Vertemati S501

Edited Date/Time 3/29/2020 1:10pm
Hello everyone,

Thanks for stopping by.. and please also excuse my ignorance on this rare bike.

My father passed away last year and left me in capable hands of this beast.
He got himself a little project to work on after work hours.. it’s a Vertemati S501.
His plan was to clean it up and get it back on the road and show case it to all. Sadly that came to an end before he really got the chance to get his teeth stuck into the build.

We are a family of bikers.. always have been but I am pretty much stumped when it comes to this bike. I know it’s a rare one and the best way to put it is ‘you have to want one to own one.’

Sorry to keep going on.. I’ll get to the point:

I don’t really want to leave it to fall to bits in the shed. I’d love it to go to someone who knows what this bike is.. what it’s capable of and maybe continue my dad vision of bringing it to it former glory.

So I guess what I am looking for is interest and information.
What’s it worth?
Where’s the best place to sell?
Where can you get new parts for it if I were to take on the challenge of giving it the overhaul?

I‘ve had the bike running.. took it around the block a few times and boy it pulls. Hard to keep the front end down. It’s like a train.
From what I can see it has everything with it sat there ready to be put on the road or converted into an MX toy.

Thank you all for your time in advance.
Kyle

|
bayodome
Fantasy
4305th
3/29/2020 6:53am
Very touching, and yes indeed a VERY rare bike.

I'm not joking when I say this: I recommend reaching out to Jody Weisel at Motocross Action. Not only is MXA literally the only place I ever read about these bikes, but Jody himself is extremely knowledgeable about such matters and may take an interest or at least point you in the right direction.
mac3-d
3/29/2020 6:55am
Can't help with much but I think Husqvarna or maybe Huskaberg bought them out, could be 15- 20 years ago. Joel Smets raced the GPS on one in 1994 wining two GPS and 3rd in the championship.
Try Adrian Lappin motorcycles or Laurence Spence (former Gp racer) motorcycles, both in co. Down Northern Ireland.
Both these men raced the not so popular mx & supermoto bikes.
Saw him race at Ballykelly Irish GP

What a beast the bike looked hard to control but Smets made it look easy
rileymx
3/29/2020 7:27am
vertemati is the family name of the founders of the brand, it then became VOR and even had a factory team to race the mx3 class of the world championship. Smets change team and went to husaberg, Everts even signed with husqvarna but got hurt and miss the all year and VOR had Joaquim Rodrigues (us ktm and geico rider) and the swiss Julian Bill... they also raced supermoto as a factory team, but i dont know much about supermoto....
there is a community in facebook Vertemati-VOR fan club, i guess you can get all the answers you look for in there....

The Shop

Sidecar
3/29/2020 8:22am
I had 2 motocross versions of those, raced them in 03-04-05 then the second one in 06-07-08. They were awesome motors but the chassis was very rigid, they were designed with supermoto in mind I think...

Sidecar
3/29/2020 8:24am
Meant to add I have a contact in the U.K. who has a lot of parts...
ATKpilot99
3/29/2020 8:25am
rileymx wrote:
vertemati is the family name of the founders of the brand, it then became VOR and even had a factory team to race the mx3 class...
vertemati is the family name of the founders of the brand, it then became VOR and even had a factory team to race the mx3 class of the world championship. Smets change team and went to husaberg, Everts even signed with husqvarna but got hurt and miss the all year and VOR had Joaquim Rodrigues (us ktm and geico rider) and the swiss Julian Bill... they also raced supermoto as a factory team, but i dont know much about supermoto....
there is a community in facebook Vertemati-VOR fan club, i guess you can get all the answers you look for in there....
Gert Vandoorn raced a VOR near the end of his career also.
ti473
3/29/2020 9:10am
I remember being a track in northern Italy in 97 I think, and this pretty fast dude was doing some testing on one of these. Kinda weird hearing it at the time since yzf 400 were not even around yet and all I knew was 2 strokes. I believe it had a 3 or 4 gear transmission, and possibly it kicked forward to start. I'm just going off fuzzy memory though. An odd ball indeed!
scott_nz
Fantasy
840th
3/29/2020 9:15am
There is a guy down here that flat track races one still

He said you. Can still get parts from Italy from the manufacturer
WEAL
3/29/2020 1:10pm
I had one, a Vertemati 503MX from 2000. It had a 3-speed gearbox with neutral at the bottom. 1st and 5th gear where replaced by spacers on the motor crossers as 3 gears were enough. The engine was very powerful, built by Bimota, all gear drive for the OHC. Kickstart on the right side, kicking forwards. Swingarm bolted up from 3 pieces of CNC machined aluminium billet, steel frame with bolted up sub-frame and lower rails. Brembo brakes, WP fork and shock. Sadly I sold that bike when my first 600 cc Husaberg FC came along. If you can get a Vertemati, go for it. Its a good bike with very good components and quite unusual.

Post a reply to: Vertemati S501

The Latest