the end of the day, separated by anybody...
OK? Not sure what the point of that was.
Starcrossed
2/16/2017 11:56pm
Moto810 wrote:
You sound like you might be drunk? What is your point exactly? Have a problem with me?
No problem Jeffro, just be interesting to see how you guys stacked up in full race mode, and who wouldn't love to go for a ride in a private jet. With the group you have I'm sure there has to be at least a dozen guys who would welcome the idea of running a moto in full competition mode. Imagine flying to the race in MN this weekend so you didn't have to watch it tape delayed. How awesome would that be?
What would give you any indication that I had a problem with you? If you dogged on my posts in the past, I'm sure it was well deserved. I do clown around on here occasionally, never intending harm to anyone. I try not to let my feathers get too ruffled over internet postings, and am not offended when anyone directs negative comments, or takes a run at my posts. It gives this place the special flavor it has.
Did you miss the thread about 810guy's string of successful endeavors? He's made millions developing software and pilots a Gulfstream jet, or at least that's what he posted. He has also served our country in the military, which makes him A ok in my book. I applaud all his successes and am only slightly envious. Sounds like a good thing you guys got going on. Any day at the track with a group like yours is bound to be memorable. No problems here mate. Flame away.
KR145
2/17/2017 5:56am
jeffro503 wrote:
Interesting....Ive only been on here for 4 posts now, 3 yesterday, talking about vets hooking up riding together at our tracks, and they were deleted...may have too find a new sand box to play in....

Post a reply to: Vet Motocross Club (Pacific Northwest)

The Latest