VEGAS SX attendees

Related:
Create New Tag

4/19/2018 10:13 PM

Who is attending the finale? I am going to be in the US anyway, so decided "EFF IT, I'M GOING!". I also bought a pit party pass, not sure if it was worth it but whatever.

Do you guys usually do a meet beforehand and sink some drinks and talk shit, or is it every man for himself?

|

4/19/2018 10:15 PM

Oh also, how do you guys get out there and back from the strip? Just uber? Any problems getting back from the stadium?

|

4/21/2018 2:17 PM

So nobody is going to Vegas or has any insight on the travel situation? I've heard it can be tough to get transport back to the strip, but not sure how accurate that is.

|

4/21/2018 3:04 PM

Thinking about going.

|

4/21/2018 4:02 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

So nobody is going to Vegas or has any insight on the travel situation? I've heard it can be tough to get transport back to ...more

M e and some mates are going over, we usually cab it to the track and there are buses to take you back to the strip afterwards but it is a bit of a line up and wait. You should go to the arenax final on the Friday night seeing as you are already in town.

|

4/21/2018 4:04 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

So nobody is going to Vegas or has any insight on the travel situation? I've heard it can be tough to get transport back to ...more

jeffro961 wrote:

M e and some mates are going over, we usually cab it to the track and there are buses to take you back to the strip afterwards ...more

Thanks mate. Appreciate the info. Will grab a ticket and check out AX too.

|

4/21/2018 4:11 PM

I went for mec and took the free shuttle back and forth. Had no issues. Does anyone know what an Uber would be to go back to the strip. I will take the shuttle to the stadium.

|

4/21/2018 4:13 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2018 4:17 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

Oh also, how do you guys get out there and back from the strip? Just uber? Any problems getting back from the stadium?

I would Uber it from the strip it might take a bit to get picked up again but if you hang out in the stadium and watch the podiums it should clear out pretty quick. There are also some busses going back and forth from various hotels, usually the palms which is not on the strip. where are you guys staying, dont stay at the hard rock as people will say, 10-15 years ago it was the place to go after but it's a dump and was just bought by Virgin and will be converted to one of Branson's Virgin properties. I know it's Vegas but try to go easy on the Beer and Booze during the day it's going to be hot in 2 weeks... already calling for 90s this week and there is plenty of time to Party down after!

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/21/2018 4:14 PM

iplaybmx wrote:

I went for mec and took the free shuttle back and forth. Had no issues. Does anyone know what an Uber would be to go back to ...more

From my house on the far west side it's about 10-15 bucks depending on when you go and the stadium is about as far to the east side of the strip as I am west so it should be about the same.

|

Don’t piss off the old people - the older they get the less “life in prison” is a deterrent for them!

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/21/2018 4:41 PM

I camp in the pits, so that's my plan. :D

|

4/21/2018 4:47 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

bvm111 wrote:

I would Uber it from the strip it might take a bit to get picked up again but if you hang out in the stadium and watch the ...more

Staying at MGM Grand. I would refer to uber both ways, so thank you for the tip. I plan to stay at the stadium right til the very end. I've been to the US a lot but never made it to a SX, so I want to soak it all in.

|

4/21/2018 8:03 PM
Edited Date/Time: 4/21/2018 8:06 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

bvm111 wrote:

I would Uber it from the strip it might take a bit to get picked up again but if you hang out in the stadium and watch the ...more

Barry_Smith wrote:

Staying at MGM Grand. I would refer to uber both ways, so thank you for the tip. I plan to stay at the stadium right til the ...more

MGM will be good, NYNY is right across the strip and a pretty easy walk down to some of the nicer places... if you like good beer go to P.U.B at Aria and sit at the bar. They have a lot of different beers if you are into small Belgian beers! Beer Haus next to NYNY is also a good time and has a LOT of beers on tap, If you want to go to a big awesome patio and have nachos and margaritas hit up CABO WABO it’s on the kind of low rent side of the strip but it’s a pretty good time! Paris has their Beer Garden and I have not been but have heard it is pretty good as well. I havent bought tickets yet but my 5 year just asked if we were going so I’ll more than likely get some this week!

|

2020.5 KTM 450 SXF FE
2006 KX250

4/21/2018 9:43 PM

Just don’t take spirit airlines. I had a 12:15 am flight after last years race. Got an email during practice the flight was delayed till 3 am. Got to the airport and the flight was canceled along with 4 other flights. Stood in line for 4 hours just to fly to Denver and connect to another flight to Minneapolis. The only good thing was I became a fan of forkner because I stood in line and talked with his grandpa during that time.

|

4/22/2018 2:00 AM

5 day trip from NZ, arrive late Wednesday, fly back Sunday evening.

|

@TONY351KTM

4/22/2018 1:59 PM

I’ll be at Vegas, Hangtown and Glen Helen

|

bd

4/26/2018 3:42 PM

Thanks to all for the info!

I've been in SF for work this week and heading to Vegas this Friday night. Planning to watch the Salt Lake SX round at the sports bar inside MGM on Saturday arvo. If anyone wants to throw down a few drinks and talk some shit, let me know.

I'm going to head out to Dream Racing on Sunday morning, so I won't be going too hard on the booze (by Aussie standards).

|

4/26/2018 3:56 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

Book a limo both ways, it will save you an hour or 2 when you try to leave. Took me 1.5 hr in the line up for the shuttle bus in 2012 so I got a limo in 2013, it was waiting for me when I walked out. Back then all the injured or retired riders would be at the circle bar at the hard rock on the friday night getting loose.

|

4/26/2018 4:02 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

fullysicmate wrote:

Book a limo both ways, it will save you an hour or 2 when you try to leave. Took me 1.5 hr in the line up for the shuttle bus ...more

Excellent intel, thanks mate. This sounds like the plan.

If anyone knows where some pros are heading after the race, I would be happy to show them how to drink like a professional for as many 30+2s as they can handle. Bonus points and rounds on me if it's Anderson and crew.

|

4/26/2018 4:05 PM

bd wrote:

I’ll be at Vegas, Hangtown and Glen Helen

Hey, bd. Any intel on where the after-parties are likely to be? Happy to shoot the breeze on Saturday if you're around.

|

4/26/2018 4:25 PM

Family and I are going. Looking forward to the break.

|

4/26/2018 4:40 PM

Grab a burger from Bobby’s Burger Palace. It’s on the strip in front of the Mandarin Oriental and Aria. That’s my Vegas recommendation.

|

4/26/2018 6:43 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

Hey, bd. Any intel on where the after-parties are likely to be? Happy to shoot the breeze on Saturday if you're around.

I think the hard rock is the place to be after the races

|

4/26/2018 7:11 PM

Barry_Smith wrote:

fullysicmate wrote:

Book a limo both ways, it will save you an hour or 2 when you try to leave. Took me 1.5 hr in the line up for the shuttle bus ...more

sounds good, any idea how much a limo would be from the strip and back?

|