Very cool video of Troy Lee's race teams truck driver...

mxjef
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:48pm
|
j100
12/29/2010 4:01pm
dope video. he's a really cool kid.
j100
12/29/2010 4:01pm
dope video. he's a really cool kid.

The Shop

fcr
12/29/2010 5:49pm
I hate DSL. so far it has taken me about 5 minutes to watch about a minute of the video. I miss cable.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
12/29/2010 6:04pm
That was put together nicely, neat perspective and a cool story. Seems like a good kid with an awesome job!
Jarid332
Fantasy
1658th
12/29/2010 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2010 6:12pm
cool video well put together for sure
stumpjumper
12/29/2010 6:13pm
Very cool,My truck is the baddest ass truck on the road though!
fcr
12/29/2010 6:16pm
Finished, seemed like a very responsible guy.
ebers
Fantasy
174th
12/29/2010 6:29pm
I'd love to see more videos like this of guys behind-the-scene sort of thing... like some lesser known mechanics and such. I'm sure some guys have some good stories on how they got to where they are.
12/29/2010 7:06pm
wow this has been my dream since i was a kid. I've had my class A cdl since i was 18 i'm now 21. I think every day how I would love to drive a semi for a moto team but I would always just say its a dream. After watching this its going to motivate me to try and take the same steps. If theres anyone out there that could help me please. I would take whatever steps possible.
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
12/29/2010 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 12/29/2010 7:15pm
wow this has been my dream since i was a kid. I've had my class A cdl since i was 18 i'm now 21. I think...
wow this has been my dream since i was a kid. I've had my class A cdl since i was 18 i'm now 21. I think every day how I would love to drive a semi for a moto team but I would always just say its a dream. After watching this its going to motivate me to try and take the same steps. If theres anyone out there that could help me please. I would take whatever steps possible.
Your in luck,
http://www.racerxonline.com/article/shea-racing-looking-for-transport-d…
Jason Thomas and Michael Byrne's team BBMX was looking for a driver too a couple weeks ago.
12/29/2010 7:25pm
Thanks I seen that I just do not have much OTR experience. I'll give it a shot thew.
Super pumped after seeing that video.
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
12/29/2010 7:26pm
Thanks I seen that I just do not have much OTR experience. I'll give it a shot thew. Super pumped after seeing that video.
Thanks I seen that I just do not have much OTR experience. I'll give it a shot thew.
Well if you have your license for 3 years and can drive it i think you should give it a shot. Especially since they REALLY need a driver right now.
moto314
12/29/2010 8:13pm
ebers wrote:
I'd love to see more videos like this of guys behind-the-scene sort of thing... like some lesser known mechanics and such. I'm sure some guys have...
I'd love to see more videos like this of guys behind-the-scene sort of thing... like some lesser known mechanics and such. I'm sure some guys have some good stories on how they got to where they are.
Yeah there is so many people behind the scenes (not just on the race team) that make it happen, that nobody knows about. The guy that does the graphics, or the guy that designs some aftermarket part, or the guy the works at the place the puts the DLC coating on the forks.
12/29/2010 8:23pm
wow this has been my dream since i was a kid. I've had my class A cdl since i was 18 i'm now 21. I think...
violation1 needs a driver by sunday. look on racerx
kxkid715
12/29/2010 10:08pm
Thanks I seen that I just do not have much OTR experience. I'll give it a shot thew. Super pumped after seeing that video.

Yeah I would look into the Viloation1 Racing gig. Who knows where it may pan out. Stay motivated!

And I wouldn't worry about not having much OTR experience, I was thrown into the mix with no CDL and picked up quick with the help of others. Good luck Steve!!

Props to Kyle Cowling on this as well, he really knows how to throw a vid together!

mxjef
12/29/2010 11:26pm
kxkid715 wrote:
Yeah I would look into the Viloation1 Racing gig. Who knows where it may pan out. Stay motivated! And I wouldn't worry about not having much...

Yeah I would look into the Viloation1 Racing gig. Who knows where it may pan out. Stay motivated!

And I wouldn't worry about not having much OTR experience, I was thrown into the mix with no CDL and picked up quick with the help of others. Good luck Steve!!

Props to Kyle Cowling on this as well, he really knows how to throw a vid together!

Props to you Corey, Kyle couldn't have put that together without your great narration!!!... Hope you're healing up too!
kxkid715
12/30/2010 1:11am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2010 1:12am
kxkid715 wrote:
Yeah I would look into the Viloation1 Racing gig. Who knows where it may pan out. Stay motivated! And I wouldn't worry about not having much...

mxjef wrote:
Props to you Corey, Kyle couldn't have put that together without your great narration!!!... Hope you're healing up too!
Thanks a grip my friend! I really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone else for the positive feedback!

It was a cool experience and I hope Kyle and I can collaborate on some future stuff.

And as far as the healing goes, I went into my doctor a week earlier then expected for my checkup and he told me I can walk in a boot!! I have been walking on the leg for 2 days now and the progression is astonishing. Both the doc. and I are stunned. Hopefully I can be back on two normal feet by PHX.
Swede
12/30/2010 2:02am Edited Date/Time 12/30/2010 3:21am
This was a refreshing thread, people being positive and helping each other out.

Cool and good luck, suzukisteve162!
iudi2006
Fantasy
229th
12/30/2010 3:11am
kxkid715 wrote:

mxjef wrote:
kxkid715 wrote:
Thanks a grip my friend! I really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone else for the positive feedback! It was a cool experience and I hope...
Thanks a grip my friend! I really appreciate it. And thanks to everyone else for the positive feedback!

It was a cool experience and I hope Kyle and I can collaborate on some future stuff.

And as far as the healing goes, I went into my doctor a week earlier then expected for my checkup and he told me I can walk in a boot!! I have been walking on the leg for 2 days now and the progression is astonishing. Both the doc. and I are stunned. Hopefully I can be back on two normal feet by PHX.
So when you started out you didn't even have a Class A license? I really plan on being involved in a race team in any way possible sometime in the future, Hopefully something in Team managing or something that pays a little better. But my main goal is to be part of the team and be at every race. What do they require to be a Semi driver and what other positions are there that they are at every race. Sorry if this is too many questions.
Kinetic1
12/30/2010 4:22am
I loved being on the road when I was younger and there are parts of it I still miss everyday. Being a race team driver would be cool. Good luck Steve and good job Corey.
FLmxer
Fantasy
898th
12/30/2010 9:30am
Cool story. At 17 I had a job with a bunch of other young guys at a large landscape installation company with brand new f800's with big cranes on the back while also towing huge trailers. The owner knew non of us had the license to drive them but we did for years with no incidents. I was the guy that took the pressured jobs like tight situations and long distances. I took a lot of pride in my trailering. I am still towing something every day. There is a boat or trailer behind my vehicle at all times and I drive all over the country and somehow have zero tickets. I have delivered many large loads and never put a scratch on a vehicle unless on purpose. My family say's that it is one of my favorite hobbies. I often think it would be fun to drive one of these race haulers and enjoy the race scene on the tour. I still do not have the license but will consider it for future oportunities.
elmo
12/30/2010 11:06am
Thanks for all of the positive feedback, everyone! It's greatly appreciated. It was a pleasure working with Corey, and I can't begin to thank him enough for letting me follow him around for a few days and being so open-minded to my ideas. Very pleased that people are enjoying what we came up with. Corey and I have already been working on part II and hopefully it'll be ready to go by the end of January. Again, thanks for watching!!
bmoto816
12/30/2010 11:10am
This is a great thread! Your a inspiration Corey, I too hope land a job like this. I have my CDL and a grad of MMI, so I hope one day it pans out! Wink

Post a reply to: Very cool video of Troy Lee's race teams truck driver...

The Latest